Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Deathmatch AI Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, Aug 24, 2016.

1. opsive

opsive

Deathmatch AI Kit
    Available on the Asset Store

Available on the Opsive Store

AIAgentsScreenshot.png

⭐Perfect for your enemy AI⭐
    The Deathmatch AI Kit includes a set of behavior tree tasks with one goal: eliminate all enemy targets. In order to accomplish this goal the agents will move in formations, take cover, determine the best weapon, and strategically attack the target. The Deathmatch AI Kit allows for team-based and free-for-all deathmatch games using the power of Behavior Designer and the Ultimate Character Controller.

AI agents can handle advanced situations such as:

• Strategically attack the enemy
    • Take cover and attack the enemy
    • Work as a team to eliminate the enemy
    • Create formations with other agents
    • Respond to teammate backup requests
    • Determine the best weapon
    • Throw and evade grenades
    • Use shootable or melee weapons
    • Search for enemies, ammo, and health
    • See and hear enemies
    • Attack explosives near enemies

AI agents can be customized to your game by adjusting the task parameters and rearranging the tasks within the behaviour tree.​

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  2. lazygunn

lazygunn

Congratulations! I'm looking forwards to having a look when I get the chance

opsive likes this.
  3. Arganth

Arganth

yeah :D instant buy

how much will it cost?

opsive likes this.
  4. opsive

opsive

$25 - we aimed on the low end since it requires Behavior Designer and Third Person Controller

antoripa likes this.
  5. Jacky_Boy

Jacky_Boy

I'm getting it upon release. @opsive hey Justin will we be able to give our AI team members some basic commands such as seek, protect and attack?

opsive likes this.
  6. opsive

opsive

That thought has definitely crossed my mind to add to a future release. I'd also like to add some more of the Tactical Pack features such as the ability to flank the enemy.

Jacky_Boy likes this.
  7. Jacky_Boy

Jacky_Boy

Great! Flanking is a must have for that sort of extension. Making room in my project for this already!:)

8. mzr

mzr

It looks great, one question though.
    It's called deathmatch ai, it would suggest that it is made for quakelike games.
    Is there any sense in using this for normal games, to make enemies for a whole level or even an open world game?

9. opsive

opsive

You definitely can and I imagine that this will be the primary use for it. We went with the deathmatch/quake style game because that's the easiest to include a demo scene for. All of the demo assets are located within /Deathmatch AI Kit/demo and you can completely remove this directory and the AI portion will still work without a problem. In fact, for the video of setting up the AI Agent, I did just that and use Unity's Survival Shooter project as an example:

http://opsive.com/assets/DeathmatchAIKit/videos.php?id=1

(still waiting on approval from Unity - I haven't heard anything back yet)

redchurch likes this.
  10. mzr

mzr

Cool, thanks for the info!

A quick question regarding that, are Tactical and Formations packs easily mixable with this one?
    Or is it better to just wait for you to implement features from those packs?
    I assume it's relatively easy to add some tasks in the middle of deathmatch behaviour, but I was wondering if there's any need for it.

11. opsive

opsive

There is a V Formation task included with the current version which is based off of the Tactical and Formations Packs, but this task does some extra setup to notify the TeamManager that the agent has been added to a formation. Because of this the Tactical and Formation tasks are not compatible out of the box, but it would make a lot of sense to add integration with those packs so they can be. I've written it down.

12. mzr

mzr

Thanks!

13. opsive

opsive

MIK3K, TonyLi and redchurch like this.
  14. Razmot

Razmot

When you just forget you re evaluating a demo and start to play for real - AI fleeing, cornering me, throwing grenades. Nicely done ! My only wish is 1st person mode, but there is I think some UFPS/Opsive convergence coming...

opsive likes this.
  15. opsive

opsive

Awesome :cool:

I think that you're onto something :) When UFPS 2 is released it'll definitely work with the Deathmatch AI Kit as well so you'll be able to select first or third person mode.

16. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

Impressive! That demo is the most polished out of all the Opsive asset demos imo, especially for an initial release.

opsive likes this.
  17. Razmot

Razmot

Some sort of pack with TPC + DAIK + Movement pack would be welcome - maybe with behaviour designer too, with an "upgrade from BD to full pack path" ? as I only own BD I would have to spit $110 currently.

Just my 2 cents - my 11000 cents precisely :p

18. opsive

opsive

We've thought about doing something like that. My main hesitation with it is that updating would be more of a pain because anytime any of the four assets are updated this bundle would also have to be updated. I think that I saw that the Asset Store team is working on a way to do bundles but that's about as much as I know.

What is more likely to happen is that I could create a bundle sold through opsive.com which would allow me to only have to update once. We're planning on a website refresh when we release UFPS 2 so it probably won't happen until then though.

19. Razmot

Razmot

Were are the latest infos re UFPS2 roadmap ?

20. opsive

opsive

We haven't released a roadmap for UFPS 2 yet, still in initial development. UFPS 2 will be released in 2017 and I'll have a lot more info as well as a beta when we get closer.

21. rob535

rob535

Wow, how did I miss this? Nicely done. I just bought BD and TPC. :)

I will be buying this as soon as I get back to my PC.

opsive likes this.
  22. opsive

opsive

Awesome!

We've started on the next update and so far it'll include an observer mode, integration with A* Pathfinding Project and Apex Path, and I'd like to also add Tactical and Formations Pack integration. These features don't directly deal with the behavior tree so if anybody has any requests let us know! We have a few tree-related requests written down but am curious to hear what people are interested in after playing with it.

julianr and rob535 like this.
  23. Razmot

Razmot

A procedural level example with one of the runtime navmesh solutions would be cool (A* maybe).
    Just a room with a bunch of random cubes as proof of concept everything can work at runtime.

24. opsive

opsive

Thanks for the suggestion. When we do these integrations we always include a small sample scene which sounds similar to what you're talking about

25. rob535

rob535

Very happy with this purchase, I am learning a lot with the Behavior Designer tasks included..

Really looking forward to UFPS 2.. Thanks opsive, you guys rock..

26. opsive

opsive

That awesome - thanks Rob! It'll be fun to see UFPS working with this :)

27. julianr

julianr

Hey Justin - just about to install this. How does the Melee work, does it use collision on the melee weapon or does it use a ray cast to do damage if within range? I was thinking of using unarmed combat, placing colliders on the hands so when they make contact they do damage.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  28. opsive

opsive

It does use collisions.

julianr likes this.
  29. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    does it work on mobile ?

30. opsive

opsive

Yes, though mobile controls haven't been added to the Spark demo scene. You'd have to take them from an existing third person demo scene.

antoripa likes this.
  31. Gametyme

Gametyme

Im on unity 5.4.1 and I get these errors after integration.

Assets/Deathmatch AI Kit/Scripts/AI/Actions/Attack/AttackMovement.cs(109,22): error CS0103: The name `HasPath' does not exist in the current context

Assets/Deathmatch AI Kit/Scripts/AI/Actions/Attack/AttackMovement.cs(136,17): error CS0103: The name `UpdateRotation' does not exist in the current context

Assets/Deathmatch AI Kit/Scripts/AI/Actions/Attack/AttackMovement.cs(212,13): error CS0103: The name `UpdateRotation' does not exist in the current context

32. Gametyme

Gametyme

Looks like I need the updated version of the movement pack.

edit...yep, that solved it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  33. Gametyme

Gametyme

Man this ai getting me hype!...lol

CrandellWS and opsive like this.
  34. opsive

opsive

Glad you figured it out!

:cool:

Gametyme likes this.
  35. Idialot

Idialot

Will these assets work with multiplayer such as Photon/ Bolt etc.

36. opsive

opsive

We have plans to later add networking support but that won't be until after UFPS 2 is integrated with it. The Third Person Controller and Behavior Designer support UNET so you could get those working, and the portion that needs networking integration is the deathmatch game type logic.

37. Gametyme

Gametyme

Im using 5.4.1 and when I save the way points they don't save. When I check the prefab before the game starts they are there but once they are instantiated it's null and empty.

38. opsive

opsive

Where are you saving the waypoints? In the Deathmatch AI Kit the waypoints are loaded dynamically from the child GameObjects under the Waypoints parent.

You're probably hitting a Unity restriction: project-level objects (such as prefabs) cannot access scene-level objects (such as scene GameObjects). In order to get around this you have to load the scene objects at runtime. The Deathmatch AI Kit does this within DeathmatchManager.SceneLoaded.

Gametyme likes this.
  39. Gametyme

Gametyme

I'll check it out in a few. I just did what you did in the video.

40. Gametyme

Gametyme

i keep getting this error in a new project using 5.4.2.

A passive NavMeshAgent is expected to have no path. But this one has 2 polygons

41. opsive

opsive

Is that the exact error? What's the call stack?

42. Gametyme

Gametyme

Thats it, nothing else.

43. opsive

opsive

I haven't seen that error before and a Google search doesn't bring up any relevant results. It sounds like a Unity bug - I'd submit a bug report to them so they can take a look at it.

44. Fraust

Fraust

quick question... while importing it says it is a complete project and wants to overwrite settings, is there anything I should be worried about? Can I not import all the extra settings? Apologies if you had explained it, a quick search of the docs/forums didn't show anything as far as I could see.

I have an existing project with custom layers and input configs like with rewired. Just not looking forward to trashing that stuff.

45. julianr

julianr

Did you bake all of the Navmesh, or just one selected Mesh Renderer?

If you are making changes to the code, are you using
    NavMesh.CalculatePath(transform.position, target.position, NavMesh.AllAreas, path);

opsive likes this.
  46. julianr

julianr

What I normally do is create a new project, check out what changes it makes, then copy over the parts needed and copy and paste the hierarchy gameObjects required. Backup your project first :)

opsive likes this.
  47. Gametyme

Gametyme

Default scene, no changes.

48. opsive

opsive

The only additional project settings are the scoreboard button mapping and a few layers for the various teams. Both are these settings are only necessary if you are specifically creating a deathmatch game. The layers can be configured within the DeathmatchManager prefab.

49. radiantboy

radiantboy

Just grabbed this and all the things required, started a fresh project (also have UFPS and the integration in my project) . But I get errors (unity 5.5.0b10):

Assets/Deathmatch AI Kit/Scripts/AI/Actions/Attack/Attack.cs(5,38): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonController' does not exist in the namespace `BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Deathmatch AI Kit/Scripts/AI/DeathmatchAgent.cs(14,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `AIAgent' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Deathmatch AI Kit/Scripts/AI/Actions/Attack/Attack.cs(16,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SharedItemType' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Deathmatch AI Kit/Scripts/AI/DeathmatchAgent.cs(121,33): error CS0115: `Opsive.DeathmatchAIKit.AI.DeathmatchAgent.Awake()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  50. julianr

julianr

Do you have the Third Person Controller from Opsive installed?

antoripa likes this.