Search Unity

[RELEASED] Collision Reaction

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Greenwar, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Greenwar

Greenwar

Collision Reaction
    Easy and fast!
    Now supports 2D & 3D!

Asset store link: http://u3d.as/i69
    What happens when a sword in your game hits a wooden shield? What if that same sword hit another sword, or if that wooden shield bumped into another wooden shield?

Either nothing happens, or it all gets very confusing and hard to setup.

That's where Collision Reaction comes in.

Collision Reaction helps you create, manage and customize all of your material reactions.

With 3 simple steps(!) you can make your objects do anything you can imagine on impact, play sound effects and randomize their pitch, Instantiate random prefabs, play sound volume relative to impact strength and much, much more!

Features
    - Intuitive Editor
    - Built in "GameObject Wizard"
    - Allows for several thousands of unique reactions
    - Built in reaction/collision debugger
    - Tooltips for everything!
    - Allows for several reaction "databases" to be swapped out at runtime!
    - Multiple reactions and materials for a single object
    - Simple API

Reaction Features
    - Spawn Random Effect
    - Spawn Effect against impact normal
    - Collision Hit Floor
    - Double Slider Instantiator
    - Play Random AudioClip
    - Play Random Audio Volume
    - Audio Volume Clamping
    - Play Volume Relative To Velocity Impact
    - Audio Pitch (and random)
    - MORE COMING SOON!

Upcoming Features
    - Prefab/Audio Dynamic Pool
    - Demo Scene
    - More Reaction Settings
    - Awesome reactions!

Contact & Support: collisionreaction@gmail.com

Current status: 1.1.0 Submitted!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    netravelr likes this.
  2. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

@Greenwar, your asset look very cool, price?

3. Greenwar

Greenwar

Hey, I'm thinking 30$ right now!

4. sicga123

sicga123

Well if it's that price you've made a sale when it shows up.

5. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Great Job.

6. Greenwar

Greenwar

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you all the asset just got approved and released! You can view it on the asset store here http://u3d.as/i69

7. sicga123

sicga123

Bought it immediately. Haven't had time to mess about with it yet so can't comment further but for me it arrived just at the right time.

8. Greenwar

Greenwar

Nice. Don't forget to check back later for updates. Currently working on a built-in pooling solution for this asset ;)

9. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

I recently switched to Trigger2D instead of Collider2D for... reasons.
    I'm guessing this won't work for my case :(

10. Greenwar

Greenwar

Are you talking about OnTriggerEnter2D? Because if so, it should work just fine.

11. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about. I had to do it because current level of progress made it mandatory. If I can do it in Trigger2D functions, this is an instant buy!

12. Greenwar

Greenwar

Just wanted to let everyone who bought this asset know that a new version has been submitted, which adds 3D-support. So the asset will from now on be called "Collision Reaction".

It still supports 2D, and the API for the 3D-part is the same as for the 2D, only the methods are now overloaded and take in different parameters depending on which mode you are using.

Other than the added 3D support are various bug fixes (standalone build errors - for example).

If you upgrade to the latest version when it comes out: PLEASE DO NO FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR PROJECT BEFORE UPDATING! :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  13. ytrew

ytrew

Just purchase Collision Reaction, looking forward to beefing up my project a bit. I've just poked around, but any plans on adding trigger collisions? I found myself having to rework collisions to accommodate OnCollision events.

14. Arganth

Arganth

hmm looks good :) but is this asset still alive?

15. Greenwar

Greenwar

As alive as it needs to be, I suppose.

I check up on everything every now and then to see if people has come across any bugs. So far so good.
    No real major features updates planned for the time being, because, well... Business is slow to say the least.

16. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

I could make use of this. Does it support 5.3.4?

17. recon0303

recon0303

never seen this before, looks interesting, I was worried it was abandoned all ready.. Looks pretty awesome... If the developer is still working on it, I may consider it. But its new and have not seen any updates.

