Search Unity

[Released] Color Picker Pro: A Runtime Color Selection UI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SixThreeZero_Studios, Jul 18, 2017.

1. SixThreeZero_Studios

SixThreeZero_Studios

Hey Everyone,

So in the process of working on one my projects, I found myself in need of a clean Runtime Color Picker. I looked at several of them on the asset store and found myself unimpressed. They either didn't have the features I was looking for, or looked like they were hastily thrown together and would require to clean up the UI at very least. So I decided to create my own and it evolved in to something a little more. I've submitted the package to the asset store, now I wait.

Color Picker Pro

A Runtime Color Selection UI

Asset Store Link

516x389.png

Color Picker Pro is a Runtime UI for allowing your players to select colors, something the built in Unity UI is missing.

Color Picker Pro features a clean and easy to use interface that can be used right out of the box and is built on existing UI elements, so it is quick and easy to customize its appearance.

Features

• Ready To Use out of the Box. Simply drop the prefab in your scene and you are ready to begin using it.
    • Clean, Intuitive, and easy to use interface based on current UI items.
    • Easy to change and customize the interface to fit right in to your game or applications style.
    • Toggle-able Color Chart panel.
    • Toggle-able Color Selection History panel.
    • Color Palette
    • Event Driven Design
    • Accepts Callback's for the selection color changing, selection canceled, and color selected for things like live previewing of colors on targets while selecting the color.
    • Fully Documented Source and Runtime API.
    • Example Scenes showing different ways to make use of the Color Picker.
    • Example code showing you how to interact with the Color Picker through scripting.

DocumentedSource.png PickerWChart.png

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I don't know how to code, can I use this asset successfully in my game as a solution for players to change the colors of things? I use Playmaker.

Is there a link to the asset on the asset store?

3. SixThreeZero_Studios

SixThreeZero_Studios

Hey @theANMATOR2b ,

Apologies, I apparently forgot to watch my own thread.

Yes, this asset can be used in your game to allow players to change the color of things.
    It should be fully compaitable with Playmaker as there are several functions to display the UI which playmaker should be able to tap in to, and then several custom UnityEvent's that are fired off for things like the preview color changing, user canceling the selection process, and the user selecting a color, all of which should work with playmaker as well. Plus I'm always willing to make changes and modifications and improvements on things.

The asset just went live the other day, the link to it on the store is: Color Picker Pro

Thanks for your interest.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. SixThreeZero_Studios

SixThreeZero_Studios

Hey Everyone,

A New Version of "Color Picker Pro" is getting uploaded for review today.

This version includes Playmaker Actions specifically for use with the Color Picker Pro tool. While it was possible to previously use Color Picker Pro with Playmaker, these Actions make the whole process more stream lined with what Playmaker users expect.

The Playmaker Actions will be included in a unitypackage file included in the Actual package. To install the actions simply double click the package in the project viewer.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I think Alex or Jean will provide you with the Playmaker logo to use it in your marketing material if you request it. Nice update!

SixThreeZero_Studios likes this.
  6. SixThreeZero_Studios

SixThreeZero_Studios

Ah excellent, and thank you. While I have been aware of Playmaker for awhile, it is only recently I have come to see how popular it is with people and the benefits that come along with being able to directly integrate with it.

I was wondering if they had some sort of official "Playmaker Compaitable" imagery that could be attached. I looked over the website briefly for such a thing when i was trying to figure out how to make the actions in the first place, but I didn't stumble across anything, glad to hear there is such a thing.

7. DrEvizan

DrEvizan

I'm having trouble locating the Playmaker actions package mentioned above. Can I get some help finding the package? Alternately, how does one send the awake function and get the updated color through Playmaker?

8. zKici

zKici

Will it support gradient color picking as well?

9. kuzai

kuzai

Does this colour picker allow you to save different colours to different objects?
    For example a character creator where you can create multiple characters and would like to
    have different hair colours for each new character.