Search Unity

[RELEASED] Dialogue System for Unity - easy conversations, quests, and more!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TonyLi, Oct 12, 2013.

1. goutham12

goutham12

Hi there,
    I can't able add click animation to the continue button in dilogue menu. I am attaching button component snap shot to let you know what am trying to do. I want add sprite swap animation on continue button press. i changed the transition type in button component to sprite swap but it is not working..... may i knwo what is the reason.

Attached Files:

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

@goutham12 - Try creating a similar button outside of the Dialogue System entirely. It doesn't look like a Dialogue System issue. It just looks like an issue with the way you're setting up the UI Button. The button's OnClick() event doesn't have to do anything. Just make sure the sprite swaps work.

3. goutham12

goutham12

I tried the same...... steps i did
    1. created a button in dialogue menu.
    2. added sprite swap animation to it.
    3. check animation on click with out adding the stander ui continue button Fast farword script(works as expected)
    4. now added the script and event to the button.
    5. When i check this time it is the animation is not playing
    any solution?

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

What script are you talking about?

5. goutham12

goutham12

Continue button has a script called "stander ui continue button fast farword"

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

That script won't affect how the button appears. Hook up the button's OnClick() event to the script's OnFastForward() method.

Does your button also have a UI Button Key Trigger component? If so, then prior to version 2.2.6 when you pressed the UI Button Key Trigger's hotkey, it would immediately click the button. In version 2.2.6+, it visually shows the button in the pressed state for a short time. If this appears to be the issue you're seeing, and you want to see the press state, please update to version 2.2.6.

7. TonyLi

TonyLi

Updated Integrations Available - i2 Localization, Rog, TopDown Engine

The Dialogue System Extras page has updated integrations for:
    • i2 Localization
    • Rog
    • TopDown Engine

Reminder: The Spring Sale ends tomorrow, April 29, at midnight Pacific time. The Dialogue System is 50% off during the sale.

8. KHagen95

KHagen95

Hey !
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think I found a bug in your system.

Whenever we call DialogueManager.Pause(), the timescale is being set to 1, instead of 0. I traced this down to the file GameTime.cs, where it simply looks like you accidentally swapped the value assigned to Time.timeScale:

Code (CSharp):
    1.                 switch (mode)
    2.                 {
    3.                     default:
    4.                     case GameTimeMode.UnityStandard:
    5.                         // bug - timeScale is set to 1 when we pause and 0 when we unpause
    6.                         Time.timeScale = value ? 1 : 0;
    7.                         break;
    8.                     case GameTimeMode.Realtime:
    9.                         break;
    10.                     case GameTimeMode.Manual:
    11.                         s_manualPaused = value;
    12.                         break;
    13.                 }
    I added an annotation where the bug is. The above code can be found in the setter of isPaused in GameTime.cs, line 123 :)

We use the Dialogue System asset for a while now and didn't have any problems with this before, but a recent update seems to have introduced this. I am not sure what exactly has changed in your system, but this specific file seems to be the same throughout our project.

Edit: I've traced it down a bit further:

We updated from version 2.2.4 to version 2.2.6 and the breaking change was introduced in the DialogueTime.cs script where you added the call to GameTime.isPaused:

Code (CSharp):
    2.         public static bool isPaused
    3.         {
    4.             get
    5.             {
    6.                 switch (mode)
    7.                 {
    8.                     default:
    9.                     case TimeMode.Realtime:
    10.                     case TimeMode.Custom:
    11.                         return m_isPaused;
    12.                     case TimeMode.Gameplay:
    13.                         return Tools.ApproximatelyZero(Time.timeScale);
    14.                 }
    15.             }
    16.             set
    17.             {
    18.                 switch (mode)
    19.                 {
    20.                     case TimeMode.Realtime:
    21.                         if (!m_isPaused && value)
    22.                         {
    23.                             // Pausing, so record realtime at time of pause:
    24.                             s_realtimeWhenPaused = Time.realtimeSinceStartup;
    25.                         }
    26.                         else if (m_isPaused && !value)
    27.                         {
    28.                             // Unpausing, so add to totalRealtimePaused:
    29.                             s_totalRealtimePaused += Time.realtimeSinceStartup - s_realtimeWhenPaused;
    30.                         }
    31.                         break;
    32.                     case TimeMode.Gameplay:
    33.                         Time.timeScale = m_isPaused ? 0 : 1;
    34.                         break;
    35.                     case TimeMode.Custom:
    36.                         break;
    37.                 }
    38.                 m_isPaused = value;
    39.                 // breaking change
    40.                 GameTime.isPaused = value;
    41.             }
    42.         }

