Search Unity

[RELEASED] Dynamic Nature - shaders, models, system, textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jan 25, 2017.

1. KevinCain

KevinCain

I see that in at least some of the Vegetation Studio compatible prefabs, the trunk does not extend to connect with the top branches, which leaves them floating in mid air, as show below for ‘Fir_07_Forest_Cheap’. In the foreground center trees, you'll see the top branches are floating.

It seems this happens only for some scale ranges.

Any suggestions?

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its because of lods. We will fix that in upcomming week.

3. DigvijayTiwary

DigvijayTiwary

@NatureManufacture I just upgraded to unity 2017.2 and all the trees and grass look red... is there an update/fix for 2017 ? I'm using the latest version. This is what it looks like now, and this before 2017.2

Nature.jpg
    Explore_Image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  4. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes for unity 2017 there are more shaders, faster shaders and trees shader also is fixed. like we mention please download unity 2017 v of the pack for unity 2017:)

5. DigvijayTiwary

DigvijayTiwary

6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

7. KevinCain

KevinCain

Hello, @NatureManufacture -- I didn't see a new release addressing the above, am I looking in the wrong spot?

8. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sorry. I will put dev into it today. We had really bussy week - releasing new 5months project.

Mark_01 likes this.
  9. KevinCain

KevinCain

Thanks for that. I really wasn't trying to push, but again, thank you.

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Np its your right :)

11. jnbbender

jnbbender

@NatureManufacture I have been desperate for a decent general nature asset on mobile for sometime. I am using/testing on an older Andoird (Samsung S5). I know this is a VERY broad question but does anyone have any general numbers on how this package performs? I noticed based on 1 user comment that the assets were unable to receive shadows, is this the case?

12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

This assets are rather for pc. Grass snow or ice shading fit mobiles well.

13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Fix will be available tommorow.

14. jnbbender

jnbbender

That's what actually what I've been hunting for... something for Android. BTW, know anything that will slice a BIG mesh (terrain converted) ;)

15. Elapse

Elapse

16. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Terrain to mesh or something from this publisher?

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Im a bit sick now. I will check as soon as i will be on legs.

18. jnbbender

jnbbender

Something from this publisher.

19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

20. jnbbender

jnbbender

21. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

Maybe is a silly question but, I want to dynamically change my seasons in trees, grass and terrain, and Dynamic Nature Starter seems to do the job, but I was also looking to CTS as well, and it seems to do the same? (excluding the trees and grass?) is there a table comparing which assets and funcitonlity CTS and Dynamic Nature share? so I don't have to buy both (yet) at the same time.

22. jakejolli

jakejolli

I could be wrong about this as it's been a little while since I've used either of these (I have both), but if I remember from my experiments correctly, the main benefit Dynamic Nature offers over CTS is the ability to add snow coverage to ALL of your models (after a small amount of configuration), whereas CTS will only do terrain.

Like I said, I could be wrong. But that's what I'm remembering.

NatureManufacture likes this.
  23. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

oh alright.

Also does the asset have configurations or way to configure for Autumn, Spring and Summer or whatever season just by replacing textures or modifying shader parameters?

edit: I bought the asset and confirm the shader slider has a season parameter which turns from green healthy looking to orangish fall looking the tree leaves

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  24. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture I think you should update your asset description because I think it is misleading when you say 6 trees, one imagines 6 different types of trees when it only includes TWO types of trees with variations, it only includes a birch and a willow in other words. I should have asked before buying it, I needed a pine.

25. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

6 trees = 6 tree models not 6 types. We didnt include any pine. Ahh this is probably because you saw pine in ice world / ice shading demo?

26. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture Yeah was an error of my part I should've been informed better.

Anyway I have another question, the terrain shader has only 4 slots for albedo and normal, is it possible to have more than this? (I guess I can edit the shader in shader forge but I dont have shader forge...) because for example I have 10 textures in my terrain, when I add the custom material with your Terrain Snow Cover shader, all the remaining textures are shown in black

27. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I will extend it in new update but to be honest main terrain shader for such snow is CTS,

It have better snow cover etc. It was also made by us. It's faster first pass shader.

28. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture Yeah it was a dilemma because I could only afford one of them, and chose Dynamic Nature instead just because of the trees :/

29. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture is there a way to ignore a certain texture or mask it with the snow shader included in Dynamic Nature - Starter? if not, any suggestion on how to do it? (without having to get CTS...). In the example below I dont want snow to cover the path
    upload_2018-5-25_23-53-21.png

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There is snow amount per player so you could reduce it on path.

Rodolinc likes this.
  31. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

Oh alright the albedo snow reduction, would be nice to have some kind of mask, since that decreases amount of snow anywhere the texture is used.

32. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture which wind zone affects the trees? I have gaia's wind zone and enviro sky wind zone and as much as I modify the value the tree's don't get affected by it, where can I modify the wind strength on the trees? (I'm using birch snow seasonal prefabs)

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ah by mask, I will check anyway

This trees need update to our new hd srp wind (we will finish update in the end next week) so you will get same affect as we made in Mountain Trees - Dynamic Nature and our Advanced Foliage Pack (grass)
    https://gyazo.com/8b30cf9835422b238c8b8a68324c09f5
    https://gyazo.com/ca18df17342c6c054634f7f542a68176

Until this moment you have to change direction and power in each material.

Rodolinc likes this.
  34. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

Oh that would be awesome, looking forward to the update, thanks

35. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture sorry to bother again. Two questions:

1. How can I modify the SnowManager snow amount slider through code? it only exposes the snowValue which is calculated on the editor snowmanager script for the slider, so when I change the snowValue it does nothing. What I do is the following

snowManager.snowValue = 2;
    Shader.SetGlobalFloat("_Snow_Amount", Mathf.Clamp(snowManager.snowValue * snowManager.snowGrassValue, 0, snowManager.snowGrassValueMax));

but maybe there's a proper way?

2. Is there another global value for wind like "_Snow_Amount" global but that afects all materials' WindPower value?

Thanks

36. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture Can you explain to me how I can blend the rock with the terrain with your StandardMetallicUVFreeSnow shader? i tried replacing the texture slots, but it doesn't blend with terrain, or can you show me an example if possible?
    thanks
    upload_2018-5-31_12-4-44.png

37. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sorry but this screen is a bit to small hm.... Could you show me material properties which you used?
    Also watch the tilling it must be same like in terrain.

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It will be in next update in our converted hd srp wind.
    Did you handle this problem with snow or you still need info?

39. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture yes, here is how it looks, I don´t know if the package includes those missing textures or I should make my own? or how doe sit work for the rocks to merge the texture with the terrain at the bottom?

upload_2018-5-31_19-31-29.png

40. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@NatureManufacture I didn't find a better solution, I am using the code I posted basically copied the code from the SnowManager, if there's a better way to directly control that slider in the SnowManager through my script, would be nice to know. thanks!

41. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

@NatureManufacture is there any ETA on updating this asset to be in line with all your other assets? Would be nice to have VS prefabs so I don't have to mess with it every update.

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

a) you will get new trees (more and more optimised)
    b) you will get all VS compatibile (at unite berlin will be avaialable to see at our booth)
    c) huge optimisations
    d) lw srp support
    and much more. It will be very soon after unite

We need sometime - last week we spent on presentations on our unite booth.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  43. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

Not going to be at Unity Berlin but looking forward to those changes asap.

44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Most assets for it are done just need few days to merge everythong from.team and clean :)

Rodolinc and Kaen_SG like this.
  45. RendCycle

RendCycle

Is this fully compatible with Unity 2018.1? Also, I have to ask this newbie question as I haven't tried freezing water yet: Will this do it even partially? I'm using Community Ocean Shader for the water.

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It works nornaly with any unity version. We atm at unite berlin with our both but wjen we will back we will try to give big update with many cool chages optimisations assets and features.
    Frozen water is ratherseparate shader so it coudnt froze others. I feel like there could be made some tricks to achive that like 2 objects and when ice comes it start to overlay water background but I didnt test that myself yet.

47. RendCycle

RendCycle

Ok, thanks for the reply! Good to know this asset is continually being improved and supported. :)

48. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We always
    We always support our assets and for free. Some of them have few years now and we will adjust them and add stuff to support all new future engines. So they were never deprecated.

umcherrel and RendCycle like this.
  49. GrassWhooper

GrassWhooper

hey there, so i do have a sort of small question on the work flow.

i did buy both CTS and the Dynamic Nature Starter, but i am unsure how to make both work with each other.

basically, what i am trying to achieve, is have one environment, and have it switch between multiple seasons, across multiple scenes.
    (same scene, but i duplicate it, and switch season) this basically is my goal.

grass: where should i use the prefabs that are in it, and then use the Snow Manager that comes with the Dynamic Nature Starter, or should i use the Textures, and simply add them directly into unity terrain, and maybe the Weather Controller of CTS will handle it?

for trees: should i add the trees prefabs manually, or plug them into the unity terrain itself?

lastly for rocks: i thought i'd be able to make them change "seasons" without having to replace the prefabs for each scene, was i mistaken or is there some way that i am missing?

sorry for the beginner stuff questions, its just that, i maybe have gotten myself a bit too lost :D i bought both assets, knowing they'd help me with the environment immensely but i seem to be a bit lost, on how to make both work with each other.

(also very excited to hear there is a new update :) )
    note: i am using 2018.1.5f1

50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please check our demo scenes inside project. There is anwer for all questions.
    For unity terrain you don't have to do anything with grass - it work because we overwrite grass shading to add snow.
    For trees both are correct but terrain is faster.
    Yes you could change seasons for rock without changing scene - just set snow value 0 or 1:) in materials or our script which manage snow amount in connected materials.
    CTS and dynamic nature have same snow slider - same value name etc.

GrassWhooper likes this.