Search Unity

[RELEASED] Databrain - Ultimate game data framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GiantGrey, May 2, 2023.

1. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to announce my latest asset:

Here's the official description from the asset store:
    Databrain is a powerful tool for managing object-based game data. It allows you to create custom data objects, import data from CSV or Google sheets, and to utilize the Unity UIToolkit or field attributes to build visually appealing inspectors for your data. It also allows you to categorize data using namespaces or derived classes.

You can also expand Databrain with our available add-ons to truly make it the Swiss Army knife of your data management needs.

Opeth001 likes this.
  2. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

I'm happy to announce that a new update for the Logic - High Level Visual Scripting add-on has been released which includes new state machine nodes.
    Those allow to easily create finite state machines within Databrain.

You can read more about the FSM nodes in the official Documentation

Asset-Store

CodeSmile likes this.
  3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Cool stuff!
    I've been working with visual FSM editors well over 20 years ago and like to see every time when it's also visually well done. :)

Is that plain-old GraphView? The styling is nice, especially the lines. I didn't expect you could style them as much as you did there.

I bet the rest of the UI was made with UI Toolkit too. Just judging by the consistent styling and look & feel, which few would bother doing with IMGUI simply because of the struggle to get to to work functionally, let alone making it not fall apart with dynamic GUIs.

4. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Thank you, happy to hear this! The graph has been completely made by myself from scratch with UIToolkit. No GraphView dependency. :)
    The rest of the editor is also UIToolkit. I did a lot of IMGUI editor stuff before so UIToolkit is really a blessing in this regards! ;)

5. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Nice!
    You may want to sell that too. There's interest for that, given the experimental nature of GraphView and abandoned GraphTools Foundation package.

Curious, how are you drawing those lines? Probably a custom element but .. the drawing of lines. If I had to guess I'd say the low-level "GL" like drawing API but other than that I'm clueless as to how to render such lines in the editor or onto UI Toolkit without GraphView.

Totally!

Just yesterday I made a quick window with a couple buttons. Creating the GUI was at most 15 minutes total and the only code was hooking up the callback methods, and cleaning up the default generated mess. Maybe 5% of the time was spent on the GUI, as it should be! :)

6. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Yes that's an interesting idea. Definitely something to look into.

Ha! I cheated a bit regarding the lines :D Those are actually IMGUI elements using the ImmediateModeElement which allows me to draw Handles.DrawBezier ;)

CodeSmile likes this.
  7. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Handles! Of course! :)

GiantGrey likes this.
  8. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

New Update 1.3 is now available.
    The latest update now allows to view custom editors, like my node editor (which is an additional add-on), and fields directly in the Unity inspector.

Screenshot7.png