Search Unity

World Building [RELEASED] CScape - advanced building generator

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by olix4242, Mar 11, 2017.

1. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Olix,

Can I use sub-scenes and is there any value? ie: If I build a large city, and after all settings are complete, then divide it up into sub scenes so that it minimizes the number of buildings/assets that are loaded at the time of render.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  2. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

Yea, these are things that are also new to me. As I said discord sems to be very helpful, then again it's another tool to get used to it xD I am getting old *coughs

However, I am ready to join =)

3. olix4242

olix4242

Really don't know if there is a need for this. It mostly depends on your target platform and overall complexity of a city.

4. lloydhuang

lloydhuang

Hi, I bought your asset and sent you an email two days ago, did you get it?
    If not, plz send an email to :magneteye5360538@gmail.com

5. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Because I work in VR, performance is always a concern, which is why I use you asset (great performance!) but I always look for ways to improve that, eg: Sub Scenes. But if you feel it's not necessary I appreciate the info.

Have a great weekend

6. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

What you could try is to:
    • 1st save the whole city to a scene. that's the main scene that contains all buildings
    • then you delete all buildings except one of the quadrants, then you save this quadrant let's say as "Quad01"
    • now you load the main scene again and start deleting buildings & streets again everything, except the next one... save that as "Quad02
    • and so on...
    By doing this way, you always keep the general settings, as you defined each house etc.

Test it with a scene loading script in a build. You will still have for each quadrant one or two draw calls more. But hey, better than rendering the whole city, right?

Btw, the best way to select is in ortographic top-view in the viewport, wireframe, instead of searching each building in the hierarchy, of course xD I am sure you are aware of that, however, thought to mention it.

I must admit I never tested it. However, that's how I would start.

Let me know if that works. Would be interesting. Can't test it atm, because I am too busy with my project.

regards

JamesWjRose likes this.
  7. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

It's an interesting idea, I may look into that.

Have a wonderful weekend

8. RabidBat

RabidBat

Can you try again. That link is invalid. I'd suggest ensuring the invite is a permanent one as I am guessing that one had a time limit on it.

Keen to join as it'll be good to chat with others using Cscape.

9. olix4242

olix4242

https://discord.gg/mfBQQDGTAg

10. crazymahone

crazymahone

Does CScape have the ability to generate buildings individually? I already have a procedural city generator (that doesn't use a grid) and a large amount of code dedicated to that. What I have are placeholders for building locations, and a need to add a building to the scene at runtime.

11. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

I'm not the dev of this asset, butni have used it for years. No, Cscape does not build individual buildings. That said, if I were you and needed the functionality you mentioned I would, during design, make a city with the number of buildings you need, then at runtime place the buildings.

Be aware that the building's pivot point is not the center of the building, it's the corner. I wrote some code for placing buildings along a road, which will give you some help on placement https://github.com/Blissgig/Easy-Roads-3D-and-CScape-Building-Placement

hopeful and olix4242 like this.
  12. crazymahone

crazymahone

So essentially generate buildings then make prefabs out of them for runtime generation?

13. olix4242

olix4242

Yes. A new version (will be online in few days) supports generating custom single buildings that you can even script by feding it with array of points (floor plan). But this works only in Unity Editor , not in realtime (due to limitations of Unity player that doesn't support all of the functions that are needed for runtime generation).

14. tomobiki

tomobiki

Hi, I wrote also in Discord right now, but I see that here there's more people so I hope that my question could beuseful also for others: I'd like that on the rooftops didn't appear the water tanks: I have seen that I can delete them manually from the city, but I'd like to know if there's a way to exclude them when the city is generated. Thanks.
    CISTERNE.JPG

15. olix4242

olix4242

You have to modify a template.
    -Go into City Randomizer script, and you will find a Field for Building Templates.
    -Open a Mega City District Style template.
    -There you can see a list of all building templates.
    -Open each one, and search for CSRooftops script. This script contains all the prefabs to be spawned onto roof.
    -The ones that you should look at are C-Ext
    -You can edit those prefabs directly, by deleting all the renderers. Or eventually, just replace those objects with other prefabs from a list.

jeroll3d likes this.
  16. olix4242

olix4242

BTW, Cscape unifies all those objects so that it can reduce draw calls, and augment a performance.

