Search Unity

[RELEASED] Damaged Crates & Barrels

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlmightyGames, Jul 11, 2015.

?

How many variations of damaged crates and barrels would be enough for a package like this?

1. Just 1 is enough

2. 2 or 3 for each model

3. 3 to 5 is about right

4. 5 to 10 might prove useful

5. 10 to 20 would offer plenty of variety

6. 25 to 50 should cover all bases

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AlmightyGames

AlmightyGames

A Collection of 15 Crates and 15 Barrels broken up in a variety of different ways. Some crushed, some smashed, some burned, chopped, or disassembled. These 30 prefabs are ready to drag and drop into your scene, right out of the box! There are 2 bonus "Flaming Barrel" prefabs that demonstrate the use of particle effects. I've included Unity's particle effects along with the package in case you like to play with smoke and fire.

Also, included with the package is the original Blender 3D model of an undamaged crate and barrel. (For those of you who love to tinker with models). The 30 individual prefabs are just 30 different ways that these objects can be tarnished. If you are proficient with Blender, you may find more interesting ways to demolish these assets. Each wooden board is saved as its own individual object, making it easy to grab pieces and shuffle them around. Since the UV Map is set to a seamless texture, it's fairly easy to add or remove geometry (reshape the boards) without interfering too much with the graphic patterns. (better reserved for Blender geeks)

Although the crates and barrels in this package come with only one featured texture, it is easy to create your own. The textures were UV Mapped to the objects with a square seamless image. By providing your own square seamless graphic, it should be easy to swap out these graphics for your own. (You'll need to make your own normals maps. I recommend using Unity's normals map generator which is built right into Unity)

The idea of this asset is to allow developers to decorate an area with pre-destroyed crates and barrels. This might be good for a scene after a battle, or a ransacked dungeon (for example)

Check out our website at: http://www.squareforge.com/unity-assets.html
    Or find us in the Unity Asset Store at: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40296

NOTE: Please be kind in your replies, as this is my first Unity Asset Store contribution. I was extremely reluctant about sharing my work with the general public and chose something very generic just to get started.

Coming soon... "Damaged Clay Pottery"
    I hope you will enjoy!

Screenshots: