Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Clean Sci Fi: Modular Corridors and Rooms

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Psimoh, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Psimoh

Psimoh

Hello everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that I have recorded a bunch of support videos for the assets pack 'Clean Sci Fi: Modular Rooms and Corridors'

Asset Store link -
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/32700

YouTube Channel play list link -
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmnDuGz0AKfkXZgPvWKzJDn-Vyd_yjeO1

Promo Video for the Pack -

The pack was authored in Unity 4.3 for maximum compatibility with the huge Unity user base but I am currently working on enhancements for Unity 5 users. Watch this thread for news about future releases and support.

As always, feedback is very welcome.

Some screen shots.

testscreen-6.png Prefab_gallery.png testscreen-2.png testscreen-4.png

All footage was rendered using Unity 4.3 with pro version image effects. Unity 5 examples coming in good time.
    The set contains over 50 prefabs, some with working scripts, and all pre-lit where appropriate. By this I mean they are ready for baking light maps.
    Despite being primarily an art asset pack it also comes with set of scripts that comprise a working elevator system. Two types of elevator (service and personnel) are included.

Plans for the future include the possibility of expanding the existing pack to include more modules, more sample props (to keep the lonely barrel and crate company) and some optimisation to make it mobile friendly.
    Companion packs are also on the cards. It all depends upon the reception these assets receive.

I'll update this thread with more materials as I make them it and any news on updates.

Thanks for your time!

Psimoh - Made with Mice

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. ZJP

ZJP

'Clean'. Without dust, edges.... I Like it. Bookmarked. :cool:

Psimoh likes this.
  3. proandrius

proandrius

Unity Technologies

Would be nice to see rendered in Unity 5 :)

4. Psimoh

Psimoh

It's on my list. ;)

5. ZJP

ZJP

The big problem is that none of you offers complete packages: inside (corridors corridors and corridors. Many on the Store !!!), outside (external facades - please!!!), objects (console, box, tools, etc ..) it is necessary (for us - coders, not artists) to combine several products. The result is a catastrophic "Artistic Direction". :(
    This is why i LOVE clean products. ;)

6. MagicZelda

MagicZelda

I agree 100% nice and clean ty OP will watch thread

Psimoh likes this.
  7. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Bookmarked :)

This will work nicely as a map in a futuristic FPS I am working on.

I noticed in the full list of modules image, you have some walls and floors separated. Can this be used to make multi-story open areas, like a hanger? Also, can the modules be configured so you can have a balcony at the top looking down into the open area?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Psimoh likes this.
  8. Psimoh

Psimoh

Hey Zaddo67, glad you like it. The short answer to you question is no.

The longer answer is that it is something that I've considered but just didn't manage to get into this first version. I can't guarantee when that will happen, but rest assured it is on my road map.

This is what is great about finally launching something. While working on it you are a little in the dark. Now I know someone wants a particular feature (which would potentially appeal to others) I can bump up the priority of that feature.

Zaddo67 likes this.
  9. Psimoh

Psimoh

10. Psimoh

Psimoh

Feedback has been great for the pack. Thanks everyone. I'm pleased to announce that I have recorded several support videos for the pack covering topics that may help users of these assets. I cover subjects such as gaining extra performance through occlusion culling and light mapping.

Here is a link to a play list on the Made with Mice YouTube channel:

11. Psimoh

Psimoh

Just thought I'd post to update you with progress on the forthcoming update to the environment pack.

The two big features of the update are Unity 5 standard PBR shader support plus Substance support.
    That's right, fully customisable textures.

If you want a bit more detail I have a blog post on my web site and there is a Facebook version too.

Here's a screen shot showing off the colour and wear variation you can expect in the coming update.