17. tomobiki

tomobiki

Thanks!! It worked perfectly :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  18. wm-VR

wm-VR

Does anyone know how to get the nighttime effect with HDRP?
    Everything else seems to work perfectly fine!

19. olix4242

olix4242

Nighttime isn't currently available. But it will be in a version that I'm working on.

20. Absinthe23

Absinthe23

Hi,

I get a whole bunch of errors installing the package for the first time in an empty scene with a fresh install of CScape v1.0.4b and Unity 2020.3 LTS. Please advise.

There are inconsistent line endings in the 'Assets/CScape/Scripts/MeshMerger.cs' script. Some are Mac OS X (UNIX) and some are Windows.
    This might lead to incorrect line numbers in stacktraces and compiler errors. Many text editors can fix this using Convert Line Endings menu commands.

There are inconsistent line endings in the 'Assets/CScape/Scripts/DistrictStyle.cs' script. Some are Mac OS X (UNIX) and some are Windows.
    This might lead to incorrect line numbers in stacktraces and compiler errors. Many text editors can fix this using Convert Line Endings menu commands.

Assets\CScape\Test\ReplaceRenderingCScape.cs(7,19): warning CS0108: 'ReplaceRenderingCScape.tag' hides inherited member 'Component.tag'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.

Assets\CScape\CScapeToolset\Scripts\CSDepthToNormal.cs(14,14): warning CS0618: 'SystemInfo.supportsImageEffects' is obsolete: 'supportsImageEffects always returns true, no need to call it'

Assets\CScape\CScapeToolset\Scripts\CinematicDof.cs(16,14): warning CS0618: 'SystemInfo.supportsImageEffects' is obsolete: 'supportsImageEffects always returns true, no need to call it'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\UnifyMeshes.cs(84,17): warning CS0618: 'GameObject.active' is obsolete: 'GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\UnifyMeshes.cs(91,13): warning CS0618: 'GameObject.active' is obsolete: 'GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\UnifyMeshes.cs(130,29): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.CreatePrefab(string, GameObject)' is obsolete: 'Use SaveAsPrefabAsset instead.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\DetailMaterialTools.cs(48,13): warning CS0219: The variable 'texNumber' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets\CScape\Test\DistantiateBuildings.cs(22,13): warning CS0618: 'Random.seed' is obsolete: 'Deprecated. Use InitState() function or Random.state property instead.'

Assets\CScape\Test\DistantiateBuildings.cs(26,17): warning CS0618: 'Random.seed' is obsolete: 'Deprecated. Use InitState() function or Random.state property instead.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\VolumeMaterialTools.cs(47,13): warning CS0219: The variable 'texNumber' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSFoliageInstantiator.cs(58,32): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSFoliageInstantiator.cs(58,97): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabObject(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabInstanceHandle for Prefab instances. Handles for Prefab Assets has been discontinued.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\BuildingReplacer.cs(105,21): warning CS0219: The variable 'chooseVerticalEdge' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets\CScape\Scripts\BuildingReplacer.cs(106,21): warning CS0219: The variable 'chooseEdge' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSAdvertising.cs(157,36): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSAdvertising.cs(157,101): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabObject(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabInstanceHandle for Prefab instances. Handles for Prefab Assets has been discontinued.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSFloorDetails.cs(149,36): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSFloorDetails.cs(149,101): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabObject(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabInstanceHandle for Prefab instances. Handles for Prefab Assets has been discontinued.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSFloorDetails.cs(145,21): warning CS0219: The variable 'i' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSInstantiator.cs(62,32): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSInstantiator.cs(62,97): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabObject(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabInstanceHandle for Prefab instances. Handles for Prefab Assets has been discontinued.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSArray.cs(196,48): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSArray.cs(196,113): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabObject(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabInstanceHandle for Prefab instances. Handles for Prefab Assets has been discontinued.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSInstantiatorLights.cs(46,32): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSInstantiatorLights.cs(46,97): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabObject(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabInstanceHandle for Prefab instances. Handles for Prefab Assets has been discontinued.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSRooftops.cs(154,36): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CSRooftops.cs(154,101): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabObject(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabInstanceHandle for Prefab instances. Handles for Prefab Assets has been discontinued.'

