Search Unity

Games [RELEASED]Defend or Die! - 2112TD Now Available on Android and iOS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Caatalyst, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

**** Updated for release!****

DEFEND OR DIE – 2112TD OUT NOW

PREPARE YOUR DEFENCES AND GET READY FOR THE ONSLAUGHT

Indie developer studio Refinery Productions today announced the release of their first IP 2112TD, a sci-fi tower defense game which is now available on Android & iOS.

Set 100 years in the future, players must battle inter-dimensional flesh spawn across the solar system and defend Earth's colonies from complete annihilation.

The pace is steady, but the stakes are high as the relentless hordes amass in an effort to overrun the player’s mobile command centre.

Unlike traditional games in the genre, the player will be relying heavily on micro-managing dynamic action-based abilities. As they progress deeper into the campaign airstrikes, charged attacks, fortification walls and the tactical drone will become increasingly vital and deploying them strategically will be paramount.

Mistakes won’t go unpunished so the player must stay frosty, learn from their blunders and endure to fight another day. Without pain there can be no gain!

Throughout development, Immersion has always been at the top of the team’s priority list. Every feature and mechanic was conceptualized with the intention of keeping the player fully engaged in the battlefield.

The audio and graphics have all been built from the ground up, handcrafted by the art team to capture the games aesthetic and setting. The artistic style of 2112TD will induce intense hits of nostalgia into the minds of veteran RTS players of the 90s and early 2000s.

2112TD contains no pay to win features. The base cost provides full access to all of the games contents with no in-app purchases or advertisements that break the player’s immersion.

Request a review copy – Android & iOS builds available.

Download the press Pack – High resolution artwork, screenshots and more.

KEY FACTS

DEVELOPER

Refinery productions

PUBLISHER

None

LAUNCH DATE

3rd June 2020

PRICE

$1.99 / €2.09 / £1.89

PLATFORM

Android, iOS

GAME OVERVIEW

BEAUTIFULLY ILLUSTRATED ENVIRONMENTS AND GRAPHICS

2112TD’s artistic style is founded on the nostalgia of the RTS golden era, paying homage to games like Command and Conquer and StarCraft.

A CAMPAIGN TO TEST YOUR SKILLS

The battlefield is an unforgiving landscape and every second counts. Beginners will find forgiveness on normal mode while veterans will be drawn to the brutal challenge of hard. When you’re ready it’s time to put your skills to the test in survival. How long can you hold back the hordes?

BURN, BLAST AND OBLITERATE

Deploy the machine gun, flame thrower, artillery and plasma turrets to destroy your foes. Upgrade your towers to their experimental stages packing serious firepower and charged attacks.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

When the situation gets too hairy you’ll be relying on air support. The airstrike and tactical drone deliver the big BOOM as well as defensive abilities.

RESEARCH TO VICTORY

Earth’s egg heads are working tirelessly to gain the upper hand against the new enemy. Unlock new abilities and weapons as you progress.

DISCOVER AND DOMINATE

They call it the soldier’s dictionary. The tactical database gathers data on the battlefield about your arsenal and enemies alike. Be sure to check it often as it will be critical to your triumph against the hordes.

FROM THE DEVELOPERS…

Developed under the Refinery Productions umbrella, the team has had no external financial investment and is not affiliated with a publisher.

2112TD is a true indie title at its core, built during the free time of the developers. From the very beginning our team has been driven to create a truly awesome tower defence title, combining all of the classic ingredients that make the genre timeless and the game play everlasting.

We’d love to hear from you so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any feedback or questions regarding the press release or game - james@refineryproductions.com

LINKS

2112TD on App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/2112td-tower-defence-survival/id1514617649?ls=1

2112TD on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.refineryproductions_2112td

2112TD Press Kit: Dropbox Link

2112TD Official Website: https://2112td.refineryproductions.com/

2112TD on IndieDB: https://www.indiedb.com/games/2112td

2112TD on Twitter: https://twitter.com/2112td?lang=en

2112TD on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2112TD/

Refinery Website: https://refineryproductions.com/

2112TD BOOTCAMP

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

3. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

4. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

We've got some new eye candy!

The Thinker model finished!

And the Goliath is on its way!

5. Azami1986

Azami1986

It looks nice. Please add more ingame scenes. This project got my interest.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Pretty interesting looking model.
    What is the fin type thing below the head of the thinker? Teeth?
    If so - they are slightly flat looking - looks more like a fin on a fish instead of teeth.
    Will probably look fine in game - because they won't be seen this close - but since you are showing them this close - thought I'd comment on how it looks in the posted image.
    Rest of the model looks good, nice subtle color variations - purple/green, and normal/spec look good.

7. Venryx

Venryx

Nice trailer!

What amazes me most is that you guys managed to get 8 (or actually 9 I guess, as shown here) people on your team without (at least not much) financial backing. How on earth did you manage to do that?

You mention that it's a project that's enjoyable for you guys to work on, which I definitely understand, but that's still a mean feat--how did each of you even come to know about the project?

RavenOfCode likes this.
  8. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Thanks very much for the kind words Venryx! You know it means a lot to get this kind of response. I don't think a lot of people appreciate the determination and dedication required in order to see a project like this through. You know we've had a lot of ups and downs and quite a few team members drop in and out. Fortunately, we are now in an excellent position with a fantastic developer and creative team working on getting the game finished. It's been a long journey, a lot has been learned and to be honest I've loved every minute of it. I said form the beginning that this game will get made and we will make it the best it can be! :)

9. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

More eye candy will be coming soon! Thanks for reaching out

10. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

It is indeed a fin! This monster is telepathic and doesn't have mouth that we are all familiar with! Visually we went for something fetus like... a big floating baby... a real nasty floating baby.;)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  11. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

More eye candy! The biggest and nastiest monster to appear in 2112TD is modelled!

12. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

New map finished. Gets tough here!

13. Azami1986

Azami1986

It looks fantastic! How did you create the map? Drawing the images or created with 3d models?

Caatalyst likes this.
  14. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Thank you for the kind words Azami and sorry for the late response. The terrain is illustrated and edited in photoshop. Placeholders for the buildings are replaced with 3D models and then everything is blended together.

Azami1986 likes this.
  15. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Happy new year everybody! Here's some stinky hell slime to enjoy!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  16. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

The final standoff between humanity and the hell spawn will take place on a rogue asteroid pulled out of orbit by the massive orbiting alien structure. How long can you hold them off..?

17. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

A very exciting week for our team - 2112TD is now available on Android and iOS!:)

18. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

19. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

20. munchou

munchou

Awesome! I wish it was more common...

The reviews are very good, the game looks great!
    I'd like to buy it, but how does it work when one buys a game on the Google Play Store?
    Can I download the apk to physically save it? Or is it again the all-online curse, and the day the Google services are shut down (yes, it happens, see Google+) I'll lose it forever? (then it would be renting, not buying)
    I just tried to buy it, but it only shows it'd work on my S9, which means I can't try it on my tablet (Android 9). And playing a tower defense on a screen's phone...

21. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Hi Munchou!

Thank you for the kind words!

Sorry to hear your tablet is not supported! If it has under 2GB / less than open gl 3 then it is likely unsupported. Most mid-range devices that have come out in the last 2-3 years should be supported.

The game plays great on your phone as well! That's where I did the bulk of my testing :) There's a zoom function as well in case you want to see the action up close.

Good luck with the campaign and let me know how you get on! It's great hearing how players progress and seeing screenshots of their tower configurations.

22. munchou

munchou

Hi!
    I beat the game today (in normal mode), some levels are super hard!
    I wish you had made a skills-tree instead of a unique upgrade in each category. That's unusual and limit the pleasure in annihilating the invaders.

By the way, there is something missing in the Neptune Prison description, you wrote 4495km from the Sun. Looks a bit too close to a star, if you ask me. I can't imagine the speed of the planet to keep revolving and not get pulled and disappear.

I'm sure my tablet is supported, I'll try to find a way to run the game, got to make sure.

The drone is a great idea and a life saver!
    Pretty sure I won thanks to the special abilities and not the weapons themselves.

Overall very good game, I look forward to any update (if planned).

Caatalyst likes this.
  23. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Congratulations Munchou on completing the campaign and thank you for the kind words.

The most requested area of expansion so far has been the upgrade system - It is on our radar and I'll leave it at that for now :)

Also thank you for highlighting the information regarding Neptune - I will investigate.

24. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

We've just released a small update that contains balancing changes that impact the Asteroid Mining Facilities and the Earth Defence Platform. Those maps should be a bit more forgiving on normal mode.

We've also started our boot camp series helping new players.

25. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

We've just released another boot camp video for the Earth Defence Platform

26. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Looks great, just grabbed a copy.

Caatalyst likes this.
  27. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Thanks Jonny!

Let us know how you get on with the campaign:)

28. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

The Saturn UEDI boot camp video walkthrough is up!

29. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

A little teaser from our upcoming research system overhaul and expansion update.

30. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

We are excited to announce the release of our FREE major content update for 2112TD!

UPDATE CONTENTS SUMMARY

• RESEARCH SYSTEM OVERHAUL AND EXPANSION
      Built from the ground up, the new research system includes tons of new upgrades to unlock for air units, turrets and the command centre

• COMMANDER EXPERIENCE LEVEL CAP INCREASED FROM 15 TO 50
      Tech points are now awarded up to level 30 and 50 is the new cap

• NIGHTMARE MODE
      A place for seasoned commanders to put their new upgrades and skills to test. Can you defeat the elite forces of hell?

• ACHIEVEMENTS AND COMMANDER STATISTICS
      Commanders that excel on the battlefield will unlock achievements as a reward for their contributions to the struggle

• BATTLE CONTROL MENU VISUAL OVERHAUL
      The battle control menu has received a graphical overhaul to accommodate many requested quality of life features

• GAMEPLAY REBALANCE AND QOL ADDITIONS
      All game modes have received a rebalance to make way for the research overhaul. Tons of quality of life features and changes have been added

To view the full content update patch notes click here.

2112TD Apple Store Page

2112TD Google Play Store

Huge shout out to everyone who has been playing the game so far and provided feedback.

31. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Next boot camp is up for anyone who was having a tough time clearing the infested structure on Uranus.

It's all about the railgun plasma when it comes to boss armour.

32. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

The tactical database overhaul is now in and undergoing final revisions before release. Monster_TB_Sample.jpg

33. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

Commanders!

We are excited to begin rolling out content update 1.2 which will be available for download soon on Android and iOS. It will include many QOL additions, balancing improvements and fixes.

HIGHLIGHTS

• Tactical database and settings menu overhaul
    • Support for multi-app audio playback
    • Tutorial Improvements and skip option
    • General balancing changes and improvements
    • Loading level tips
    • Most tower charged attacks have been buffed
    • Rocket pods now prioritize air
    Full patch notes can be read on the 2112TD reddit page.

34. Caatalyst

Caatalyst

To celebrate the Winter holidays we are running a 50% discount sale on 2112TD starting today!

Head on over to the Apple or Google Play stores before the 27th December to get a copy at the sale price. 2112TD is now also available to purchase at the Amazon store on supported kindle devices. :)