Search Unity

[Released] CCG Kit: create your own collectible card game with Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t1000

t1000

What´s the layout of the project/assets?

Are the cards UI components inside a Canvas? are they objects in the world space? Is is everything in Screen Overlay Canvas or this could be easily used in a 3D setup?

2. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The cards are regular 2D sprites and only the user interface elements are using Unity's UI system.

3. darukin

darukin

Hi all,
    First of all great tool!
    I have a couple questions:

For something a bit more complex, I was wondering 2 things:

1) As far as code / architecture goes, how would you suggest going about creating an ability to create a 'Steal opponent card' effect.
    I.e. a spell to steal an opponent card to defect and become your own and move to your side of the board. 'Move Card' effect in abilities section doesn't seem to have a way to move between opponent board and player board and I'm not sure the best way to go about defecting a card within CCG setup, like is creating a new Effect that changes the ownerPlayer the way to go?

2) Is there a way to have certain cards stack up in the same slot on board or a suggested approach to extend this in code? Or if not that then some sort of merge effect that replaces a creature card, when you stack 2 of the same onto it for example?

Thanks!

Best,
    Rami

4. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! We do not provide technical support here. Please use the contact form in our website and we will be happy to assist.

5. ponasoft

ponasoft

I saw the project is upgraded to Unity 2019.4.0 LTS. Is there any technical problem with updating to Unity 2020? I have changed the code a lot and I wanted to check what is changed in the latest versions but I can't find the GitLab project. Do you still use it and may I have access to changes?

6. CaptainTPK

CaptainTPK

Good afternoon, I hope you are all well over at GameVanilla.

I'm considering purchasing this kit but wanted to ask a few quick questions.

1. Would it be trivial to have card collections stored in a database on a server?
    2. Would it be trivial to not have all cards available at the start?
    3. Are there any examples of projects using your kit?
    4. Is there a community (Discord/forum) for customers to support each other and provide addins/plugins to compliment the kit?

7. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The kit will work fine with both Unity 2019 and Unity 2020. You can see the changes here; we disabled the GitLab repository a while ago because no users were actively using it.

8. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you!

Answering your questions:

1. and 2. I cannot really answer myself: these are features not built into the kit and how trivial they will be to implement will depend more on your experience with Unity programming than on anything else.

3. @ponasoft's Dreamshard is one great example of using the kit as a foundation and taking it to a whole new level of customization.

4. Not at the moment. There have been some users expressing interest in this so it may happen in the future. In the meantime, you can use this forum thread and I will also be happy to accept contributions to the official wiki.

ponasoft likes this.
  9. CaptainTPK

CaptainTPK

Thank you for your reply. I have just bit the bullet and made the purchase.
    It would be really good if there was a discord setup similar to how ummorpg/mmo-kit does it.

foobooio and ponasoft like this.
  10. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your purchase and your feedback!

11. foobooio

foobooio

Yup, I bought it the other day and spent many hours pouring over the code. Seems a shame that the best documentation is stashed behind a paywall :'( Have so many questions and it feels like a waste to send them by email (it's 2020!) instead of other users being able to benefit from the answers. Forum or Discord would be fab!

12. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The documentation is not behind a paywall and has never been; it has always been publicly available here. Having said that, we actually launched a Discord server a few days ago and you can find it here (I was just preparing for an official announcement).

13. MSGgame

MSGgame

I have Master server kit and CCG kit
    I followed the guide. Integrating Master Server Kit - CCG Kit
    I can Login and single play but I can't create room this game

Is this working properly now?

14. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes, it is. Please reach us via the contact form at our website and we will be happy to assist; we do not provide technical support in this forum thread.

15. B_Richard

B_Richard

Hi, do you plan on upgrading the kit to be using Mirror (instead of Unet) ?
    Just asking because we're currently using CCG Kit for one of our project and we're wondering whether or not using it with Master Server Kit or Dedicated Server Kit (which would require that we rework the client part BUT would be a more sustainable solution because no more Unet then).

16. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

We have many things planned for all of our CCG-related products this year, and Mirror support (and potentially MLAPI now that it will be the official networking library of Unity) is certainly something we want to research. As of today, the recommended path with CCG Kit is using Master Server Kit. UNET will work just fine for quite some time still and we will support it for as long as it is possible to do so.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I use the kit for loading my own map after the win or loose of battle and move ahead in this map if there is a win.

The issue is that even if i win, the endgame type seems to be set to loose, is this a bug ?

It always goes into the "case EndGameType.Loss:" in server.cs

Thanks

18. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Could you please reach us via the contact form at our website? We do not provide technical support in this forum thread; we mostly keep it for pre-purchase questions and general announcements. Thank you in advance!

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, sure, is there a link for that site ? Thanks

20. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

This is it!

21. Granti98

Granti98

Hello i'm new / pleb in Coding. bought the CCG Kit because wanna learn Unity and making a Card Game, but i need some help. change Card layout (position from the Mana, Attack, Life, Text), the position from the Player Hand Card and so on..

22. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Could you please reach us via the contact form at our website? We do not provide technical support in this forum thread; we mostly keep it for pre-purchase questions and general announcements. Thank you in advance!

23. zeneye

zeneye

It is a pity the network is UNET(which is deprecated). Is there concrete plan updating it to MLAPI?

24. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

UNET works perfectly fine today with the latest versions of the engine and will do so for quite some time, even more so considering most users deploy the kit on a dedicated server setup with Master Server Kit (so there is no dependency with Unity Services). MLAPI released its first early access preview a week ago, meaning it is far from ready to be used for production purposes.