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CityRandomizer.cs(613,137): warning CS0642: Possible mistaken empty statement

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CityRandomizer.cs(989,32): warning CS0168: The variable 'hit' is declared but never used

Assets\CScape\Scripts\CityRandomizer.cs(1230,17): warning CS0219: The variable 'initAdv' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets\CScape\Editor\CSSmartSaver.cs(25,21): warning CS0665: Assignment in conditional expression is always constant; did you mean to use == instead of = ?

Assets\CScape\Editor\CSSmartSaver.cs(37,17): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.DisconnectPrefabInstance(Object)' is obsolete: 'The concept of disconnecting Prefab instances has been deprecated.'

Assets\CScape\Editor\CityRandomizerEditor.cs(105,62): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.StandaloneOSXIntel64' is obsolete: 'StandaloneOSXIntel64 has been removed in 2017.3'

Assets\CScape\Editor\CityRandomizerEditor.cs(106,52): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.StandaloneOSXIntel64' is obsolete: 'StandaloneOSXIntel64 has been removed in 2017.3'

Assets\CScape\Editor\CityRandomizerEditor.cs(108,62): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.StandaloneOSXIntel' is obsolete: 'StandaloneOSXIntel has been removed in 2017.3'

Assets\CScape\Editor\CityRandomizerEditor.cs(109,52): warning CS0618: 'BuildTarget.StandaloneOSXIntel' is obsolete: 'StandaloneOSXIntel has been removed in 2017.3'

SpeedTree materials need to be regenerated.

Creating missing MeshCollider component for BuildingModifier in CSTemplate12.

Component at index 2 could not be loaded when loading game object 'RTCamera2'. Removing it!

Component at index 2 could not be loaded when loading game object 'RTCamera2'. Removing it!

Component at index 2 could not be loaded when loading game object 'RTCamera'. Removing it!

Component at index 3 could not be loaded when loading game object 'Camera'. Removing it!

Shader warning in 'CScape/Deprecated_CSBuildingShaderMobile': floating point division by zero at line 181 (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program with SHADOWS_DEPTH UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_CUBE UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'BlurHiQ': 'i': loop control variable conflicts with a previous declaration in the outer scope; most recent declaration will be used at line 72 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'BlurHiQ': 'i': loop control variable conflicts with a previous declaration in the outer scope; most recent declaration will be used at line 76 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'BlurHiQ': 'i': loop control variable conflicts with a previous declaration in the outer scope; most recent declaration will be used at line 80 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program

Shader warning in 'CScape/CSBuildingShader': floating point division by zero at line 312 (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program with SHADOWS_DEPTH UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_CUBE UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _CSCAPE_DESKTOP_ON _USE_SNOW_MOSS_DIRT_ON

Shader warning in 'NordLakeLite/NordLakeRiver': 'UNITY_PASS_DEFERRED': macro redefinition. Previous definition found at :1. at line 70

Compiling Vertex program with DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF LIGHTMAP_OFF SHADOWS_DEPTH
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_DEFERRED UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DIRLIGHTMAP_SEPARATE DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR LIGHTMAP_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_CUBE UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_HDR_ON UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'NordLakeLite/NordLakeRiver': 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE': macro redefinition. Previous definition found at :1. at line 311

