Search Unity

[RELEASED] Corgi Engine - Complete 2D/2.5D Platformer [new v8.0 : advanced damage system]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reuno, Dec 18, 2014.

1. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

I will send you a gif or a video of this issue, with stomp i meant the horizontal dash, and it's not in any demo, i just picked the ability and put it in my character and combined with the "damage on jump" thingy (when you jump on the enemies to kill them xD)

2. reuno

reuno

@CHEMAX3X > The horizontal dash isn't supposed to do any damage. You can add it if you want, but it's not doing any damage by default. The only (default) way to stomp enemies is to jump on them (if they have a stompable component). Check out the documentation to learn what abilities are supposed to do (or look at their description).

3. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

Yeah, i edited my reply but well, i used the stompable component, to jump on enemies and kill them, and i was trying to use the Horizontal dash as well, but it partially works, as i said sometimes the character goes through the enemies like a ghost, and other times it dies instantly, but if you say that it's not suppose to damage, so i guess it's not a bug at all =O

4. reuno

reuno

@CHEMAX3X > You'd need to extend the dash to (for example) activate a damage area, that'd be an easy way to do it.

5. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

Ok i will do that, thanks again for all your help and the quick response as always =D.

Btw, is there a posibility that in the next update (or somewhere in the future) to add punch and kick attacks ?

Best regards =)

6. reuno

reuno

@CHEMAX3X > Punch and kicks are just melee weapons, you've already got everything you need in the engine to handle them :)

CHEMAX3X likes this.
  7. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

Got it, i will check it out, thanks again for your answer (=

reuno likes this.
  8. IndyBonez

IndyBonez

Whats the easiest way to make the character glide after jumping?

9. addz92

addz92

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out. All was going well with my project until I imported the XboxLive package into my project. Suddenly this error has popped up that wasn't there before:

Assets/CorgiEngine/Common/Scripts/Managers/LevelManager.cs(91,27): error CS0115: `MoreMountains.CorgiEngine.LevelManager.Awake()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Thanks in advance :D

10. mimminito

mimminito

Try it in a fresh project. Odd that would happy as all of the Corgi stuff is within its own namespace.

11. Hellwaiker

Hellwaiker

I'm really loving this engine!

One question though, (it's pretty easy to make, but just wanted to check if I missed any built in solution)
    Is there any built in pipeline for Static room cameras? Like when you cross a boundary and switch to new "Room", and camera changes to different bounds?
    Like for example:

12. Muppo

Muppo

@Hellwaiker
    You can use this and set teleports on both the start and end of screen to simulate that behaviour.
    Maybe not the best solution but you don't have to load so many levels.

If you're really interested, rather use the @jocyf script a bit below as it is a cleaner way to add the feature.

13. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

IndyBonez
    I had the same situation, what i did if it works for you is to reduce the jetpack force to like 1(if you dont plan to use the jetpack of course) so in that case the character instead of being "pushed" upwards it will be falling slowly

14. reuno

reuno

@IndyBonez > Either create a brand new ability, or as @CHEMAX3X suggests, simply reduce the jetpack force, which will act as a glider, you then just have to tweak the effects to match your thing :)
    @addz92 > Not sure what's happening there, it's a weird one. I'd follow @mimminito's advice and try in a new project.
    @Hellwaiker > Exactly what @Muppo said.

I think it's the first time people answer three questions in a row before I get a chance to check the topic. I like this a lot, you guys are amazing :)

Muppo and CHEMAX3X like this.
  15. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

@reuno I guess we're more comfy and getting used to your wonderful engine =P

reuno likes this.
  16. OliverAge24Games

OliverAge24Games

In the FeaturesPlatforms demo scene, in Unity 2017.3.0f3 if you hold shift to run, and run up and down the slopes near the swing-rope, about 30% of the time you'll fall through the platforms and die.

Is there a fix for this?

I originally thought it was when the framerate dropped, but I added: a mathf.clamp to the time.deltatime and that didn't solve it, plus I was at constant fps of 50+ so it shouldn't have been a problem.

17. reuno

reuno

@OliverBossa > I don't reproduce this. Please use the support email and send more details (engine version, exactly how to reproduce - in a build, in editor, etc). Not sure how clamping time delta time solves framerate drops though, I'd like to learn more about that.

18. tamasbossa

tamasbossa

Hey, we have a weird bug with our character. When we move close to a wall/platform (they are on the Platforms layer) from the right, the character falls through the platform below. It only happens when we approach the platform from the right and it's 100% reproducible. I checked the collider on the player and it seems to be fine, it's always aligned correctly. The values on the Corgi Controller like the Grounded changes to False, the Falling to True and the Colliding Below to False even though I'm just running straight into the wall. Do you know what could be causing this? Thanks.

19. reuno

reuno

@tamasbossa > Just like everyone else, please use the support email, please send more info, how and where to reproduce in a vanilla demo level, etc. Thanks!

20. Hellwaiker

Hellwaiker

Thanks!

reuno likes this.
  21. tamasbossa

tamasbossa

Thanks, I'll do that.

22. Ordnas006

Ordnas006

Sorry for the late reply. It would be wonderful to be on the Corgi Engine showcase. Please share it as you like! :)

reuno likes this.
  23. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

Hello, me again x), just to let you know that there's a little bug with the jetpack:

When you are running and keep holding the run button, then jump and finally use the jetpack (without releasing the run button), the character takes the run speed, but, when you release the run button and hold it again, the character reduces the speed and stays like that. You can check it in any demo level with jetpack

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  24. reuno

reuno

@CHEMAX3X > That seems normal, the run button doesn't do anything in the air. Feel free to override that if you prefer (that'd be the first condition at the start of CharacterRun's RunStart() method). And please, if you think you've found a bug, use the support email to let me know, thanks!

CHEMAX3X likes this.
  25. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

Is just i was thinking that the jetpack should have a fixed horizontal speed no matter if you jump while running or not, but if you say that it's normal, so ok then.

....that's why i didnt use the support mail, cuz, like this time, it wasnt a bug at all.

Thanks agan for the reply.

Best regards.

26. reuno

reuno

I'm putting the finishing touches to v4.5 of the Corgi Engine. As usual, it fixes all known bugs to date, and introduces two highly requested new features : character selection (with an example in the RetroAdventure series of levels), and points of entry (the possibility to link multiple scenes and define where in the target level the character will spawn).

A few people have already beta tested this, but I could use one or two extra pairs of eyes on this, so if you're interested in giving these new features a try and can give feedback on them this week, send me a message on the support email.

Zehru, limo and CHEMAX3X like this.
  27. WannabeARG

WannabeARG

Hi, first of all its a great asset, i just bought it
    But i have a problem, its seem when i import it on Unity (ver 5.6.4) i get an old version
    or at least one in which doesn't appear the Key/Doors demo

Thanks a lot for any reply

28. reuno

reuno

29. WannabeARG

WannabeARG

Thanks Reuno

Its so weird, because when you sell it on the Store say Supported Version is 5.3.5 and up
    I know now before buying some assets i must find around some contact info the publishers doesn't recommend to read before buy
    You are great!

30. EWinter

EWinter

Hello,i want to add the combo attack to my own game.But when i try to extend meleeWeapon,there're lots of bugs.How can i realize this?

31. reuno

reuno

@EWinter > Lots of bugs? Well maybe don't create bugs. Hard to answer such a question...
    I'd recommend extending CharacterHandleWeapon to do combos though. It's on the todo list too, so if you don't feel like doing it yourself you can just wait for it to be added to the engine :)

32. Muppo

Muppo

@reuno
    I'm working on a small game for a classroom project and want the player to cling only on some kind of walls.

First idea I had is to create a trigger box collider which override the ability but I'm not sure what will be the best approach to this: enable the entire ability or the Permitted checkbox?
    (In that case, as how the ability script is written I don't know how to call it from the overriding script. Yet)

If there's a simple way to get it working I'll be glad to know :)

33. reuno

reuno

@Muppo > There is indeed a simple way, I think you're looking for the WallClingingOverride component :)

Muppo likes this.
  34. Muppo

Muppo

Oh my... how can I be that blind? ლ(ಠДಠლ)

Thank you.

35. reuno

reuno

@Muppo > To be fair, I don't think there's any demo of that component, so it's easy to overlook :)

36. knuppel

knuppel

Hello, I have a minimal scene with an player and a robot with gun (copied from another scene). With wich parameter can i set the amount of damage of the weapon?

Another questeion:
    In my scene with the player and the robot I'd like to change the parameters from the objects (like health,...) from another script attached to the scene. For example, if i kill the robot a new robot should respawn with more health and maybe more gunpower. How can i do this?

