Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Dynamic Nature - shaders, models, system, textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Salja

Salja

Well the missing Objects Importent without the Demo is not working i talk about the Enviro Demo from your Trailer Video is not working when Enviro Object Show missing and i have installed enviro i can drop again but i have not your Settings.
    Yes i download the last Version from ast update yesterday i delete but i will install again and Show you the black Areas on the tress

2. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

Hi, I bought your package and Enviro, want to see your enviro demo but I can't open it, can you explain step by step on how to open up your enviro demo from your trailer? And all the other scenes I opened have pink leaves, seems like the texture is not right

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  3. Salja

Salja

The enviro Demo is Not working i Report sice over a Month

The pack is Not Bad but Not really good for productive use, some Bugs and the snow shader dont Support Detail maps so can Not use a Lot of objects and some of Bugs i Report sice Month

4. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hmm ... let me check what happend. Im really mad on unity asset store server because it messed files about 8 times and everytime I upload data it's a bit different then it should... anoying. Ok anyway whats the problem with enviro ?
    - What unity version?
    - Models have pink leaves or prefabs?
    - Why you can't open?

The problem is also with unity 2017 it crashes with non-default editor layout and with many different resons - AO, reflection probe, light probe re-bake at terrain when snow apears.. Just crazy... New unity is huge mess so I don't even know what to say if you use 2017;/. Just wait until they fix that...
    If you use unity 2017 you must download 2017 version of this asset you cannot port it because they change so many things so I had to rebuild shaders and sometimes models and this coudn't be 2017.0 it must be 2017.1.1 or higher because lower versions are just ...... eh...
    All problems just apear at unity 2017... at 5.6 everything is ok.... It drop meshes during import... but only sometimes..... The list is huge...

To be honest:
    - unity teach on courses new users at 5.5
    - I personaly use 5.6 because it's best
    - Unity 5 was unusable until 5.4
    - Unity 2017 I use only to support assets if someone have courage to use it...
    - Unity 2017 need time to be clean and full operative
    - I don't know any dev which use 2017 in development right now, to early for them to many crashes and converting is pain in the ass after so many changes. I saw they even change depth buffer now so heh...
    - Yes 2017 is faster and lightmap bake etc is new and faster. It's soo cool but.... too fresh.

Just few advices from the heart as im it's user since 2012.

5. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

Hi thanks for the reply,
    I can open it now, but it's all black, even if I play the scene, but if I turn off the lighting I can see the terrain, but all the trees seems to be in wrong color (I can see the texture, so I think this would be shader problem), there is also missing prefab, the camera also have missing script
    I attached the screenshot in my unity screen to give you more info.
    I use unity 2017.1.0f3

Attached Files:

6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You see vertex color instead of shader render. Unity converted 5.5 version instead of 2017 because you use 2017.1 not 2017.1.1 yeah... I send this into unity few weeks ago that it convert unity 5 versions instead of 2017....What they made with that?? Nothing.... They change so much so they should stand face to face with this...
    https://gyazo.com/40d578b7e6b13061eb290626759c7233
    So:
    Use 2017.1.1 delete asset and download new version so it will send you 2017 version instead of 5.5
    Missings shoudnt be important maybe it's pegasus which i used for movment and free look camera. Sorry for small mess

7. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

How do I download the 2017 version? I just bought it today, I think I have the latest version

8. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

Great I'll try it now

9. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

i modified my post read them all again. Anyway I hope this will help. Maybe i will change in asset description that they must use 2017.1.1 because 2017.1 will import crap.

10. Salja

Salja

Lol really you say 2017 is the Problem it's only it th the dinamic nature asset never had Problems with other assets and I habe over 64 differnt installed. You let him download a New Version but the enviro demo is broken alredy say this sice Month missing prefrab and then I'm ignored now I wish I'd never bought it

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

So just take refund it's no problem from my side. You talking about missing prefab without knowledge about this what was inside ;/ and you talking about it like it was something totaly important.

