Search Unity

[RELEASED] Corgi Engine - Complete 2D/2.5D Platformer [new v8.0 : advanced damage system]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reuno, Dec 18, 2014.

1. christougher

christougher

Well I think that's because the update just barely went live.

2. boorch

boorch

@reuno just to let you know: Minimal4Players scene's MultiplayerLevelManager uses the standard Rectangle character which does not have "Stompable" script, so it's not possible to test "stompable multiplayer" out of the box. It works after adding Stompable component to the character, nevertheless it's an easy thing to miss for a beginner so I suppose you'd have lots of questions regarding this :)

3. reuno

reuno

@boorch > Yes, this update requires 2019.2, so you won't see the update unless you have 2019.2 (it's all explained in the documentation and FAQ). As for stompable, that's normal, there are too many features to put them all in the demos, too many combinations. I haven't received any other feedback on this yet, but I'll keep that in mind.

4. Grafos

Grafos

If you mean running the latest version of Unity, I can assure you I am using 2019.2.
    However, as I'm typing this, I found out there is a 2019.2.2f1 (Unity has been telling me the 2019.2.0f1 I am running is the latest version but found the newest one by checking Unity Hub manually). I am confident this is the source of the problem. I'll update and report back tomorrow.

5. Grafos

Grafos

Meh, couldn't wait until tomorrow, sleep is overrated :p. I can confirm the issue was 2019.2.0, the Corgi Engine 6 requires 2019.2.2

6. reuno

reuno

@Grafos > No, not 2019.2.2, v6.0 requires Unity 2019.2.1f1.
    As explained in the FAQ item I linked previously, you can check version requirements on the releases page :

upload_2019-8-28_12-31-35.png

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    mccann and Grafos like this.
  7. Grafos

Grafos

My mistake confused 2.1 with 2.0.1

reuno likes this.
  8. RandomSpell

RandomSpell

I'm having some (49) errors updating to the newest version. They are all like this one:

"Assets/CorgiEngine/Common/Scripts/Camera/Cinemachine/CinemachineCameraController.cs(4,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Cinemachine' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I'm on Unity 2019.2

9. reuno

reuno

@RandomSpell > That's probably because, as the error tells you, you haven't installed Cinemachine.
    Don't hesitate to look at the IMPORTANT-HOW-TO-INSTALL.txt file included in the asset, the readme, or the dedicated section of the documentation, they explain all there is to know about it.
    If the issue persists please use the support form and provide more details, thanks!

mccann likes this.
  10. RandomSpell

RandomSpell

Thank you! However, I am now left with these two errors

Assets/CorgiEngine/ThirdParty/MMTools/Automation/MMShaker.cs(6,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MMWiggle' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/CorgiEngine/ThirdParty/MMTools/Automation/MMShaker.cs(20,27): error CS0115: 'MMShaker.Update()': no suitable method found to override

p.s. I'm super exited to dive into the new features on v6!

11. reuno

reuno

@RandomSpell > Considering that there are no such files as the ones mentioned in your errors in v6.0, my wild guess would be that you didn't follow the documentation and didn't either import in a new project, or if you imported in an existing project, that you didn't first remove the engine's folder. And once again, please use the support form if you've got more issues with this, it's hard to help without any info :)

12. RandomSpell

RandomSpell

Oops, sorry and thank you!

reuno likes this.
  13. Footlight14

Footlight14

Hey guys quick q, might be missing something but is it easy to establish a specific height that if your player falls from you die?

14. reuno

reuno

@Footlight > There's no such feature right now.
    But yeah it's quite easy, just log your position and compare when hitting the ground. If high enough, apply damage.

15. Footlight14

Footlight14

Ok, which script would I update with this? Kinda new to scripting!

Thanks

16. reuno

reuno

@Footlight > I'd recommend creating a new script for that.

17. Footlight14

Footlight14

Ok awesome thanks

reuno likes this.
  18. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

Just a thought: maybe set a timer when character state changes to "falling". When the timer gets above a certain point, the character starts taking damage? You should even be able to use the timer to either set or scale the damage - that would cover falls from any height.

reuno likes this.
  19. Prog-Maker

Prog-Maker

Hi Reuno! 6.0 Is Good! But all cameras on Retro Scenes ... See screenshots 3.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg

20. reuno

reuno

@Prog-Maker > That's weird. You probably just have to select the virtual camera and set its orthographic size to 10. I'm guessing there was an issue when you installed Cinemachine.
    Does anybody else have the same problem? It hasn't been reported yet, if more people run into it I'd like to know.

21. Footlight14

Footlight14

I have imported the latest update of Corgi Engine and i get tons of errors, here is an example:
    Assets/CorgiEngine/Common/Scripts/Camera/Cinemachine/CinemachineCameraController.cs(100,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CinemachineFramingTransposer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Using Unity 2019.2.3f1

22. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Make sure to read the IMPORTANT-HOW-TO-INSTALL text in the Corgi asset folder about updating. I was getting the same thing. You have to copy paste the manifest file.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  23. reuno

reuno

24. Footlight14

Footlight14

reuno likes this.
  25. javi_unity402

javi_unity402

Hi @reuno,

Happened to me also, but I fixed setting correct Asset Pixel Perfect per Unit (16) on Pixel Perfect script attached on Regular Camera.

reuno likes this.
  26. Footlight14

Footlight14

Hi folks,

First off, can one have two level bounds in a scene and flit between them somehow? Would you have two level managers? and when teleporting through a door, change between them, or would you need to try and manipulated the coordinates and transform of the level bounds each time you teleported between doors?

Thanks!

27. reuno

reuno

@Footlight > Without modifying or extending anything, no, you can't have two LevelManagers.
    The best way to do what you describe would be to have a class dynamically change the current bounds whenever you want.

28. Footlight14

Footlight14

Morning folks! Is there an easy way to have the camera fade out on death? and fade back in to level start instantiate? Like the option given when going through a teleport?

29. kor_

kor_

I'm trying to have a 3D character to have a death animation. By default there was no "Death" trigger so I added it (it was in the code, though). But the problem is that the character is destroyed right after he's been killed.

I've tried setting the DelayBeforeDestruction to 2 seconds, but the valus still stays at zero. Any ideas why this would happen? I've checked the value at runtime and it's 2, but at breakpoint it's still zero. This might be a simple issue because I'm still learning the basics :)

death1.png death2.png

30. reuno

reuno

@Footlight > That's built into the LevelManager.
    @kor_ > Try on any of the demo characters in a fresh install, it just works. Maybe you've made a change that breaks it.

31. Footlight14

Footlight14

@reuno for some reason mine doesn't do it on death, but does on level start. The level manager as Intro and Outro durations set to 2 and , Fader ID 0, Ease in Cubic, and Respawn delay 2

32. reuno

reuno

@Footlight > You can also use events, as explained in the documentation. Please use the support form if you have more questions, thanks.

33. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

hmm , i start to used to the way advanced AI works but still confuse sometimes .... now i want to make a npc AI go to patrol only inside a certainly area that i set up for ... so how can i do that ? @@

34. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > Separate navmeshes, additonal decisions, there are many ways to do that.

Miketysonjr likes this.
  35. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

I did try everything in attempt to make Corgi player render under in some another layers but cant,... i try to change position Z , order in layer , every other objects work well unless main corgi player ... is there another way to make that ? @@

And can i combine this engine with Playmaker to make some additional function s? I want to buy that to but afraid it will make all my project damaged ... What do you think ?

36. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > What do you mean, "render under in some another layers" exactly?
    The engine has no impact on rendering whatsoever, so I don't think it should be an obstacle here.

37. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

sr for my bad english , im using google translate for asking . I means the image of player is cover by other object's image though i did everything like change Z position or and order in layer , its still doesnt work . Like this :

Attached Files:

38. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > I wouldn't recommend changing the z position, and I'm not sure what a negative order in layer does.
    Again there's nothing in the engine that impacts rendering, it must be some other setting in your project.
    Usually the sorting in layer and order in layer are the only things to tweak.

Miketysonjr likes this.
  39. RolandoPT

RolandoPT

Hi, does anyone successfully got the demo levels running on the Nintendo Switch? Got everything to compile but the screen stays black. Without corgi everything works fine.

Any ideas?

40. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

Are they on the same sorting layer? Also, if memory serves, "order in layer" is reverse - lower numbers render first. Try changing it to 3 or 4 and see what happens.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Miketysonjr likes this.
  41. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

I skipped that problem for later, thanks .

And now i do another scene.I want when start my character spawn at scene 1 , but when i start its alway spawn at scene 2 no matter what i do ....both of them have check point but its alway spawn iniatually spawn at scene 2 when i press play button... how can i choose where to start ? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  42. reuno

reuno

@RolandoPT > Could be the post processing effects. All the engine does is move your stuff around, nothing that can cause a black screen. Rendering can, but that's outside of the scope of the engine.
    @Miketysonjr > You'll likely want to tweak your build settings to decide what scene plays first. This is explained in Unity's documentation and has nothing to do with the engine, don't hesitate to check it out :)

43. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

Thanks i did it . I tried to build for windows version and then data resource is 110mb for just 2 scene... unbelieve its too heavy i dont know why @@ . My whole image assets folder i did add to it total only is 6mb .... now im figuring out how to make its below 10mb

44. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > Please use the support form if you have other questions related to the engine, thanks.

Miketysonjr likes this.
  45. mccann

mccann

Any idea why my Aim reticle stutters when running?
    [Edited -- Found the issue.] The issue is with the guns (not my code).

Rifle shows a smooth aim reticle while all other guns do not.

Example (GIF recorded at 30fps):
    Gun: reticle stutters
    TDE_1_5 - stutter issue.gif

Rifle: reticle is fine
    TDE_1_5 - NO stutter issue.gif

[using v1.5]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  46. reuno

reuno

@mccann > This is a thread about the Corgi Engine, looks like you're referring to the TopDown Engine.
    And without any idea of your context I don't know what your issue is or how to reproduce it.
    So again, please use the support form and provide more info, thanks.

47. mccann

mccann

sorry -- I had both forum threads open.

reuno likes this.
  48. Sofiel

Sofiel

@reuno I was wondering if the autoscrolling will be implemented for the one way levels?

I saw on an older post to combine a oneway level with a camera with a script for it to move. But that wouldn’t move the boundary that would push the character nor cause it’s death would it? Could it be implemented moving the level bound or am I talking amateur nonsense?

Thanks

49. reuno

reuno

@Sofiel > It's still on the todo list, and relatively high now.
    And while all the bricks are technically there, putting them together will require some code. Basically it's a regular one way level but you force its movement via a new script.

Boom_Shaka likes this.
  50. Muppo

Muppo

I've done exactly what you say, just attached a collider with "kill player on touch" script on the screen border. It didn't push the character, tho, not in the expected way (usually push it down inside floor collider) so the killing collider was mandatory in my case.

Could be nice to have it out of the box, reuno's solution will be more elegant for sure.