Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Dynamic Nature - shaders, models, system, textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jan 25, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

This pack is:
    - group of HQ assets which will work with unity standard shaders and other systems;
    - huge group of shaders which will bring better quality and simplify your workflow, if you want to use them;
    - shader pack for CTS to get 1:1 compatibility; - all shaders are shared between our all assets;

In our pack you will find 5 aspects (artistic content, shaders, tools, support files):

1) Artistic content:

- 33 rock prefabs with snow auto-cover, uv free cover and standard
    - 7 atlased rock texture sets (27 textures);
    - 4 birch trees with 32 prefabs in HD, autumn, Vegetation Studio, optimised combination;
    - 2 willows trees with 14 prefabs in HD, autumn, Vegetation Studio, optimised combination;
    - Tree triangles specification below;
    - 11 rock models;
    - 6 ice floe models;
    - 34 ice rock and floe prefabs in 2 example material variants (data is for about ice 540 variants);
    - 64 ice lake materials ;
    - 64 ice solid object materials;
    - 64 ice lake materials with vertex painted snow;
    - 5 ground texture sets (20 textures);
    - 5 grass prefabs for unity terrain;
    - 5 grass prefabs with LOD’s for VS and custom foliage systems;
    - our R.A.M river meshes example as frozen river. - 9 unity grass billboards textures sets;
    - 60 vegetation studio grass prefabs with Lod's;
    - 2 scanned optimised trunks with snow version;
    - 6 roots models with snow version;
    - uv free environment demo;
    - frozen river environment demo;
    - frozen lake environment demo;
    - 2 seasons and dynamic snow demos;
    - All grass textures contain: Albedo, Normalmap, AO, Smoothness;
    - All ground textures contain: Albedo, Normalmap, Metalic, AO, Smoothness;
    - All object textures contain: Albedo, Normalmap, Metalic, AO, Smoothness;
    - All content support snow;
    In ground textures you will find: snow, grass, dirt / mud, rock;

2) Shaders:
    - All shaders support vegetation studio instanced indirect out of the box; - Note: Snow cover could be sand, moss,grass anything;
    - 6 grass shader (lite, standard specular with snow variants);
    - 4 standard shaders with snow support;
    - 3 cross shaders as last tree lod (standard, snow, seasons);
    - bark shaders with snow, metallic/specular variants;
    - seasons leaves shaders which support autumn changes and snow cover in metallic/spec variants;
    - 4 ice rock shaders autocovered by snow with uvfree ice (cool ife icebergs and floe) - 8 ice lake shaders in variants: translucency, metallic, specular, snow on vertex color;
    - 4 ice solid models shader variants in variants: metallic,specular,translucency;
    - 5 uv free shaders also with snow cover;
    - 2 unity terrain grass shaders to cover unity grass by snow;
    - 3 terrain shaders with snow cover (max 4 splats + snow) in uvfree and triplanar variants;

3) Ported wind shading from HD SRP:
    - Advanced and cheap wind shading;
    - Wind will be shared between our all assets;
    - Wind works 1:1 like in HD SRP;
    - Wind manage grass colors and normals;
    - All shaders have snow support version;

4) Tools and Scripts:
    - Snow Wind Manager to control seasons and snow amount;
    - Vertex paint tool shared between all our assets;

5) Additional support files:
    - Post process profiles (image effects from movie);

Trees specification - low overdraw and smart shaders are gpu friendly. Trees share same materials so this will keep low drawcall usage at the scene.

Trees contain optimised and hd versions:

Optimised LOD’s tris:
    Big Birch :13000/8300/2500/27(cross);
    Big Birch 2: 16500/8900/2600/27(cross);
    Medium Birch;9300/3400/2000/27(cross);
    Young Birch:2000/1000/500/27(cross); Big Willow :11000/5200/2400/27(cross);
    Big Willow 2: 11000/5200/2600/27(cross);

HD LOD’s tris:
    Big Birch :22000/11700/4800/2500/27(cross);
    Big Birch 2: 29600/14500/4700/2600/27(cross);
    Medium Birch:13800/7200/3400/2000/27(cross);
    Young Birch:2000/1000/500/300/27(cross);
    Big Willow :18400/8600/4800/2900/27(cross);
    Big Willow 2: 15400/7200/4100/2600/27(cross);

Screen_21_N.png Screen_20_N.jpg
    Screen_38_N.jpg Screen_39_N.jpg
    Screen_35_N.jpg

This pack is group of PBR assets (models, textures, shaders) which create dynamic and non dynamic environment system. This is part of huge system which will bring dynamic and non dynamic HQ environment into unity. Asset could be also used to change your models into winter, or overgrown with moss and grass without additional work. All shaders are compatibile with Unity Standard shader (they use the same channels) and unity terrain system. Leaves shader dynamically change snow cover but also change leaves to autumn version. Each snow/moss shader dynamically reacts on object position and covers it by snow or moss correctly by taking into account normalmap, vertex position and it's direction. This feature gives natural feeling. Models contain LODs, trees use cross models as last LOD.