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF LIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DIRLIGHTMAP_SEPARATE DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING LIGHTPROBE_SH SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_SCREEN SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING VERTEXLIGHT_ON

Shader warning in 'NordLakeLite/NordLakeRiver': 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD': macro redefinition. Previous definition found at :1. at line 590

Compiling Vertex program with DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF LIGHTMAP_OFF POINT
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: DIRECTIONAL DIRECTIONAL_COOKIE DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DIRLIGHTMAP_SEPARATE DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING POINT_COOKIE SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_CUBE SHADOWS_DEPTH SHADOWS_SCREEN SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK SHADOWS_SOFT SPOT UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Shader warning in 'CScapeVisualizer': floating point division by zero at line 267 (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program with POINT
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: DIRECTIONAL DIRECTIONAL_COOKIE FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING POINT_COOKIE SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_CUBE SHADOWS_DEPTH SHADOWS_SCREEN SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK SHADOWS_SOFT SPOT UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

21. olix4242

olix4242

Standard, HDRP or URP?
    Most of those messages are warning messages, and they are harmfull.
    (most of threges ain

22. Absinthe23

Absinthe23

Thanks for the prompt reply, it's the standard pipeline in a basic 3D project with no other external assets or packages. It's a clean install of Unity on a new PC and CScape was installed via Package Manager in an empty scene. I'm using Visual Studio Community 2019 that came with the standard Unity 2020.3 install.

23. olix4242

olix4242

Have you opened a scene? If yes, then you should just discard warnings.

24. olix4242

olix4242

It currently isn't available on assetstore. I'm currently testing a beta version of it, and hopefully, will have it pretty soon. If you want to test it, let me know.

JamesWjRose likes this.
  25. tomobiki

tomobiki

Hi, I don't want graffiti on the walls of the buildings: I unchecked the "graffiti" parameter in all the CSTemplate files and in the other templates in the same folder ("Buildings"), but when I create a city the graffiti still appear on walls. Is there any other setting to change to completely avoid graffiti to appear? Thanks.

26. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

FYI: The developer is planning to show a beta preview at 4PM EST Sept 23 (today)

wm-VR, hopeful and buc like this.
  27. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

buc, marcell123455 and hopeful like this.
  28. ght1875

ght1875

Do I need to use specific shader for objects(e.g. people and cars) to catch light from the re-lighten system?

29. olix4242

olix4242

You would need custom shaders. But an actual intention is: you can use lights for near objects, then disable them from a bigger distance, and let re-lighten do it's thing.

30. Rowlan

Rowlan

Unfortunately you still can't make out any streets:

sm.jpg

31. olix4242

olix4242

What do you mean by not having a possibility to make any streets? In a game view there is a street :)

32. Rowlan

Rowlan

The above looks like there is no street. No street lines and such. I know it's distance and all, yet it's confusing to see nothing.

33. olix4242

olix4242

There are parts where there aren't any streets. (internal inside blocks). But those blocks are surrounded by the streets.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  34. ght1875

ght1875

Is it easy to maintain visual consistency? Could you make a video to demo it?

35. olix4242

olix4242

I will be uploading a new CScape Beta 3 version tonight. It will feature:
    -Better shader (and hopefully more performant) for streets.
    -HDR interior illumination that adds to realism with tonemapping and HDR workflows
    -Flickering TV lights .
    -Fix with a latest bug of a Mesher and being unable to add or delete points.
    -Tighter integration with Mesher system. Now you can only click on a building modifiers new button ("Replace with Mesher") on a normal CScape building in your scene, and it will replace it with a Mesher building that can be used for making custom floor plans. -Improoved general performance out of the box (especcialy when using Reflection Probes).
    -Distance switching for POM VS. standard mapping.
    -Few modifications under the hood, that will serve for future template skinning.
    -Ability to create HDRP City with a left click on a scene.
    -Many fixes to somehow reduce aliasing issues on far buildings.