We have been researching support for other networking libraries for quite some time now (Mirror, MLAPI and others), but no concrete decisions have been made as of yet and we will announce our plans when it makes sense to do so. You can rest assured we will continue providing support for the kit with UNET for as long as it is possible to do so.

25. Nikolai-Games

Nikolai-Games

By the way I recommend mirror, as it is completely free ;)

By another way, the latest download/release has bugs. The Target-Arrow can stuck, I made a screen.

Attached Files:

26. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

27. Bapez

Bapez

Will it work on LTS 2020.3?

28. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes. UNET works perfectly fine with all the recent versions of the engine.

29. TheDreamEXE

TheDreamEXE

Hey there! I'm very interesting in picking this kit up, but before doing so I had a couple of questions for you if that's alright.

I'm trying to implement a game that utilizes something similar to the stack from MtG (Assuming you're familiar given the context of the asset) that "resolves" on command or when there are X cards on the stack. Judging from what I can see, I think it should be possible by utilizing the game zones in the configurator coupled with maybe making like a new keyword or something and then modifying the game logic somehow. I'm not necessarily asking how to do it, but rather do you think it could be done with relative ease or some modification to the asset's code? I'm fine with scripting, but wanted to assess how much of this could be "plug and play" vs doing actual work lol.

Second question was in regards to its integration with the Master Server Kit. I was looking at how matchmaking would work because ideally I would love to create a system that's more akin to your standard mobile game where you press the play button and you're paired with an opponent based on similar MMR that broadens over time. In the past, I utilized Noble Connect and their Match Up asset, and was wondering if you could either implement that function directly in the MSK (my guess is "no", not natively. I'll probably have to code or implement my own solution) or if I can utilize outside resources like Match Up again in this project, but still use your Master Server Kit for everything else. Thanks for answering in advance. I know that this question in particular could have a lot of grey areas.

Match Up: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/match-up-104411
    (No affiliation, obviously)

30. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your interest!

This will definitely involve quite a bit of programming work on your end, as there is no concept of stack built into the game logic (which uses a Hearthstone-based gameplay). I do not think custom game zones would be much helpful here, and they also need additional programming on your end. Definitely not plug and play!

That is right; there is no built-in MMR matchmaking in Master Server Kit, so you would need to extend it on your end as well. I am afraid I am not personally familiar with Match Up to provide a helpful response here.

I hope this helps!

31. raisaleem

raisaleem

After importing CCG Kit 1.5.2 in Unity3D 2019.4.22f1, getting following error:

32. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

33. shubhank008

shubhank008

As the kit currently mentions UNET for multiplayer, is Multiplayer still functional and how does it work now ? Or have you changed to Mirror (asking cause I saw Master Server Kit reference)

34. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please see our previous answer here (it is still valid today).

35. arthurUnity2021

arthurUnity2021

36. arthurUnity2021

arthurUnity2021

Another question: Can i create a store on my game website and sell Cards and packs for ingame use?

37. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

WebGL is not an officially supported platform.

The kit includes a direct integration with Master Server Kit. Dedicated Server Kit is intended for Mirror-based games.

38. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Technically speaking, you can extend the kit to do anything you want as long as you know how to do it. :)

The kit does not include any store-related functionality by default.

arthurUnity2021 likes this.
  39. arthurUnity2021

arthurUnity2021

So there are no legal reasons that would disallow it? Or Licence problems with you?

40. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Generally speaking, all assets from the Asset Store are governed by the Asset Store EULA. So, as long as you comply with the terms in the EULA, you should be fine. This basically means you can only use the kit to create a final game (free or paid) and you cannot redistribute any of the contents of the kit as anything other than a final game.

41. cmilian

cmilian

Looking forward to using the plugin. I have one question, when I played the demo I couldn’t really understand the game. Is there a place where I can see the game rules of the demo?

42. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! The demo follows the gameplay of Hearthstone, so your creatures can attack the player directly or fight with other creatures. Creatures with the 'Impetus' ability can attack the very first turn they are summoned and creatures with the 'Provoke' ability force the opponent to fight them first (before being able to attack the player). That's basically it. :)

43. AlCaTrAzzGames

AlCaTrAzzGames

hey, love the asset! is there a new link to the discord server? (the link above doesn't work anymore unfortunatly)

44. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! This is it.

45. unity_A5D718173A9218071D96

unity_A5D718173A9218071D96

Hi, want to buy this but wanted to know the following:

1) Does CCG Kit run on WebGL?
    No. Unfortunately, Unity Services (which the kit uses by default for its multiplayer functionality) is currently not compatible with WebGL.

Does this mean that if host it on a dedicated server, webgl can be compatible or can I have someone make it compatible?

46. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

While running a UNET-based WebGL application as a client only should technically work, it is not a scenario we officially support ourselves because of the added complexity and peculiarities of the platform.

47. MrG

MrG

WebGL is supported with Mirror. If you want to collaborate on a Mirror version, stop by our Discord and nudge me!

48. dc774

dc774

Hi, Is it possible to create instant cards (same as MTG)? I'm still learning C# so I hope it's not too hard to achieve this function...

49. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The kit follows the style of gameplay of games like Hearthstone, so there are no instant spells and as a player you cannot act during your opponent's turn. Extending the kit to support this will definitely require a knowledge of C# and multiplayer programming and a willingness to dive into the kit's codebase on your end.

50. jones512

jones512

Is compatible for consoles? I saw that the single player version is also compatible with consoles but in the details of this is compatible for pc and mobile devices rigth?

Thanks

Jonathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.