Search Unity

[RELEASED] DarkTree FPS system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DarkTree, Mar 29, 2019.

1. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hi! You can use project as base but level transition is not available for now. Will be 100% available with next update

2. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ok many thanks for your reply.. I'll start to experiment and maybe will wait for next update to have a complete working save system betweeen levels

3. franky_li

franky_li

Hi DarkTree,

any ETA for the next update. I'm interested in your asset, but I need swimming, diving and a bow and arrows for my project. Any chance that this will be implemented?

4. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello! I can not say ETA for next update but trying to make it as fast as possible. Swimming will be implemented of course. You can make bow and arrows with existing weapon system, in fact it's just some type of 'rocket launcher' behavior. They are the same.

5. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes but how to make an arrow that could be picked up again after shooted to be used as ammo again?

6. NicolaPizio

NicolaPizio

hi, i tried the demo linked on the asset store and i'm interested to buy your asset, but i wanted to know two more things before buying. i noticed that the save system doesn't save your position in the scene, will this function be added? second i noticed that zombies don't inflict damage to the player, maybe it's just a bug.

7. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hi, system has to save player position. When I played demo save system worked well... Are you playing windows or mac demo? Zombies are not inflicting a damage due some build bug, in the editor they die well.

8. jesseganey

jesseganey

I have been working on a custom method in dtinventory to increase inventory. It works but if i dont empty my inventory first it locks those slots so that icon are still there but you cant access them. I was wondering how to fix this problem. I am just increasing the varible column.

9. DarkTree

DarkTree

Are you setting only one variable and everything brokes up, arent you?

10. jesseganey

jesseganey

Code (CSharp):
    1.  public  void IncreaseInventory()
    2.         {
    3.             column += 1;
    4.             if (column >= 5)
    5.                 column = 5;
    6.             upGradebutton.SetActive(false);
    7.             for (int i = 0; i < row; i++)
    8.             {
    9.                 for (int j = 0; j < column; j++)
    10.                 {
    11.                     var _cell = Instantiate(cell);
    12.                     _cell.rectTransform.SetParent(transform);
    13.                     _cell.rectTransform.sizeDelta = new Vector2(cellSize - padding, cellSize - padding);
    14.                     _cell.rectTransform.anchoredPosition = new Vector2((cellSize * i) + padding, (-cellSize * j) + padding);
    15.                     _cell.rectTransform.localScale = new Vector2(1, 1);
    17.                     _cell.name = i + "," + j;
    19.                     var slot = _cell.GetComponent<GridSlot>();
    20.                     slot.free = true;
    21.                     slot.image.color = normalCellColor;
    22.                     slot.x = i; slot.y = j;
    23.                     slots.Add(slot);
    24.                 }
    25.             }
    26.         }
    This is the code I added.

11. DarkTree

DarkTree

Is it executing in runtime?

12. jesseganey

jesseganey

Im calling it from a button on inventory ui. It works but i have to dump inventory first or it covers the existing column with new slots or somthing. Not sure what you mean in runtime. Im kind of new to coding.

13. DarkTree

DarkTree

It's exactly that thing. Runtime means to call method in the play mode. Inventory not support runtime size change, at least I've not tested it. As variant, you can destroy all current cells, clear cells list and instantiate new ones with assigning to a list. It's the only one method that comes on my mind for now.

14. jesseganey

jesseganey

Ill look into that but sounds like it might be above my coding skill right now. I may have to do away with that for now. Thanks for your help. Cant wait to see the update.

15. NicolaPizio

NicolaPizio

i run the build using a windows PC

16. brocz

brocz

hello, the darktree fps free is giving a bunch of compile erros on the latest unity version (2019.3), are you going to release any fixes for it? thank you

17. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello. Free version was made for promotion purposes mostly. I'd like to support and develop that but have no time for that.

Can you show what errors are appear in the console?

18. LunyMoonraker

LunyMoonraker

Love the Dark Tree package, mate. Hope you can keep up the good work! It is really awesome!

DarkTree and jesseganey like this.
  19. jesseganey

jesseganey

Love the dawn wander vid. Really hope some of that stuff makes it into kit.

DarkTree and LunyMoonraker like this.
  20. LunyMoonraker

LunyMoonraker

which one is nthe "dawn wander" vid?

DarkTree likes this.
  21. DarkTree

DarkTree

Thank you! jesseganey means the video from my game in development

magique and jesseganey like this.
  22. DarkTree

DarkTree

I want to bring all stuff from the game to the asset. Only not sure about cold resistance because it's narrow point of gameplay and not sure that it's really useful for someone else.

jesseganey likes this.
  23. LunyMoonraker

LunyMoonraker

bro, that looks awesome. I'm doing the opposite, have been working on a desert map with your asset. I hope DawnWander works out for you. It looks really awesome!

24. LunyMoonraker

LunyMoonraker

I don't know much about game development I'm sure. I've studied for years, but wish we all could work together on and off without the need to fear about licenses and whatnot. Else, especially with this pack, your pack DarkTree definitely makes anything have potential.

jesseganey likes this.
  25. DarkTree

DarkTree

Thank you!

LunyMoonraker likes this.
  26. jesseganey

jesseganey

Temp could be good also. But im looking foward to the loot thing and i like the cooking. Keep up the great work. Is there a way to drop all inventory. Still working on the inventory upgrade thing. Any idea when the update is coming.

27. DarkTree

DarkTree

Yes, just use foreach(var item in characterItems) RemoveItem(item)

28. jesseganey

jesseganey

Thanks

29. jesseganey

jesseganey

Now when i hit upgrade button it removes items one for everytime i push button but it doesnt drop them on ground. what i want it to do is drop all at once to ground then add the extra column to inventory. The method works for adding a column to inventory but i need it to drop the items not just get rid of them. Im calling method from a button. The button is turned on by a custom consume event.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.   public  void IncreaseInventory()
    2.         {
    3.             foreach (var item in characterItems)
    4.             {
    5.                 RemoveItem(item);
    6.             }
    7.             column += 1;
    8.             if (column >= 5)
    9.                 column = 5;
    10.             upGradebutton.SetActive(false);
    11.             for (int i = 0; i < row; i++)
    12.             {
    13.                 for (int j = 0; j < column; j++)
    14.                 {
    15.                     var _cell = Instantiate(cell);
    16.                     _cell.rectTransform.SetParent(transform);
    17.                     _cell.rectTransform.sizeDelta = new Vector2(cellSize - padding, cellSize - padding);
    18.                     _cell.rectTransform.anchoredPosition = new Vector2((cellSize * i) + padding, (-cellSize * j) + padding);
    19.                     _cell.rectTransform.localScale = new Vector2(1, 1);
    21.                     _cell.name = i + "," + j;
    23.                     var slot = _cell.GetComponent<GridSlot>();
    24.                     slot.free = true;
    25.                     slot.image.color = normalCellColor;
    26.                     slot.x = i; slot.y = j;
    27.                     slots.Add(slot);
    28.                 }
    29.             }
    30.         }

30. DarkTree

DarkTree

Oh, I got you wrong. Use dropitem instead. I thought that you wanted to destroy an items.

jesseganey likes this.
  31. jesseganey

jesseganey

Alright let me try that. That is what i was trying for. Thanks so much. This asset is so awesome.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    DarkTree likes this.
  32. TiToMoskito

TiToMoskito

Any plans to make it HDRP ready?

33. DarkTree

DarkTree

I tried to work with HDRP pipeline and found it very complicated, so I've not explored that deeper than a demo scene. I'm interested to make HDRP support in future but now can't find a way how to do this. Beacuse as I know HDRP doesn't support dual camera rendering and I need to get weapon shader with fov pass adjustment.

I've worked with LWRP and it has custom scriptable render setting by layer. I don't know if HDRP share this function but if it is, this method should work for HDRP as well. In one word, I don't have experience with HDRP for now but I keep in mind to add this feature. Sorry if you have issues with this.

TiToMoskito and jesseganey like this.
  34. LunyMoonraker

LunyMoonraker

Hey, mate, I know you're quite busy but I was wondering if I may a small request and that would be a settings menu attached. Really love all the work you've done, hope you get to keep working on the asset and your own game DawnWander, which is looking amazing!

35. DarkTree

DarkTree

Thanks a lot! I'll include menu with settings of course.

jesseganey likes this.
  36. alshttrbg

alshttrbg

Hey can you add a drivable vehicle?.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  37. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Dawn Wander is looking good.
    When do you think we will see some of these features, and the Load/Save/Level_Change capability?

Mark

38. DarkTree

DarkTree

No, you can contact developer of driving system (if you using some) and ask to provide support for dt fps. Car controller it's a huge amount of work which not covered by asset concept

39. DarkTree

DarkTree

With the next version as I said:)

40. DarkTree

DarkTree

Don't you succeed with single map level? Just interesting for my own.

jesseganey likes this.
  41. jesseganey

jesseganey

I think single level is good but changing scenes would help game run smoother. But what do I know i suck at optimizing. Im happy if it runs more than 20 fps. Its not the asset its just me filling up the world with things. I love this asset. Code is fairly easy for me to understand. Big plus some others ive tried where written way to complicated.

42. DarkTree

DarkTree

Yes sure, no doubt. I'm quite good in optimization but even with my skills I still cant reach single level to run smoothly. Have an idea to make own chunk system for that later...

43. bholland

bholland

How did you get your player to recieve damage? I implemented the changes above, and I can damge the Emerald AI npc's but They don't recognize or shoot at me unless I attach a cube to myself and make it a targetable layer. Even then though it doesn't damage me. Just curious how you got that working. Thanks!

44. jesseganey

jesseganey

I did exactly what mad_mark showed. Do you have the emerald ai detection set to your layer and tag. And you need anitation event set in attack animation for ai.

45. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Honestly, load level additive and streaming seem a very large work around for this issue. I explored it, but it basically requires a complete architecture change. If there is a code change that can fix the root problem, that would be preferred.

Save and Load would also has more use cases than just changing levels. There may also be issues with floating point accuracy....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  46. bholland

bholland

Holy crap! the animation event, I can't believe I let that get me again. Thanks!

47. jesseganey

jesseganey

No problem.

48. DarkTree

DarkTree

Feature and improvement list for 1.4

• New camera animations for different player states as landing, air, hit, and other. Animations are to make player controller feel more realistic and believable.
    • Camera FOV custom change for better aiming.
    • New stealth improvement allows you to stay in sight of enemy for short time without detection. Enemy need some time to recognize player ahead. Speed of detection consists of player distance and pose (crouch/standing).
    • Enemies now hear shots and player steps.
    • Aim IK for NPCs with spread settings.
    • Inspectable loot boxes.
    • Items using with delay and custom sound effects.
    • New fully customizable inventory interface that allows you to create custom inventories (it's my side project and not released yet).
    • Ability to inspect dead bodies.
    • Menu and game settings.
    • Animal AI and flay ability.
    • Emerald AI integration
    • Also want to return UI scope. During my test I found that UI scope is much comfortable to use. It's some sort of thing where we need to lost some realism for a better comfort. You should be familiar with it if you used versions before 1.3
    • Swimming and underwater effect with post-processing stack.
    • All code will be inspected and optimized. All garbage and unused variables should be removed. Also each script will be commented for better perception.
    • Object dragging
    • Ability to rest on some objects (sitting, laying)
    • Found a lot of bugs and wrong working things during my own project development and will fix them.

Most part of work is done now. Update should come out before end of 1st week on March.

Thank everyone for patience!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    eonir, Nahok and jesseganey like this.
  49. DarkTree

DarkTree

jesseganey likes this.
  50. LunyMoonraker

LunyMoonraker

Scene change isn't different just to add yourself, but working on my own Settings menu. I've got a main UI but just difficulty on runtime settings ui.