Search Unity

World Building [RELEASED] CScape - advanced building generator

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by olix4242, Mar 11, 2017.

1. patSilva

patSilva

I am so sorry, to keep posting here. This is literally the only thing I have to do right now. But I exported the CScape I have from the project and brought it into a new project with the same unity version 2018.2.6 after I generated the city all of the buildings had the flickering issue. Should I send the package I created and maybe you can take a look for yourselves?

2. olix4242

olix4242

You have to check with original.

3. patSilva

patSilva

Ok I retrieved the original and there was no bugs with CScape and the buildings are fine and when I click them they are fine.

4. olix4242

olix4242

Ok, now try this: create a copy of your project, delete Cscape folder, import fresh Cscape. And see if this happens still.

5. patSilva

patSilva

- copied the project folder
    - pasted a copy in a new 'Test' folder
    - opened the copy in Unity Editor
    - deleted the CScape folders
    Everything goes pink BUT my meshes are still there
    - Imported CScape package
    edit: Materials come in looking the same

Result was a failure, the flicker was still there.

EDIT:
    When I clicked on the building after importing the new CScape it WORKED. the flicker went
    away!

EDIT 2:
    I am sorry for all the trouble THANK YOU for helping me! I am going to the store and am leaving a 5 star review. Product works great, and Great Support!

I did lose the street and I think side walks textures we were using, any idea how I get them back?

EDIT 3:
    I got them back thanks again! have a great day!

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

Is there a way to prevent that the streets become brighter the higher i go?

1.jpg
    And here when I move the camera up, see the center vertical line:

2.jpg

7. Rowlan

Rowlan

Feature request: can you please move that menu away into a dediated CScape menu? It's really annoying there. I keep on pressing it because i'm used to having "New Scene" there. Should be under "Assets" imo, anywhere but not there :)

menu.png

d1favero and transat like this.
  8. Rowlan

Rowlan

In case anyone asks why the building is on fire in my video on the previous page, it was him :D

irval 3.jpg
    irval 11.jpg
    irval 14.jpg

I really dig this asset, so many things to try :)

9. TDReisinger

TDReisinger

Unity 2019.3 CScape 1.0.4b

Tried to use Horror FPS Kit with CScape and when I try to play, the buildings and streets disappear. Dynamic objects like trees and lightposts are still in the scene. I emailed the dev of other asset also. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

BTW love this product! 5 stars!

10. bthanse

bthanse

Have you try "Break Up Optimizations" ?

11. TDReisinger

TDReisinger

12. olix4242

olix4242

Really don't have any clue about why this could be happening. From a description of that asset I wasn't been able to see anything important that would be messing with CScape. But probably it has something to do with Static objects in a scene. You might want to add some other CScape unrelated objects into a scene, and tag them as static and see if they disappear too (a few simple unity cubes will do fine). Also, are you sure that there isn't some Oclussion Culling Baking going on in your scene? If it is, then you might want to re-bake it. Or are you sure that this pack doesn't require multiple camera setups and use some layers to mask objects?

TDReisinger likes this.
  13. TDReisinger

TDReisinger

It was the culling mask on the camera. Thank you so much :)

olix4242 likes this.
  14. gridside

gridside

Hi,

Nice asset you provide here and thank you for that! I would like to use the generated city as a prefab and want to spawn it in realtime, many variations of them actually. However, I couldn't find a way to keep generated city as it is inside prefab and every time I spawn a new instance of it, it need to be regenerated on the fly which is not suitable for my scenario since I want to use it for procedural realtime generation on-the-fly and it makes the game pause a second or so. Is there any way to "bake" generated city as a prefab?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  15. jorgeolothar

jorgeolothar

By default, CScape creates the city in a specific layer (that I didn't have defined). I solved the issue with my city not appearing during play by changing the layer of the city and its children to 'Default'

hopeful likes this.
  16. nobluff67

nobluff67

It's been a while since the styles packs feature was suggested, do you still intend to do this? Or is this something we can do, maybe by changing building models?

d1favero and syphon1977 like this.
  17. BSI_Tyler

BSI_Tyler

Hi, new here
    I am working on an application that reads from an OSM server locally.
    I was wondering a couple things.
    What is the status of the OSM compatibility?
    Would it be possible to generate OSM buildings in real time? (or is there some other way to do real-time generation) My application will have aircraft that can cover large distances during a session.