Meshes
    Prefabs show many shaders specular and metalic variants like:
    UV free, UV free snow - they are world mapped so scale do not change texture resolution. They blend perfectly with terrain
    Standard Snow/Moss/Grass shaders cover models by snow from the top. Cover reacts on rotation and normalmap dynamically.

Terrain
    Terrain shaders use only 4 splats + snow texture. Snow uses normalmap and terrain slope to cover your terran. CTS - Complete terrain shader is full version with many variants and optimisation of this shaders.

Ice
    Shader features: ice depth, water depth, translucency, noise which kills tilling, PBR, objects and terrain blending. There are few ice shader wariants so they will fit many situations. There is uvfree version, vertex painted by snow version which could be used for lakes or ice caves.

All shaders use the same channels as unity standard shaders and support instantiating:
    Metalic Shader: Albedo (RGB) // Metalic (R) Ambient Occlusion (G) Smothness (A) // Normal (RGB)
    Specular Shader: Albedo (RGB) // Normal (RGB) // Specular (RGB) Smothness (A) // Ambient Occlusion (G)
    We use and advise to use such configuration in your projct to save a lot of memory and gpu sources. Instead of spearated 5-6 textures you can use 3 combined textures ,with the same result in unity standard shader as well as in our system.

Textures are 2048x2048 up to 4096x4096 resolution but they look very good also at lower resolution. With packed and atlased structure they are very light for gpu and memory.

Many screens were made with Unity post process stack. Their profiles are incluided in asset pack.

Assetstore Link

Documentation

Tutorials:

Terrain Setup Tutorial

Actual Version 1.5

Version 1.5
    New update for unity 2017.1+
    - lw srp support
    - added ice floe - whole foliage is MUCH faster now
    - new wind ported from hd srp
    - sync to NatureManufacture assets and compatibility
    - rebuilded trees
    - full vegetation studio support
    - HUGE trees optimisations
    - new ice shaders ice covered by snow
    - new ice shader, ice vertex painted by snow
    - new 21 stone prefabs with ice and snow on top (cool for ice lake and river borders)
    - R.A.M spline example as frozen river
    - post process stack file added
    - fixed, speed up and upgraded terrain shaders
    - cleaned and optimised all shaders
    - fixed normals on foliage
    - reduced numbers of poligons on trees
    - reduced numbers of materials on trees
    - fixes on leaves textures
    - new crosses which works with wind - new lower price
    - seasonal trees contain crosses etc
    - optimised and upgraded shaders

Complete Terrain Shader (CTS) preview with Dynamic Nature Stater. Asset is fully compatibile because was made by NatureManufacture and Adam Goodrich.

Visit us:

Facebook
    Twitter
    Our website - naturemanufacture.com
    Discord - support

You could also look at our other packs:

Unity Tools:
    River Auto Material 2019 - create fabalous river in few seconds, (ground textures included)

River Auto Material - create fabalous river in few seconds, (ground textures included)
    Lava & Volcano Envrionment 2019- create fabalous lava enviro, volcano, river, cave.
    Lava & Volcano Envrionment - create fabalous lava enviro, volcano, river, cave.
    World Streamer - optimise your game, stream data and remove memory, cpu, gpu usage, create endless looped world. Reduce loading times.
    Terrain Stitcher Tools - connect multiple terrains, remove holes in 1 button click. Options will help you to handle any shape connections. Easy and fast border stitching.
    Multiple Terrain Brush - work at multiple terrains as they become one, without any borders and holes

Terrain Shading:
    CTS terrain shader 2019- AAA terrain render and textures made with Adam Goodrich, 1 pass (less drawcalls then unity terrain), snow,water auto cover. Totaly easy in use.
    CTS terrain shader - AAA terrain render and textures made with Adam Goodrich, 1 pass (less drawcalls then unity terrain), snow,water auto cover. Totaly easy in use.

