Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Who is developing this plugin now? Quick google search on the company told LIVENDA LABS PTY LTD has been de-registered since April 2018.

Additionally, when HDRP support comes, will it be in a separate package or included for free for existing CTAA customers?

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  3. CodeStarrk

CodeStarrk

Just bought this asset, adding CTAA_PC to my camera does nothing, what am I doing wrong? I am not in HDRP mode, I'm just in normal 3D mode. Linear color space, tried disabling post processing stack but that did nothing. It just simply doesnt do anything, how do I fix it? It works in example scenes only.

2019.2 by the way.

Edit: Ok so I figured out it only works when in play mode, enabling and disabling the CTAA_PC changes the imagery a bit, in fact enabling CTAA makes everything sharper which makes the aliasing stand out even more (VERY BAD), changing the sliders in the component doesn't even change anything, tested it in the demo scene and again it changes nothing. What am I doing wrong? Please help, is the asset broken or something?

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  4. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yes, livenda labs is the trading name now, structure has changed. When HDRP is supported it will most likely be a free update for all existing customers.

Hi, thanks for your purchase, please contact us via email and we will be more then happy to help as it seems like something is not right. Don't forget there are many adjustable parameters in CTAA so it can be used and targeted to many varied projects and their specific requirements. CTAA has been available for the last four years and is currently in use by hundreds of projects and has been well battle tested to be the leading Temporal AA solution now on Unity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unity Madness Sale Now On, Save Over 77%, https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/106995

5. CodeStarrk

CodeStarrk

Alright I sent the e-mail to info@livenda.com with a reference picture. Explained the problem that the sliders don't do anything and that Unity's TAA is performing better than CTAA sadly... Hope you can help

6. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thanks, we will try to get back ASAP, however please note the weekend is coming up so it could be on Friday or Monday. Also, it would be great if you can send a small project rather then just an image as it is 'temporal' you cannot just judge by an image, also it would be good to have a few textures in the scene as CTAA is not only for good for geometric anti-aliasing but also many other aliasing artifacts.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unity Madness Sale Now On, Save Over 77%, https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/106995

7. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

NEW CTAA V1.8 UPDATE COMING VERY SOON

- New Super-Sampling option when enabled provides an additional level of improvement when needed. Ultra Sharp, extreme quality.
    - New Sampling method improves overall Clarity for PC and VR (Oculus/OpenVR)
    - Updated UI to Simplify Different Modes so settings can be tweaked to target the required outcome easier/faster.
    - 'Possible' experimental HDRP support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LostPanda and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  8. silentneedle

silentneedle

Is there still a version of CTAA that works with Unity 2017?

9. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

The current version will work just fine with Unity 2017, you can download it with a compatible Unity version and either make a package and export it to import into 2017 or just copy the entire folder over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unity Madness Sale Now On, Save Over 77%,https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/106995

10. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Here is an older video of CTAA in 4K, watch in 4K if you are able to for better ON/OFF comparison.
    Lastly as we have announced, CTAA V1.8 is on it's way very soon!

Unity Madness Sale Now On, Save Over 77% Don't Miss Out!

11. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

Hi, just so I know for the future -- what's the state of getting a version of the effect working on android? With the quest release imminent, that would be a really great feature to have. It would allow for deferred rendering on mobile VR; otherwise we need to target forward rendering only.

Love the plugin so far for VR, thanks in advance

12. tspk91

tspk91

Looks amazing, but how is the performance impact compared to PP stack v2? Also, does it have console support (PS4)?

13. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We have successfully tested on other high end Android based mobile devices so it should work with the Quest, we are waiting on the quest to test. Please note this is in no acknowledgement of official support for Android, not yet anyway.

From all the tests we have performed with many many different scenes, CTAA is the fastest solution period. It will work on Consoles, please contact us with licensing info for console development if interested, thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unity Madness Sale Now On, Save Over 77% Don't Miss Out!

14. jacagugle

jacagugle

Hi @LIVENDA_LABS ,

I use your asset with Unity 2017.2.1f1. The Multi Pass works great but Single Pass shows only a black screen, nothing more. I tested it with my own project and with a clean new project with only CTAA (sample scene). I changed Settings to Single Pass so this is not the problem.
    Is there anything I can do to make Single Pass works with Unity 2017?

@Edit: Single Pass doesn't work with Unity 2017.2 and 2017.3, but it does work with Unity 2017.4.25f1. So I need to change my question to:
    Is there anything I can do to make Single Pass works with Unity 2017.2?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  15. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Due to relevant differences between these versions it is not possible or viable performance vise, are you not able to use Unity 2017.4.25? We will however take another look for you to see if there is anything else we can do to make Single Pass work with 2017.2

16. jacagugle

jacagugle

I was worry about moving to 2017.4 because our project is in very advanced stage (moving to 2018 wasn't able). But I did this and it seems that project works fine (2017.4). So there is no need to make it work with 2017.2 for me. Thanks that you wanted to help and make it works with .2 :)

17. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

You are welcome, also, we recommend if you can, to use multi-pass in VR with CTAA, it is slightly better quality.

18. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA V1.7 CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING UNITY PC & VR, MADNESS SALE Now On, Save Over 77%, Don't Miss Out! Asset Store

CTAA is the leading Temporal Anti-Aliasing Solution for Unity 2019 and Beyond

19. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING VS OTHER UNITY Anti-Aliasing Options Stress Test

CTAA V1.7 CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING UNITY PC & VR, MADNESS SALE Now On, Save Over 77%, Don't Miss Out! , Ending Soon Asset Store

20. WildStyle69

WildStyle69

Hello,

Great looking asset, purchased last week -- agree with others, that we need an option to exclude certain layers / UI. I'm also working in a VR project and what happens the UI and text is still a blocker for using this asset... although I do understand it's better than previous versions.

// WildStyle

FlightOfOne likes this.
  21. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thanks, we are actively working on this request as others have also mentioned it, hopefully it should not be much longer. It is however partly related to how quickly Unity will fix a bug which is stopping us from doing this quickly.

22. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Unity MADNESS SALE ENDS IN TWO DAYS, Save Over 77%, Don't Miss Out, Asset Store

LostPanda likes this.
  23. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

We are having an issue with CTAA where raycasts are not accurate due to the projection matrix of the camera being jittered by the CTAA_PC.cs script. We have had to store the cameras projection matrix before it is jittered and reapply that matrix as the last operation of OnRenderImage. Is there a better way to solve this?

24. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Did this is method work for you? You are talking about UI events? Are you able to provide us with a sample project? as we have not had anyone mention this before, Thanks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unity MADNESS SALE ENDS IN ONE DAY, Save Over 77%, Don't Miss Out, Asset Store

LostPanda likes this.
  25. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

LAST DAY, Unity MADNESS SALE ENDS, Save Over 77%, Don't Miss Out, Asset Store

26. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Hi,

I picked this up yesterday, what folders are absolutely necessary for VR Single pass and which ones can I delete. In the read me it says don't remove the demos folder, why do I need to keep this? I would like to delete all non-essential files.

Another question, can I selectively apply this to only given layers? @LIVENDA_LABS

Thanks!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  27. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

This should outline how to replicate the issue

To replicate enable CTAA PC and then run this code from a monobehaviour update.

Code (CSharp):
    1. var ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay(Input.mousePosition);
    2. Debug.Log(string.Format("({0}, {1}, {2})", ray.direction.x, ray.direction.y, ray.direction.z));
    upload_2019-5-15_15-50-23.png

We have a Top-Down camera so any interaction with the world is affected as the position on the floor under the cursor is inconsistent. This is for getting the world position under the cursor, not for UI

To fix this we have done the following. This stores the matrix of the camera when the CTAA script awakes and then after the screen is blit'd to the shader we set it back to that initial matrix. This was just a quick fix, there's probably a better way to do this.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Matrix4x4 _unJitteredMatrix;
    2. void Awake ()
    3. {
    4.         _unJitteredMatrix = GetComponent<Camera>().projectionMatrix;
    5.        [....]
    6. }
    8. void OnRenderImage (RenderTexture source, RenderTexture destination)
    9. {
    10.       [....]
    11.       GetComponent<Camera>().projectionMatrix = _unJitteredMatrix;
    12. }

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  28. saxovr

saxovr

@LIVENDA_LABS Sorry but are you saying that the current version supports mobile VR such as oculus Go or soon quest or even standard android mobile. Up until now you have said you dont support mobile VR? Or is this coming in the next version. Please clarify? and also how the exlude unity UI Canvas from CTAA for clarity going? Thanks!

29. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Only the the Livenda CTAA SPS folder files are required, you can also delete the demo folder in there

Thanks, I have forwarded this to our main programmer and he is taking a look for other suggestions.

CTAA works fine with Android devices (OpenGL 3.2 or Vulkan) however the performance of some of these devices are still restrictive to be able to be used in real life situations.

FlightOfOne likes this.
  30. talofen

talofen

Any insight on the ETA of the SRP-compatible update? I bought the pack and did not realize it didn't work with LWRP and HDRP....

31. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

Thanks for passing it through, other than that issue we are happy with the tool

32. McDev02

McDev02

I tried this in my project and I have a lot of issues with ghosting. It seems that the blending happens over 2 seconds.
    Moving objects have a tail behind them and generally look blurry, even if they have slow animations.
    With objects attached to the mouse I can literrally draw on the screen.

With Unity's TAA I don't have such issues, the image only is a bit blurry when the camera moves but for a much shorter duration. Also I touched nearly every slider but I don't believe that I can see any changes at all. I am using the PC ImageEffect.

blend.jpg

33. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Please disable ' Anti-Shimmer ' mode as this is Only for Visualisation purposes, it is not meant to be on for general use. This will cause black lines and ghosting on dynamic objects.

34. tspk91

tspk91

Where should I contact you for console support?

35. McDev02

McDev02

I was using V1.3, that doesn't have this mode. After updating to 1.7 the same thing happens, Anti-Shimmer increases this effect a lot, as you said.