Really impressed with what you have here.
    Regards,

18. jasonbtompkins

jasonbtompkins

In both versions of Unity 2019.3.15f1 and 2019.4.1f1 I get what is below. I need to have the Universal Render Pipeline (preferably version 2019.4.1f1 since this is a LTS version) for the project that I am working on. Any suggestions?

upload_2020-6-23_1-24-14.png

19. jasonbtompkins

jasonbtompkins

I did a search for URP and Universal Render Pipeline and I get no hits other that the one where you responded to check previous post. I did find the post where you have a link to CScapeshadersUpdateLWRP.unitypackage. I did try it, but it doesn't work for URP. Can you post the link again with Universal Render Piepline? I am looking for compatibility with Unity 2019.4.1f1. When searching with URP there is an error saying that there are not enough characters to complete the search (only 3 characters). Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!

chelnok likes this.
  20. olix4242

olix4242

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckb8nme9i6gt48v/URPShadersCScape.unitypackage?dl=0
    AND THEN THIS ONE:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/roiek94sylv11ik/BussStationShaderURP.unitypackage?dl=0

chelnok, nate_reed and JamesWjRose like this.
  21. jasonbtompkins

jasonbtompkins

22. jasonbtompkins

jasonbtompkins

23. jasonbtompkins

jasonbtompkins

Nevermind, I just change the layer that the streets were on and somehow that fixed the issue. Not sure why that worked.

olix4242 likes this.
  24. olix4242

olix4242

That fix was only for older unity versions that had a bug.

hopeful likes this.
  25. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

Is CScape compatible with Time of Day or Enviro sky systems?
    Would you recommend staying with CScape's sunlight/Time of Day implementation?

26. olix4242

olix4242

You can use any sky system, usually you want to set directional light of other systems.. or drive city lights with manual parameters.

27. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

Thank you. Are packages like Jobs or Burst required? I've found the Readme and am looking for documentation.
    I appreciate your time with these initial and basic questions.

28. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

I'd like to check with the group about CPU usage. Running the demo scene runs my laptop CPU power quite high just with Unity open (not running scene). I'm using a ROG laptop with GTX 1060 card.

29. Emme73

Emme73

I am about to purchae, is this working with URP in Unity 2019.4 LTS ? Thanks!

30. olix4242

olix4242

CScape can be pretty heavy on CPU when using unity editor due to a large amount of objects present in a scene. But this doesn't have anything to do with CScape itself - it is realted to Unity editor interface, and this overhead doesn't exist in a final build. Btw, I have found that latest unity versions have worse performance of Editor itself.
    TIP: when not working on a city itself, it is always a good idea to use Optimize City button.. it will group all buildings in few objects, and save a lot of CPU usage in editor.

XyrisKenn and hopeful like this.
  31. olix4242

olix4242

URP support for CScape is in experimental phase and can be downloaded few posts above.

32. xikst1

xikst1

Hi.If someone can help me with CScape. I was following this setup video made by Oliver and i came to a section where I can't find a solution.

In the video it shows how to add a post processing setup to the camera to make it look more real but that script isn't available for that 2019 version. Therefore, my scene looks very cartoonie. I know that if I add some post processing myself and play with it, I may be able to create something but I don't want to waste my time or guess if there is a file setup, I want to take advantage of it. If someone has some instructions or a video tutorial that can help me with this, I will really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Gianfranco

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  33. masa045

masa045

Hi I bought Cscape yesterday !
    gradually learn to Cscape now. but some error occur Console window.

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable rooftopHolder of CSRooftops has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the rooftopHolder variable of the CSRooftops script in the inspector.
    CScape.CSRooftops.OnDestroy () (at Assets/CScape/Scripts/CSRooftops.cs:342)

how do i get resolve such error ?
    thanks in advance.

ABCptt likes this.
  34. Agatho_Kakological

Agatho_Kakological

Hii when i open cscape demo scene or generate a city with it, nothing comes on my screen

35. xikst1

xikst1

Hi, Oliver. I'm a paid customer.

