Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Convert To Vertex Color

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Polysquat_Studios, May 6, 2019.

1. Polysquat_Studios

Polysquat_Studios

A suite of tools for easily converting textured meshes to meshes with vertex colors. Includes batch support. Convert multiple GameObjects, Meshes, and Textures all at the same time. Change colors of your characters or props with the included Color Correction Tool. Also included is a Primitive Flood Fill tool for creating meshes with a single solid vertex color.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/144742

MrKendi likes this.
  2. MrKendi

MrKendi

Hi Michael
    Thanks for this useful utility, this is exactly what i was looking for
    But I'm getting mixed results, each time, single color is changed to 2-4 slightly different shades.

Vertex painting IMHO is best way to spawn prefabs with different paint schemes. If you could add script for changing one color to another during game play it would be very useful (or at least point me how I can do it)

Attached Files:

3. MrKendi

MrKendi

I tried converting different asset, this time I got very different, faded colors, and also solid blue paint on sport car changed to hundreds gradient shades

EDIT:It looks that solution for shifted colors is to upscale smaller textures like 32x32 to 1024x1024 (using Nearest Nighbour is PS), and I also modified script to treat colors with couple point difference in RGB as same color

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  4. Polysquat_Studios

Polysquat_Studios

Hi, I had a family emergency and I was away for a few weeks. Sorry I haven't replied. Gradients do have that effect. I'll add a tolerance slider for the next update that should help with that color issue. You could also use the vertex color painter for more control.

5. Rich0

Rich0

Hi Michael, I've just purchased your asset - and it's exactly what I need... however....

Just wondering how you're getting on with the update? I'm having similar issues with faded, different colours...

6. Polysquat_Studios

Polysquat_Studios

Sorry about the delay, an update is now live on the asset store

7. shadowmatt

shadowmatt

Hi

Does this change the scale of the meshes like was mentioned in the comments?

8. Polysquat_Studios

Polysquat_Studios

The scale stays the same.

9. Bagazi

Bagazi

Hi,does it support urp?