Search Unity

[Released] Cross Platform Replay Kit : Record "Every Play" on iOS & Android [Now VUFORIA Compatible]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Prompt happens when even you start recording. We have in the roadmap to show the permission once per launch and soon will update you on that.

Regarding capturing only for one application, the control is not yet available. As we use system service, it captures the whole screen until you stop recording. Infact, thats one of the reasons why we are getting higher frame rates too.

However, we are planning for pause/resume functionality which can facilitate your requirement.

Thanks,
    VB Team

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    allan-oooh likes this.
  2. Digicops999

Digicops999

Hello,
    I am using this plugin for capturing video and save the recorded video on gallery, it saved success but after that i am try to share that recorded video on whatsapp from gallery but its prompt me error say: "Can't send this video choose a different video and try again."

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

This is a known issue as we weren’t using aac format for audio. This is fixed in the upcoming version and you can contact our support team on Skype if you would like to try it out.

Thanks,
    VB Team

4. CCC_akaishi

CCC_akaishi

Hello
    I have a question
    In the ReplayKitDemo scene
    Crash after doing sharePreview () after recording.
    The error log is as follows.

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSGenericException', reason: 'UIPopoverPresentationController (<UIPopoverPresentationController: 0x10af4bbf0>) should have a non-nil sourceView or barButtonItem set before the presentation occurs.'

Are there any settings you need?

The equipment used is as follows.
    iPad Pro (3rd generation) 12.9inch
    iOS13.3

This article uses Google Translate.

Thank you

5. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@CCC_akaishi Please contact our support team for the fix. You can see the patch in upcoming version.

Thanks,
    VB Team

6. makaka-org

makaka-org

7. lukas-92

lukas-92

Hi, I'm having some problems with the ReplayKit on my iPad Mini 2 (iOS 12.4.4). I've built the ReplayKitDemo scene and It works fine, but when I try to save the preview to the gallery it returns the error:

ReplayKitTest Unable to save video to camera roll!
    [ReplayKit] Saved preview to gallery with error : UNKNOWN

The preview is available and I can see it using ReplayKitManager.Preview().
    The error is triggered before the permission box popup that is not invoked, anyway I've also tried to request the permission before starting the recording, without no effects.

Everything works on my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.4.4).

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    We have noticed few more reports on this specifically to iPad Mini (12.3, 12.4 versions) alone and we soon get you an update on this.

Thanks,
    VB Team

9. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

10. makaka-org

makaka-org

Thx!

11. NanaliDev

NanaliDev

Hi, I want the video pause system. Are there any related examples or functions?

12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

There is no pause/resume option as of now.

13. LimSangWo0

LimSangWo0

Hi,
    While buying and using this esset,
    I wanted to record the sound of the app instead of the sound of the microphone. Is there a solution to this?

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

On Android there is no possibility to record the app audio. But from Android 10, google provided the API's. We have it in roadmap to support 10 but until then its only possible through microphone. You can check once the demo apk shared on the product page to have a look at the quality. Many devs as of now are able to use it.

However, on iOS there is no such restriction. It can record app audio directly with/without microphone.

Thanks,
    VB Team

15. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

16. hoangst_wolffun

hoangst_wolffun

Could I test this plugin on Unity editor?
    The error occured when I try on Editor Unity 2019.2.21:
    "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    VoxelBusters.ReplayKit.Internal.ReplayKitDefaultPlatform.StartRecording (System.Boolean enableMicrophone) (at"

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

This happens when you don't call Initialise and access any of the plugin's api's. Please make sure you call Initialise method.

18. hoangst_wolffun

hoangst_wolffun

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

If you are expecting a real recording on editor then NO. It just simulates the API on editor to make it easy during development. It won't record a video in editor but acts as if it does and pass a dummy video preview when you request for recorded video. This is for allowing easy testing when working on editor. Else, you may need to deploy on device everytime to see the event callbacks.

