Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

World Building [RELEASED] Dungeon Architect

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by AliAkbar, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Duffer123

Duffer123

I bought Dungeon Architect a LONGGGG time ago on Unity. How do I get to the Discord link?

2. Daahrien

Daahrien

There is no link in the store page nor here. I think there is no discord server for this.

Duffer123 likes this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

What happens when you search for Code Respawn? That's the publisher. I'm a member of the Discord for Code Respawn / Dungeon Architect.

Duffer123 likes this.
  4. Duffer123

Duffer123

I'll give that a try.

5. TheRockGame

TheRockGame

I have dungeon architect 1.4.0 and it causes small memory leak after player dies and reloads the same scene with DA. Game crashes after 18 reloads, because out of memory.

6. Binary42

Binary42

"[Discord] Invite link available after purchase" - try the links in the Launchpad and in the generators inspector.

7. Disastorm

Disastorm

I have some questions just trying to understand how it works. ( I don't have this asset yet so just trying to figure out how it works based on the videos and docs ).

I see there are different modes such as autogenerating rooms or using room prefabs. Are there any modes that combine both where it can autogenerate rooms but also have premade rooms like boss rooms or something like that?

Or alternately procedurally generate room content inside the room prefabs, would that be done with the marker system or something like that? Or I guess the Spawn Items thing works in the prefab room systems? So you could still spawn furniture, torches, or whatever to populate the prefabs ?

Basically what is a typical way someone would have specific rooms such as a Boss Room, or lets say some kind of other event room, but then also have procedurally generated rooms and hallways?

8. dmenefee

dmenefee

(Question asked in discord)
    Hi anyone. I'm using the Snap Grid Flow builder. Is there a way for a spawn listener class to discover the module containing the placeable marker for a newly instantiated theme asset at build time? I want my game to progressively activate spawned game objects as the player moves through the 'dungeon' (aka racecourse); this wouldn't be done with culling, as there are no 'walls' blocking visibility. It's actually a special effect of the racecourse.

Anyway, if I can add newly spawned gameobjects to a list maintained by my custom component attached to the module, I can use a trigger collider on that module to detect the presence of the player and activate the spawned objects.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  9. JFR

JFR

Detecting mouse click on grids with listener function getting grid coordinates. Possible? From checking out the documentation, I gather that the answer is no, but just checking. Or could this asset be used in conjunction with Terrain Grid System? Doing some research prior to building a D&D dungeon grid turn based game where I will basically be coding everything lol (aren't we all) :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  10. Judas40373

Judas40373

Does anyone knows how to generate wall or park in circular city sample scene?
    And I need to generate buildings with different size, too.

11. aggaton

aggaton

Hi @AliAkbar, I purchased this asset from the store and am impressed so far. Very nicely done. I do however have a question. I seem to be struggling finding an environment kit to use with it. Most of the kits seem to have some weird prefab configurations, like they have floor and wall together or sections where wall, ceilings and floor are combined etc (yeah, I am lazy/not really a very good modeler). Do you have a list of kits somewhere that work well together with dungeon architect, i.e. where floor, wall and ceilings etc. are separated. I am mostly interested in non low-poly, non topdown scifi/cyber settings.

12. Arcan-Studios

Arcan-Studios

hi @AliAkbar , i tried to ask for support before in discord chanel but i have no response.
    I also send an email i write here too

i need runtime navigation with prefabricated rooms and corridors, so i tried
    snap flow, but it look like runtime navigation only work with themed based dungeon so my question .
    its posible to do runtime navigation with snap grid flow builder in unity?

i bought two version unity and unreal if needed i can send invoices

thanks

13. Jameso

Jameso

I am having the same issue and didn't find a solution in all the thread. @AliAkbar Any idea on how to handle this?

Edit: I am able to add to the script based emitters to the Markers list, but how can I do it with the ones defined on the theme?

Thank you

14. RPGia

RPGia

15. FlyTrollStudio

FlyTrollStudio

How I can find door in room and rotate object with TransformRule ?
    And how duplicate object in Spatial Constrains window?
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  16. mgear

mgear

17. Alexsandro-Natsume

Alexsandro-Natsume

i think they abandoned the unity version ...

18. blacksun666

blacksun666

that looks like you have the wrong material type forthe shader model you are using try reverting to standard before you import.