Search Unity

[RELEASED] Corgi Engine - Complete 2D/2.5D Platformer [new v8.0 : advanced damage system]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reuno, Dec 18, 2014.

1. starfoxy

starfoxy

Groovy. Thank you @reuno .

2. theindielawyer

theindielawyer

Haha very true, it's a bit of a headache so far so I was hoping I'd missed a "put inventory stuff wherever button" XD

3. ZygoUgo

ZygoUgo

Hi Rueno, I have an issue that has appeared since upgrading to V6, I have however upgraded Unity to V2019.2.6f1. It seems that the start position is overriding the possibility of appearing at any other specified point in the levels. It was previously working with Load Scene At SpawnPoint via PlayMaker, but now this seems to be being overidden by Corgi. I had it set up to send the player from Fungus scenes upon disable to specified return points in the level, but they have all stopped working. Can't seem to find another way round it. Any ideas? Thank you for any help :)

EDIT: Hold that thought, it seems to have started working again in the latest build, I'll test it a bit and get back to you

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  4. reuno

reuno

@ZygoUgo > It seems to work just fine. Just look at the MinimalRooms demo scenes and you'll see it works. Plus I haven't changed anything to that system in the last update, so it's unlikely (but possible) that it broke. My guess is it's an issue on your side. If the issue persists don't hesitate to use the support form and provide more details, I'll be happy to help.

5. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Hat Renaud, thank you for this latest release. I'm having a lot of fun playing with the new features. I love the feedback system and I'm grateful you put it in.

One suggested feature for a future release that you may or may not have thought about is camera rotation that pairs up with the gravity features (rotate with the player). Just a thought.

Looking forward to your creations in the future.

javi_unity402 likes this.
  6. reuno

reuno

@ScourgeGames > I thought it'd be doable with just a few clicks in Cinemachine, but it seems harder than I thought :)
    I'll add that to the todo list, it's a nice suggestion, thanks!

ScourgeGames likes this.
  7. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yeah I kinda thought the same thing and gave it a go myself. Not so trivial. I had a janky code version working with the previous camera system I stitched together, but it was really only "sorta" working.

Thanks for considering it for the future

8. nonhole

nonhole

Hello all. Does anyone know how to make a dash attack with a free direction on the first controller? Is there any chance that someone has already done this?

9. reuno

reuno

@nonhole > That's already built-in, you can define dash direction via the dash component.

10. nonhole

nonhole

Normal dash yes, but im trying to make dash-attack. I tried different things, even to give the same input for dash and attack (but yes, it's stupid and doesn't work correctly)

11. reuno

reuno

@nonhole > You could simply have it activate a DamageOnTouch area attached to your character for the duration of the dash (or however long you want the character to apply damage). I can add that to the todo list, it's been a recurring question over the past few weeks.

12. nonhole

nonhole

Thanks a lot i will try it. Best regards.

13. kor_

kor_

If I have a PickableWeapon that has a 3D model and the model has been rotated, then the character also holds the weapon as rotated.

What I want is that the weapons rotate on ground when not picked up (like in most arena shooter FPS games). Any tips on how to build this without messing up the original weapon's rotation?

14. reuno

reuno

@kor_ > I'm not sure I get what you mean, the pickable weapon model and the actual weapon model are two different things. Look at how it's done in the Loft3D demo scene for example.

15. kor_

kor_

I can't find "Loft3D" demo scene in the Corgi package. Is it some different demo scene that's not in the package?

16. reuno

reuno

@kor_ > Right, wrong engine, look at the FeaturesWeapons demo scene.

17. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

18. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

Hi when I use the inventory engine, I just copy-paste all needed matter from rogue scene to my game and cant save load ... I think because InventoryDemoGameManager is not set up for CharacterInventory script so I open InventoryDemoGameManager script and replace any word named Inventory Demo Character by Character Inventory... but its doenst works ... can you tell me how do i make it fit to CharacterInventory script ??? @@

Attached Files:

19. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > It's a bit hard to guess without any info about what you're exactly doing, but you probably just need, as explained in the documentation, to trigger a load event. As shown in that piece of code you screencapped. If the issue persists please use the support form.

20. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

@reuno I just want it to work exactly as PixelRogueDemo scene @@ !!! so I did copy all of it in to my scene and its cant trigger Load event because my character is using Character Inventory ( Script ) instead of Inventory Demo Character ( Script )... so can you tell me how can I replace InventoryDemoCharacter Component in InventoryDemoGameManager to CharacterInventory properly way, because I don't understand much about code @@ . Thank you !!!

21. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > As I said, all you have to do is call that event, it's a one liner and it's in that screenshot of yours. Again it's all explained in the documentation, don't hesitate to check it out for more info. If that doesn't cut it, once again please use the support form, thanks.

22. xiahvc_unity

xiahvc_unity

I want to use keyboard movement even after setting build setting android in the editor.

However, the keyboard input does not work on my screen after I changed the build setup to Android.

And then there's an error:

Please help me.

Attached Files:

23. reuno

reuno

@xiahvc_unity > As explained in the documentation you can force a specific control mode via the InputManager.
    As for that error, it clearly tells you you have to set a target camera for that MMTouchJoystick.
    If you have more questions please use the support form.

24. xiahvc_unity

xiahvc_unity

Thank you for your answer.
    I'm sorry. Where can I find the support form?

We're gonna have a couple more questions to ask.
    I'd appreciate it if you let me know the support form that i will write.

25. reuno

reuno

26. pjccccc

pjccccc

Hi, I found a bug that the unit jumps accidentally in some situations.
    Here's my fix make not to jump it.

upload_2019-10-20_5-22-21.png

27. reuno

reuno

@pjccccc > Unit? Not sure what you mean. If you think you've found a bug, please use the support form to report it, and provide explanations on how to reproduce it, thanks.

28. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

can anyone tell me why retroswordman immune to knockback X while Y is normal ... I created new character it took knockback normal too but cant use AI brain is not working ...

29. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > For the 5th (and last) time, please use the support form, and provide at least some form of info, I can't guess what you're doing wrong without any explanation.

macish likes this.
  30. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

That's not enough information to know what you are doing wrong. You really need to work on providing details if you want help.

31. reuno

reuno

Good news everyone, v6.1 of the Corgi Engine is now live on the Asset Store.
    This new version introduces auto scrolling levels, a brand new 3D demo environment and animated character, and improves things across the board. Of course, as usual, it fixes all known bugs to date.

Here are the full release notes :

- Adds a new demo scene, NewCorgi3D, which introduces a brand new, fully animated Corgi3D model, along with a new environment demonstrating how you can use the engine to create 2.5D levels (2D gameplay, 3D assets)
    - Adds a new AutoScrolling mode for OneWay levels (and completely redesigns and improves the way One Way levels work), complete with crush mechanic, on/off switch and speed control.
    - Adds a new demo scene, "MinimalOneWayLevelAutoScrolling" showcasing that new mechanic in an auto scrolling level that gradually accelerates and stops when you reach the end, and crushes you to death if you don't jump over obstacles.
    - Adds HealthAutoRefill, a new class that lets you handle health regen with all the options you'll need to do so
    - Adds MMPlaylist, a new system to play songs (or any audio really) in sequence, that supports crossfading and other options
    - Adds the CharacterDamageDash ability, which extends the regular Dash ability to add the possibility to damage stuff as you dash through it
    - Adds an example of the MM cone of vision class in the PixelLevel demo scene
    - Adds MMTimedActivation, a new tool to trigger events and state changes after a certain duration
    - Adds a new feedback, MMFeedbackAudioSource, that lets you play audio sources via the feedback system
    - Adds the RetroPinkPlatforms to the Retro tile palette
    - Adds new slope tiles to the Retro tile palette
    - Adds an option to CharacterWallJump to optionnally reduce the number of jumps left
    - Adds a more explicit error message when trying to use a wrongly setup WeaponAim on an AI
    - Adds more options to MMSceneRestarter
    - Adds a TouchingLevelBounds boolean to the controller state, to (for example) act on that in an ability
    - Improves slope management when stick to slopes is active
    - Improves the way ladders work and perform. Now also allows for stacked and/or overlapping ladders, and an example of that in the Mesa1 demo scene
    - Characters now behave more consistently and elegantly when touching level bounds
    - Separates OneWayLevel logic from the LevelManager into its own dedicated class, OneWayLevelManager
    - Removes all remaining jpgs and mp3s and replaces them with pngs and wav files to comply with asset store guidances
    - Fixes compression settings on a bunch of sprites
    - Resets a few prefabs transforms to 0,0,0
    - Fixes a bug that could prevent weapon equipped animation parameters to update correctly
    - Removes leftover objects in RetroPush
    - Fixes a bug where the switch manage

It's also the first version that supports Unity's new feature to specify dependencies, which means no more manually copying manifest.json files, no more weird tricks, if you just say "import" on the popup that asks if you want to import dependencies on install, it works out of the box. Note that you'll need Unity 2019.2.9 (or more) to get this new version.

I hope you'll like the new stuff!

32. javi_unity402

javi_unity402

Thanks @reuno. You make our dev-lives easier.

Betzalel and reuno like this.
  33. Sofiel

Sofiel

@reuno you are awesome! Thanks!

Betzalel likes this.
  34. Quinn221

Quinn221

@reuno this is great stuff! Every time you update it is like xmas morning!!

reuno likes this.
  35. Menn007

Menn007

After updating I get this compile error:
    Assets\CorgiEngine\Common\Scripts\Camera\Regular\NoGoingBack.cs(18,23): error CS0426: The type name 'OneWayLevelModes' does not exist in the type 'LevelManager'

I have not adjusted any of the original code, so how come I get this error?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  36. reuno

reuno

@Menn007 > That class doesn't exist in v6.1. It looks like you didn't remove the old version before updating. Old files won't get automatically removed by Unity if you don't do that. If the issue persists please use the support form, thanks!

37. Menn007

Menn007

Ah ok, yes I just pressed the update button ;-)
    thanks!

reuno likes this.
  38. Menn007

Menn007

Ha, the new 3D Corgi is really nice i think!!
    I am using your engine to create a similar (although different) 3D version. :)

With the new example I was hoping there would be an example of a 3D weapon pickup. Just before I noticed the upgrade I was writing a question about that:

I have a problem getting a 3D weapon appear after picking it up by the character.

When I add the prefab to the initial weapon slot (in the character handle weapon ability) the weapon is working correctly.
    but I want to pick up the weapon, So I removed the weapon from that slot,
    and I have setup a pickable weapon:

I can pick it up, it is added to the inventory, but when I try to use it noting appears on the player/character.

Somehow I am missing the final link?
    I have added the 3D weapon to the "equipable weapon" slot in the InventoryEngineWeapon,
    but there must be something else I need to do?

Menno

39. reuno

reuno

@Menn007 > There is no example of a 3D weapon in the NewCorgi3D demo scene because there's absolutely no difference between the 3D and a 2D weapon creation processes. It's exactly the same.
    I'd recommend reading the documentation, and maybe trying to create a 2D weapon following that documentation, or looking at the many examples included in the asset. If the issue persists, again, please use the support form.

40. McCoonna

McCoonna

Any update on audio slider functionality / support? I've been trying in vein to add sliders to my options menu using the SoundManager as is, and adding custom code for slider support to your built-in SoundManager but all to no avail. I would really, GREATLY appreciate ANYONE explaining how to get it to work, if it's even possible in the current iteration of the Corgi SoundManager without having to drastically overhaul it... or am I better off with watching 3rd party tutorial videos and attempting to figure out how to make my own sound manager and make it work with the SaveLoad Manager so it stays consistent between scenes... all because I want slider support for adjusting audio levels instead of just On and Off options?

41. Muppo

Muppo

Wow, nice update @reuno, I really like the new features!

About the Auto Scrolling feature, Can it work on previous engine versions with some tweaks or do it need something which is exclusive of 6.1? I would like to add this to Corgi 5.5 if possible

42. reuno

reuno

@Muppo > You can retroport it for sure, but I can't list all the changes you'd need to make. It's mostly LevelManager and CharacterLevelBounds I suppose.
    @Cubed2Infinity > The SoundManager's got public volume float settings for music and VFX you can directly target, there's nothing preventing you to set these values from a slider right now. No need to modify anything.

Muppo likes this.
  43. Muppo

Muppo

@reuno No problem, I'll give it a try. As always it will be more elegant than my current solution for sure.

44. reuno

reuno

@Muppo > Not to brag, but the new level bounds are quite elegant and robust :)

45. Bagazi

Bagazi

How to make multiple decisions in single transition with CorgiEngine AI SYSTEM?:) For Instance, a enemy will attack the player when their distance lower than 5 and the "time in State" bigger than 5.0f. Is there some way to simultaneously check the decisions in corgiEngine?

46. Menn007

Menn007

Hi Reuno,

is there a solution for the weapon IK when a character faces the other direction? Here are 2 screenshots, when the character is facing right, it holds the weapon correctly, but when facing left, it is not correct. it looks like the weapon is staying in front of the character.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  47. Muppo

Muppo

The system is customizable enough to easily make your own Decision components so you can virtually add as much checks as you want. Hope it helps.

Bagazi and reuno like this.
  48. reuno

reuno

@Menn007 > For the 3rd time, please use the support form for support questions like that, and provide repro steps.
    @Bagazi > It's a state machine pattern. Create either two states or a decision that checks two things at once if you prefer.

49. McCoonna

McCoonna

Yeah bro, I've been trying to get a slider to work with your script but haven't had success. I'm no pro coder man, that's why I'm relying on your engine lol. I see there's the floats; MusicVolume and SfxVolume, but unlike with the On/Off switch, I don't see any handler scripts for a slider, and when I attempt to reference the SoundManager script directly from an On Value Change action the only option I get is Monoscript > string name. I watched a Brackey's tutorial and wrote my own sound manager script which works fine with volume adjusting, but it doesn't save the settings between scenes for some reason. I've also attempted to incorporate that code from the Brackey's tutorial into your script, which is a super simple method: public void SetMusicVolume (MusicVolume) {musicAudioMixer.SetFloat("MusicVolume", Mathf.Log10 (MusicVolume) *20);}... but it wouldn't work in your SoundManager script.

If I'm simply attempting to use a Unity UI slider, what do I need to do to make it work with your Sound Manager script so players can adjust the volume? Because I'm stuck. I was really hoping to release an update this weekend but I've been running in circles all week with this Settings issue and have gotten nowhere quick.

Thanks.

50. reuno

reuno

@Cubed2Infinity > I can add that slider thing to the todo list if you want. If more people request it, it'll make it into a release eventually. In the meantime if you want to do it yourself, as I said it's super simple, just change the volume floats directly. But you can't just take a completely unrelated method and expect it to work :)