However, on device you get the real functionality. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,
    VB Team

20. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@atorisa Did you try it out with your AR plugins?

21. makaka-org

makaka-org

Unity Implementation is enough for my needs.

22. marcin-walus

marcin-walus

Hello.
    How to use this plugin in project which is using "Assembly Definition" files?
    In my project in Assets folder I have Scripts folder and inside I have "MyProject.asmdef". Even if I add asmdef file inside "Assets/Plugins/VoxelBusters/CrossPlatformReplayKit" and add reference to "MyProject.asmdef" I have problem with building Android project since Editor scripts has references to UnityEditor.
    I cannot find a way how to split this plugin in separate asmdef files to be able to "exclude" editor scripts from Android build.

23. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you please share a sample project to have a look? Please send me a pm.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  24. marcin-walus

marcin-walus

Hello,
    I shared with you project which demonstrates issue with "Assembly Definition".

But I have another issue: after building an app and running on device with iOS 13.3.1 method ReplayKitManager.IsRecordingAPIAvailable(); always returns False.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0mMN-oGIjoWPJaURcI8RZFghA#Voxel-Busters-iOS-False

When I skip this check and execute ReplayKitManager.Initialise(); without verifying if this is true recording starts correctly, and if I call ReplayKitManager.IsRecordingAPIAvailable() again then it returns True;

Thank you

25. marcin-walus

marcin-walus

Hello,
    I have one more question: this is exception I'm getting on Galaxy S8 with Android 9 (and also other Android phones)
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0TxD_wFydYsKfcb8bvRrv7s-w#Voxel-Busters-AndroidException

com.voxelbusters.replaykit.internal.ScreenRecordingService.startRecording
    ScreenRecordingService.java, line 221
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalStateException

I'm using microphone also at the same time (using with NatMic plugin) so do you think it is possible to record video with mic and also use microphone input analysis at the same time (on iOS it works ok).

Thank you

26. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@marcin-walus I hope you are on latest 1.4 plugin version.

Android : Can you please share the complete logcat log?
    iOS : Let us have a quick check and get back to you. Its actually a flag from native which should be as expected.

We are having a look at asmdef files and get back to you soon.

Thanks,
    VB Team

27. marcin-walus

marcin-walus

Thank you very much. I will try to get logcat - the screenshot contains only stracktrace from AppCenter).
    Yes, I'm on version 1.4, I think so... looking at ReplayKitSettings.asset - although, Assets/Plugins/VoxelBusters/CrossPlatformReplayKit/ReleaseNotes.txt, doesn't contain description of version 1.4 :)

28. unity_45y2YK0_r_f0eQ

unity_45y2YK0_r_f0eQ

Hi, we're experiencing a crash on certain Android 10 devices (not sure if the Android version is related or not), does this one look familiar by any chance? It happens when we try to start a screen recording, immediately after we receive the native OS security alert.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. --------- beginning of crash
    2. 2020-05-07 11:36:28.597 11005-11005/xxx.xxx.xxx E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    3.     Process: xxx.xxx.xxx, PID: 11005
    4.     android.app.RemoteServiceException: Bad notification(tag=null, id=111) posted from package xxx.xxx.xxx, crashing app(uid=10262, pid=11005): Couldn't create icon: StatusBarIcon(icon=Icon(typ=RESOURCE pkg=xxx.xxx.xxx id=0x7f070073) visible user=0 )
    5.        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1945)
    6.        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
    7.        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
    8.        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7356)
    9.        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    10.        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:492)
    11.        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:930)
    We can't find a reference in any file to this id, we also tried to remove and replace all notification icons, but to no avail. We hope you can help us out. Thanks in advance.

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We have pushed the patch to store and it will be approved post review. You can contact our support team on skype if you need the patch.

30. unity_45y2YK0_r_f0eQ

unity_45y2YK0_r_f0eQ

Thanks for your reply. I already did, and also received the patch and we can confirm it works. Thanks a lot. Great service.

