Search Unity

[RELEASED] Corgi Engine - Complete 2D/2.5D Platformer [new v6.0 : game feel, Cinemachine, and more]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reuno, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

sr for my bad english , im using google translate for asking . I means the image of player is cover by other object's image though i did everything like change Z position or and order in layer , its still doesnt work . Like this :

Attached Files:

2. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > I wouldn't recommend changing the z position, and I'm not sure what a negative order in layer does.
    Again there's nothing in the engine that impacts rendering, it must be some other setting in your project.
    Usually the sorting in layer and order in layer are the only things to tweak.

Miketysonjr likes this.
  3. RolandoPT

RolandoPT

Hi, does anyone successfully got the demo levels running on the Nintendo Switch? Got everything to compile but the screen stays black. Without corgi everything works fine.

Any ideas?

4. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

Are they on the same sorting layer? Also, if memory serves, "order in layer" is reverse - lower numbers render first. Try changing it to 3 or 4 and see what happens.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:52 PM
    Miketysonjr likes this.
  5. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

I skipped that problem for later, thanks .

And now i do another scene.I want when start my character spawn at scene 1 , but when i start its alway spawn at scene 2 no matter what i do ....both of them have check point but its alway spawn iniatually spawn at scene 2 when i press play button... how can i choose where to start ? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 11:44 PM
  6. reuno

reuno

@RolandoPT > Could be the post processing effects. All the engine does is move your stuff around, nothing that can cause a black screen. Rendering can, but that's outside of the scope of the engine.
    @Miketysonjr > You'll likely want to tweak your build settings to decide what scene plays first. This is explained in Unity's documentation and has nothing to do with the engine, don't hesitate to check it out :)

7. Miketysonjr

Miketysonjr

Thanks i did it . I tried to build for windows version and then data resource is 110mb for just 2 scene... unbelieve its too heavy i dont know why @@ . My whole image assets folder i did add to it total only is 6mb .... now im figuring out how to make its below 10mb

8. reuno

reuno

@Miketysonjr > Please use the support form if you have other questions related to the engine, thanks.

Miketysonjr likes this.
  9. mccann

mccann

Any idea why my Aim reticle stutters when running?
    [Edited -- Found the issue.] The issue is with the guns (not my code).

Rifle shows a smooth aim reticle while all other guns do not.

Example (GIF recorded at 30fps):
    Gun: reticle stutters
    TDE_1_5 - stutter issue.gif

Rifle: reticle is fine
    TDE_1_5 - NO stutter issue.gif

[using v1.5]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 10:52 PM
  10. reuno

reuno

@mccann > This is a thread about the Corgi Engine, looks like you're referring to the TopDown Engine.
    And without any idea of your context I don't know what your issue is or how to reproduce it.
    So again, please use the support form and provide more info, thanks.

11. mccann

mccann

sorry -- I had both forum threads open.

reuno likes this.
  12. Sofiel

Sofiel

@reuno I was wondering if the autoscrolling will be implemented for the one way levels?

I saw on an older post to combine a oneway level with a camera with a script for it to move. But that wouldn’t move the boundary that would push the character nor cause it’s death would it? Could it be implemented moving the level bound or am I talking amateur nonsense?

Thanks

13. reuno

reuno

@Sofiel > It's still on the todo list, and relatively high now.
    And while all the bricks are technically there, putting them together will require some code. Basically it's a regular one way level but you force its movement via a new script.

Boom_Shaka likes this.
  14. Muppo

Muppo

I've done exactly what you say, just attached a collider with "kill player on touch" script on the screen border. It didn't push the character, tho, not in the expected way (usually push it down inside floor collider) so the killing collider was mandatory in my case.

Could be nice to have it out of the box, reuno's solution will be more elegant for sure.

15. Reactorcore

Reactorcore

Hey I was just installing 6.0 version of Corgi Engine and I noticed this:

Oh no... I selected the 2D template when I was installing corgi because I'm making a 2D game. Do I need to redo the entire install of Corgi Engine now? :oops:

16. reuno

reuno

@Reactorcore > No, of course not, there's virtually no difference between the 2D and 3D templates. Picking one or the other has zero impact. Technically you can also pick LWRP or HDRP, you'll just have to update the materials manually.

17. Sofiel

Sofiel

Fantastic. Thank you

reuno likes this.
  18. Sofiel

Sofiel

Thanks Muppo I’ll give it a try. As you say, @reuno solution will be elegant as the whole engine is.

19. reuno

reuno

The pressure is real now :)