Search Unity

[RELEASED] DarkTree FPS system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DarkTree, Mar 29, 2019.

1. drewradley

drewradley

Hi. Great asset!

Messing around and followed the tutorial on setting up a new weapon and everything works great until I jump. Then if I don't move or anything, the fps arms keep "jumping" and the player takes some damage once in a while. I thought it was my new gun but it also happens with the default weapons. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

edit: if anyone else has this happen, the Weapon Holder animator doesn't have any exit parameters to idle so it stays in landing. Not sure exactly what it needs to be set to so I set Has Exit Time to true and that fixed it.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  2. jesamabin

jesamabin

I've just bought this asset pack and if I try to get into playmode I just get compiler errors...

3. jesamabin

jesamabin

Hi, I would really like to get this working, I'm confused as to why this would not work right out of the gate.

4. jesamabin

jesamabin

I got it fixed.

5. jesamabin

jesamabin

Hi, sorry to message again, I am using this pack to try to learn to make an FPS, so I am pretty inexperienced. When I hit playmode in the new scene I have created everything works fine, but when I build and run I immediately fly off the map at the start. Is there anything I need to do to avoid that? Thanks in advance

6. bthanse

bthanse

Have yo try to set the player to position 0.0.0 in Gameprefab ? upload_2020-5-27_15-57-5.png

7. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hi, take a look at getting started video. Probably you missed some spawn point settings

BackwoodsGaming and Shodan0101 like this.
  8. jesamabin

jesamabin

Hi, thanks I got it working, the issue I had was that the levelpoint was far away from the game prefab. I am having another small issue though, everything works fine until I jump, then I get stuck in my position.

9. DarkTree

DarkTree

Do you see any console errors at this moment?

10. pagan_poetry

pagan_poetry

Hi, Dark Tree. I have a problem with my Android build size.
    My compiled build size is 133mb (nearly 10mb of my own assets). Is it possible to make it smaller? Like 40-50mb.

2. I haven't found manual about turning on mobile controls (not in PDF or youtube channel). How to do it in a right way? Because I figured out some things by myself but i'm not sure if I do it right.

11. DarkTree

DarkTree

You can remove playerbody (I think that it's useless on mobile and will only eat your resources), also weapons that shipped by default are building with all meshes, textures, animations. You can remove them or replace with your weapons if you want.

2. You need to turn on mobile canvas in gameprefab and click 'Use mobile input' toggle on in inputmanager comopnent

12. cousinehy

cousinehy

I did not yet import this asset but I already downloaded it. Is there any video tutorial for DarkTree FPS?

13. DarkTree

DarkTree

Search on YouTube 'DarkTree fps getting started '

14. cousinehy

cousinehy

DTFPS 1.4 - Getting Started
    Thank you.
    ;)

15. HotJamesGames

HotJamesGames

why is the free version depreciated?

16. jesseganey

jesseganey

It hasnt been upfated in a long time. Plus it might of been done in 2017.? and unity is dumping anything before 2018. I heard.

17. johny256

johny256

Integration Easy Buildink System? or crafting system?
    -Add Main menu In game menu and seting Save/Load Autosave
    -Crafting Gui
    -*Airdrop Love Rust game

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  18. LunyMoonraker

LunyMoonraker

I followed your youtube tutorial on changing the AI character. It worked, except the swapped character AI disappears after I kill him in the editor. Do you know a fix for that?
    Awesome package as usual, you're great at youtube and the asset, really good!

19. neo7team

neo7team

where is demo link?

20. DarkTree

DarkTree

Probably... Is your npc model missing ragdoll setup?

21. sas67uss

sas67uss

Where is documents?

22. alshttrbg

alshttrbg

Hey I have one question how do you add weapons with no animations in the game?:)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  23. johny256

johny256

Next Update?

24. DarkTree

DarkTree

Just leave animations fields empty

25. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello, do you need documents still? Can send you in PM if you want.

26. DarkTree

DarkTree

Can't tell you exact date of next update. Progress is going but slower than I expect due to lack of time. Focused on my project now

27. randybutternobzz

randybutternobzz

Hey, I was wondering if you ever fixed your problem because im kindof having the same problem but instead my tress bends/stretches black streaks when the camera/player gets near, any help would be great.

Attached Files:

28. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hey, I really cant help you with that because I'm sure that it's not asset issue. The tree has been shown on the video has an issue with instancing or shader. Another ones on the screenshot is clear shader error related to your mac gpu (not quite sure but some technical knowledge gives only one explanation of happened). The code in the project is just bunch of c# instructions and not affects any shaders or graphics features of Unity.

29. C01L

C01L

G'day. Can you please tell me how to make different footstep sounds on different surfaces (in my case, textures) in the GamePrefab? I'll be very thankful.

30. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello, terrain is not supported now, if you mean it's textures. But you can change collision tag for colliders you walking on. There is some predefined surfaces tags (metal, concrete, dirt, wood) and you can change sounds on WeaponHolder gameobject and FootstepsSound component.

31. C01L

C01L

Thanks a bunch for your support!

32. CyberRon

CyberRon

Hi.
    I have a problem with the new scene.
    There is an error while shooting.
    What am I doing wrong.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon.Fire () (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:449)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon.Update () (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:299)

EDIT
    Add to scene prefab "NPC&CoverList"

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  33. randybutternobzz

randybutternobzz

Hi,
    I cant kill my assault npc, I've baked nav mesh, added npcCoverlist, added player hit script and ragdoll but still nothing. can anyone help?

34. DarkTree

DarkTree

Have you seen getting started video yet?

35. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

@DarkTree I am so close to getting this game off the ground. I am doing my first test build. I am getting the following errors when building:
    • ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by DTSimplification ('Assets/DarkTree FPS/DTMeshWorks/Plugins/DTSimplification.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
      UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at <20b79eb59c0f467d8b1106b2110bc953>:0)
      UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at <20b79eb59c0f467d8b1106b2110bc953>:0)
      UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()
    • Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    • UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
      at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0027c] in <20b79eb59c0f467d8b1106b2110bc953>:0
      at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <20b79eb59c0f467d8b1106b2110bc953>:0
    Any ideas what this is about?

36. DarkTree

DarkTree

@Mad_Mark These errors are related to Meshworks plugin that is shipped with DTFPS. Remove Assets/DarkTree FPS/DTMeshWorks/Plugins/DTSimplification.dll. And dependent of library scripts

37. Jisafu

Jisafu

Hi, I have a lot of fun with DTFPS but now i have a problem, the assaulter don't react if the player shoot at him, so i don't can kill him

the error list:

Look rotation viewing vector is zero
    UnityEngine.Quaternion:LookRotation(Vector3)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Update() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:249)

Notify npc call: Distance is: 186,1149, and detection distance is: 0
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:print(Object)
    CoverList:NotifyNPCAboutShot(Vector3, Single) (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/CoverList.cs:25)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:Fire() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:449)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:Update() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:303)

Animator.GotoState: State could not be found
    UnityEngine.Animator:play(String)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Reload() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:349)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Fire() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:309)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Attack() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:267)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Update() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:260)

Invalid Layer Index '-1'
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Reload() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:349)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Fire() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:309)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Attack() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:267)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Update() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:260)

Game object with animator is inactive
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:OnDisable() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:1150)

Hope you can help me .....

38. Jisafu

Jisafu

strange when i type " : "& "p" it print :p

39. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello, these are not errors actually, just some warnings and log messages. Is there navmesh baked in your scene?

40. Jisafu

Jisafu

@DarkTree
    thanks for the quick respons.
    Yes, i have navmesh baked, i think it has to do with the "detection distance" warning. I have set it to 500 and 1000 (normal 150) but the warning give always 0

41. Jisafu

Jisafu

@DarkTree
    I dit some more tests, with the zombie is no problem to kill him but the assaulter don't work

now i have the following warnings (when shooting at the zombie and the assaulter, only the zombie is hit):

Scene persistence wasn't loaded due to condition mismatch
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour: print(Object)
    DTInventory.LevelPoint:Start() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/DT Inventory/Level Transition/LevelPoint.cs:29)

Look rotation viewing vector is zero
    UnityEngine.Quaternion:LookRotation(Vector3)
    DarkTreeFPS.NPC:Update() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/NPC.cs:249)

Notify npc call: Distance is: 179,6136, and detection distance is: 150
    CoverList:NotifyNPCAboutShot(Vector3, Single) (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/NPC/CoverList.cs:25)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:Update() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:299)

UnityEngine.Animator: Play(String)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:OnDisable() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:1150)

Animator.GotoState: State could not be found
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon: PlayFX() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:891)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:Fire() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:432)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:Update() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:303)

Invalid Layer Index '-1'
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon: PlayFX() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:891)
    DarkTreeFPS.Weapon:Fire() (at Assets/DarkTree FPS/Scripts/Weapon/Weapon.cs:432)

Notify npc call: Distance is: 195,2878, and detection distance is: 0

42. DarkTree

DarkTree

Are NPCs are default ones? No layer or other settings were changed by you?
    Anyway there was an error in code for bots hearing, I'll push fix with the next update.

43. Jisafu

Jisafu

@DarkTree
    The NPC's are the default ones, the layers are OK, and all changes are set to the original settings (when i make a change i first make a copy)
    I am not at home now and have a bad connection, next week a can do a new DTFPS download and try again.
    Now i take a brake for a few days.
    But thanks for the respons, i com back next week.

44. Jisafu

Jisafu

@DarkTree
    I found the problem, after downloading a clean version i export the package and than i imported the package to my game, that don't work. Now I import all the stuf from my game to the asset folder of a clean DTFPS version and it works. I think the export is to big, also when i skip all the demo files. But i am happy now, and it is a great asset to play and learn.

45. StephenGabrielHarper

StephenGabrielHarper

Hey all! when is the next update coming out? I saw the teaser for DawnWander and thought that the tarkov inspired mechanics were pretty cool. how much will be added to DarkTree 1.5?

46. need412_gmail_com

need412_gmail_com

Good time of day! Dear Developer of the Darktree package. I would like to combine several controllers into 1. My efforts are not very successful, can I count on your help? Of course not just like that))

47. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hi there. Write to darktreedevelopment@gmail.com please

48. Marianomiguel

Marianomiguel

Hello, how do I get enemies to shoot each other and not shoot at the player?

Greetings!

49. BobaFett3425

BobaFett3425

Hello
    Good asset
    But how can I drink ?
    The character always thirsts even though I have a bottle of water in the inventory, how can I use/drink it.
    Thank´s for answer

50. charitychild

charitychild

[QUOTE="DarkTree, post: 5090585, member: I'm getting a bull reference when I fire the weapon

unityunity