Environment:
    Forest Environment - Dynamic Nature -
    huge library of trees, rocks, grass, branches, slopes, best artistic content winner at unity awards 2019.
    Meadow Environment - Dynamic Nature - huge library of trees, rocks, grass, flowers
    Mountain Tree Pack - Dynamic Nature - HQ optimised tree pack. Cheap in render and gives fabalous render result.
    Ice World - ice shaders for water and models with huge ice textures library
    PBR Graveyard Pack - really huge library of PBR cemetery sculpted and scanned models with foliage. You will find monastery, interiors, graveyards, nature, walls
    Advanced Rock Pack - auto-covered rocks which you could easly blend with unity terrain. Big library of HQ ground textures included.
    Advanced Foliage Pack - huge library of foliage (grass, roots, trunks) with ground textures. Vegetation studio supported.
    Photo Scanned Park Assets - photoscanned and optimised park models like fountains, statues, bench, laterns, stairs and fences. Best LOD's in the planet :D
    Dynamic Nature Starter - library of rocks, trees ground textures and shaders which could be autcovered by snow at runtime.
    Winter Mountains and Stamps - group of background mountains and stamps for gaia and new unity terrain 2018.3+
    Realistic Grass Pack - pretty old grass (billboard) texture library
    Realistic Tree Pack - pretty old big library of trees, optimised and cheap in render
    Mountain Tree Pack - pretty old group of mountain trees, optimised and cheap in render.

Ground Textures:
    Winter Ground Pack - library of winter ground textures like rocks, snow, paths , grass etc
    Landscape Ground Pack - big library of ground/forest textures
    Landscape Ground Pack 2- big library of ground textures

VR & FP Models:
    VR Hands FP Arms - pack of hands and arms models with fabalous skin shader. Mobile and standalone versions.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

This package is really awesome ... love the rendering ... looks like in Unreal :D

Great work, looking forward to use them in combination with World Creator to create some really nice terrains and screens.

deepunity3dcreator likes this.
  3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Upcomming update. This is only part of things which will be included in version 1.1. Hopefully I will upload it today/tommorow. Grass is rendered with uNature system and our input shaders.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  4. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

Looks great ;)

NatureManufacture likes this.
  5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Terrain blend shader also available in 1.1 hopefuly uploaded today:) AO and metalic is broken now but.. :D

Final version:

6. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi there, Does this shader package work with RTP Terrain shaders and terrain Composer?

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi!. Yeah it should be ok. If you use use RTP terrain shaders then you use RTP not ours. Models, foliage will work normally.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  8. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks, and the snow or moss (my requirement) shaders will work across terrain and meshes/grass/trees?

9. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

This pack is:
    - group od HQ assets which will work with unity standard shaders and systems
    - group of shaders which will bring better quality and simplfy your workflow, if you want to use them.

Trees yes. They just use more advanced shaders.
    Meshes will work with any system. They just use more advanced shaders.
    Grass it depends we have 4 shaders for it:
    a) 2 unity terrain grass shader (it overwrite default grass shader and react only if snow amount is bigger then 0)
    b) 2 unature shaders
    c) 1 advanced grass shader with snow for custom solutions.
    If terrain composer have own grass shaders - this could be problematic.. If you can use unity grass shader it will work. If you can put grass with own shaders then this could be really good!

BackwoodsGaming and AndyNeoman like this.
  10. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks, i am trying to understand exactly what the packs is sorry for the confusion.

I have uNature for my grass solution, RTP for terrain shaders and Terrain Composer for creating/populating terrain.

What I really like about this pack and what I require is mass coverage of moss on everything (trees, Terrain, rocks etc.) I am just trying to figure out if this would work with what I have or it is a completely different pipeline - IE I need your terrain shaders instead of RTP, cant use terrain composer etc..

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You still could use rtp and terrain composer with our system:). This asset will work with every terrain shading and system. If you import our support assets (unity pack in Dynamic Nature pack) after upcomming uNature update you will get very advanced grass shader:)

Inspeinre and Knightmore like this.
  12. antoripa

antoripa

Excellent pack ... congrats

13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

antoripa likes this.
  14. Migueljb

Migueljb

When will the vegetation and trees have wind support? Been waiting to purchase this I just need the wind now and its perfect.

15. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

About month we hope. This is most important thing to do.

