Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Thorgalson

Thorgalson

Just got the latest version (1.5) and using Unity 2018, and somehow all text rendering on worldspace canvas are broken and blurry. We are using steamVR on a multi pass & deferred setup and 2 VR cameras. Funny thing is that previous version on unity 2017, text were rendering just fine.

Any workaround please?

Thanks you in advance.

2. RPowers

RPowers

My world canvas texts are also pretty blurry. It gets better the higher my render scale is but even set above 1 whenever you move the headset the texts blur. Not game breaking but it is noticeable and doesn’t look good. Everything else looks great. I’m using unity 2018.2, ctaa 1.5, singlepass

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  3. 4sascha

4sascha

Did someone found a solution for the for the text blur on world canvas?
    Unity 2018.2.8f1, CTAA 1.5, Singlepass, VRTK

Could it be possible to render world canvas with a second camera over first cam. I did an inital test but no sucess.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We are looking at multiple ways to mitigate this, possibly providing a layer mask to selectively disable CTAA on objects such as UI Canvas. This should be easier and more performant on the SinglePass version. We will keep everyone updated on our progress as I thing it is an important feature addition.

Mark_01 and therewillbebrad like this.
  5. RPowers

RPowers

Thanks, that would be a great addition.

6. 4sascha

4sascha

very good news.

imagine a car interieur in mono and stereo vrtk mode.
    there are several displays with

1) display geometry with movie texture
    2) display geometry with projected world space canvas (over render texture)
    3) pure world space canvas

providing a layer mask or for a script for these to disable CTAA selectively is the last missed functionality and would allow use CTAA for never scene quality.

I could provide you an simple test file with all these when interrested.

7. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thank you very much for your input and offer to help, we don't need a test file at this stage as having some type of selective targeting will provide the solution you require. We will keep everyone posted once we have a viable method, it looks like at this stage, at least, we 'should' be able to include this in the new SinglePass CTAA. Please note this does not imply this option will be available or included with CTAA however we will try, thanks again.

Mark_01 and therewillbebrad like this.
  8. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

HDRP any news?

9. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We are still looking at this, Unity should really provide more info regarding proper integration/ conversion methods from standard pipeline to HDRP, also, as it stands HDRP is still in beta with no VR support. We will certainly let everyone know when we get this working.

Mark_01 likes this.
  10. RPowers

RPowers

How about fixing the UI blur / adding layer masks? Any news on that?

CTAA is looking great in my game btw! It's performing well and kills white pixel artifacts which is an issue I've been unable to solve for a long time.

11. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thanks! We should be making an announcement shortly regarding the next coming update which should include an option to disregard CTAA on certain layers such as UI. Please note this will only 'initially' be available on Single Pass VR mode.

Mark_01 and RPowers like this.
  12. sasa42

sasa42

Hi,
    are there some UI layering news vor SP VR?
    It's really needed in our scenario.
    Hope you find a way to bring same extension to monocopic too.

13. contempt

contempt

Any word on when you might be able to provide a voucher so I can get the latest CTAA via the Asset Store. I haven't received any notifications of updates since I purchased directly from Livenda.com? Thanks!

14. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We have great news to share! CTAA V1.6 should be available on the Asset Store next-week and it includes Layer selection in Single Pass stereo VR mode (so users can omit or include specific elements such as UI) as well as a few other enhancements and fixes for all the other platforms.

Hi, Unfortunately we do not have any free vouchers left as Unity only allows 12 per year. Contact us and we will send you a Direct link via Dropbox for the latest version immediately. Please also specify if you want 2017 compatibility so we can provide you versions for both 2018 and 2017

Mark_01 likes this.
  15. NoobDoAAA

NoobDoAAA

Mark_01 and LIVENDA_LABS like this.
  16. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thank you! We have a new update coming as mentioned which provides layer masking options in Single Pass VR as well as further enhancements/ performance improvements for all other supported platforms.

Mark_01 and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  17. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thank you, it is a very good read and explanation , and the pics are very good to show the changes :)

18. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Mark_01 likes this.
  19. 747423517

您好,为什么CTAA对HDRP环境没有影响?

20. Korindian

Korindian

Hi, I'm having the same jitter problem as @jjejj87 when using Camera.WorldToScreenPoint() with the camera that CTAA is on.

Thanks to the workaround he provided, I was able to avoid the issue. Are there any plans on fixing this?

21. Korindian

Korindian

Also, the docs seem to be out of date. There are a few sliders that are not documented. Some of the sliders don't seem to affect anything.

22. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. Any updates on V1.6? Really looking forward to the layer selection.

23. Suki-W

Suki-W

^ this

24. saxovr

saxovr

Hi. I am using CTAA 1.5 in a scene where I have some screens with Text or images on. It is using SteamVR and a VR HMD with the Singe Pass rendering and CTAVR_SPS component. My problem is that CTAA enabled makes the readable text on the screens slightly blurred. The other stuff in the scene looks great. I know this might be a trade off, but does anyone know of a way to basically exclude the screens from being processed by CTAA. Something like do not process this gameobject or it's children. I have tried adding the DynamicObjectCTAASPS component but that doesnt seem to do anything. The screens are basically images showing screenshots and also remote desktop windows from your own pc (your pc desktop). I want to use CTAA but not at the expense of the PC desktop or images being blurred. Thanks in advance.

25. saxovr

saxovr

Anyone tried getting the CTAVR_SPS to work in Oculus Go. I added it to my Oculus camera rig centre eye anchor where the camera is but when I loaded it on the Go, the screen was all white and didnt work. I am running SinglePass using Oculus SDK with Single Camera.

26. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

HDRP is currently not supported however we are working on it

Already submitted, contact us if you want it faster

We have a solution for this already and should be included in V1.7 update in the meanwhile this fix is OK to use if you need it.

V1.6 provides the ability to exclude CTAA on per layer basis (Single Pass mode only ) and this is possibly the most feasible workaround at this stage for all UI related situations.

CTAA is not currently supported on the Oculus Go at this stage, perhaps in the near future.

27. Mark_01

Mark_01

Oculas is coming out with a new product that will be adopted more then " Go " Imho .. in the long run I think

@LIVENDA_LABS I do not know if you have seen this or not.. it is wire less but almost full power rift with better
    resolution as well, i believe. I think people may be asking about this next year..

https://www.oculus.com/quest/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  28. RPowers

RPowers

Great! Can you send me V1.6 as soon as you can? Would really appreciate it. I've sent an email to both info & support @livenda.com. Thanks

29. saxovr

saxovr

I have emailed you as requested 5 days ago to info and support email addresses to request a 1.6 download link (invoice included in email) but have heard nothing. Please send info if you can ASAP.

Thanks!

30. RPowers

RPowers

Also still waiting for the download.
    Edit: email received saying it'll be sent within the next 48 hrs.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  31. IkigaiMonkey

IkigaiMonkey

Just another bump hoping to have HDRP support for this!
    I know you are working on that, just adding to the hype :D

32. RPowers

RPowers

@LIVENDA_LABS Did something with V1.6 go wrong? Still waiting on the download link. I understand if it gets delayed but I'd just like to know what the status of it is so I can plan things accordingly. Thanks.

33. saxovr

saxovr

@RPowers I have no idea why this happens but it seems to happen everytime there is a release from them. They talk as thought the release is ready and "awaiting app store approval" but as the history of this thread shows, it then takes weeks to get the release out and the download links. What I dont understand is that the product is in fact really good and they do eventually deliver the version they talk about, so I simply dont understand this tactic. I fear it is some tactic used as a carrot to get people excited for the next release and/or to convince people to buy the asset whilst it was on sale but in reality this 1.6 release is still not ready. Why else would you send emails, saying "I will send you the link in 48 hours"?! Just send the damn dropbox link. It must either exist or not but creating a link to a file doesnt not take over a week! Fishy as usual.....

34. RPowers

RPowers

It does seem odd. I'd understand and be sympathetic if last minute bugs were found that need to be fixed causing a delay of the release, but at the very least they should let us know whats up. I do agree that this product is quite good and there's nothing on the store that can match it's quality boost to VR apps as far as I know, but their responsiveness and transparency needs work. I'm going to release my game on Steam soon and the layer selection feature is one of the last things I would like in there before I push it out, but I also don't want to delay it waiting for the download link from Livenda.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  35. multimediamark

multimediamark

Why is your asset is no longer available on asset store?

36. Bodyclock

Bodyclock

I think that's an issue with the Asset Store at the moment, rather than this specific product. There seem to be some problems.

37. Suki-W

Suki-W

^this

Flurgle likes this.
  38. RPowers

RPowers

No word whatsoever regarding V1.6. I resolved the layer selection issue myself using a dual camera setup, but wow it's very irritating being ignored by Livenda time and time again.

39. saxovr

saxovr

Hi. Any chance you can share your solution? I need it too. Is there a performance hit from using 2 cameras? Can you still use singlepass in settings?

40. RPowers

RPowers

Can't share it, but all it really takes is copying your "Camera (head)" game object if your using SteamVR and setting the newly copied camera's clear flags to don't clear and culling mask to your UI layer. I haven't noticed any significant performance hit and yes single pass works.

41. timoctrl

timoctrl

Has anyone used this with the Vive Pro? Rift and old Vive seem to work great and this is a big step forward in render quality, but with the Vive Pro the effect doesn't really work as expected: small details are still jagged and large details get blurry. Any advances to be expected on that front?

42. castor76

castor76

Screw you Livenda. You ran away with my money last time ignoring my emails and emails from Unity staff about your last asset SSRR. Where is my SSRR? you are the absolute the worst asset store seller in the history of Unity asset store. BIG Screw YOU. Buyers beware! Research and read about the seller you are buying from.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    dienat and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  43. RPowers

RPowers

Livenda has gone dark for a month now. No idea what happened to V1.6 which was supposedly ready for distribution. Very frustrating.

44. castor76

castor76

The same thing happened for their last asset SSRR. It went silent, never responds to the refund request, even from Unity staff themselves. Then the assets suddenly gets deprecated. Probably the same thing happened to all other assets they were selling. So, Eventually, Unity got rid of them by banning them from the forum.

I was promised to have the bug fixed and the update to the asset, because right after buying the asset it was not working, it had bugs and the Unity version compatibility issue. Then they never did that, disappeared. Contacted them in any manner possible, ( forum, email ) even Unity staff tried to contact them but no replies. They knew they were going to abandon their product, but told false promise to buy some time and then ran away...

This is just not me...Just search for Livenda issue.. so many buyers got basically scammed with such a lack of support.

And then now, Unity allows them to come back to the asset store again. Unity doesn't seem to care?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    dienat likes this.
  45. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

Agreed, it would be great to get an update. It looks like the Asset Store is saying the latest release is version 1.5, released on Dec. 11th? I downloaded 1.5 from the asset store a while before that point, was there an update pushed to version 1.5 on the asset store without a versioning update?

46. Unplug

Unplug

Hello,
    when i press "play" in editor, the filter produce some kind of vertical line like if it was an old tv film with dust running up and down. When i disable / enable the filter while it is playing, it remove the unwanted effect but now produce a slow and long blur. the image does get beautful, but since its stretching time so much, everything that move seem blured. Anyone experience that ???

tested on a scene containing
    Beautify
    SSAO pro

and that's it in term of visual feature. It use vegetation studio and aquas but i doubt it has anything to do

47. Kubic75

Kubic75

Definately true.
    C´mon Unity guys, please think about a solution......

48. Unplug

Unplug

so I guess i will never get a reply and never get this plugin to work. it's such a waste of money i can't believe it. You think its gonna be premium asset and premium support at this price and that unity wouldn't allow such an asset to exist at this price without any support behind it. :(

49. RPowers

RPowers

Btw CTAA is messed up in Unity 2019.1. I'm using VR single pass. There's weird jitter issues. I guess if I want to use CTAA I can never upgrade Unity versions

dienat likes this.
  50. Unplug

Unplug

the asset is submited by 2018.2.3 and 2019 is beta, dont expect it to work people are still updating their asset for 2018...

that said when i bought it, it was for 2017, but now i cant even download it because my project is in 2017 and unity ask me to update unity to download the asset. so I cant use my 200$ garbage asset. great !!