Attached Files:

• pc.jpg
      pc.jpg
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
  36. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

Try to reduce the "Temporal Jitter Scale" and Increase "Temporal Stability" with enough trial and error with the sliders you can pinpoint what the cause is and reduce the artefacts.

We found that some other Image effects could ruin the image, try to disable every other effect you have to see if that helps then enable one by one. You may have to put problem effects after the CTAA script in exec order

37. McDev02

McDev02

Ok thanks I was abel to improve it by decreasing Temporal Stability. I only have to check if I get some specular highlight flicker now.

38. tspk91

tspk91

Why does the plugin require that the camera renders a depthnormals texture (forcing the flag in the camera)? It is extra work for the camera and memory that could be freed, the simple depth texture would suffice.

39. thinkdifferentt

thinkdifferentt

when we will have the update for the new HDRP render pipeline?

40. TheFoundation

TheFoundation

Is there any progress or timeline for this camera jitter issue?

Here is my workaround:

Code (CSharp):
    2.     Vector3 screenPos;
    3.     Camera.main.CTAADejitter(() => screenPos = Camera.main.WorldToScreenPoint(worldPos));
    4.     ...

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public static class CTAAExtensions
    2.     {
    3.         public static void CTAADejitter(this Camera cam, System.Action action)
    4.         {
    5.             var worldToCameraMatrix = cam.worldToCameraMatrix;
    6.             var projectionMatrix = cam.projectionMatrix;
    7.             cam.ResetWorldToCameraMatrix();
    8.             cam.ResetProjectionMatrix();
    9.             action?.Invoke();
    10.             cam.worldToCameraMatrix = worldToCameraMatrix;
    11.             cam.projectionMatrix = projectionMatrix;
    12.         }
    13.     }

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  41. mgear

mgear

great plugin so far!
    but are there any workarounds for the UI issue? (multipass, 2nd camera, or something else?)

FlightOfOne likes this.
  42. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yes, you can comment it out, it is not required, it was in there for testing purposes.

Thanks for sharing, looks fine to me, were still looking at other methods and will let you know as soon as we have some progress on this, thanks again.

The HDRP pipeline unfortunately at this stage has many many issues and is constantly being updated with almost zero documentation. Also we are waiting for PPSV3. We do have a version for HDRP however we need to wait until the HDRP is more established.

Thanks! This has been asked before and we are certainly looking at this now and will keep everyone posted on the progress.

tspk91 likes this.
  43. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

I have the Oculus Quest; wondering if there might be a hack somehow to make it work ? I've tried SPS without success. Thanks

44. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Was this ever implemented? If so I can't seem to find this. I want to ignore text (UI). Thanks.

45. studiodigilog

studiodigilog

Hi,

When using CTAA to create stereo VR 360 video movies (not realtime CTAA usage for game), should I use CTAA for PC or CTAA for VR? The movies are rendered on a PC but the end users will be using VR medium to watch the 360 videos such as GearVR, Oculus Go, Google Day dream etc...

Thanks you for shedding the light on this.

46. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

I'm still waiting as well... was hoping after 8 months we'd have a bit more information. I still can't use the asset because of this. :( I know you guys have mentioned there's a Unity issue blocking things, can you get into more detail as to what it is? Is there anything we can do to help expedite things, or potentially help with an alternate solution?

FlightOfOne likes this.
  47. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

If you are desperate, you can do this. What I am doing now is using a second camera for UI text. If this is a world space UI (this is my case) you will see this through objects because of the camera depth. My in-game quick menu (esc menu?) this works ok since I am ok with it being seen through objects. I still can't do anything about world space text and others that need sharpness. E.g. my gauges have text, and they are almost unreadable. If I use a second camera for this I will see these through other objects -probably there's solution but I haven't had the time to look. I am of course doing this in single pass VR.

Very least I'd be happy with having sort of a clipping plane. Only apply to CTAA to things that are beyond a certain distance. Because I am only really using this for trees. All near objects do not need this. In fact this degrades the quality of nearby things in VR. I want that sharpness for near objects. When I say near I mean within 2 meters or less.

I am beginning to wonder if this is the right solution for VR.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  48. Effekt-Etage

Effekt-Etage

Sent a DM regarding CTAA purchase outside of the assetstore. Would be grateful for assistance regarding accessing the the assetstore version. Thanks!

49. Ward101

Ward101

You mentioned it's possible to exclude CTAA on per layer basis.
    I'm using CTAAVR_SPS , but was not able to find how to filter out a layer. Can you point me how to do that?
    Thanks!

EDIT: I read there's a Unity bug blocking this feature. Can you confirm this? Thanks again!

50. mgear

mgear

i did try using 2nd camera for worldspace ui, and it works since i wanted the elements to be on top of everything (they were made out of textmeshpro and quad mesh panel), but actually without AA it was so flickery that ended up using
    CTAA for ui elements also.. (its still readable from near, but not too far though).. probably should have added some other antialias for the 2nd camera.