TeagansDad and antoripa like this.
  16. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Few screens from upcomming update -> tommorow.

Ice shader features:
    - very fast and suitable for mobile it use shader model 2.0
    - it behave like water you could setup water depth
    - ice depth slider
    - noise which kills tilling
    - is affected by environment
    - environment reflections
    - shelf and falloff color
    - co-work with other models and unity terrain

Ice shader with snow demo scene:

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Our ice shader update is ready:

18. antoripa

antoripa

excellent ...

19. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

How the heck did I miss this thread?!? And thus miss the release?!? Any idea when you will be bumping the price up? Truck repairs have at through all my "extra" money this month.. Would love to get it added to my environment "toolbox" on the 1st though!

Love the changes with the ice. I remember you posting the earlier images in a beta group we are both in. After watching the video, the lines for the ice breaks in the video look a LOT more natural. VERY well done!!!

Keep up the AWESOME work!!

20. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Thanks for good word. Price will rise in few days also update will be in few days. Here is the list of changes:

Version 1.1.5 uploaded in 22.02.2017
    - Asset price increase by 5$

- Detailmaps for models
    - More shaders and their variants (done)
    - Ice shader
    - Sliders order etc (done)
    - More terrain shaders - without snow versions
    - Fixes for AO in uvFree shaders (done)
    - Ultra sharp textures in uvFree shaders (done)
    - Fixes in blending in uvFree shaders (done)
    - Small fixes for grass shaders (done)
    - Max angle and hardness controll for snow/cover shaders (done)
    - 68 Ice materials (544 with all variants of shader)(done)
    - 88 Ice textures(done)
    - ice demo scenes(done)
    - ice 8 shader variants(done)
    -Ice Shader features:(done)
    ........Ice depth
    ........Water depth
    ........Translucency
    ........Noise which kills tilling
    ........PBR
    ........Objects and terrain blending
    ........Most shaders even support shader model 2.0
    ........Mobile friendly

antoripa likes this.
  21. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol.. My heart sank when I read a few days.. But after reading on and seeing you were only increasing $5 plus all that you are adding.... WOW!!! You've been talking to Cobus of 3DForge too much. A lot of great value for only $5 more! Count on it being bought and added to my collection on the 1st!!

Keep up the awesome work!!
    Shawn

antoripa likes this.
  22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Version 1.1.5 Is available now! Just take a look, so many improvments!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  23. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I'm going to have to download when I'm on fast internet somewhere. My crappy 2mbps connection is chocking on the almost 4gb.. lol Any chance I could get you to bundle a small version without all the models. I'm basically wanting to work with the shaders and stuff to apply to some of my existing models that I'll be using in the scene along with the new models. The scene I'll be working on will be a wintery arctic type scene so I'm most interested in being able to apply the shader that will allow me to apply snow to the 3DForge structures. So if I could get a package that had shaders, docs, scripts, and just the textures for the snow shader to apply to buildings/fences/etc, that should be sufficient. I'm already using your Winter Ground Pack for ground textures in the scene. I can use those until I'm able to download the full pack.

If this is possible, I'll drop you a PM with my order number. Hopefully I'll get a chance while in the city this weekend to suck up some fast internet bandwidth to download the full pack... lol

Can't wait to play! This looks awesome!!! You didn't by chance include GeNa or Gaia setups for tree/grass/rock clusters and such did ya? heheh

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Gaia stamps are always welcome:D but Adam must include them for graveyard first:D:D:D... Hmmm... Yeah I can send you such version. You have my skype:D?

antoripa and AdamGoodrich like this.
  25. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Actually, I shut off all access to my router except for this computer and let it chug through.. After 5 hours downloading, I got it. Meant to come here and post but forgot.. heheh

26. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

has anyone some screenshot from terrain ?

27. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

What exactly do you need?

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Video is with our terrain shader:

29. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

*confused* Screenshots have been posted in the very first post with additional ones in other posts.

Screenshots are really no different than videos. Just like videos, screenshots you see are no guarantee that you will get the same results. That is true of any asset. The asset developer can't guarantee your skill level. For examples, I would have problems duplicating the posted screenshots here because I'm half (if even that much) the level designer as @NatureManufacture. Other things to consider are settings, which there is no magic catch all settings that works for everyone. You have to be able to work with settings that work for the specific game you are developing and platform(s) you are building for.

