Search Unity

Games [Released] City Blocks

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by DevDudeDD, Oct 3, 2020.

1. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

Links
    About the Game

City Blocks is a relaxed highscore puzzle game.

Place new buildings in a strategic way to upgrade them and increase the population of your city. Collect jokers by letting your citiy grow and use them to buy new buildings. Beat your own highscore and climb the leaderboard.

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

If you have some ideas for this game or want to report a bug, please let me know. This is my first release, so your feedback is very helpful to me! Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for playing!
    Good luck and have fun!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    DonPuno and carking1996 like this.
  2. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

Hi everybody,
    i have updated the game. Now you can submit your city once the game is over and get a rank in the highscore table.

Thanks for playing :)

3. ArturSousaMusic

ArturSousaMusic

I really enjoyed the mechanics!

Just one quick feedback regarding the sound: the clicking sound effect only plays on the left channel and I'd say it's a bit too loud.

Keep it up!

DevDudeDD likes this.
  4. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

@artursousamusic Thanks a lot for your feedback :) I will have a look at this issue.

In the meanwhile i uploaded the game to gamejolt.com, too. The API of this platform allows to add trophies, so i implemented them.

trophies.png
    If you have an account there, you can try it out and gain some EXP while playing :cool:

For everyone who is interested, there is an asset for the gamejolt api in the assetstore, which makes things very easy:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/add-ons/services/billing/game-jolt-api-103938

5. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

Hi everybody,

i have updated the game to unity 2020.2 and revised the game visuals by using the universal render pipeline and shadergraph. For more information i wrote a short devlog.

As always any feedback is highly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  6. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

7. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

Hi everyone,
    the game has received a major update and is now also available for android.

Besides a lot of tweaks to support the new platform, we also updated the UI and added some animations and transitions to make the game feel more smooth. We hope you like it! As always any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank you for playing :)

8. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

Hello everyone,
    we updated the game and included a small tutorial. So new players can get an overview about the main game mechanics quickly. As always any feedback is highly appreciated. Have fun building your city :)

9. DevDudeDD

DevDudeDD

Hi,
    we updated our game and added a new mechanic, which we think adds even more strategic gameplay and allows you to reach even higher scores.

With your growing population you will now get jokers from time to time. You can spent these jokers to buy new buildings and place them instantly. As always any feedback is apreciated :)