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    TonyLi likes this.
  9. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @KHagen95 - Thanks! That is indeed a bug. Here's the patch, which simply swaps 0 and 1 in GameTime. This fix is also available on the Dialogue System Extras page and is also already in the upcoming version 2.2.7.

Attached Files:

KHagen95 likes this.
  10. KHagen95

KHagen95

Thank you!
    We just went with removing this line of code, because we take care of the TimeScale on our own anyways :) I was just wondering, why our game didn't pause anymore, when pausing :)

Good to know you've already adressed it though!

11. TonyLi

TonyLi

Spring Sale Ends TODAY - Dialogue System 50% Off

The Asset Store's Spring Sale ends tonight at midnight Pacific time.

Get the Dialogue System for 50% off before the sale ends. You've seen the Dialogue System in Disco Elysium, Crossing Souls, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Last Door, Framing Dawes, City of the Shroud, and many, many other games, and before midnight today you can get it for your game for 50% off.

upload_2020-4-29_8-48-17.png

12. nichjaim

nichjaim

I used the basic standard UI template as a basis and got it all working but then I decided to change the standard unity text components to textmesh pro components and now the typewriter effect doesn't seem to be working anymore, is there something I'm not accounting for?

13. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @nichjaim - Replace the UnityUITypewriterEffect component with a TextMeshProTypewriterEffect component.

nichjaim likes this.
  14. Majerinodino

Majerinodino

Hey, again! Is there a way to change the conversation with a script? I want conversations to change when "days" change so is there a way in C# script to change the conversation set to a character? Thanks much!

15. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @Majerinodino - Sure! Here are a few different ways:

1. You can change the Dialogue System Trigger's conversation property:
    Code (csharp):
    1. GetComponent<DialogueSystemTrigger>().conversation = "Questioning Day Two";
    2. Or you can add two Dialogue System Triggers and set the Conditions section to check the current day. (Use a Dialogue System variable to record the current day.) If it's day one, the first Dialogue System Trigger's Conditions will be true, so it will start Questioning Day One. If it's day two, the second Conditions will be true, so it will start Questioning Day Two.

3. Or you can always start the same conversation, but branch to different conversations based on the current day (again stored in a DS variable).

I prefer #2 and #3 because the DS variable is recorded in saved games.

Majerinodino likes this.
  16. Majerinodino

Majerinodino

Thank you so much @TonyLi! Just two more question if you have the time.

1) If I have several NPC responses that have conditions and none of these conditions are met, is there a way to make a fallback option that will be selected in the case of no conditions being met?

2) I feel like I read it somewhere but is there a way to get a usable log of conversations had? For instance, if I want to have a journal log that shows the player a recap of a conversation that has been had, is there a way to get that conversation in a string format or something similar?

17. TonyLi

TonyLi

Sure! Just add the fallback option as the last link. You can reorder links by inspecting the originating node and using the up/down buttons in the Links To: section at the bottom of the inspector. Or set the link's priority to a lower value.

Take a look at the ConversationLogger.cs script. It logs to the Console, but it's easy to switch it to log elsewhere, such as a journal that the player can review later.

18. namdo

namdo

Hi,

So im trying to use this system with Adventure Creator. Is it possible to read global variables from Adventure Creator and use that to determine what dialogue gets played?

If not adventure creator can you read variables from playmaker for the same purpose as above?

19. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @namdo - Yes. At the start of the conversation, the values of all Adventure Creator global variables are copied over to Dialogue System variables, creating new Dialogue System variables for any that don't already exist. At the end of the conversation, those variables' values are copied back from DS to AC. So you can use Conditions on dialogue entry nodes as usual, such as in the Conversation Conditions tutorial.
    More info: Adventure Creator integration

Yes also. To read Dialogue System variables in a PlayMaker FSM, use the actions in the Dialogue System's PlayMaker integration. To read PlayMaker FSM variables in a Dialogue System conversation, use the GetFsmXXX() Lua functions.
    More info: PlayMaker integration

20. namdo

namdo

How would I know Dialogue System has copied AC's variable's? I Can't see it in the variables menu.

21. TonyLi

TonyLi

At runtime, in the Dialogue Editor go to the Watches tab while a conversation is playing. Select Menu > Add All Runtime Variables.

In the next update, I'll add an editor button to copy AC's global variables to a dialogue database to make it easier to select them in the Conditions and Script "..." dropdown menus. Currently there's an editor button in the other direction, that will replicate all dialogue database variables into AC's global variables list.

22. namdo

namdo

I tried that and I can't see any of the variables at all. All i see is Alert. I even tried that in the AC Dialogue System example and I can't see any of the variables.

23. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi - Sorry, I should've mentioned that you should first select Menu > Refresh Runtime Variable List in the Watches tab first. This tells the Watches tab to identify any new variables that weren't already in the database when the Dialogue Manager started.

Here's an example:

1. In AC, the example has 3 local variables, and I just added 1 global variable named "MyGlobalVariable":

upload_2020-5-3_14-27-9.png

2. After starting a conversation, in the Dialogue Editor's Watches tab I selected Menu > Refresh Runtime Variable List and then Menu > Add All Runtime Variables.It shows the global variable and the locals:

upload_2020-5-3_14-30-30.png

24. TonyLi

TonyLi

Updated Integrations for Behavior Designer, i2 Localization, Rog, TopDown Engine

The Dialogue System Extras page has updated integrations for Behavior Designer, i2 Localization, Rog, and TopDown Engine. These updates integration packages will also be in the next version release.

The Behavior Designer integration adds some new Lua functions and sequencer command options described here.

25. goutham12

goutham12

Dialogue is not triggering when i switch to UNIVERSAL WINDOWS Platform.
    I have huge no of conversations those will play when you gets trigger npc characters. all is working fine for the platforms Android, IOS and .exe as well. but when i switch to the UNIVERSAL WINDOWS platform it's not doing anything. even it is not showing the error also.

26. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @goutham12 - Is your game in 2D or 3D? If your game is 2D, make sure the Scripting Define Symbol USE_PHYSICS2D is defined in your UWP build settings. (If you added the UWP module to Unity after enabling 2D Physics in the Dialogue System, then the Dialogue System will not have automatically added the symbol to the build settings for UWP.)

How are conversations triggered? Is the problem that you cannot select NPCs? Or, once you select NPCs, can you not start a conversation with them?

What UWP device are you deploying to?

If you play your UWP project in Visual Studio on your Windows PC, does it work correctly?

27. goutham12

goutham12

It works!!!! great..... Thank you very much, not only for this answer i have been building a simulation with your plugin from past 5 months. The support you gave me from the start is much apprisiable. You made my developement much easier and faster, Thank you.

TonyLi likes this.
  28. TonyLi

TonyLi

Happy to help! Good luck with your simulation. Please feel free to post some screenshots or a trailer video here when it's done.

29. TonyLi

TonyLi

Black Book Available to Back on Kickstarter

Check out Black Book, a dark RPG based on Slavic mythology being made by Morteshka with the Dialogue System for Unity. You can back it now on Kickstarter.

30. TonyLi

TonyLi

Adventure Creator Integration Updated

The Dialogue System Extras page has an updated integration for Adventure Creator 1.71.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  31. MrZeker

MrZeker

Hello, i may have missed it, but is there any way to make when the dialogue end to run a public void in another gameobject ?
    I essentially want to change escene as soon as the conversation ends.

32. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @MrZeker - Yes. You can add a Dialogue System Trigger to one of the conversation participants and set it to OnConversationEnd:

upload_2020-5-8_20-21-49.png

Or add a Dialogue System Events component:

upload_2020-5-8_20-22-54.png

Or add a script with an OnConversationEnd method.

In all 3 cases, the OnConversationEnd event will only sent to the Dialogue Manager GameObject and the conversation's two primary participants. (See Character GameObject Assignments for more details.)

MrZeker likes this.
  33. Gatskop_Software

Gatskop_Software

Error on Adventure Creator Unity 2019.3 Assets\Pixel Crushers\Dialogue System\Third Party Support\Adventure Creator Support\Scripts\RememberDialogueSystem.cs(15,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ISave' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

34. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi - Please see this post. The Dialogue System Extras page has an updated integration package.

35. MrZeker

MrZeker

Thanks!
    One last question, if i want to pass a int value in some responses. (like reputation +1 , or -1 after picking answer).
    How could i do it?

36. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi - Use the Script field. Example:

upload_2020-5-11_11-5-17.png

You can use the "..." dropdown menu so you don't have to type anything manually into the Script field. You can set a Dialogue System variable (as in the screenshot above), or a Dialogue System actor field, or you can register your own C# method with Lua and set a C# script variable that way.

37. mukki014

mukki014

How to Integrate it with game creator ? Thank you.

38. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi! While there isn't a dedicated Game Creator integration, the Dialogue System is designed to be easy to integrate with other assets. What do you want to do?

39. mukki014

mukki014

I just want dialogue system to be used by the player ( system of the game creator) for creating branching stories or narration and qte etc.

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

Sure, you can do that without any special integration steps. Just use the regular steps documented in the online manual. I recommend starting with the Quick Start, Conversation Conditions, and Interaction tutorials in the Tutorials section. (They have links to video versions, too.)

41. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you so much. It's helpful.

TonyLi likes this.
  42. TonyLi

TonyLi

Glad to help!

mukki014 likes this.
  43. DMRhodes

DMRhodes

Hey, I'm having a slight Playmaker integration issue. Could you give me a hint please? This is the script I am trying to run via a dialogue nodes script field. My dialogue manager has the Dialogue System Playmaker Lua component attached.

Code (CSharp):
    1. SetFsmInt("Mana", GetFsmInt("Mana") + 1));
    I am however getting this error

Code (CSharp):
    1. Dialogue System: Lua code 'SetFsmInt("Mana", GetFsmInt("Mana") + 1));' threw exception 'Code has syntax errors:
    2. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    3. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    4. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    5. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    6. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    7. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    8. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    9. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    10. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    11. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    12. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    13. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    14. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    15. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    16. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    17. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    18. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    19. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    20. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    21. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    22. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    23. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    24. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    25. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    26. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    27. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    28. Line 2, Col 1 : Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    29. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    30. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    31. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    32. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    33. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    34. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    35. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    36. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    37. Line 1, Col 16 's': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    38. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    39. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    40. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    41. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    42. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    43. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    44. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    45. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    46. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    47. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    48. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    49. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    50. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    51. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    52. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    53. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    54. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    55. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    56. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    57. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    58. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    59. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    60. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    61. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    62. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    63. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    64. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    65. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    66. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    67. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    68. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    69. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    70. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    71. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    72. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    73. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    74. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    75. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    76. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    77. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    78. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    79. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    80. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    81. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    82. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    83. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    84. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    85. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    86. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    87. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    88. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    89. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    90. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    91. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    92. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    93. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    94. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    95. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    96. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    97. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    98. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    99. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    100. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    101. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    102. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    103. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    104. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    105. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    106. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    107. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    108. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    109. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    110. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    111. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    112. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    113. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    114. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    115. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    116. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    117. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    118. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    119. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    120. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    121. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    122. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    123. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    124. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    125. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    126. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    127. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    128. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    129. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    130. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    131. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    132. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    133. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    134. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    135. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    136. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    137. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    138. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    139. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    140. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    141. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    142. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    143. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    144. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    145. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    146. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    147. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    148. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    149. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    150. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    151. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    152. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    153. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    154. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    155. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    156. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    157. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    158. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    159. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    160. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    161. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    162. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    163. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    164. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    165. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    166. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    167. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    168. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    169. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    170. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    171. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    172. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    173. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    174. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    175. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    176. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    177. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    178. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    179. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    180. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    181. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    182. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    183. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    184. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    185. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    186. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    187. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    188. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    189. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    190. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    191. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    192. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    193. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    194. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    195. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    196. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    197. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    198. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    199. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    200. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    201. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    202. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    203. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    204. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    205. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    206. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    207. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    208. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    209. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    210. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    211. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    212. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    213. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    214. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    215. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    216. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    217. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    218. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    219. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    220. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    221. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    222. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    223. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    224. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    225. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    226. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    227. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    228. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    229. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    230. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    231. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    232. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    233. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    234. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    235. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    236. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    237. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    238. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    239. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    240. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    241. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    242. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    243. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    244. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    245. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    246. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    247. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    248. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    249. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    250. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    251. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    252. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    253. Line 1, Col 32 'b': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    254. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    255. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    256. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    257. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    258. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    259. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    260. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    261. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    262. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    263. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    264. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    265. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    266. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    267. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    268. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    269. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    270. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    271. Line 1, Col 12 'O': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    272. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    273. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    274. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    275. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Text of BoolLiteral.
    276. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse '0'...'9' of Digit.
    277. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse (Digit)+ of FloatNumber.
    278. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VariableArg.
    279. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse firstTerm of OperatorExpr.
    280. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Expr of ExprStmt.
    281. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Letter of Name.
    282. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Name of VarName.
    283. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse 'nil' of NilLiteral.
    284. Line 1, Col 11 '"': Failed to parse Tex<message truncated>
    Any ideas?

44. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @Candy-Bomber - It looks like you have an extra parenthesis at the end. Try:

SetFsmInt("Mana", GetFsmInt("Mana") + 1);

45. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Hi Tony, How would I use the items in S-Inventory in a question. Example: Collect 5 items and return them once complete. This would keep track of the items in the HUD and then remove them once the quest is complete and remove items from inventory.

46. goutham12

goutham12

how can i incert images between subtittle text. assume i have text
    Hi[image], How are you?
    in the place of image text i need put an image.
    how can i do it?

47. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @SickaGamer - Refer to the S-Inventory integration section of the legacy version 1.x manual. (Note: That link points to the old manual. For anything else using Dialogue System 2.x, use the current manual.) Use the GetItemAmount() Lua function in a dialogue entry node's Conditions to check if the player has 5 of the items. Use the RemoveItem() Lua function in the node's Script to remove the items. Example:
    • Dialogue Text: "Thanks for bringing me 5 apples."
    • Conditions: GetItemAmount("Player", "Apple") >= 5
    • Script: RemoveItem("Player", "Apple", 5)

Hi @goutham12 - The easiest way is to use TextMesh Pro. (See TextMesh Pro Support.) Use a TextMesh Pro <sprite> tag. Example:
    • Dialogue Text: "Hi <sprite name="Smiley">, How are you?"

48. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Thanks Tony. Another question is how do I attach an image for a quest reward at the bottom of the window?

49. TonyLi

TonyLi

If you need custom placement, you can make a subclass of StandardUIQuestLogWindow and override the method that draws the quest details. Add your code to show an image.

If you just want to show an image, use a TextMesh Pro <sprite> tag as in my previous message. Add it to your quest text or quest entry text.

50. goutham12

goutham12

I enabled text mesh support and it is added in script difine symbols also. but still can't able to add textmesh pro text to the field subtittle text. here am attatching the two screen shots of script define symbols and subtittle panel inspector.

Attached Files: