Search Unity

[FREE] CloudConsole - The Unity Console output, on the cloud!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Novack, May 4, 2016.

1. Novack

Novack

Cloud Console offers a simple and effective way to access the Unity Editor Console output remotely, using just a web browser.

From the Unity Editor or virtually any Unity build target, Cloud Console will connect your game with a web service -hosted on your Google Drive-, which generates a webapp where you can read the console log as the game plays.

This flexibility cames at no cost: is totally unobstrusive to your development process, your workflow and your game.

Summary:

• Access Unity Console output on the Cloud.
    • Help developers, QA staff, & support.
    • Unobtrusive: trivial changes required.
    • No credentials required.
    • Source code included.
    • No dependencies, plain Unity API calls.
    • Easy deployment, no extra hosting required.
    • Detailed Developer Guide.

Cloud Console uses the principle behind Google Sheets for Unity, which enables Unity projects to make use of Google Drive environment and services, while freeing developers from third party libraries or dependencies, authentications, hosting services, or handling of end users credentials.

Using this simple but remarkable mashup, Cloud Console effectively allows your development team, QA staff, support team, and distributed partners, to access in real time the output of a running game build, played by team members or even players anywhere in the planet where there is an internet connection.

Since January 2019, this asset if FREE.

GET IT!
    January, 2019 Update:

The asset has received a complete revamp, simplifying some parts and improving performance drastically on the server side, particularly on the Google Doc Report generation that was lagging due to the use of image blobs on some parts. I have changed to unicode char glyphs, among other things.

Also, from this moment, the asset will be FREE of charge.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. Novack

Novack

Is out! Today it has been aproved by the Asset Store revision team.

3. Novack

Novack

@Everyone a quick fix/note:

On late Unity versions the WebRequest API has been modified, and the Send() method has been marked as obsolete.
    This may result on annoying console warnings, and some people has even reported malfunctions.

This affects all the Cloud Suite assets: Google Sheets For Unity, CloudPlayer, CloudConsole, CloudPrefs, and CloudImages.

To fix this, until I can update the assets to new versions, please open the <*>Connector<*> class (naming varies depending the asset) and change the line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. www.Send();
    to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. www.SendWebRequest();
    Thats it for now, that should handle any issues until I can elaborate and a new version be released.
    Thanks!

4. Novack

Novack

Quick reminder: CloudConsole is part of Asset Store May Madness Sale, and is 30% OFF! :)

5. Novack

Novack

Hey peoples!

I've decided to design a new asset related to Cloud Console (and to Google Sheets for Unity). It will encompass spreadsheet data input/output at runtime, file handling (downloading & uploading), and of course Unity console to cloud implementation :)

So: "Google Drive for Unity" is coming!

As said, Im planning some new features, and likely will pack all the current Cloud Tools into a single cohesive multipurpose asset, including different example cases.

Will have news soon...
    Until then, Happy Christmas!

6. Novack

Novack

Attention fellas :)

In the coming days, I'll make CloudConsole a FREE asset. Just need to do some due maintenance first :)

Right now working on a public WebGL example for the upcoming Google Sheets for Unity extended version, that will merge & extend the CloudTools (https://assetstore.unity.com/lists/cloudtools-13685).

I'll keep you posted!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  7. Novack

Novack

Quick update, Im near complete with the works, looks like CloudConsole will be up for grabs this week (as soon as I can wrap up the changes).

8. Novack

Novack

Cloud Console is up for grabs!

Get it for FREE on itchio (which seems to have an increasing collection of nice looking Unity tools!)

Here is the link: https://novack.itch.io/cloudconsole