Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Dungeon Architect

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by AliAkbar, Aug 9, 2015.

1. dlevel

dlevel

@AliAkbar there is a bug when using mesh merger, scale of graph objects don't taken in consideration. Also is there a way to have some objects not get merged? So we can have some objects disappear after events etc.Unity 2018.3.1, latest DA

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:58 PM
  2. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

@AliAkbar
    I have DA running on 2018.3 ok, but I have created a new project on same Unity Version 2018.3 and the new project runs ok also (It builds the Dungeon on the Dungeon script) BUT I can't open the DA window editor. It's empty and I get this infinite loop error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DungeonArchitect.Editors.GraphNodeRenderer.DrawNodeTexture (DungeonArchitect.Editors.GraphRendererContext rendererContext, DungeonArchitect.Graphs.GraphNode node, DungeonArchitect.Graphs.GraphCamera camera, System.String textureName) (at Assets/DungeonArchitect/Editor/GraphEditor/Renderers/GraphNodeRenderer.cs:78)
    DungeonArchitect.Editors.MarkerNodeRenderer.Draw (DungeonArchitect.Editors.GraphRendererContext rendererContext, DungeonArchitect.Graphs.GraphNode node, DungeonArchitect.Graphs.GraphCamera camera) (at Assets/DungeonArchitect/Editor/ThemeEditor/NodeEditors/MarkerNodeEditor.cs:44)
    DungeonArchitect.Editors.GraphEditor.Draw (UnityEngine.Rect bounds) (at Assets/DungeonArchitect/Editor/GraphEditor/GraphEditor.cs:748)
    DungeonArchitect.Editors.DungeonThemeEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/DungeonArchitect/Editor/ThemeEditor/DungeonThemeEditorWindow.cs:220)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:363)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:322)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter.DrawImmediate (System.Action callback) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement.Repaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:845)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect textureClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:3

3. AliAkbar

AliAkbar

Completely redesigned the way rooms connect to corridors. It produces a higher quality result and can handle different constraints. We can now have thick walls that take up a full tile (in addition to the previously supported thin walls that take up the edge). This requires a completely different layout connection strategy (since the doors cannot be placed on the corners of the room due to thick wall tiles) and the new system handles it well (notice the placement of the green doors)

This is also required for proper 2D level generation as wall sprites take up a tile. I'm working on a 2D game to ship with the next update

This system can also be extended to have doors more than one tile wide in the future

You can switch between the two from the configuration (your theme has to accommodate for this of course)

4. AliAkbar

AliAkbar

5. arturmandas

arturmandas

@AliAkbar that's great news! I have DA 1.4.0 on my project (U552) and do not wish to totally upgrade DA (since I have much of custom code extending DA). Could you tell me whether it is possible to make this mesh merger work with 1.4 (if so, where to look in code?)