Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Everyone who requested the early download link to V1.5 of CTAA should have received the information by now, please contact us asap if you have not received it yet and we will send it again, also, please check your inbox to be sure. Thanks!

TheWarper likes this.
  2. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

I haven't received it and I sent an email to support@livenda.com and Info@livenda.com last week. I just resent an email to both of those addresses and I have also sent you two messages through the forum.

3. rasto61

rasto61

can anyone confirm they received v1.5?

therewillbebrad likes this.
  4. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I've seen and suffered this story in the past, from this same developer, people, report this to Unity. Asset update should be done via store. This email crap is just to troll customers.

5. RPowers

RPowers

I received an email saying I should receive V1.5 soon... that was yesterday morning. What's soon mean? How hard is it to send the download? Starting to get a little irritated with Livenda. I've never seen any Unity asset publisher operate in this fashion, and I've dealt with many publishers all of which were able to provide much better customer service.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  6. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

@LIVENDA_LABS - I requested access to 1.5 to all email addresses I could find last week, no response yet. I've also PM'd on forums, no response yet.

7. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Well at least we can confirm that Livenda has a working email server. One step closer!

8. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

@LIVENDA_LABS - Still nothing, why do I get the feeling that emails were never sent out with download links?

9. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

You get that feeling because you've been promised updates for months and you were very disingenuously advertised that features were being certified.

10. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

https://github.com/playdeadgames/temporal

Has anyone used this in comparison to what lievenda is promising? Also are there ways to report this company? If I buy an asset and they flake that's the cost of doing business, but I highly doubt Unity wants to be heavily advertising companies such as this.

11. KevinNguyen305

KevinNguyen305

I already make request to Unity Store team and they answer Livenda just upload version 1.3, dont have any version waiting to be approved.

12. RPowers

RPowers

Hmmm weird. Would Livenda really advertise a non existent update to increase sales? Or perhaps there was an update waiting to be approved but was pulled for some reason? Either way I'm fed up with this and even if they do release an update I'm not sure I'd use it just because of the lack of customer support. Thanks for reaching out to the Unity store team.

13. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Kevin did you just do that through email? I'll also send a complaint and hopefully we can help future devs from getting scammed off of this.

KevinNguyen305 likes this.
  14. KevinNguyen305

KevinNguyen305

Yes, https://support.unity3d.com.I hope Assets Store ban Livenda too, really waste time and faith.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  15. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

Still no word from their team. Why would you advertise a new version if there isn't one, and why would you tell everyone to email you if you're not going to respond? This is getting ridiculous.

16. rasto61

rasto61

To get some more sales from people unaware of livenda's practices, before they deprecate the asset.
    Just like they did 'submit' candela 2.2, and that never came.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...tions-for-unity-5.342803/page-10#post-2430549

I can't believe unity actively promoted ctaa on their blog a few months back.

17. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Wow they even pulled the same email nonsense. How do we get a unity moderator in here for this? I'm going to message the moderator in that thread.

18. RPowers

RPowers

Wow... I wasn't aware they did this email nonsense before. I'll report this to Unity and hopefully we can make enough noise that Unity closes them off to save other devs time.It's a shame because for vr CTAA V1.5 sounds like a dream come true. I suppose it is just a dream :(

19. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'll take a look. Until then please use the forums for support requests, thanks. Trying to create a mob will not make anything good happen for either side.

Please clarify what exactly is supported with VR, such as single pass, multi, and what SDKs in detail - thanks. Will also contact asset store team to see if there has been any submissions and when to help.

20. RPowers

RPowers

Currently multi pass is supported, however there's a jittering effect that happens in Unity 2018 versions making CTAA unusable. The promised updates was supposed to make it usable again and add much needed features like single pass.

21. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

When was the promise made, and was the promise there before or after you purchased the asset?

22. RPowers

RPowers

I checked my emails and I was told they were working on single pass on 3/10/18. No specific time frame for completion was given but they said it will be out in the next coming updates. I purchased CTAA on sale 4/30/18.

23. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi everyone,

Our offices were closed since last week and everyone will be back on Tuesday the 4th. All the requested downloads have been sent already and if anyone has not received it yet we will be happy to re-send asap on Tuesday. We apologize for the inconvenient timing however please reassured everything is good (currently working on V1.6 which should include compatibility with HDR and LDSP , please note this will initially be an experimental feature) and we are certain everyone will be extremely happy with V1.5.

Again we apologize for the lack of correspondence in the last few days as it was out of our hands, thank you all.

Regards,
    Linda

Livenda Labs

Mark_01 likes this.
  24. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Please clarify which devices and SDKs your asset supports VR with clearly in promotional material including if single or multi pass or I will have to act further, thanks.

This is a primary concern from customers who are reaching out for my help in PM.

You also ignored a moderator's PM and a polite question to clarify. Advice: don't. If you ignore a moderator, I feel you will entirely ignore all your customers too.

MostHated likes this.
  25. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

None of my multiple emails that I've sent have been responded to. I've sent emails to both email addresses listed on your website. What email address would you like us to send to that you'll actually respond to? Thanks.

26. bhstore8

bhstore8

It's Tuesday now, I don't see any action or links. Moderator, any news, can we just lock these guys? This is ridiculous.

27. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

I have also not received an update.

28. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi Everyone,

PLEASE check your e-mail inbox, we have confirmation almost everyone who requested V1.5 would have received the download link by now. Also, when you are requesting please make sure to include your purchase invoice details, thank you.