When the sun sets, some of the roof items are yellow like this without texture. The tall buildings are ok but the small buildings show like this throughout the city. How do I fix this?

upload_2020-7-4_11-27-23.png

36. xikst1

xikst1

Is there a way to make the distance of the trees random instead of even. When the separation is too even, it doesn't look real.

upload_2020-7-4_11-37-3.png

Another question. I tried to use different foliage packages and nothing worked. I got an error saying:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    CScape.CityRandomizer.GenerateFolliage () (at Assets/CScape/Scripts/CityRandomizer.cs:601)
    CScape.CityRandomizerEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/CScape/Editor/CityRandomizerEditor.cs:534)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <17b72532ee2c4da1b6f632d3f1705fe0>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

upload_2020-7-4_11-42-25.png

Please help. Thank you.

37. xikst1

xikst1

That happened to me when i used the old version of CScape with the new version of Unity 2019. If you want to clear that error, you have to buy the updated version that's available in the store.

Sincerely,
    G

38. xikst1

xikst1

I'm having some difficulties with all the shadows in the scene. They flicker a lot. If I move the camera during game play, the shadows will flicker. Once I stop the camera move, the shadows will flicker for a few more seconds and then stop. I'm wondering if this is a known issue, is there a fix or does this has something to do with my video card?

39. olix4242

olix4242

Change this value on object material to 0 (don't have a slight idea why this happens in new versions of Unity).
    RooftopsProblem.jpg

hopeful likes this.
  40. olix4242

olix4242

It's a harmless error due to some unity internal workings. It shouldn't affect anything.

masa045 likes this.
  41. olix4242

olix4242

Haven't seen this problem. Can you place a standar unity plane in your scene and see if this happens also on standard shader? If it does, theen it's not related to CScape, but to graphics card, or most probably, to shadow settings in your project (or on your light).

42. frangagn

frangagn

Is there any way to redraw or edit the street lines? They seem very pale compared to what we have on North America and would like to make them stand out a bit more.

Also, I seem to get "partial" streets, where half of one lane appears only:

https://prnt.sc/tcqtlu

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Agatho_Kakological likes this.
  43. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

Thank you for your advice! Everyone here likes the effect - especially the rooms-in-windows texturing.

hopeful likes this.
  44. xikst1

xikst1

Hi.If someone can help me with CScape. I was following this setup video made by Oliver and i came to a section where I can't find a solution.

In the video it shows how to add a post processing setup to the camera to make it look more real but that script isn't available for that 2019 version. Therefore, my scene looks very cartoonie. I know that if I add some post processing myself and play with it, I may be able to create something but I don't want to waste my time or guess if there is a file setup, I want to take advantage of it. If someone has some instructions or a video tutorial that can help me with this, I will really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Gianfranco

45. xikst1

xikst1

Hi. Out of the box I'm missing some scripts. Those errors are in the demo version.

What are they? Where can I find them? Are they useless?

How do I clear the bottom error?

Sincerely,
    G

upload_2020-7-14_12-12-10.png
    upload_2020-7-14_12-12-48.png

46. Agatho_Kakological

Agatho_Kakological

Hii Oliver
    I am trying to make a scene with gaia and Cscape, and Easy Roads is there any way to use Cscape for building and Easy Roads for Roads?

47. Agatho_Kakological

Agatho_Kakological

Happened with me too, Reimport it

48. olix4242

olix4242

You can discard those messages. They are only for a demo scene for backwards compatibility (for those using different post processing stack versions).

49. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

I'm looking to possibly buy this.

Two questions, does it come with DLLs, I'm about to abandon one asset since it's included DLLs break my builds.

Second, does it come with a day night system ?

50. OmnifariousStudios

OmnifariousStudios

I needed a city generator specifically for VR. Lo and behold, you made this amazing thing. I love it already! But I do have some questions when you have a chance:

1. Why does everything use a mesh collider? Wouldn't it be a lot more efficient to use box colliders on most buildings and the other pieces?

2. Can you replace your building prefabs with anything? Would it be possible to combine this objects from the DestroyIt system? I'd like to make some buildings destructible by making the DestroyIt building a prefab and then replace some of the buildings in the generator.

3. Any major (or minor) tips for VR performance while using this? My game involves a lot of physics and movement, plus the destructible items described above, so optimization is going to be a big deal for me.

Thank you!