Search Unity

[RELEASED] Cover + Shooting System - Third Person Shooter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Viniterra, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Viniterra

Viniterra

It performs well, even considering some outdated devices (2016).

Beware that this package was designed focusing on systems with external input controllers, as PC and consoles.

You may need to perform adjustments, in order to use it with touch, on screen inputs, specially the aim/shoot part.

2. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

3. Viniterra

Viniterra

I believe the setup of the mentioned package is completely independent of the Cover + Shooting System, or any other existing player controller.

Assuming you acquired the package you've mentioned, the best approach is to contact the author of the package directly, for the best support.

4. Jtari-Minter

Jtari-Minter

I'm not able to to pick up things, I'm not sure what I missed and I watched the tutorial a few times.

5. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi, could you use the contact form, so I can assist you directly?

Support

6. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

Hi again! Sorry for the long delayed reply to this post, but I found another solution to the problem.

Still, I was remiss in failing to say thanks for your excellent and detailed reply! I've gone back and posted a very positive review, long-delayed but a well-deserved 5 stars. Thanks again!

Viniterra likes this.
  7. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

This is a problem. The rotation is not immediate.
    How can I do?

problem.jpg

8. Viniterra

Viniterra

On AimBehaviour.cs script, line 159, remove the Slerp() function and use the target value directly.

9. unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

unity_HXHaJCGlX3uAzg

this is a real problem (ShootBehaviour.cs line 510):

leftArm.localEulerAngles = leftArm.localEulerAngles + LeftArmShortAim;

How can I do?

provale.JPG

10. Viniterra

Viniterra

Sorry, how can you do what? I didn't get why you quoted that script line.

About the weapon misplacement on the picture, you may refer to the readme file and the video tutorial to learn how to correctly setup the weapon on the player's hand.

For the readme file, look for the Cover+Shoot readme file, and go to the Debug Notes subsection, under the Shoot Behaviour section.

As for the video, you can expand the video description to get the full topics relation an jump stright to the desired one (in this case, the Weapon setup: 11:45).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  11. gameslegend903

gameslegend903

how can we setup player like COVER FIRE GAME, where player runs cover to cover automatically after killing enemies at one cover

12. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Hi I'm interested to purchase your great AI asset but before i would to know if i can use it with Neo FPS shooter template
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...neofps-fps-controller-template-toolkit-150179
    since this is the template I use as base of my game and if with your enemy ai asset I eventually can create even a non-shooter ai to simulate melee ai attacks like animals, monsters , zombies and so on
    and if i eventually purchase the asset i can have some help for integration with my game..

let me know..

cheers

Giuseppe

13. Viniterra

Viniterra

This is the topic related to the third person shooter controller. I have answered your question in the appropriate topic.

14. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hello, thanks for your interest.

You may use this system as a base, creating scripts that will control the player position and also call for cover look up when the situation desired is reached.

15. kitsune9000

kitsune9000

Just wondering, is there a way to start the game with a weapon at runtime? And instead of picking up new weapons, just pick up ammo packs for that weapon that I never drop?

16. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi, it is possible to modify the weapon script to make it a start weapon, and also it is easy to create a script for ammo boxes.

Could you please contact me trought the support form?

Support for the Cover + Shooting System

17. cloverme

cloverme

Ran into an issue with the controller getting stuck on small terrain details or ground objects, or stairs. Adding the unity Character Controller component solved the issue for anyone that runs into this.