Livenda Labs

29. KevinNguyen305

KevinNguyen305

Confirm already got version 1.5 but it has a problem about a wrong position of the left and right camera.Please update it to assets store for the update & fix the bug.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  30. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Are you talking about the new CTAA SPS? can you please clarify which method are you using? There should't be a bug, thanks. Make sure you are using the latest Unity

31. KevinNguyen305

KevinNguyen305

After read changelog, i add CTAA SPS and it works. Thank you.

32. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

You're welcome, please note this latest version will require the latest Unity

33. KevinNguyen305

KevinNguyen305

New version have a problem when i move the camera, everything have the blurred. Already try add dynamic Object SPS.

34. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Send us a tmp project as we have not had this issue at all, please contact us via email so we can better help swiftly, cheers.

35. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

1.6 HDRP? Is it true :)

36. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The author of this asset doesn't respond to moderators on the Unity website, so it is in my opinion that this author has no interest in supporting customers either.

I used PM and posted in this thread twice before asking for clarification and was entirely ignored, therefore I feel there isn't any reason to ever buy any of these products.

Buyer beware.

KevinNguyen305 and MostHated like this.
  37. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Please get your facts straight before making assumptions. Few people here were complaining about the Single Pass stereo support and when it will be available. THIS IS NOT and NEVER WAS PART OF CTAA!! and WE HAVE NEVER EVER INDICATED THIS TO BE THE CASE. Look at the asset store description! First THERE WAS NO PROMISE , WHERE DID WE PROMISE! We have been ' Trying to add' this feature for a long time as it is a complex plugin without effecting performance or breaking the the other parts of the plugin.

If you read the thread we mentioned it 'SHOULD' be available and NO specific timeframe was EVER given! We just mentioned it shoudl be available with subsequent updates! This is an added feature which was requested by users using VR. Also, some complain about VRTK (works best with a single cam) compatibility, well that is NOT our product and the previous version had limited support due to CTAA requiring multiple cameras and even then we provide a method to use CTAA with VRTK in the form of a prefab with the previous version of the plugin.

SO, We have finally managed to get Single Pass working with a SINGLE CAMERA and have provided this feature in the latest update and also provided downloads to everyone who requested before it is on the Asset Store (Our submissions were rejected due to Unity publisher EULA changes regarding Unity logos, so we had to delete them and resubmit, not just images but a bunch of VIDEOS which takes a long time to re-edit)

Sorry about the delay for your response as we are in Australia the time frame is a little off, we would appreciate your help as WE are here to help everyone and hopefully keep going developing the plugin for all our current customers.

If you are a current customer please contact us with your purchase details and we will be happy to send you the latest version V1.5, thank you!

Mark_01 likes this.
  38. RPowers

RPowers

Thanks for the download link. There should have been much much much better communication earlier on, but now as I'm testing V1.5 I'm pleased with how it looks and performs. Also documentation could be a bit better. I'm testing the Dynamic Object CTAASPS script, but I don't notice a difference to my dynamic objects. What is that script doing exactly? Are there performance impacts of applying that script to every one of my moving meshes (if that's even what we're supposed to do)?

39. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Those are not my assumptions. Your own customers assumed. I was going to edit my topic above to include that you did respond by PM (even if it was a week later) but unfortunately it's been quoted and replied to. I think really it's a matter of just clearing communication - making it very clear to your users that you can't promise things. Unity themselves developed the roadmap to avoid the accusations and assumptions of customers.

Perhaps you can have a roadmap link on your site - trello is an easy way to do this, and your customers could even vote if you wanted them to, just a thought - plus there, they can see explicitly, if something will be coming or not and report bugs if you don't have a ticketing system like some asset developers.

But do take on the constructive criticism for a relatively expensive asset and if this keeps happening to you (customers going wild) there's probably a reason - communication isn't as clear as you think.

Best of luck everyone, seems it's all resolved.

40. sasa42

sasa42

Hello,

has anyone an idea how to avoid TAA smearing on uv planes with

* movie texture .

Here displays in a car who videos and ui ´s are running.
    CTAA works fine for everything expect this.

best,

Sascha

41. PVincenti

PVincenti

Hi,
    My team and I are considering this asset but the latest exchanges on here have made us doubt whether or not the asset would work for us. We are using VRTK with a single camera but with multi pass rendering. Could you confirm whether or not that would be supported by 1.5?
    Thank you!

42. TheWarper

TheWarper

1.5 release with single pass and the oc Unity 2018 fix, F*** yeahhh!!!

Thanks devs!

43. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA requires motion vectors as does any other temporal anti-aliasing method, movie textures or moving UV's etc do not have motion vectors so they get blended. Hopefully we 'should' have a method to discard certain layers, no time-frame on this yet though.

Currently Single Camera is only supported when using Single Pass rendering method. As it stands Multipass with a single camera is actually not viable in VR unless until Unity starts providing native motion vectors in VR.

Thanks!

Mark_01 likes this.
  44. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

Still no response to my emails, sent to both of their email addresses.

45. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We don't have any outstanding e-mails to respond to, when did you send it? V1.5 is now available on the Asset Store and you can download it from there, if you like to have a version (V1.5) which is compatible with Unity 2017 please let us know and we can send you a direct link.

46. KevinNguyen305

KevinNguyen305

I sent you email 1 week ago, still not get any response

Attached Files:

• CTAA.png
      CTAA.png
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
  47. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

Hi, I sent emails twice - https://gyazo.com/5a328e8ddcc51258ee094b9fe828a456

I'll download from the asset store thanks.

48. csofranz

csofranz

FWIW - Livenda sent me a link for a Unity 2017-compatible Version of CTAA v1.5; I wasn't able to test it yet, but I see that as a very good sign. If you, too, need that, you may want to contact their customer Support via email.

-ch

49. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

50. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

i'm just ready for 1.6 (HDRP).would be baddass