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  31. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for confirming :) It would be great if you can rate us on asset store.

32. ignacioambrois

ignacioambrois

Hi @Voxel-Busters, I have a question about the asset.

Is it possible to control the audio recording such as that the video is saved with audio effects? For example, pitch shifting, reverb, distortion.

Or would we have to apply those effects after the fact?

Thanks!

33. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We don't have audio editing in the plugin. It would be great if you can let us know your use-case to have a check. Please send me a PM.

Thanks,
    VB Team

34. AntonVikharev

AntonVikharev

Is it possible to somehow check if permission to capture the screen is granted by the user at the moment or not? The reason why we need it, is because if it is not granted, we would like to show in-game UI dialogue explaining why we need this permission from the user (for replay recording)?

35. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

On Android, usually when ever we call to start recording, the permission dialog will be displayed. But in the recent versions we made it such that we cache some details so that post first recording, it won't ask for permission through the launch session.

As of now there is no option to check the permission status. We would recommend to show your info popup up just before the first time call of a launch session.

Thanks,
    VB Team

36. AntonVikharev

AntonVikharev

Thank you for an answer.

>As of now there is no option to check the permission status. We would recommend to show your info popup up just before the first time call of a launch session.

What about this engine's API call?
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Android.Permission.HasUserAuthorizedPermission.html

>For permissions which Unity has not predefined you may also manually provide the constant value obtained from the Android documentation here: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/permissions/overview#permission-groups such as "android.permission.READ_CONTACTS".

We would try to use it, but could not find which particular android permission name should be provided as an argument here to check if video recording is permitted (without microphone).

37. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

No, this is a system permission and no api exposes it on native.

38. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

I need to record the internal audio of the game but add in the video the microphone input of the player, can I do that with this plugin?
    there is a way to test the code for this purpose?

39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

On iOS
    You can record both game audio and microphone (we use replay kit framework internally)
    On Android
    You can record only microphone but not game audio. However the audio routed through microphone is captured too but not as great as a real game audio recording.

40. makaka-org

makaka-org

On iOS 14 I can't call ReplayKit.Preview() 2nd & next times because ReplayKit.recordingAvailable flag becomes "false" after 1st call. Can I do it with your asset?

41. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

On android you can not recorder the internal audio also doing something like that?

var audio = getcomponent<audiosource>();
    audio.clip = Micropone.start("Built-i Microphone",true,10,44100);
    audio.Play();

42. Sergio1024

Sergio1024

Hi there.
    I try to check ReplayKit using 2020.1.12f1 clean insalled and empty project with demo scene ReplayKitDemo. I deploy dpk on my Redmi Note 8T so it run, but nothing works except 'initialize' button. When I push it twise, status text changed to "ReplayKitManager.DidInitialiseEvent : Initialisation Success", but if I push any other buttons nothing happens.
    What I do wrong?

43. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hey, We pushed an update for it already for 2020 and should be available soon. Please ping our team for assistance.

Thanks,
    VB Team

44. Sergio1024

Sergio1024

Maybe using 2019.4.14f1 (LTS) fix this problem?

45. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yep, will do.

46. Sergio1024

Sergio1024

It realy helped )

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Voxel-Busters likes this.
  47. MaxxRafen

MaxxRafen

Hi,

I know you said that the recording confirmation should only come up once per session, but it seems to come up once per scene for me when recording is started. Can you confirm this is expected?

I also can't seem to get much consistency between landscape/portrait mode when exporting/sharing the video. Is there any way to set it to landscape explicitly?

48. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It should be per session. Please share us the replay kit version.

It respects the rotation settings set in unity settings. Is yours set to auto rotation?

Thanks,
    VB Team

49. makaka-org

makaka-org

There are still No updates on Asset Store. If the asset stuck in the moderating process, you need to resubmit with another Unity version as Asset Store says.

50. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yea! You are right. Let me resubmit as its been long.

makaka-org likes this.