With that said, if I can get some time that I'm feeling good enough to work with it.. I'm hoping to work some with the pack this week. If I am actually able to get some dev time in, I'll post some screens from my environment. No promises though. Been fighting a lot of extreme fatigue over the past several months and having a hard time getting dev time in. But if I can get some done, I'll post them.. :)

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Videos often look worse then real feeling, Ofc in my opinion, or my videos hehe.

31. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

I have asked for screenshots of others who have already produced something with the asset and not more. I have not said anything bad about "Dynamic Nature" or done just a normal question because I'm very interested in it and do not want to make a mistake.

And whether you believe it or not there are huge differences between many assets for example M4K to name only one.

32. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

My bad.. It wasn't clear you were asking users for screenies. Totally get what you are saying about M4K and if you aren't using the shaders in Dynamic Nature, you could probably face similar issues with not seeing similar results as his screens. Although I'm not sure why you wouldn't use his shaders since that is a major part of this pack (or at least for me it was)..

At any rate, still hoping to get some Unity time in during the next couple of days and hopefully will have some screens to share... :)

Twoonebe likes this.
  33. Migueljb

Migueljb

Hi NatureManufacture,

Is there a way to trigger the system based on a trigger system and time based. Right now once all is setup in the Snow manager you can slide back and forth to see snow and no snow but you really can't be ingame and trigger this with the player. How with the FPScontroller can I walk into an area hit a trigger and it slowly brings in the snow based on how long I want it to take to get to 1.0 all the way thru or just how much snow I want to show. Or even backwards start with snow and work your way all the way back down to 0 on the slider to full green nature again. It's great to see it as I slide the slider around but need some type of gameplay so your interacting with it as the player ingame. This would be great to have with this system. Thanks.

-Miguel

34. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Sry my bad also, my english is not the best sry....

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  35. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi!
    So you want script to trigger snow? We have example script with slider for test and because most user will simply code something which will be based on our prototype. Hmmm yeah we could create something simple and fast for you like trigger based on collider. Could you send us features in points?

36. Migueljb

Migueljb

Sorry im an artist not a programmer always need a programmer to help me with stuff like this. So just a trigger for the Snow Manager. So your walking on a path with the FPSController. You hit a trigger so On Enter it triggers the snow manager based on time to slowly start bringing in the snow on all models and unity terrain. On trigger Exit it makes the snow slowly fade away based on time again. Guess the time based would be in seconds that way you can just say in 30 seconds or a minute the snow fades away and comes back in that time frame.

37. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

NP I will send you it tommorow - add dropbox link in this forum thread.

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Snow Trigger script
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9250159/SnowTrigger.cs

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  39. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Great Job Bart! very beautiful set you've created here =)

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

41. gecko

gecko

Does the snow accumulate, or is it simply that you can adjust the presence of snow easily at runtime?

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Each material have:
    - specification which mean how snow will accumulate
    - amount of snow (0-2) value which means how much snow you have.

So you could setup this as constant value or dynamically change even at runtime like in video.

43. gecko

gecko

I'm trying to use your ice shaders from Ice World in a scene, with a frozen lake, and frozen ice-rocks on top of the lake surface, all using the same shader. However, I've got problems with the render queue and depth sorting -- the ice-rocks sometimes render in front of, and sometimes behind, the lake surface. I tried changing the render queue (changing the lake to 2999), and that helps, but there's still some weird parallax-type effect when I move the camera around. Is there a way to get multiple objects to render properly with the same shader?

44. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Basically for lake- you should use lake shader, for models - our ice model shader. Shader works like water transparent shader. Each transparent shader in unity have problem with visibility if you will put transparent object to cross transparent object , thats why we've add model shader to cross ice by ice;)

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Small preview from height blend function at terrain shader which is in progress with cooperation with GAIA creator - Adam Goodrich:

antoripa and Hikiko66 like this.
  46. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I like the terrain blending.
    Does this also work with megaspalt?

47. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No, this is defferent terrain and model shader.

48. Dwight_Everhart

Dwight_Everhart

This looks fantastic! Do the snow and moss effects work on SpeedTrees?

49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We cannot sell their upgraded shaders;/ anyway I wil try to talk with them about this.

50. Dwight_Everhart

Dwight_Everhart

@NatureManufacture Thanks. So the snow and moss don't currently appear on SpeedTrees? I assume I can't just change the shaders on the SpeedTrees to your shaders? I don't know a lot about shaders.