Search Unity

[Released] Distingo - Terrain in Detail

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NemoKrad, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

I'm getting a pink texture in unity 2017.2 after fixing a CrossPlatformInitialize error.

Shader error in 'Nature/Terrain/Distingo Standard': maximum ps_4_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at Assets/Distingo/Shaders/Unity Terrain/PBR Standard/Occlusion/DistingoTerrainSplatmapCommon.cginc(51) (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SCREEN DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON _TERRAIN_NORMAL_MAP
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME

2. oliran

oliran

I get the same error on 2017.2 =(

Any fix or workaround?

UPDATE: one workaround is to select one of the "Unity Terrain Blend" shaders instead of the Occlusion shaders.

UPDATE 2: very strange.. work around made a valid build once, and now it's failing again... ???

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Quique-Martinez likes this.
  3. IIporpammep

IIporpammep

4. littlemugo

littlemugo

Near and Far UV Multiplier on Texture Channels are not working in Unity 2017.2. Anyone have a work around or quick fix while dev is away?

5. micuccio

micuccio

Good Morning, I do have the same issue concerning the shader compiling. Are there any progresses?

6. NemoKrad

NemoKrad

Hi all,

So, I have been out of the loop for quite a while, as mentioned before I have not had a great time, and well it got worse, an old friend of my was murdered back in October 2017, the trial is over now, and his attacker was appropriately sentenced, then earlier this year I was put at risk of redundancy in my day job, so life has been in a bit of turmoil.

Good news is that it looks like all this is starting to fall behind me now, I start a new job in July which is actually working with Unity (the engine not the company) creating VR/AR and Mixed reality applications, super excited about that.

As you can probably tell from how quiet I have been, I have not looked at any of my assets in a long time, Unity has moved on in leaps and bounds in the mean time.

With this in mind I think I am going to cap my assets where they are now, so, while Ill still support what's out there under earlier versions of Unity (up to 5.4 is probably a safe bet) I am hoping to focus on new assets now. Either that, or pull them all and re vamp them for Unity 2017 and on wards (those who own them now should just get upgraded if I do that).

Using Unity 2017, I think I am going to try and find the time to build Distingo Ultra as it's own asset, no promises as I dare say my spare time is going to be eaten by my new day job and me settling in, in the short to mid term. I like the look of the new Shader Graph too, so hoping I can create something useful for you guys with that as well.

I guess I just wanted to let you know I was still about and planing on still creating assets for the asset store, sorry I have been away for so long, but as you can imagine, it's not been a great time for me :/

Onward and upward,

Charles.

JBT27, Goodgulf, John-G and 6 others like this.
  7. antoripa

antoripa

Hey Charles ..
    nice to see you again

Antonio

NemoKrad likes this.
  8. stoney88

stoney88

Hello, I just recently purchased your Distingo shader and I've noticed some strange blending in the Tri-planar mode. It would appear that one plane is being projected perpendicular to the rest. This is most noticeable when using something like a stratified sandstone texture like I am using now. I'm also getting an error. My Unity version is 2018.1.1f1

Attached image that shows both issues.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble, hope things get better

9. Teila

Teila

So sorry, Charles! I am sure it has been a difficult time for you. I hope things get better. Glad you are back!

10. topofsteel

topofsteel

ETA on an update? I'm getting all white terrains after commenting out the CrossPlatform... file errors. Thanks.

11. dl290485

dl290485

Oh man. I came on here hoping to get help with compiler errors relating to shaders, but I see no activity here at all since last year.... and some of the last posts sound like the issues I am having.

So... any chance for a way to fix the error: " Shader error in 'Nature/Terrain/Distingo Mesh Terrain Splat Spectacular' : maximum ps_4_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at Standard/Pcclusion/DistingoMeshTerrainSplatmapCommon.cginc(41) (ond3d11)

I'm using Unity 2017.3.0f3

I haven't upgraded because I'm worried that will cause issues I can't deal with on my current old ongoing projects.