Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Decalicious – Deferred Decal System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Daerst, Nov 21, 2016.

1. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

This makes sense, I'll give that a go!

It happens in geometrically flat areas, but I didn't think of the normal map.

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Also, thanks for info on the terrain workaround! :D

You could probably work around this by modifying MicroSplat's internal source shader files rather than the generated shaders. From memory they're included as text files. I've tweaked them before, but don't remember their names and am not at my computer.

3. SaltyMaia

SaltyMaia

Hi, I'm having some troubles with getting the decals to work.
    • Deferred rendering
    • Subtractive GI
    • One Mixed light in my scene (Sun source)
    Basically after having baked the lightmaps onto my scene, the decals only show up if I tag my Mixed directional light to Not Important rendering. This doesn't work for me since it goes against the purpose of subtractive GI (by labelling the light Not Important, it will shade objects per-vertex, meaning my dynamic objects can't cast proper shadows onto my static terrain meshes).

I'm using actual meshes here, not the unity terrain. I have a deferred camera rendering, and the decals show up if they are placed on an object that doesn't have lightmaps. So for instance, with the light tagged Important I can't see the decals on my meshes. But if I duplicate a mesh, then that newly-created mesh can receive decals because it doesn't have a lightmap

Any help would be very much appreciated, this is the final proof of tech I need in the project

4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Just confirming that changing the angle limit works perfectly. Thanks!