Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, Physical camera is not currently enabled, it should be available in the next update. We have received your email and was just about to get back to you. If you wish we can send you the version with physical camera support as soon as it is ready, it is not a hard thing to incorporate so it should not take too long, thanks again.

---------------------------------------------------
    CTAA is currently on Special, Our biggest discount yet more then 60% OFF at ONLY $75 for two weeks only!! ASSET STORE

2. FutureWang

FutureWang

Thanks for your message, It is exciting to hear that. I hope to get it as soon as possible. And hope HDRP support too! Have good day!

3. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

No Problem, thank you again.

CTAA is currently on Special, Our biggest discount yet more then 60% OFF at ONLY $75 for two weeks only!! ASSET STORE

4. eovento

eovento

Apart from all sequence of bad reviews on the store, I came here to read in more details and decided to go on with the purchase now that it's on sale. My target device is Oculus Go - which is Android VR. The only thing I need to know (and I would need the information before the sale period is over) is if CTAA works as well on this Android VR device. I'm asking as I haven't found any info on this here or in the store page. Actually, someone else asked about it here before and was absolutely ignored... I'm giving a second try on this information for any other possible customer focused on mobile VR. Thank you very much, and have you all a great day!

5. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi and thanks for your interest, current version of CTAA will not work with Android based devices primarily due to shader and hardware performance limits. We are however looking at alternative methods to bring CTAA to Oculus GO in future versions.

6. ElinH

ElinH

We bought this asset for $110,00 USD on the 27.04.2017 when it was first released outside of the asset store.
    Since then we wrote a lot of eMails asking for the current version or access to the asset store download.
    Sometimes we got an answer which just says they gonna send us the new version in a couple of days. This never happened. When we asked again we just got ignored.
    We asked for an update download on the 16.05.2017; 25.06.2017; 16.05.2018; 04.07.2018;...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  7. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, I'm certain we have already sent the latest version to everyone who purchased before it was on the assetstore couple of years ago, can you please contact us immediately again and I will make sure you get it now. Cheers!

8. ElinH

ElinH

9. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Done! We have sent you a voucher code for the Unity Assetstore to download the latest version and this way you can update to the future versions quickly, thanks again.

----------------------------------------------

10. ElinH

ElinH

Got it. Finally
    Thank you

11. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

If anyone purchased CTAA before it was on the Asset Store please contact us so we can send you the download link for the latest version if you haven't done so already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

12. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

LAST DAY!

13. eagle555

eagle555

I also purchased it before the Asset Store and have send a few emails asking for the latest version without reply. I send an email again yesterday to `support@livenda.com`. Please send me the latest version too.

Nathaniel

14. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Check your e-mail, Asset Store Voucher code has been sent, all the best!

--------------------------------------------------------
    LAST DAY!

15. eagle555

eagle555

Thanks, but I checked my e-mail and I didn't receive it, also checked the spam folder. Can you DM with Start Conversation to my Unity account instead?

16. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

DM sent, also I just checked and the email was sent, did you check the other folders? anyways you should have the voucher code now, cheers.

--------------------------------------------------------
    LAST DAY!

17. eagle555

eagle555

Yes I checked everything, no email. Thanks, yes got it now, testing atm and seems to work well so far.

18. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Single Pass VR is working in 2019 now with VRWorks together, doesn't it ?

19. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, we only officially support final releases however the current version of CTAA works brilliantly with Unity 2019 Beta so far. All options are supported including Single Pass in VR.

Also on a different note:
    CTAA V1.7 is Coming Very Soon with some GREAT improvements and New additions this week!

20. saxovr

saxovr

Hi. in 1.7, did you come up with a solution to exclude GUI layers in 2018.3 Single Pass VR? I really want to use this on my VR project but it is an issue that GUI image layers get smudged. I need to exclude them somehow (layers, tags)?

21. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

Same question here - have already purchased the asset, but having serious difficulty using it in the project due to how difficult UI is to read.

Currently have CTAA disabled (which is disappointing for something that looks great when it works), and have been expecting this feature since November, unable to use CTAA until the feature is in.

22. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I just asked, because it has been an issue for somebody here, and i already swapped to 2019.2, and am happy with that.

btw. plz watch our facebook conversation once !

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  23. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

HDRP? Would be great if VR can be push to the side already.

24. Catabtr23

Catabtr23

Hi Livenda_Labs,

Firstly, I want to say that this is an awesome asset and thank you for sharing him with us!

Right now, I use CTAA SPS in a VR application. Also in that application, I use Massive Clouds asset from store. The problem is that these don't work together. If I try to use Massive Clouds when CTAA SPS is enabled, CTAA stop work. I tried to change in Massive Clouds script Inspector the property Camera Event(which I think specify when the clouds to be rendered) and the CTAA worked when I had chosen "After Image Effects", but still the objects in the scene became to have blurry edges. I am trying to make it work with "After Skybox" camera event. It would be awesome if you know better what I am trying to resolve.

Massive Clouds is created to work in VR Single Pass mode.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  25. keeponshading

keeponshading

...(I'm not going to 100% grantee it yet) we will provide layer selection for multipass VR mode and PC in the next update.

Hi. Any update for layer selection in PC Mode.

26. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

It is impossible to tell what 'Massive Clouds' is doing without having the plugin and it is not trivial just to make it work, perhaps you can contact the developer and they can contacts us to see if we can find a solution. Don't forget , with any temporal process such as CTAA and others, motion vectors are required for everything and the clouds are not providing them.

We are still working on this and have contacted Unity to fix their Bug which stops us from rendering the UI into RT's correctly. We are however still looking at other methods just in-case Unity takes a long time to fix.

27. TheWarper

TheWarper

Does it work with the VR LWRP in 2019.1? I'm toggling the CTAAVR_SPS script on the cam but it appears to have no effect.

Maybe it's not supported until the VR LWRP is out of preview?

BR, BW,
    R

28. keeponshading

keeponshading

What role has the UI when it comes to layer selection in PC Mode?
    There is now UI involved.

29. keeponshading

keeponshading

after upgrade to Unity 2019.1.0f2 CTAA is not working anymore.

to reproduce. I use
    BuiltIn Render Pipeline
    and on camera in this order

PostProcessingLayer (latest Package from PackageManager)
    CTAA_PC

Render output is black.
    After disabling CTAA_PC render output is back.

Worked before in all Unity 2018.x versions.

Could you please provide an update?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  30. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We are actively working to bring SRP support, it will probably be for HDRP first then LWRP (No motion vectors provided either in PC mode or VR)

Can you clarify your question as I don't really understand it, as it stands it is not possible to render Unity worldspace UI to a render texture correctly until they fix the bug.

CTAA works perfectly with Unity 2019.1.0f2 , Two things: The new PPS stack has a selection at the bottom called ' Direct to Camera Target ' This is ON by default, make sure to un-check this as it will disable all other custom effects in the camera stack not just CTAA. The second thing, make sure to place CTAA 'after' the PPS layer.

PPS_directtocamera.png

shredingskin likes this.
  31. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Rendering it to a rendertexture looks really good, but maybe i also misunderstand sth. here ^^
    Btw.: I achieve a little bit better TextOutput when using TextMeshPro instead of Text only.
    But i am still working on a good solution.

tmlab likes this.
  32. keeponshading

keeponshading

Thanks. Disabling Direct to Camera Target solved it.

UNITY_RT_05-1480x833 (2).jpg

I can explain current problem better with this screenshot.
    We stream booth UI screens you see here from 2 seperate Unity.exe to the main interior scene.
    You can realtime interact with these UI's and you see interactive screen movements.
    Because these streams are texture streams to the interior display geometry of the screens every movement is smearing.
    Other but similar use case is running a movietexture on these displays. These are smeared too.
    So a layered CTAA for PC should not work on these texture streams on the car displays surfaces and only antialias the car geometry of the interior what it does great.
    To reproduce simply integrate a quad with running movietexture in one of your testscenes and run the movie.

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  33. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Wooowwww !!!

I am on Vive VR Singlepass, but my movies look awesome on my displays.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  34. keeponshading

keeponshading

Looks great. Do you have the same quality by switching to monoscopic with CTAA PC?

35. karonte

karonte

HI all. I bought this asset long time ago. I like it but, can you share another voucher code to download from asset store? So i can download every new update...

36. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I am on singlepass, CTAA SPAA & VRWORKS, so yes.

37. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Wow, that looks great! are you using RTX raytracing? Regarding your question, CTAA requires motion vectors to resolve and movietextures do not have them, this is actually not related to CTAA, All temporal anti-aliasing systems require motion vectors, CTAA provides the clearest output in comparison to all others in this situation.

38. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA V1.7 AVAILABLE NOW & MORE THEN 50% SAVING UNTIL THE END OF THIS MONTH! NORMALLY $195, now only $89

large.png

CTAA V1.7 Has many Improvements and new additions for both PC & VR including the all new Anti-Shimmer mode for PC and Dynamic Sharpness for Single Pass Stereo and OpenVR (Steam VR) variants . We strongly encourage everyone who owns CTAA to update to this version. Here is a short list of the changes and updates.

- Global Performance and Quality enhancement for All variants

- NEW ANTI-SHIMMER MODE added to PC Version, completely eliminates micro-shimmer, Suitable for Architectural Visualization, CAD, Engineering, Auto, Design and Manufacture or for any project requiring the Highest Quality Visuals.

- NEW Adaptive Sharpness mode in Steam VR version increasing perceptual sharpness with almost zero performance impact

- Overall much better Visual quality improvement in Steam VR / OpenVR mode compatible with Oculus and the VIVE hmd's

- NEW Adaptive Sharpness mode in Single Pass Stereo VR version increasing perceptual sharpness with almost zero performance impact

- Improved compatibility with Unity 2019.1

- NEW 'Engine' PC Demo Added showing the new Anti-Shimmer Mode together with MSAA. This combination provides Industry leading highest quality Anti-Aliasing for your projects at the highest performance

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  39. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Text output in VR has changed dramatically !!!
    Looks really good !

40. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

meh. No Hdrp? :(

41. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

This asset is out for a long, long time, and it never supported preview stuff.
    and 2019 came out of preview about 3 or 4 days before the update, so this support is also missing yet.
    They will work on it, i am sure.

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  42. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thanks!

We are working on it ;)

43. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

New CTAA V1.7 Comparison Stress Tests VS Other Anti-Aliasing Options ON SALE NOW SAVE ABOVE 50%

These videos show almost worst-case scenarios with extreme Specular / Texture/ Normal and Geometric aliasing. The Unity TAA used was the default setting from the latest PP2 stack Unity 2019. CTAA using the new anti-shimmer mode. Please wtach in HD as the videos are compressed and does not reflect the quality of AA but provides a fairly good indication.

madrobotMK likes this.
  44. madrobotMK

madrobotMK

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  45. seb_m

seb_m

Hi, I just bought your asset and I can't unfortunately use it
    I use a custom projection matrix and it seems to be incompatible.
    What would be the way to make it work ?

46. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, we would be glad to help, can you please contact us via e-mail and provide us further details perhaps a small example project, thanks again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CTAA V1.7 ON SALE NOW SAVE ABOVE 50%

47. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Another Quick Comparison Stress Tests VS Other Unity Anti-Aliasing Options ON SALE NOW SAVE ABOVE 50%

madrobotMK likes this.
  48. thinkdifferentt

thinkdifferentt

Hi!

I just had bought the license of your package, and i need help on setting it up propertly to make it work on the hdrp render pipeline for the unity 2019.1 version.

Because i don't understand really well the:

". CTAA must be placed in the middle of V2 post-processing stack. "

It means i should write:

UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_CTAA_V2?
    UNITY_CTAA_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2?
    UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2_CTAA?

i don't know.

It would be awesome to have a little tutorial on how to set it up correctly and make it work on the hdrp pipeline

49. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Current version of CTAA is not supported in the HDRP pipeline, we are working on this at this moment and should not be much longer, including LWRP and finally VR support. Thanks again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CTAA V1.7 ON SALE NOW SAVE ABOVE 50%

50. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

TheWarper and madrobotMK like this.