Search Unity

[RELEASED] DarkTree FPS system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DarkTree, Mar 29, 2019.

1. DarkTree

DarkTree

Banner_middle-Recovered.png V 1.2 released and available!

peeppepe and Daniel466 like this.
  2. johny256

johny256

Main menu?Ingame menu and save load system?

3. DarkTree

DarkTree

Work on that

4. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

hello mate.. I just downloaded the 1.2 version and imported in a black project into unity 2018.3.13f1 and loaded the demo scene and i got and errror about a missing mono script on npc..the last scritp for every npc in inspector is missing..and please i ned to know how to can setup ai out of the box to test in my ongoing project..

let me know..

5. DarkTree

DarkTree

Answered on a mail

6. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

I am receiving the following error when trying to replace the camera source within the prefab
    upload_2019-5-23_11-55-48.png

7. DarkTree

DarkTree

I'll check that issue as fast as possible. Not around PC now. It's the only one error you get?

8. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hi again. Error is caused by missed references from the camera. The camera holds blur script which blur picture when you open inventory panel. So when you create new camera, script get your camera but can't take blur component because it's not exist. Attach blur to your camera

9. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

Fantastic!

Fixed the issue. Thanks.

10. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hi guys! Please leave review in the store page if you still not. Each review is very important for me even if it is not positive and helps to make asset better. Thanks!

11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sword and shield please.

12. DarkTree

DarkTree

No problems

13. huntersteeger

huntersteeger

Awesome asset! could benefit from some adjustable head bob and player dimensions!

DarkTree likes this.
  14. Daniel466

Daniel466

Anymore updates coming or planned?

15. DarkTree

DarkTree

I'll think about this, thanks!

16. DarkTree

DarkTree

Yes, update is planned

17. Daniel466

Daniel466

Cool, cant wait!

18. eonir

eonir

Just discover and start to check the free version of this asset ( I'm curious and like to check other work :D ), I have to say it looks like really nice ! I really like what I start to see; document seems pretty good and scripts are commented ^^ Can't wait to go deep to check what this asset can give ! ( some point could be better for sure, as every asset) Anyway, a great job !
    Any idea about a multiplayer coming update on the paid version ? Could be nice for people who want a nice multiplayer survival FPS starter ;)
    Again, nice job here!!

19. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello and thanks for post! I'm pretty far from multiplayer concept but I'm often think about it. First, i need to create skin class and visuals. After that multiplayer can be possible

eonir likes this.
  20. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

multiplayer could wait imho sinceasset need to be polished and features upgraded before it..

21. DarkTree

DarkTree

1.3 announce

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed inventory stack error
    - Camera shake after death
    - Infinity grenades by pressing '4' key

New features:
    - Save/load system
    - Missile launcher (rpg-7 as example)
    - New inventory UI with weapon additions system
    - Finished editor layout
    - NPC/zombies with fractions (without player dependencies)
    - Animation improvements...
    - And want to deal with annoying shells wrong rotation:mad:

Thought about bow, sword-shield, medieval weapons but still not sure that they are suitable for my pack. I concentrated on modern weapons more and don't want blend all the things with non sense. I very like how my weapons works and will not modify firearms behaviour.

If you have got any bugs, it's perfect time to tell me about them.

P.S. And still have only 3 reviews. Please leave review on the assetstore page. It helps to make asset better more than you think.

eonir likes this.
  22. GameMunchers

GameMunchers

Ill buy if saving gets implemented, and any idea when this will be added and what future updates you have planned to add?

23. DarkTree

DarkTree

Read above. I'll add save system with the next update

24. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

hi and glad to see next updaye coming .but about weapons I would bring my two cents...
    If asset would to be a great SURVIVAL starter pack i think a bow/crossbow dynamc weapon system is really necessary since as you probabily know many post apo and survival scenarios have bow and crossbow as base f their weapon system..think same to you about swond and shield ,medieval and so on...

only one last question...

is save system used to save all player conditions and statistic like inventory ,wepaons , transforms and so on or it will be save even enemies posiiton and state?

plus do you think save system is arragned to eventually be suited for other project too or it is really nested to your asses and eventually use of it out of the bozx is not possible?

25. unicat

unicat

I think a bow is a modern weapon (and futuristic too like some crytec games) and should be in.

26. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

AGREE

27. DarkTree

DarkTree

Save system using without the project core is impossible due custom data save classes and members.

To be honest, bow and rocket launcher have the same technique for shooting and could be created without script modification. Anyway, I'll include bow sample in next update!

28. TeoDorTV

TeoDorTV

Hi im using Unity 2019.1.4f1 and can´t import this nice Asset. Please, can you tell me why i not importing this asset? This asset can´t decompresst ! Please fix Thank you. Sorry for my bad english ;D error message is " Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()"

Reply from publisher:
    At the top of description page forum link attached. You can write at forum page or at my email. Asset can't be imported only due editor reasons. Try to create new project and import again

I created a new project and tried to importieren and unfortunately get the error again
    "Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
    UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()"

I can´t use it pls help

29. DarkTree

DarkTree

I still think that it is editor issue. Something wrong with editor I guess... Try other version. Are other packages installs fine?

30. TeoDorTV

TeoDorTV

yes with all other assets I have no problems . Can I download the asset from elsewhere? Without the import with asset store

31. DarkTree

DarkTree

You can find downloaded copy in your computer. Google "where unity stores packages"

32. DarkTree

DarkTree

Done rocket launcher. Very easy to setup. Must work as bow as well...

33. jnbbender

jnbbender

I just picked up the free version and it looks really nice. I would like to know if there is an easy way to replace the hands. I picked up the Realistic FPS Hands package and the armature seems like it would work. Any ideas?

34. DarkTree

DarkTree

Just replace default hands model in each weapon. Keep in mind that you will need to create new animations for weapons

35. AyArtGames

AyArtGames

Hi, i really love your asset and am planning to buy it for my mobile game !! But i would like to know if i can add my own zombies/characters models, if is there an ongle in the inspector that can help me to do that.. and second i would like to know if it's support multiplayer like photon 1/2 or if you are planning to add it, thank you.

36. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hi! Just replace rig and mesh renderers and you will get new skins. I talk about multiplayer above. Read thread please

37. Scarfell

Scarfell

Hello, just got the asset and wanted to say great work. Im really looking forward to 1.3
    just had a couple of questions about future updates
    1) do u plan on expanding the animation system to allow for more animations like (weapon equip, weapon inspect, etc)
    2) could it be possible to add the ability to stash guns directly in the inventory
    3) is there an eta on 1.3

Thanks and keep up the great work :)

38. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello and thank you for purchasing!

1) I've never thought about animation expanding. But features you say about are pretty simple to do. For example you can create pre-idle animation and paste it to the weapon's AnimatorController. So every time you'll put it on, equipment animation will be played. Inspection is possible with creating a new layer in AnimatorController. Animation have low code dependency and can be controlled without weapon class (with a little modifications)
    2) I working on multicell inventory for this case (like in diablo, stalker, etc)
    3) Is about 2 weeks

Scarfell likes this.
  39. jnbbender

jnbbender

I'm enjoying your asset so far. But I have a question. I followed your tutorial for adding a weapon and it appears to look just like the others. I had to add in animations from the glock. But the weapon never shows up and is not selectable on the keyboard. Neither are the other weapons except for the knife and the grenades. Do I have to set up a slot for my new weapon?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  40. DarkTree

DarkTree

Have you made weapon pickup after weapon creation? For now picking weapon is only one true way to enable weapon.

41. Daniel466

Daniel466

on the player the weapon manager, did they go missing that just aguess?

42. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Just picked up the free version. I noticed that the infinite grenades is still there. Did the free version not get updated?
    Also, when the player dies (from infinite grenades exploding too close) he falls over, but doesn't die or recycle.

Error in the console:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DarkTreeFPS.WeaponManager.DropWeapon () (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/WeaponManager.cs:414)
    DarkTreeFPS.WeaponManager.DropAllWeapons () (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/WeaponManager.cs:318)
    DarkTreeFPS.PlayerStats.PlayerDeath () (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Player/PlayerStats.cs:224)
    DarkTreeFPS.PlayerStats.Update () (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Player/PlayerStats.cs:97)

Mark

43. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello free version won't be upgraded before paid version update. To say honestly, I didn't get effect I expected with free version. People even can't leave review and stars because they are to lazy. I have not any reasons to continue update free version.

44. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

@DarkTree You might want to re-think that position from your customers' perspective. I have spent over $3000 on assets from the asset store. I won't buy the paid version of anything anymore until I am 100% sure that:
    1) The author is committed. (Telling me you are committed doesn't cut it)
    2) The product is high quality. (Proven through testing)
    3) The product works as advertised. (Proven through testing)
    4) The product integrates within my project or portfolio with a minimum of work. (Proven through testing)

Reviews will come to you over time, and not because you demand or expect them. If your product is good, it will acquire good reviews. If it is sub-par or poorly supported, it will return the same. I don't provide reviews for assets that I have not evaluated fully, and if the version available to me is not updated, it is not capable of being properly evaluated. I have provided positive reviews for several products that fully deliver or show great promise and commitment. I have provided a few negative reviews for fly-by-night authors and abandon-ware products to warn potential buyers away. Most of those that have had negative reviews are now deprecated and no longer available to snatch money from unsuspecting customers.

As an example, I have UFPS 1.7 as my player controller, however, I do not intend to pay another $200 USD to upgrade it to 2.0. I have the money, however I cannot justify that expense for a product I have already bought all of the add-ons for and dropped $200 USD plus on, and have not been able to deliver the game that the product was supposed to provide (high frames per second, multi-player shooter, with AI). My review for that app reflects my experience with it. I am now looking for an alternative controller, and may or may not develop for networking. It is currently no longer a core requirement.

Tell me, which do you value more? Ten 3-star reviews or Two 5-star reviews? And do those "quick" reviews to get a specific feature implemented or expedite an update release mean as much as a review prompted by a customer who has taken the time to evaluate the product fully? MOST of your REAL reviews will be found within this thread.

How can I evaluate this product to determine its fit, its value, and provide an honest review?
    Mark

45. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Also, are you marketing the product beyond calling for reviews here? You have 4 reviews for the free version and 4 reviews for the paid version. With a release date of March 2019, what more are you expecting?

With your pricing being very close to a wide group of FPS controllers that have already established themselves, I am surprised that you have as many sales and reviews as you do so far.

GKC = $50 RFPS = $10 TPS = $25 UnrealFPS = $29.99 ManoeuvreFPS = 39.99 UFPS = $75

Mark

46. DarkTree

DarkTree

Your point of view as customer is very descriptive and useful. Thanks for your opinion. It was very important for me!

About cost of similar packages. I can't talk about it because I think it's wrong. I think that my package have best weapon feeling and weight. It was my goal since I started my project. If you ever shoot in real life, you know how weapons in game and irl are different.

47. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Actually, I have my cross, rifle and crown for marksmanship in the Canadian military. I have fired weapons from the .45 caliber handgun to the lowly .22 caliber to the 7.62mm FN-C1-A1 rifle as a matter of daily routine. I have handled and fired the American M16 and even got to drive a tank once at Fort Lewis in the US. No firing... 8)

Unfortunately, weapon weight simulation, accuracy, damage won't matter to players of my game. At least not this one. I am creating a FPS Zombie Shooter, because that is what my grandchildren asked me for. It will be released only to them. I have created a 3D model that looks like each of them, created dialogue to sound like them, and animations that portray their unique character, and they must fight their way across the city to collect and unite with their family members.

Mark

JC_LEON likes this.
  48. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hah, very interesting project

49. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Great Mark you are making a game to satisfy you grandschildern,, usually grandfathers gift videogames grandschildren...you will gift YOUR videogames to your grandschildren you made for them.... GREATQ!!!!!

50. Tema_

Tema_

Добрый вечер. Как можно изменить скорость звука шагов? Я так понимаю это зависит от скорости персонажа, чем она выше, тем шаги реже, как это можно решить? Заранее спасибо!