The issue is, this asset was hiding in the asset store..Now that Unity has it on the main page, people can see that it exist. That is the issue with Unity asset store...

18. Greenwar

Greenwar

Yes it does.

Yep. Initially I built this for myself since pretty much all of my projects saw a need for it, and I decided to put it on the asset store because it turned out pretty solid. However, marketing is not my cup of tea, so I suppose it will likely stay at the "dark side" of the asset store.

As for updates, I don't see myself ever abandoning this asset since I use it myself, extensively.

recon0303 and TanselAltinel like this.
  19. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

I saw this one on Reddit post long time ago.
    I suggest you create some demo reels and post it around to get people know more. Most people don't know what they can do with Unity, so it will help them too.

20. recon0303

recon0303

Another way to get attention is to do a sale... This has helped many assets get attention..

Private ones and ones that are by the asset store..

21. recon0303

recon0303

Any way to see a 3D Demo?? Like with swords and shields??

22. thonk

thonk

Hey Greenwar, does this plug-in work on objects with a lot of children with colliders that also need sound?

Dynamic objects in 3D in Unity only allow convex colliders, so often I end up having a parent (possibly with no collider) with lots of children with colliders.

Thanks.

23. Greenwar

Greenwar

Yes it does, it's pretty much what it's made for, really. There are two ways of going about this. Either you put a collision reaction script on each object that has a colliders on it. If you have an object that several colliders on it, then simply add the multiple collider script are you're good to go.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to put something like that together right now. It'd have to wait til mid-summer when things usually calm down.

thonk and TanselAltinel like this.
  24. thonk

thonk

Hey Greenwar,

Thanks for answering my previous question! I purchased the asset a while ago but couldn't get it to work. For some reason, I couldn't get the Physics Materials to show up even though they were in my game.

image.png

It only showed up when I tried Physics2D Materials though. But since I'm making a 3D game, I need to work for Physics Materials.

image (1).png

Any ideas what might be wrong? I tried opening a new empty project but still couldn't get the Physics Materials to show up. I'm using Unity 5.2.2 right now btw.

Thanks.

25. jeremiasz

jeremiasz

I am willing to buy it. Isn't it abandoned? Does it work in 5.5? Pls fast reply, pls! :) :) :)

26. Greenwar

Greenwar

Hey there! It is probably because you haven't set the database mode to 3D. Click on the options above the material list and click the "Change Database Mode" button and you should be good.

I've documented this more clearly in the guide for the upcoming update.

Hello,
    It's not abandoned. In fact, a new update should be approved my Unity within a couple of days.

jeremiasz and TanselAltinel like this.
  27. Ortath

Ortath

I am considering this as one of my purchases this month as it is in level 11. I see there is a dll in the package so I am wondering a few things: 1. What platforms does/will it support? 2. How can I optimize it to reduce lag and adapt it to work on difficult platforms without source code or deal with changes in future versions of unity?

28. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I see there is a DLL, so no source code. As long as the asset does it's jobs it's not a problem for me, however, I am concerned by future versions of unity not being compatible if/when the asset gets no more updates (it has happened with a lot of assets in the past, no promises will make me believe otherwise now)
    Also, like Ortath up here, I am concerned with the platform compatibility: I chose unity because I can output to desktop, android, ios and consoles. When there is a DLL in there, compatibility is not guaranteed.
    This asset would help me save time for the collision management, but if I have to go back and change everything because I find later on incompatibility issues, it will make me loose more time that the time I saved in the beginning.

29. recon0303

recon0303

DLL's no source code is a huge issue on the asset store, since of these issues you named, which is why I do not buy new assets, unless I see alot of demo's and a very active developer and a promise to release source code if in fact they abandon it..Sad to because I would of bought this, but I will have to pass due to reasons stated by Atomicjoe.

atomicjoe likes this.
  30. Greenwar

Greenwar

Hey there,
    It currently supports PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.
    As for optimization, I honestly believe that there is nothing that could significantly improve the actually performance of the asset itself. There are a few methods that you could use to override the audio or gameobject instantiations and return a wrapper class which contains values for each collision based on your settings. People use this for object/audio pooling with other 3rd party programs. So I suppose there's that.

A entirely valid concern, however I have no plans on opening up the source code at this point I'm afraid.
    Compatibility with the platforms mentioned above is guaranteed however. I have helped many indies/companies push their projects out the door using Collision Reaction on all of those platforms.

31. floAr

floAr

Will your asset work for collisions between GameObjects and Terrain? So doing different CollisionReactions between a tire and snow/sand/grass/rock?

32. Greenwar

Greenwar

Yes. :)

33. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi @Greenwar , this looks like a very useful asset! I am considering to use this for bullet collisions. I would like to know the following:

1) Is there a setting that can change the velocity of a collision object once it has hit another object? Eg. if it hits wood it slows down by 10%, but if it hits stone it slows down by 50%

2) If I would need a collision object to penetrate through certain surfaces could this be setup? Eg. the collision object can pass through wood (triggering a reaction on impact), but it cannot pass through metal

I look forward to your reply.

34. amidofu

amidofu

Hi Greenwar,
    I bought it and I have trouble to apply the reaction on 3D objects.

edit: OK I found where to change the settings for 3D objects, it seems that the screenshots in the manual are from the old version so I didn't notice the switch button.

BTW, the package doesn't contain a "Demo" scene.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  35. amidofu

amidofu

Hi Greenwar,

I found a problem about exporting unity package with collision reaction. When I export the unity package from a project then import the package to another project, the collision reaction database is not loaded automatically. So after I imported the package to another project and run it in Unity Editor, I get NullReferenceException when querying the database. Is it by design? Or maybe I should use CollisionReaction2SetActivateTable to avoid this situation.

Thank you.

36. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

I Recomande to make this Asset VR Capable,
    Dont know much about it,.
    But as rift user i despertly looking for Vr assets,
    sich Green says its not his cup of thea promoting, it might help to have a official VR Ready stamp on asset with bit of work
    so its way visable in THE VR section and maybe to in unity promotion,
    feels VR is the way to go,3D is a awsome step, its reach more 100% i think , what if VR gets your asset out of the darkzone? whould that be a idea? cos your asset is the only around which activly worked on. it might be VR capable already, but sich your proud of 3D capable lets go for VR to, it mights hift the world abit more.

i Truely believe in this asset, making a VR interactive Furry art Char,

i have a dozen aproved ideas in assets i belive in in this 2 months alone.SO lets try to makea Revolutin in Sales here.
    i want my Furry Interactive Art to work bestw ay is to push devlpers instead of waiting.

kind regards
    Daniel

37. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

requesting that can select mutiple objecs and can aply the fixes on al selected objects prety please. its a pain to select euch bone of leap motion controler of euch finger. do love the Fix butons. but prety please that it aplys to all selected objects if posible:)

Kind Regards
    Daniel

38. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

hey again! here message

The Collision Reaction asset doesn't seem to have an API for creating custom reactions at the moment, so I can't do anything about that one unless they add one.

Regards,

Rhys Clarke
    LipSync Developer

kind regards
    Daniel

39. vice39

vice39

Hello,
    I have a problem with this asset. It works in Editor but when I build a standalone executable, none of the collision reactions trigger or do anything. I'm using Unity 2017.2.0f1 and building for Windows.

Any ideas what is going on ?

40. Sword111

Sword111

Hi ive just bought you app for a VR game it works, but rather than one sound it trills , like a vibration continually repeating the sound, as the object is hitting,its on a configurable joint . any ideas on how to resolve this ? Best H

41. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

HI there, is this asset still mantained?

If not, are there any good alternatives?

42. recon0303

recon0303

I doubt it since he has not logged in for over a year.. and no updates in two years.