Here is enviro prefab 1.8v.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7odo683tp11gah/EnviroSky - 1.8.prefab?dl=0
    I will remove this from project because enviro will change alot in next version and there is no sense to put prefabs and data when system is changing. Specialy at 3gb pack.

Supporting xx outside assets was crazy as they change alot every month.

I also added info about 2017.1.1f1+ I should do this earlier I didnt know that unity will import 5.5 v.

As I didnt get any info from unity team about my task with 2017 assets problems. They only said they will take care about this and they didn't until now.

12. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

I think it will also help if you include some kind of version info inside the package, like a notepad maybe, so we know if we have downloaded the right/latest version, I just redownload again because I'm not sure if I have the right version, since some of the shaders that were refused to get deleted (Unity keep adding your shaders automatically back even if I deleted the Dynamic Nature folder) are actually the same (no changes detected by Unity), so instead wasting a lot of time importing it, I might as well download it again.
    Would be better if you put inside the release notes, what version is inside this current package

13. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

Want to let you know, it worked after I downloaded the latest version, thanks

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  14. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Thanks;)
    I know hehe I had this issue with few users few times. Im so tired with unity server system and 2017 engine version. Everything starts when they apply it and new store.

15. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Autumn season support?

TheSeawolf and jakejolli like this.
  16. Candac59

Candac59

Hello,

I would like to integrate your asset into my project. I already have Gaia, CTS and Unistorm. Unfortunately, after the import of Dynamic Nature, I am lost and I do not know what to do. I did not find an updated tutorial, especially regarding the procedure to follow while having CTS.

Could you please, give me the procedure?

cordially

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

What do you mean? Hmm there are only shaders with models and small example script to change season:) Example scene are pretty simple I hope;)

18. Candac59

Candac59

For example, if I change the shaders I have to replace those of CTS with those of Dynamic Nature? I do not understand either to activate the snow on the SpeedTree and I do not have the impression that dynamic Nature take into account the CTS Weather Manager?

19. creat327

creat327

I'm lost as to why this package and CTS. What's the advantage of this one over the other? or viceversa? Also this one seems to support shader model 2 (so it should run on mobile open gl 2 which is awesome!) and CTS does not. But both packages seems to do the same thing right?

Also, i don't see it anywhere but does this support standard meshes? I try to avoid unity terrain and convert them always to meshes. They are way faster since Unity terrain sucks.

Lastly, an option to create holes? My terrain if forced into unity terrain would require tunnels.

20. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

They are not the same. I don't know why you think like that? CTS is terrain shader. Dynamic Nature Starter is foliage and models shading with very simple terrain shading.
    Replace cts shader by dynamic nature? This are 2 different things. To activate son on speedtree you have to replace speedtree shaders by ours.

21. creat327

creat327

ok, so does it import my existing unity terrain billboard grass and convert it to your system automatically or i would need to redo all my grass?
    my unity terrain grass are just a texture (no quads or meshes)

also, touching bending supported?

and lastly, do you have a windows compiled demo that we can check for performance?

22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Touching bending is not supported. You don't have to do anything with your grass. We overwrite unity engine shaders so it work with their grass system.

Nope I have not.

23. creat327

creat327

ok so two more questions then
    1) performance wise, is it better than existing unity grass? my problem is that i get spikes when moving faster over the grass, so i had to purchase systems that replace the unity grass and draw them by themselves. For instance i'm using advance terrain grass right now https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/100014 is this compatible or can i use yours instead of that one?

2) no touch bending... is it planned? it's a hugely important feature since i have moving vehicles over the grass and it looks way too fake if it doesn't move/bend on touch

24. DigvijayTiwary

DigvijayTiwary

@NatureManufacture Dynamic Nature starter pack says it has 1:1 compatibility with CTS, but its missing CTS terrain profile in the Demo scene ? Was this by accident? Is it possible for you to share the terrain profile for Demo scenes please. Thanks

25. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Nah we didnt add any because hmm i dont know:D Profile is easy to setup.

