Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Deckard Render - Cinematographic Renderer for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Feb 5, 2019.

1. olix4242

olix4242

Hi folks, I have started with some live streaming about making a short movie and will be doing it almost every day (as I'm working on this project). For those of you interested into filmmaking with Unity, and usage of Deckard, please subscribe to my channel, so that you can get notifications when I go Live. (and also, you can ask me questions).

2. blacksun666

blacksun666

Only watched a minute of it and the audio is pretty broken up, not sure if that is because youtube is still processing it or if you have a problem with recording your mic?
    Just checked further into the vid and sound is good.

3. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry about that. It looks like there was some interference in audio as I was using a wireless microphone. It was fixed after 20 minutes of stream, when someone wrote that this was happening. I had to move slightly my receiver :(

blacksun666 likes this.
  4. eblumrich

eblumrich

Actually- it turned out to be our compression method- all is working, now! Thanks for your assistance - sorry for wasting your time.

5. Casanuda

Casanuda

Hi,

I am trying to use Deckard with Slate.
    I am using your Deckard sync to slate script that you posted a while back, but I am having no luck.

I am not sure what combination to set things up in.
    I have put Deckard on the main camera and the sync script on render camera.
    I have removed the main camera, manually enabled the Slate render camera and added Deckard and sync to this.

Either way, when I enter play mode, Unity says there are no cameras rendering.
    The cutscenes and camera work fine until I add Deckard, so I am unsure what is disabling the cameras on play.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Unity 2020.1.4f1

I am getting these errors
    UnassignedReferenceException: The variable rt of DeckardPreprocess has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the rt variable of the DeckardPreprocess script in the inspector.
    DeckardPreprocess.OnDisable () (at Assets/DeckardRender/Scripts/DeckardPreprocess.cs:45)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
    Slate.DirectorCameraDisable() (at Assets/ParadoxNotion/SLATE Cinematic Sequencer/Cameras/DirectorCamera.cs:261)
    Slate.DirectorCamera:Awake() (at Assets/ParadoxNotion/SLATE Cinematic Sequencer/Cameras/DirectorCamera.cs:183)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DeckardAnimatorMotionBlur.currentAnimationName () (at Assets/DeckardRender/Scripts/DeckardAnimatorMotionBlur.cs:46)
    DeckardRender.DeckardRender.BruteForceRendering () (at Assets/DeckardRender/Scripts/DeckardRender.cs:962)
    DeckardRender.DeckardRender.LateUpdate () (at Assets/DeckardRender/Scripts/DeckardRender.cs:866)

Thanks
    Cas

6. AgileLens

AgileLens

Three issues I'm having atm:
    1) Can't get my LODs to all stay at their highest level and I'm noticing pops. I've tried setting my project to Ultra settings and giving an LOD bias of 6. Any recommendations on keeping all assets at their highest quality?
    2) All of my foliage is disappearing on render. It's not like it pops in and out.. it just isn't showing up at all when I render, even though it does show up in the Deckard Preview window. It was all placed with the standard terrain tools.
    3) I have a lens flare (standard unity asset) that looks really good in my Scene view and I can't get it to work with Deckard. Is there a way to either use the standard lense flare (maybe by adding a Deckard component?) or using another workflow?

Thank you very much.

Also just want to mention I was stuck on the black render bug for HOURS and @BrettCroomo's method from June 1, 2020 saved me. Thank you Brett!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    BrettCroomo likes this.
  7. Patrudoizero

Patrudoizero

Hi!
    I want to render some 4k images from a project. Is there a way to render just one image?

8. olix4242

olix4242

Depends if you are using standard pipeline, or HDRP. Standard pipeline has a feature to render a scene by clicking on save facebook screenshot. But a best and suggested way of doing it is to capture as you would with video. Just set a number of frames to render to 1 or 2, and then render.

Patrudoizero likes this.
  9. olix4242

olix4242

You could create a script that forces maximum LOD on start.
    something along these lines:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class ForceLODlevel : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    8.     void Start()
    9.     {
    10.         //find all objects with LOD component in a scene
    11.         LODGroup[] lodObjects = GetComponentsInChildren<LODGroup>(true);
    12.         foreach(LODGroup lg in lodObjects)
    13.         {
    14.         //force highest lod to be rendered
    15.             lg.ForceLOD(0);
    16.         }
    17.     }
    18. }
    I havent tested this, but I think that it should work. Just add this script to an empty object in your scene.

Attached Files:

10. olix4242

olix4242

Be sure that you have a LensFlare layer component added to your deckard camera. It works for me.

Is this folliage using some custom shaders? Follieage should be rendered always. Does it render without Deckard in play mode?

11. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with Slate :( There is probably something that deactivates it.

12. Patrudoizero

Patrudoizero

Any news on the black frames rendering bug?

13. charlotteraymen

charlotteraymen

I have a video in my scene that I want to be playing while the deckard is recording - is there a way of capturing this using this recorder?

unityunity