Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Copicatz - Canvas to Editor GUI Converter (Editor Window & Inspector)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lazuardiyaffan, Jan 29, 2021.

1. lazuardiyaffan

lazuardiyaffan

Copicatz
    is an editor extension tool to help you create GUI for your custom editor window and custom inspector, using Unity’s built-in canvas. This tool takes the advantage of using Canvas with its ability to create and edit layouts directly in scene view or inspector, instead of making the GUI layout by code. By creating the layout through Canvas, this tool then can convert it into Editor Window or Custom Inspector. It is also capable to connect UI elements with serialized objects.

Features:
    • Convert canvas into Editor Window
    • Convert canvas into Inspector
    • Connect Custom Editor with serialized ScriptableObject or MonoBehaviour properties using Fields
    • Connect Custom Editor with serialized ScriptableObject or MonoBehaviour methods using Button
    • Responsive GUI elements with anchor, pivot, size, scale, and anchored position applied just like Canvas' Rect Transform
    • Compatible with Canvas Scaler's UI Scale Mode: Constant Pixel Size & Scale With Screen Size
    • Three ways of property/method object reference: Directly choose with object picker, Choose from other field that refers a unity object, and from inspector's serialized object (only for Inspector Converter).

Convertible UI Elements:
    • Text
    • Primitives Input Field (string, int, long, double, float)
    • Serializable Class Field
    • Unity Object Field
    • GameObject Previewer
    • Sprite / Texture Field
    • Scroll View
    • Toggle
    • Enum Dropdown
    • Int Enum Dropdown
    • Slider
    • Vector2 / Vector2Int Field
    • Vector3 / Vector3Int Field
    • Vector4 Field
    • Bounds Field
    • Rect Field
    • Curve Field
    • Button
    Get Copicatz - Canvas to Editor GUI Converter

Next update will include converter for Reorderable List and Dictionary. I’m interested in developing more features related to this asset. So I would like to hear what you guys think of this tool that can be improved, fixed, or maybe something new to add.

I’m also very open to even creating other new tools for Unity 3D, and so far I’m in love doing it and eager to see what I can create by modifying and extending Unity Editor. So, for you guys as Unity developers, what do you think you guys need related to Unity tools that maybe I can provide in the future?

You can also send your feedback, questions, and suggestions here.

Thank you!​

firstuser and calcatz like this.
  2. firstuser

firstuser

Cool idea!!

unityunity