1) I didnt try but it should work. Depends if it is able to handle additional global texture.
    2) vegetation studio will handle that and also my snow soon after release - I hope it will come soon:).

26. creat327

creat327

for 2)... But i'm not using vegetation studio because they don't support 2d textures (well it does, with tricks, and it looks bad because it doesn't match the unity grass positioning)

27. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We will update our wind today.

VS suppoorts billboard textures.

28. creat327

creat327

yeah and my experience is that it doesn't look good and performance is bad (for unity grass textures). At last on the one i tried last month. Not sure if you made any improvements.

29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

My shader from advanced foliage pack is very fast and good looking for vs... but.. no touch bending.

30. creat327

creat327

yep, and touch bending is mandatory today. You can't have a car or anything big running over grass looking like it's going through

31. creat327

creat327

btw, does the terrain shaders included on the package work on a mesh? I try to stay away from Unity Terrain and instead convert them to meshes.

32. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hmmmm I will add this - good idea! but mash coudnt be rotated because it will broke normals. Even atm it will work but normals will be a bit odd.

33. DigvijayTiwary

DigvijayTiwary

Heh, alright It looked a bit when i tried to set up a profile RTP user here. Still getting used to CTS.

34. Candac59

Candac59

hi, is compatible with vegetation studio or not oO

35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

This movie was made with VS and Dynamic Nature Starter. VS do not support snow yet.

36. creat327

creat327

how do you get it to work on a mesh right now?
    To me it's your main selling point: you support older devices because it runs on opengl 2. My user base is mostly mobile and about half of the android devices on the world are still using opengl2, which means I cannot use any of the other packages out there.
    Since I work on mobile, I also cannot use unity terrain (it's SUPER slow) so I convert everything to a mesh (super fast rendering).

So, having mesh+cool terrain texture+dynamic snow running on opengl2 is a huge win for me.
    Btw, I want to add it to this game: www.dogfightelite.com

37. blitzvb

blitzvb

hey,

few questions:

>"- Speedtree support (but not billboards yet)"​

will the snow show up even on speed tree trees? no billboards,what does that mean exactly?

>"Vegetation studio support:"​

does the seasonal change of trees and grass is working with instances indirect VS?

>is enviro supported ?​

thanks in advance.

Vincent

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  38. blitzvb

blitzvb

One more things : do you provide ASE shader graph for this asset like for thrive pack ?

antoripa likes this.
  39. creat327

creat327

it seems this thread is dead already... nobody replied over 2 months

antoripa likes this.
  40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Nope but unity didnt show that there are any messages. Please mark ma as @NatureManufacture at each post it will show me it at alerts. I have many threads at unity or send message via ourweb and form. Ok so:
    That mean that last lod in speedtree will not cover by snow ( we cant modify and sell speedtree shaders). We have slow contacts with ST and this case is frozen.

Vs do not support dynamic cover yet. Its in lennart to do list.

We basicaly dont share graphs because asset store devs coppy them and resell as theirs :/ they even coppy whole models add poly filters and sell again with even same scene construction etc...:/ crazy...
    Nope we are still here but please mark us so we will see the post.

Mark_01, AdamGoodrich and blitzvb like this.
  41. blitzvb

blitzvb

thanks for your answers. I appreciated.

For that problem what's working for me is the unread watched thread. it's always up to date. alert not so much.

in case my point is misunderstood. I am cool and there is no prob. I just wish to expose my arguments to you.

well, it's the case for all assets in the assets store. Code assets too. I don't see any difference between a shader graph and a piece of code. they all can be copied (and they are :( ). As always, when you try to block stealer, you also block honest users that would have bought your asset but will not, because the source are not available.(aka me :/)

After, in my opinion, 2018.1 that come along with his own shader graph editor, is going to be a game changer on that point and not necessarily for ASE only but for everybody (assets dev and game dev).

