Search Unity

[Released] CCG Kit: create your own collectible card game with Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malnourish

malnourish

I thoroughly enjoyed the (free) section of the single player CCG tutorial, and now I saw you have an asset kit as well! Do you plan on having another big sale or bundling the course and asset kit in any way?

2. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Happy to hear that! No plans currently, but I always announce it here when there is a sale.

3. AnneDraaisma

AnneDraaisma

Hi, in your faq it states the kit does not work in WebGL due the restrictions of Unity Services. Would it work otherwise when using/developing an alternative to Unity Services?

4. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I remember getting the kit working in WebGL together with Master Server Kit, but it is not something officially supported.

5. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! I am happy to announce our new asset for single-player CCGs. :)

6. peca92sk

peca92sk

Hi again,

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but it seems that you can not add or remove a keyword(provoke) from the creature on the board with the provided actions?
    I haven't changed anything in the game, just by opening the demo and trying to make a card that will remove the provoke keyword, it won't work. Any solution anyone?

7. rudigreig

rudigreig

Picture2.png I tried the project on Unity 2017.4.21 and Unity 2018.4.6 and each version i kept getting these errors. I have no idea how to fix it, and they make the project unplayable. Please help!!

8. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

We do not provide technical support here. Please use the contact form in our website and we will be happy to assist.

9. rudigreig

rudigreig

I have sent an email regarding my issue and what I did

10. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you!

11. SonnySketch

SonnySketch

I know the kit says it is used for a multiplayer game, does it include any information about have a single played game mode against AI? would that be possible from what is in this kit?
    Similar to Hearthstone's solo adventures?

12. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The kit includes a single-player mode against a very simple AI as an example on how to implement an offline feature in the context of the kit's networking architecture. You could use it as a starting point to implement a more competitive AI for your game.

13. freezepro

freezepro

is it possible to use own server rather unity server infrastructure?

14. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes, with Master Server Kit (or, alternatively, writing your own server backend).

15. justtime

justtime

16. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Not easily because, unfortunately, Mirror removes several classes present in UNET that are heavily used in Master Server Kit.

justtime likes this.
  17. unity_rsenoron

unity_rsenoron

Is it easy to implement Photon with this kit?

18. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The kit is completely focused on UNET, so probably not.

19. Alakazooom

Alakazooom

Question for you, gamevanilla: I want to increase a player stat (similar to mana) by clicking a button that I've added to the Game scene. Currently the button calls a method in DemoHumanPlayer which then calls a method in EffectSolver which I created called IncreaseStat(PlayerInfo player, int statId, int value, int duration). IncreaseStat essentially creates a new IncreasePlayerStatEffect, which it then resolves. The problem I'm having is that when I call this method from the DemoHumanPlayer, the isConnected field of PlayerInfo is always false, and when the turn ends the modified value of the stat is not saved.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong, although I figure it must be something server/client related. Is there another step I need to take, or something I should be doing differently? I hope that question made sense.

20. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

We do not provide technical support here. Please use the contact form in our website and we will be happy to assist. Thank you!

21. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

22. kiritobattlejack

kiritobattlejack

The kit include how to make ccg multiplayer course ?

23. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No; as mentioned in the other thread the kit and the course are completely independent products.

24. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Happy to announce the first Early Access version of Single-Player CCG Kit is now available on the Asset Store!

25. nottconn

nottconn

What is the different between CCG KIT (Unity Asset Store) and CCG Course (gamevanilla school)?

26. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The course shows how to create a simple, authoritative multiplayer CCG from scratch. The final game is much more simple than the kit's demo game, which contains more features but is of course also more complex. If a relatively big codebase like the one in the kit seems too complex, the course is a good introduction into the principles behind it.

27. mige5

mige5

Hey, would it be simple to create pokemon trading card game style clone with the ccg kit?

28. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The kit is focused on games like Hearthstone, so using it for a Pokemon-like design will require changes and writing additional code. How simple that will be is not something I can answer; it will depend on your experience and knowledge of programming.

29. ManifestBW

ManifestBW

Hi, how do you add a counter to keep track of extra player stats? My game relies a lot on card effects that add counters to pay for costs outside of the basic mana pool. It's clear that they're being added and that I'm able to use them to pay for costs -- I just need a way for players to keep track of them.

Also, is there a way to place cards face-down and reveal only specific properties like a keyword to the opponent?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  30. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

You will need to implement these features yourself.

31. ManifestBW

ManifestBW

Alright. One more question. How do I add another card type? I added the desired features to the card types tab but whenever I add a card to the card collection with that designated type, it doesn't show up. Do I need to do something additional? I essentially just want to just make a spell that doesn't move to the graveyard after triggering.

32. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

We do not provide technical support here. Please use the contact form in our website and we will be happy to assist. Thank you!

33. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

34. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

35. Alakazooom

Alakazooom

Quick question. When I try to use Unity Services multiplayer to play with someone online, we can create games and see games that are created, but when we join the game we get stuck at the screen that says "Waiting for game to start". Has anyone experienced this before/have a solution to this issue?

36. FractalCat

FractalCat

All of UNet's networking components now say Deprecated. Do you have plans to migrate this asset over to Unity's new networking system? If so, when would that be? If not, will the package include a fork of the old networking system once it is fully deprecated, or will you be moving over to Photon or something else? Thank you, appreciate all the work on this asset!

37. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

It is hard to answer in such a precise way, because the new networking system is far from production ready. Taking into account the current UNET deprecation plans, which guarantee official support for UNET until 2021, the most reasonable course of action at the moment is to keep using it. Considering a big percentage of our users do not rely on Unity Services but on their own dedicated server instead (which makes much more sense for a CCG project), either via the integration with our own Master Server Kit or a custom implementation, UNET still works perfectly fine for our use case and will do so for quite some time.

Generally speaking, we have been evaluating several networking alternatives but have not reached a determination yet. For the moment, you can rest assured we have no plans for stopping supporting the kit anytime soon.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  38. FractalCat

FractalCat

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply, that is reassuring to hear!

gamevanilla likes this.
  39. gweijie

gweijie

best way to get multiplayer with server setup now that unet is getting deprecated?

40. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

See my answer right above. :)

41. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

42. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes, it is indeed a great, actively maintained evolution from UNET. What would need to change significantly would be the companion Master Server Kit (which heavily uses certain UNET classes that were removed in Mirror).

Just out of curiosity, for anyone using CCG Kit or interested in doing so: which networking library would you prefer and why?

43. CaptainTPK

CaptainTPK

I don't own the asset, but mirror would really make me more interested. That and including an example on how to include a card shop, unlockables, and achievements. That would be amazing.

44. PhrozenEye

PhrozenEye

Hey @gamevanilla!

I've been using your CCG kit to develop a project for quite some time now and I love the asset!

I have a quick question though, regarding something I am so far unable to "fix", I am only using the asset as a single-player experience and I've used your single player demo scene as a baseline, however my game keeps prompting a windows firewall warning asking me to allow the connection every time the game scene loads up the first time a build is ran (if an internet connection is found), which is weird on a single player game that doesn't even need a connection at all.

Since the game works flawlessly without any internet connection and these prompts don't show up while I'm offline, is there anything I can remove to stop these connection prompts from showing up? What is even causing these to show if I'm only using the single player mode?

I would really appreciate some insight on it!

45. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words!

We do not provide technical support here. Please use the contact form in our website and we will be happy to assist.

46. PhrozenEye

PhrozenEye

Thank you, I will do that then!

47. HeraticGalaxy

HeraticGalaxy

Would deffinatley love to see a Mirror implemenation to replace MSK!

Whilst there are quite a few really good replacements to UNet, Mirror is the only free open source implemetation however i'm sure there would be a good uptake on any of the larger platforms.

UNet still works for now however UNet does NOT support WebGL, which for me personally is an absolute must have.

48. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your feedback!

We actually recently released Dedicated Server Kit, which one can think of as Master Server Kit for Mirror, so part of the work is done there. :)

49. TeamBuff

TeamBuff

This is multiplayer for only two players, correct? There's no out-of-the-box option to increase # of players?

50. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

That is right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.