Search Unity

[RELEASED] Clipboard - Copy'n'Paste multiple Components

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Wanzyee, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

So, the weird things are below, right?
    1. It automatically drops just when you arrived the Inspector. [Edit] Without releasing mouse?
    2. It pastes the value, but suddenly revert.

The rest questions:
    1. Could you try to click the context menu, and see can it paste well without reverting?
    2. What stops working after dragging for a while? The cursor becomes normal, or unable to drag again, or worse...?

I think I have to borrow a Mac to test that...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  2. mografi_joe

mografi_joe

1. If it comes up, I can click the context menu and it pastes without reverting as expected. I can of course also right click the component and click 'paste component values' as well.

2. Sometimes the context menu won't even come up when holding ctrl+dragging to paste. Can't tell what's causing this issue. Feels like how the plus icon will sometimes appear for a split second ( when not holding ctrl ) then goes away.

Thanks for helping try to sort this out!

3. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Thanks for your help to clarify the situation patiently.
    I'd try to test on a Mac and make it up asap.
    It might take some days, and I'll tell when I make it.
    Sorry for letting you use the context menu before it gets fixed.
    Regards.

4. mografi_joe

mografi_joe

5. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.1.4 is currently "Published".

- Add new class AuxCursor to show cross windows dragging hint, useful for editor developer.
    - Change the drag'n'drop pasting system to avoid some weird behavior on Mac.
    - It's able to cancel dragging paste by press "Esc" key.

Thank @mografi_jpruss2001 for support and help testing on Mac.
    Let's look forward the asset store to publish, if you face the same situation issued above.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  6. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Nice work man!!!!

7. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi, Everyone,

For better service, to avoid conflict between common classes in DLLs of different packages
    I plan to provide source version only, and the DLL version will be deprecated and no longer updated.

It's recommended to upgrade to the source version if you have the DLL version before.
    Excuse me, the upgrade price 1$ is the lowest Unity allows, since I can't set "Major Version upgrade" currently.

It's definitely welcome to contact me if you have further question about upgrading or anything.

Thanks for your support, Regards,
    Wanzyee

8. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

So exciting that we have one more good review for the free version.
    I'm glad the free version is useful, since it has been downloaded a lot.
    Wish I can make the full version better, and let the "Drag'n'drop" partially be included in the trial features.

9. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

I enjoy using Component Clipboard a lot but I too would very much like the 'Paste multiple Components to one Gameobject' option

10. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Haha, thanks for your support.
    That's really a great feature and noted in my wish list to do.
    But it may not be so fast, since I have to consider the operation and the UI.
    BTW, I'm looking forward, too... LOL

11. Fronne

Fronne

An almost PERFECT little GEM...

Every now and then there's a little Gemstone hidden at the oh so crowded Asset Store and this is definitely one of them. I found this little diamond by accident and purchased it immediate because the idea behind it is GREAT...

After studying the other Assets (and put all of them on my wish list) of the Dev I decided to skip the free version and buy the full version instead, just a matter of trust in the Developer I suppose...

After installation I knew this Gem is a winner because it's absolutely Brilliant, a Pearl of the sea, everything is right with this Asset. I tagged it immediately with CLIWI (Can't LIve Without It) and there are just a few other Assets tagged with the same label, it's an absolute TimeSaver, GREAT JOB Dev...

If only the Dev allow us to change the name of the saved Component it would be better than perfect, for the time being it's just only PERFECT...

My Verdict: 5 Stars for Coding, 5 Stars for Documentation and 5 Stars for the idea...

Franco Palmieri
    Fronne

12. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi, @Fronne,

Thanks so much for your support and suggestion.
    I've added "Custom note of copied item" to my wish list, and will consider the UX if to change item name.

I'm very glad that this asset helps.
    I'll try my best to make it after my current project done.

Thank you, Regards,
    Wanzyee

Fronne likes this.
  13. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Can i copy terrain with this so that i can use it in another project?

14. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi, @RandAlThor,

I've just did a very simple test to copy a terrain component.
    It's able to copy the component just like others, BUT~~ it might not be suitable for your demand.

1. Component Clipboard doesn't support crossing projects.
    2. A terrain is actually an asset, it's easier to export an asset package directly.

BTW, there's a free version of Component Clipboard, you may just download and try it.

Wanzyee

Fronne likes this.
  15. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Important, if you update to Unity 5.5!
    New version 1.1.6 is currently "Published"!

- Fix the random crash caused by removing component in Unity 5.5.
    - Fix the hideFlags error occurs when copying component in Unity 5.5.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  16. Player7

Player7

Glad you got that random crash error fixed.. it turned out one of my 5.5 bug reports to Unity was actually your clipboard plugin that was in the project causing it to crash on removing components with no visible errors to it being this plugin. I had been using that project in 5.4 so it slipped when I brought it into 5.5 beta.. not sure when you found out about it, did Unity let you know about it or you just find out when 5.5 was out of beta? Or someone else report it? I kinda forgot to

Anyway to follow up the suggestion.. I was thinking about a per component preset feature..so instead of copy to clipboard.. another option for save/update preset, get a window popup for preset name.. then maybe add some dropdown gui next to the component name, that lets you select a past preset or delete it...obviously maybe presets could be restricted to just certain fields and not everything like gameobject changes.

I guess as an example like when you use the color picker, it has some presets ui at the bottom. Similar to that only the presets would be something you could make per component and the gui would be in the inspector for that component that has preset existing for it.

I imagine alot of the code for it is already part of this clipboard plugin, failing that another wishlist item for Unity to do there job improving the editor functionality which they aren't exactly doing.

Fronne likes this.
  17. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi, @Player7,

Actually Unity send me a mail about the issue, I don't even know who reported that.
    Thanks for your support and report... LOL

The crash may be caused by the usage of the built-in Editor class system.
    That's why Unity fixes it for 5.6, I fixed it for 5.5.
    BTW, the new version is published today, Ya!

I'll think about your great suggestion, they may have similar functions and different UI conception.
    Thank you again~~~

Regards,
    Wanzyee

Fronne likes this.
  18. Player7

Player7

yeh that was my issue id, no probs.. don't forgot to send me a copy of the new thing if you do it :D maybe make some way to quickly toggle/cycle, back/forth between presets.. it would make it a killer feature for workflow improvements in trying out different values, being able to change a group of component settings all at once (or even multiple components)

Fronne likes this.
  19. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

To simplify the toolbar UI, new version 1.1.7 is currently "Published".

- Move the toolbar "Window" and "Tooltip" buttons to the window context menu.
    - Change the toolbar "Clear" button icon instead of text.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  20. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi, Everyone,

I've received an error report from George, thanks a lot.
    The error occurs in Unity 5.5.0p3, please take a look if you face this exception below.
    It's caused by losing reflection to access an internal InspectorWindow API which Unity changed it.

The attachment "Clipboard_Patch_20170126.cs" below is the temporary solution before the next update.
    Please place it beside the "Clipboard.cs" in your asset folder, then Unity will reload the script and log a success message.
    Enjoy!

Wanzyee

Attached Files:

21. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.2 is currently "Published".

There're a lot of changes in this version, please remove the old version before updating.

- More features for free version, e.g., more copies, fold item, preview, find source, API.
    - New, custom item label for search and identification.
    - New, quick search menu to select filters without manual typing.
    - New, auto filter by tracking selected objects.
    - Change the search bar to work like the Project window's instead of regex.
    - Keep the search filter after exiting the editor.
    - Keep the fold states after exiting the editor.
    - Clearer GUI, show item's buttons only when mouse hover, and adjust layout a little.
    - Show a confirm dialog when click "Clear all" button to avoid miss operation.
    - Save label data to AssetImporter.userData instead of a temp file in assets.
    - Optimize, lower reload frequency with a new trigger system, obvious while playing.
    - Optimize, new faster reload system for multiple windows usage.
    - Change the store folder from "Temps/Clipboard" to "Temp/Clipboard".
    - Change EditrixStyle API from "Create" to "Load", and reuse the generated texture.
    - Fix, drag an object into a field of a copied item.
    - Fix, Inspector reflection for dragging paste in Unity 5.5.0p3.
    - Fix, support to copy audio filters.
    - Improve compatibility for the same name types of different assemblies.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  22. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.2.1 is currently "Published".

- New, double-click the Copy button to duplicate a copied item.

BTW, here's a new video to show how it could work as a Component Presets Panel.
    @Player7, how do you think about the video?... :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  23. Player7

Player7

Yeah it does look good, it's not how I imagined the implementation but I guess without unity source code it makes doing it that way difficult or maybe impossible.

I only have the lite version so I can't test or use it fully ;)

24. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

LOL, thanks @Player7.
    Actually, we can read lots of Unity source code from its DLLs, Unity opens them.
    But I implement in this way with the thoughts below~~
    • Presets may be better for types instead of a specific component instance.
    • I may not need to make a brand new UI for presets, since the filtered clipboard looks well.
    • Dragging is much faster and easier than twice clicking context menu.
    The rest I'm considering are~~
    • How to implement pasting partial properties or multiple components.
    • Which features should be opened for the lite version users to try more...lol!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  25. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi, Everyone,

For avoiding conflict between common classes in DLL of different packages.
    After published one year, I finally can deprecate the DLL version for better service.
    If you've purchased the DLL version, please contact me for upgrading... LOL

Cheers!!

26. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

For Fun!
    I've added Chinese subtitle to all the demo videos. 我給三支說明影片都加了中文字幕。
    Of course, they already have English subtitle, too.

27. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.2.2 is currently "Published".

- Free version, drag'n'drop Transform, Camera, Light to copy and paste for trial.
    - Free version, able to filter items with the search bar.
    - Fix, error occurs when use the context menu to copy more than the limit in free version.
    - Fix, API "track" didn't work properly.
    - Fix, unfocus the text field when change layout to ensure display correctly.
    - Fix, potential uncleared editor error.
    - Add the label "Ignore" to the asset copies in case.

Wish you like it, thanks for your support~~

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  28. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.2.3 is currently "Published".

- Fix, quick search menu to determine the existing keywords.
    - Change the package name.

PS: The dll in the free version is also renamed, please remove the old version before updating if you're using the free version.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  29. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.2.4 is currently "Published".

- Fix, a mouse up aborting exception may occurs when drop to open the paste menu.

30. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi,

Thank Michael Thomas very much for reporting:
    Then I found the dll settings is fine in Unity 5.3.5, which version I've used to upload the asset.
    It may be caused by Unity changing the settings serialization, maybe.

To solve it if you faced the same issue, please set the dll settings as the attachment image.
    Thanks for your support, Regards.

Wanzyee.

Attached Files:

31. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

Hi, Guys,

I just found something about the dll setting issue above.

If the dll is compiled in Unity 2017.1, and exported from 5.3, the settings becomes wrong.
    If compiled in 2017.2, the dll is not usable in 5.3, because of Unity changing some builtin dll dependency.
    If compiled in 5.3 with the same code, and exported from 5.3, that's fine to import to 5.3 or 2017.2.

By the way, I may upload the dll compiled in 5.3 when next update.

32. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

33. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.2.5 is currently "Published".

- New, window context menu "Settings" to toggle if prefer persisting.
    Thank Uroš, who is from Fat Pug Studio and I don't know his forum ID to @, to provide suggestin.
    Enable to save the copies for next time opening the project. Disable to make copying faster without creating asset if you don't need. It only applies to copy operations after changing this setting.
    And of course, it's enabled by default since the Clipboard is designed for that.

- Fix, prevent errors caused by missing components.
    Also thank Uroš to report the issue by mailing.

- Compile Lite version and upload by the same Unity version to avoid plugin settings wrong.
    This should resolve the dll setting issue.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  34. Wanzyee

Wanzyee

New version 1.2.6 is currently "Pblished".

- Provide assembly definition files, please be aware the script files were moved therefore.
    - Fix, material edit interface doesn't show in Unity 2018.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  35. Player7

Player7

Assembly 'Assets/WanzyeeStudio/Plugins/Editor/Clipboard_Lite_Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:Unable to resolve reference 'UnityEngine.Networking'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?

needs updating for 2019.1 unity

Fabi88 likes this.
  36. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

There's also a bug in 2018.3 which throws an exception (see below) every time assemblies are reloaded with the plugin in your project. I get a similar exception in the Lite version of my Inspector Gadgets plugin. It doesn't actually seem to affect the functionality at all, it's just annoying. I reported the bug to Unity on Jan 1st but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm fairly certain it's a result of the obfuscation we're using since it doesn't happen on my pro version. It looks like you're using similar obfuscation settings to me (though you're using a newer version of ConfuserEX). I plan on figuring out how much the settings would need to be relaxed to avoid the issue (it's likely the use of odd characters in member names) once I have a new version ready to go, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
    System.Environment.FailFast (System.String message) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    <Module>.‫‬‮‭‪‭‏‮‮‪‫‬‎‫‪‍‪‫‬‌‪‮ (System.String ) (at <9f254472b0dc442a918265f25b076b51>:0)
    <Module>.‎‌‪‫‮‏‭‍‫‏‭‭‏‍‪‍‬‮‭‮ (System.Object ) (at <9f254472b0dc442a918265f25b076b51>:0)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart (System.Object obj) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    UnityEngine.UnhandledExceptionHandler:<RegisterUECatcher>m__0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

Fabi88 likes this.
  37. andylewisart

andylewisart

+1 for getting this recompiled for 2019.

38. jeffcrouse

jeffcrouse

I am using Unity 2019.2.2f1, and when I import this package, I get the following 2 errors:

The type or namespace name 'NetworkTransformChild' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    The type or namespace name 'NetworkTransform' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Commenting out line 57 in Clipboard.Manager.cs seems to have fixed it.

andylewisart likes this.
  39. Nightshade85

Nightshade85

Using Unity 2019.3.0f6 I can't get this to run at all.
    I downloaded thru the Asset Store, imported into the project and I open the tool via Window > Clipboard.

Problem is that the EditorWindow is completely blank and holds no UI controls. UIElementsDebugger shows nothing.

40. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

How is anyone even using Unity without this addon? it's practically essentialy in order to make changes to things while in playmode and then copy to clipboard and repaste when not in play mode... anyway it's broken...

41. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

:(
    Wanzyee was last seen:
    Oct 28, 2021