Indeed, It's going to be more easy to find any shader effect that the user will be able to integrate into their own shader.

Want to add a snow effect? just find a shader graph asset that do it and integrate it into your own... it's actually a little bit the case with ASE shaders today (there is two assets for snow that provide the graph)...

I think that winners of that new game, will be assets developer that provide the graph or a plugin system for graph... other will be beaten.

my two cents.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    NatureManufacture likes this.
  42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

True thats why on unity 2018 we will use open graphs. Competition anyway all the time copy our ideas and shaders so...

Mark_01 and blitzvb like this.
  43. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Not sure what you are talking about, because I don't know such case. Anyway this is thread about this asset not about developer problems.

Mark_01 likes this.
  44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You forgot that is thread about my assets and its support. Please do not offtop anymore. There was question about shader graph and answer thats all.

blitzvb, Mark_01 and AdamGoodrich like this.
  45. KevinCain

KevinCain

I had no trouble installing and using the Dynamic Nature 'Mountain Tree Pack', but when attempting to build I get many shader errors, a sampling of which you can see in the below screen grab in Unity 5.6.4.f1:

The majority of the errors are 'Too many math instructions' and 'compiled shader code uses too many instruction slots' as below.

Specifically, the errors are in two shaders associated with the Vegetation Studio prefabs:
    1. ...Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack\Third Party Asset Support\Vegetation Studio\Shaders\VS Tree_Leaves_Specular.shader
    2. ...Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack\Third Party Asset Support\Vegetation Studio\Shaders\VS Tree_Bark_Metalic.shader
    Can you please advise?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I will reupload this tommorow in the morning with hardcoded fix.
    Just change pragma 2.0 into 3.0 in shader somtimes unity have problem with compile itself;/. I used it in huge amount of projects and no issues but.... sometimes this happend. It's rather unity error - it didnt scale it.

47. KevinCain

KevinCain

Thanks for the fast reply!

I updated the two shaders with compilation errors:
    1. ...Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack\Third Party Asset Support\Vegetation Studio\Shaders\VS Tree_Leaves_Specular.shader
    2. ...Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack\Third Party Asset Support\Vegetation Studio\Shaders\VS Tree_Bark_Metalic.shader
    Switching to the 3.0 target and recompiling is all that is needed:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #pragma target 3.0

48. KevinCain

KevinCain

I'm using Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack '\Third Party Asset Support\Vegetation Studio\Prefabs'.

Rendering works well without the VS indirect instancing option; with indirect on, only the trunks from the Mountain Tree Pack render.

In the Mountain Tree Pack shaders, I note:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         #include "NM_indirect.cginc"
    2.         #pragma target 3.0
    3.         #pragma multi_compile_instancing
    4.         #pragma multi_compile __ _WINDVERTEXCOLORMAINRNOISEB_ON
    5.         #pragma multi_compile _ LOD_FADE_CROSSFADE
    6.         #pragma instancing_options procedural:setup
    From the VS site (https://www.awesometech.no/index.php/guide-adding-instanced-indirect-support-to-shaders/) they configure indirect support a bit differently for submeshes:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #pragma instancing_options procedural:setup
    2. #pragma multi_compile GPU_FRUSTUM_ON __
    3. #include "VS_indirect.cginc"
    Can you please advise?

Also, do you see a reason to use indirect instancing with Mountain Tree Pack trees -- e.g., is there a strong performance advantage?

Thanks again.

49. KevinCain

KevinCain

A minor point, but is anyone else not seeing thumbnails from the Mountain Tree Pack in Vegetation Studio? I see thumbnails for other trees, but for some reason with NatureManufacture the 'Select Vegetation Item' tiles are blank (grey). Hmmm....

50. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its unity engine bug. If object have more then 1 material it get bugged in instanced indirect. Unity will fix it soon.