Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Curvy 2 - the ultimate spline solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jake-L, Sep 29, 2015.

1. koirat

koirat

@up I had got the same problem some time ago.
    You will probably not be able to do it the easy way. (if you manage please tell me how you did this)
    I had to change some of the curvy components to take data from outside, so I can reuse/share it in multiple places. (ex: multiplier curve)

2. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

Hi

From the screenshot, I can see that you are not using the latest Curvy version. As you can see in the screenshot bellow, I have the desired result with the latest version

upload_2021-3-27_18-31-19.png

I attached the scene file if needed
    Have a nice day

3. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

Hi

From the screenshot, I can see that you are not using the latest Curvy version. As you can see in the screenshot bellow, I have the desired result with the latest version

View attachment 823556

I attached the scene file if needed
    Have a nice day

Attached Files:

4. mutp

mutp

I tried what you said it works for the most part
    upload_2021-3-29_16-37-31.png

except here, where there seems to be a strange rotation
    upload_2021-3-29_16-37-51.png

using the same setup as in the scene you sent
    upload_2021-3-29_16-38-14.png

5. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

Probably because of a big change in the orientation at that point. Can you try, as an experience, to set the path resolution in the Shape Extrusion module to the maximum, while disabling Optimize?

6. mutp

mutp

That helped, thanks! I also tweaked the cross base value which helped as well.

Aka_ToolBuddy likes this.
  7. castor76

castor76

Humm, also, for spline controller to be relative, if I have Rectangle, I want 0.25 meaning 1/4 position along the total path distance, not each corner. I think this is a bug ? For relative mode the position has to be along the total distance of the path, not the control point?

8. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

Hi
    For spilne controllers, relative mode is equivalent to TF. Explanation here: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/controllers/start#position

9. castor76

castor76

Ok, fair enough, but I think there should be an option to use TF for relative mode or absolute mode like 0-1. Sure, we can just use absolute mode and do the division ourselves, but... that's another user step that we have to "calculate" if we want the object to start follow at say exactly 1/4 of the total distance... Give us option so that relative mode uses distance range from 0 - 1.

10. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

I agree with you. I am aiming at implementing this in a future update.

11. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

12. doukisan

doukisan

Hi! I'm searching for a spline asset which I could use to make 3D "islands" with premade tile border assets (just like your road with lights example), but for this I would need a Cap function to make the top part of this model.

Imagine a circle made with Curvy. The edges would be the model (like the road, but to serve as the edge of the island) and the top would be a simple plane which I could assign a tiling material to match with the border's material.

Would this be possible with Curvy? This is what I'm trying to achieve, but in 3D with splines:

13. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

Hi

If I understand you well, and this picture resembles to what you try to achieve, then yes you can do it via Curvy Splines

upload_2021-6-10_23-21-43.png

I attached the scene that I created to produce the above screenshot

Let me know if you have other question
    Have a nice day

Attached Files:

14. doukisan

doukisan

I noticed the Extrude function, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'd like to add a custom mech for the border and fill the center with a ngon mesh cap with a tiled material...

The edges of the extrusion are quite sharp and straight, I'd like to make a custom mesh to simulate the rocks and use that as a base

15. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

Then, if I understand you correctly, you can place the rocks on the borders using the Curvy Generator. In this tutorial you can get an idea about how to do it:

I will list bellow other features that might be helpful to make your island:
    Did this help?
    Have a nice day

doukisan likes this.
  16. doukisan

doukisan

Yes, this was very helpful. Thanks!

Just one more question, though... Would I be able to mark the generated mesh as static and bake lightmap information as any other meshes in scene?

17. Aka_ToolBuddy

Aka_ToolBuddy

Yes, all possible

unityunity