Search Unity

[RELEASED] Crux 2.0 - Procedural AI Spawner for Terrains (Biomes, Population Caps, and more)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Dec 13, 2016.

1. tredpro

tredpro

i do it all the time with crux also. lol once i get it working i just dont mess with anything again lol. what mistake did you make? so if others come here they know to check that

2. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

First time it was the detection layer and second time I forget but it was something really dumb. lol

3. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Team - Had Crux for a while because BHS assets are the best. I started to work it into a project - It looks as if the Spawning is performed according to "Textures" ? I have an "Large" Infinite Terrain area with same Texture (Different Vegetation). Is there anyway to break this up for different AI or will it be same AI over this Large Terrain Spawn. FYI- Doing beta testing with Gaia Pro.

4. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I am running crux and basically you setup one or several profiles of AIs, then create a biome of the grass you have and add the AI profiles to the biome.

Whether you have one AI or 10 they will all spawn based on the rarity and % you choose. I believe thats set in the profile. Im doing a build at present so cant check.

5. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

My bad, theyre called objects not profiles but essentially the same. Heres several AIs/Objects added to a biome (on the right). The biome can have one texture or 10. and so on. Those AIs spawn all over the texture.

Capture.PNG

6. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Hawk0077 - I really do appreciate the help. :) I've successfully created Crux Object Wildlife with no problem but they spawn to texture reference.
    What if I have an infinite terrain with the same Global texture across the board. How do I break up where different AI(Animals) spawn with same Global Texture. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Hawk0077 likes this.
  7. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I am no expert but based on my experience when you add AI to a biome with one texture they automatically spawn all over the terrain. Based on the rules in the Object/profile. As well as the Odds of a partiicular animal spawning.

I have bears that spawn and they are rare, deer are common, stags are less so and so on.

I have mountain goats spawning at higher levels than deer for example. Birds spawning approx 10 points above the terrain (sparrows)
    Like the examples I gave above you have to think your way through your terrain when adding them and then set rules and rarity etc for each as you build the animal kingdom specific to your own choices.

I think only having one texture does limit you a little but not so if you spawn them all on the same texture and set the rules for spawning and rarity etc.

8. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Ah - I see. I honestly did a quick run, create and spawn which worked perfect. I just didn't dig deeper into breaking up AI (animals) spawing areas locked to texture. I'll give it a run. I really do appreciate it Halk0077. Thanks, Matt

Hawk0077 likes this.
  9. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

OK so I opened my project and took a look at the settings and so, in your case the first level of control is at the biome level when you choose either ODDS or RANDOM generation for your OBJECTS.

So if youve got 6 objects/animals/AIs you can either spawn them randomly across the texture or using odds. I dont really get the odds thing to be honest. If it was PER object then it would make sense but its odds per biome?

Second level (or first depending on how you look at it) is within the OBJECT/Profile.

For each you have:

Minimum spawning level
    Maximum spawning level

So goats would be higher than bears.
    Bears could be higher than deers.
    Rabbits could be within the bear and deer range but not in the mountain goat range

Of course they can either be LAND or SEA (negative offset) or AIR (positive offset)
    Individual animals such as bears or groups such as deers.

Then you have rarity.
    Male deers could be rarer than female deers
    Bears rare and lions ultra rare.

So the settings in the individual profiles/objects is where you really control what spawns and on a global view you are really controlling the rarity of the AIs. Then height they are spawned at and then the amount.
    It then depends on your modles.

If you have brown bears, black bears and red bears you of course set the rarity of each in as logical way as possible.

Apart from that, thats about as much control as you can get with only one texture but I believe its really enough to get a good setupo going with a little bit of thought.

Hope that helps.

10. tredpro

tredpro

Could also try changing the values at runtime. I havent tried but how I would try is:

Set up colliders (zones) and make a script for each one

Within the script reference the crux object and create a list of crux objects for that zone

On player enter/exit add or remove the objects

Again I havent tried so idk if runtime changing of objects is possible but I believe it should be

11. wood333

wood333

Does Crux work with MicroSplat and MegaSplat?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  12. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yes. You just add the textures into the crux biomes.

Its been a while since I used megasplat but if I recall you reference the ONE unity texture Grass for instance. Which spawns the AI on the same megasplat instances.

I dont think you can choose individual megasplat instances of ONE texture but I might be wrong.

IM using CTS but the unity textures and CTS versions are the same.

If I recall you select the unity texture for grass as an example and add it to a crux biome then the AI spawn on that texture. Whether you have one or 10 megasplat textures to represent the one.

Hope that makes sense.

wood333 likes this.
  13. verteom

verteom

Hi~ I already bought Emerald AI~ Is Emerald Ai work seamless with Crux?

14. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

It plays really nice with it if that is what you are asking. I use both.

15. verteom

verteom

It
    Sound like npc controller? So, I just let them do what I want, and when my player go away , it will gc what I want?

16. noobynobody

noobynobody

Does this perform well on mobile?

17. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, can I spawn npc without assigning a texture? I dont use unity terrain and use meshes instead with base color.

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

May I ask about the Vegetation Studio support status? Thank you.

BriBill likes this.
  19. tredpro

tredpro

20. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, Crux uses SampleHeight() to get the terrain height but it gives you wrong terrain height, instead, it should use GetHeight() to get the world-position height. The difference is explained here.
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/752538/sampleheight-vs-getheight.html

Basically, SampleHeight gives you HeightMap height but often terrain object world-position is set at some negative position to cover underwater.
    The reason is that HeightMap cannot be a negative value and if you set your terrain at Zero world position, terrain cannot cover underwater.

This is why you shouldn't assume the terrain object is at Zero.
    To fix it, you just have to swap the function above.
    Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  21. tredpro

tredpro

Why cant you move your water up?

22. chrisk

chrisk

Besides the water, if you place your terrain other than y=0, you will have this problem. This is a simple bug. @BHS I hope you take a look. Thanks.

23. Gua

Gua

@BHS, can we have an option to ignore terrain textures all together. I really want to have an option to use it with CTS strip textures option enabled.

Update: Looks like switching to mesh terrain spawn removes texture check. Is this a good solution for my problem?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  24. Gua

Gua

I've noticed that Crux ignores my population cap. Why does this happening?

25. Gua

Gua

I've been able to fix it. Because I copied crux asset object for different enemies, they had same Spawn ID, when I hit Regenerate Spawn ID button on every Crux asset, it fixed the problem.

26. Gua

Gua

After having some more problems with population cap I've discovered that I need to have all object in one group (for example "wild life") in order for system to work properly.

27. JDrem1

JDrem1

@BHS

Hey. I own both this and Emerald.
    I know you update Emerald quite often.

But have you any plans for an update of Crux please?

Thanks.

28. verteom

verteom

Hey~ It seems when i upgrade Emerald AI to LWRP, those demo scene not look so well~ Is there have better way to fix it quickly?

Attached Files:

29. verteom

verteom

By the way, where can I find the Tutorial about LoveHate\Quest Machine\Dialogue System?Thanks

30. p_hergott

p_hergott

You need to change the shader from standard to urp...

31. sky_dragon

sky_dragon

Hi!
    I would like to ask if I destroyed the object produced by spawning. How will spawning work? Will it automatically remove and adjust the population of an AI. Or need other methods of destruction?

32. sky_dragon

sky_dragon

Hello there
    How can I integrate Unistorm and Crux? I want to spawn at a certain time

33. AdminArdagor

AdminArdagor

Hello, is there any news regarding the update for Crux ?

34. BHS

BHS

My apologies for the delay. Yes, I have updates planned for Crux. I'm nearly finished with my Emerald AI and UniStorm updates and then I will provide more information on my plans for Crux's updates.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  35. BHS

BHS

If an object is destroyed or despawned, Crux should automatically adjust the populations accordingly.

36. BHS

BHS

Crux should automatically detect if UniStorm present in your project. If it is, it will open up additional options within Crux Objects that will allow you to spawn according to the time of day, season, and weather type.

37. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

Crux 2.1.1 has been accepted and is now live! This update's main focus is fixing the reported bugs and fixed UniStorm support that allows for spawning based on UniStorm's weather, time, and season.

Release Notes
    • Improved UniStorm support to allow AI to spawn according to UniStorm's time of day, season, and weather.
    • Decreased Min Spawning Elevation to -500 (from 0) to better support deep water spawning.
    • Increased Max Spawning Elevation to 2000 (from 1000) to better support higher elevation spawning and terrains.
    • Fixed an issue that spawned objects incorrectly if the terrain wasn't positioned near a y position of 0.
    • Fixed an error that happened when using spawning nodes with Mesh terrains.
    • Fixed an issue with UniStorm support that didn't allow it to work with newer versions of UniStorm.
    • Fixed a script conflict issue with UniStorm and Crux.

Akshara and westryder907 like this.
  38. westryder907

westryder907

Is it possible to use a GKC NPC with Crux? Everytime I've tried to achieve this it doesn't work.

39. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, I tried to use SpawnByID (string SpawnID) to generate an animal and then use RemoveObject (GameObject ObjectToRemove) to recycle it, but I got a prompt: "The object Animal(Clone) wasn't created with Crux-Ignoring Object", it looks like SpawnByID (string SpawnID) is not the Crux generation function but just an ordinary Instantiate()? How can I use Crux to generate a single animal that can be recycled?

40. Syllvia

Syllvia

Howdy!

Like some others have posted, i'd love to use this in a multiplayer setting where multiple systems follow multiple players (infact my boss has pretty much told me to use this), however it turns out that having multiple systems doesn't actually seem to work as only the first one will spawn stuff. Has there been any updates on restoring that v1 multiple players support? This is pretty important so if i need to go redo some code myself that's fine, but I'd love to know where to look to ensure that works.

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  41. Jairusx

Jairusx

Hello.Is Crux suitable for URP projects? Does it work ?

42. BryanO

BryanO

I brought this spawner into my scene in 2019.4.13 and just can't get it to spawn a single AI--- I swapped the demo scene (demos seem to work fine) monsters and player with my own --- and it works in the demo scene with the included terrain and textures with my player and AI. But when I literally drag it in my scene and set to my textures no AI appear.

43. Gua

Gua

I remember having similar issue. If I'm not mistaken my problem was cause by the fact that I did have different later for terrain object.

44. BryanO

BryanO

Nope... default layer same between demo scene and my scenes terrain object... any more ideas ?

45. DeidreReay

DeidreReay

Have reached out in DMs, and the discord and not getting any guidance so here goes. We have the crux spawner spawning Emerald ai Deer. They are set to Root motion as they need that. They spawn in as they should but all of them just stand there acting if they are not able to move. Moving a player to one of them then is acting as if we can not hurt them. Anyone else ran into this? Any ideas what to check? Thanks in advance hopefully.

46. tredpro

tredpro

Is there a way (maybe script) for spawning a certain object at a certain point? Like you pick the assign Crux object on the gameobject and place the gameobject where you want in your world and it uses the same check system. But spawns the object there. I was working on making one using Crux but this seems like an obvious feature imo

47. tredpro

tredpro

Do you only have this issue with your deer?

48. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

We just completed final editing to our latest video, "Apollo's Dream", and it will be coming soon to our YouTube channel.
    Using Emerald AI and Crux.

49. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

50. johny256

johny256

Please Integration other asset? etc UnitZ survival asset integrated helping?