37. reuno

reuno

@knuppel > Please read the documentation about weapons, it's all explained.
    As for spawning stronger robots, you need to create a script for that, it's not something that is built in, if that's your question. As for how to access properties, just do it like you would in any Unity project, there's nothing specific to the engine here :)

38. knuppel

knuppel

Is there a way to detect if an enemy was killed from another script?

39. reuno

reuno

@knuppel > Sure, you can listen to condition events for that, if you've setup your character to send events when changing state. Or you can create your own custom events of course.

40. CHEMAX3X

CHEMAX3X

Hello, just wondering, is there something built in to move the camera by itself (if you can call it like that), in the one way levels, similar to this :

41. reuno

reuno

@CHEMAX3X > There's not, but it's on my list.
    It should be quite easy to add with what's already there though :)

42. Beldrama

Beldrama

Awesome asset!

I am trying to Corgify my previous project:

I was thinking of making the sneeze ability a weapon that applies force on the player depending on where you aim, much like in the trailer above. I found a "Modify Movement While Attacking" boolean that can be turned on with a Movement Multiplier. It seems to only affect horizontally whilst moving. Is it possible to have an "apply force" opposite to where you are aiming and shooting? Much like the game Liero or Cavestory (Machine gun) where you get pushed backwards depending on where you aim (In any direction).

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! ^^

Zehru likes this.
  43. reuno

reuno

@Beldrama > Of course you can, just look at the AddForce (and others) methods for the CorgiController. Or you can look at how the jetpack, jump, dash and other abilities work.

44. zero_equals_zero

zero_equals_zero

Hi

I am having issues finding the right trigger on the xbox one controller.
    Articles(fe https://ritchielozada.com/2016/01/16/part-11-using-an-xbox-one-controller-with-unity-on-windows-10/)
    state that this is the 10th axis. It works when I test this in an update method but not when I want to listen to buttonDown and Up

So I made sure I've set up a button by duplicating the Player1_Shoot and have set it in the input manager (both corgi and the unity input manager).assigned a custom keyboard key. This works.

I duplicated that custom one again and made sure to set the type to joystick & 10th axis.

Pressing the trigger doesn't seemed to be recognized within the following.

if (_inputManager.customButton.State.CurrentState == MMInput.ButtonStates.ButtonDown || _inputManager.customButton.State.CurrentState == MMInput.ButtonStates.ButtonPressed)

Which is confusing to me.
    I understand that the right trigger functions from 0 to 1
    I also tried to duplicate the ShootAxis in the unity inputmanager and the corgi class.

ShootAxis = MMInput.ProcessAxisAsButton(_axisShoot, Threshold.y, ShootAxis);

And set that to the 10th axis to no avail.

So my question is within the corgi inputmanager how do i listen to a trigger?

Thanks for your advice.

45. reuno

reuno

@zero_equals_zero > Not exactly sure what this has to do with the corgi engine (it's a Unity thing, nothing specific here), but you've got many examples of axis reading in the engine.
    You just have to use Input.GetAxis(axisName); as explained in Unity's documentation. And yeah triggers are axis, not buttons, so you can't really listen to buttonDown or Up. Again, look up Unity's doc, it's all explained.

46. rysone

rysone

Hello, I wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I tried searching here but no results. Possibly because Im not sure how to phrase the search. "item enable ability" "pickup enable ability" ??? lol

I want to create a pickup that if you use/equip in your inventory it will enable an ability. For example, it enables the double jump or the dash. Or you grab a jet pack pickup and if used/equipped it enables the jetpack ability.

Thanks for any help at all.

47. reuno

reuno

@rysone > well the engine includes many examples of pickable objects (coins for example), and basically here what you'll do is on Pick() do something like enabling the target ability (which conveniently already has an AbilityPermitted attribute that you can set true or false. Or you can also enable the component entirely.

48. rysone

rysone

Hey Thanks,

So I do this in the code of any pickable item correct?

49. reuno

reuno

@rysone > I don't know, it depends on what you're trying to achieve. I guess you'd want to create a dedicated class for that.

50. NAiLz

NAiLz

So I've got a ranged enemy who fires at the player and tries to keep its distance. I have everything working very well except for the weapon rotation. I can just rotate it natively using the weapon attachment transform's child game object easily enough, but the problem is that it will rotate 360 degrees so that the enemy is firing backwards and the gun is upside down. Anyone successfully used the Weapon Aim script with AI yet? Any suggestions?