Rowlan and JamesWjRose like this.
  36. olix4242

olix4242

From last tests on Version 2 of Cscape, some users managed to have stable 75 fps on Quest 2 (in standalone mode). With some further optimizations for a platform, you can probably go even higher. But this is on a new version of CScape v2 and URP. There is one caveat for building for Quest 2. You must recompile textures to ASTC texture format (they are now in DXT5 format that gave a best result on Oculus GO).

37. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Is there a max city size that you can recommend? I'm considering World Streamer or SubScenes, or anything else that will allow me the largest possible city.

Any thoughts by anyone about this?

38. olix4242

olix4242

It is really dependent on your target platform. Cscape is pretty scalable, but, even if it tries, it can't go over some hardware limits. Mainly a number of polygons that should be rendered on screen. So, it always has to be some kind of compromise. With a new Mesher system, we might extend a range and generate some LODS. But with big cities, LOD's will help a lot for GFX card performance, but could add a lot of strain on CPU.

39. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

So because of the number of variables, I'm happy to run tests. ie: 10x10 blocks, test frame rate, then add 5 blocks, recompile, retest? If there is a better method or other factors I should check during tests just let me know.

40. olix4242

olix4242

As a main thing you shouldn't go over certain number of polygons and number of buildings (as this is a most problematic thing). From my tests, it really depends on a platform, and mostly, recent cards will have a similar performance with CScape materials on or off. Mainly, problem is with reflections and realtime shadows. This is where it could loose a performance when using moo many polygons (buildings). Huge worlds ar a pain to render. Cscape was made for this purpose, but it can't use any magic to overcome some of the limits of a hardware.

41. buc

buc

You can edit some of the buildings base mesh. They have some unneeded triangles. Maybe they are from a time where CScape had other techniques to distinguish between building parts (shops for example). But they can be removed now without any visual changes. You will experience the difference only on huge cities, which is your aim.

On my old system I had a test with buildings only (so no lamps, fooliage, etc.) and had a 10 x 10 KM area with 70 FPS. It was an older mid-range PC with a radeon 200 series card (mid-range card, maybe). Without realtime shadows you can get even more. And of course no realtime reflections :(
    I had the best results with combining only some blocks together, so when you are moving, you have rendered big portions of the city at once, but there are still some parts that can be culled by frustum. This is some of the hardest part, because the different techniques of optimization disturb each other.

Do you have some images to share?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    JamesWjRose likes this.
  42. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Thanks. I just ordered a new system today (32gb, i9, GTX 3070... been 5.5 years since my last upgrade!) so it will be a few weeks before I can get back to this. Thank you VERY much for the info.

I will return with stats and specifics once I get the new system up and running.

have a wonderful weekend

olix4242 likes this.
  43. MathewHI

MathewHI

It doesn’t work in HDRP. I installed the HDRP package but it had major graphically artifacts as if everything was stretched and skewed. Also where are the buildings textures for the mega city material? Everything was gray. Also the Unity Editor crashed when I tried to open the Tools scene.

44. hopeful

hopeful

You should mention your Unity version and HDRP version. Especially since HDRP isn't finished yet, it's possible they broke something in a later version.

45. MathewHI

MathewHI

Unity 2021 HDRP 11.

46. olix4242

olix4242

To be able to use it with HDRP 11 (assetstore version supports only HDRP 10). you have to enter into a beta testing channel. Go onto Discord, join this channel, and contact me with your invoice number, and I will give you an access.
    https://discord.gg/J6PKSajW

47. MathewHI

MathewHI

ok thanks I sent you a message

48. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Hello gang,

This is just an informative post in case you are using HDRP and VR. I was having a minor blur issue when I turned my head. The frame rate was fine but... Turned out to be an issue with Post Processing. By turning off most of those items the blur issue was resolved.

Peace,
    James

hopeful likes this.
  49. goshasha67

goshasha67

Hello! How can I move your asset to HDRP?

50. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose