Search Unity

[RELEASED] Cloth Dynamics

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Nexusmaster, Dec 9, 2020.

1. khos

khos

Is this still on the roadmap?
    Can it be used to simulate soft tires?
    Cheers

2. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Hi, I think you should only add the Cloth shader that you are actually using to the included shader list, never had this issue so maybe you just check which shaders you have in the shader variants file and if there are some shaders that you don't need just remove them? Normally only the main cloth shader that is applied to the material of your clothes is needed, the rest should be added via resources.

3. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Yes it's a good idea to test UMA again now with CDV2, I will have a look at it, thanks for the reminder!

4. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Hi, you need to make your two-sided mesh as a proxy mesh and use a copy of this mesh with no double sided geometry as the cloth sim object. I recently added the proxy mesh function for V2 too.

5. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Hi, it's still on the roadmap and the next big update will include it! I made some fake softbody tests already for V1 but for real softbody behaviour I will add something different. Thanks!

6. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Sorry for replying so late, if you want quicker support join the discord server and write me a DM or in the Cloth Dynamics Channel! Thank you!
    https://discord.gg/kKA9UyR4qg

7. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

New sdf body collision feature will be added to the next update of V2:

8. curator39

curator39

Hi. I can't understand why Unity gives me an error. I add the Protection Mask component for clothes, configure everything as in the documentation, but when Unity starts, it gives an error. What could be wrong? Unity version 2021.3.4f1 URP. I added shaders and added the necessary nodes to my shaders. Without Protection Mask, everything works as it should, but with it immediately an error.

Here are all the settings:
    upload_2023-6-27_17-23-36.png
    cloth:
    upload_2023-6-27_17-24-31.png
    upload_2023-6-27_17-24-55.png
    Meshes:
    upload_2023-6-27_17-25-53.png
    upload_2023-6-27_17-26-16.png

I took the CD settings from the example. I also reviewed all the settings and even put the same materials. If you look at the demo, everything works as it should, but with the same settings, Unity throws an error and closes.