Search Unity

[Released] CCG Kit: create your own collectible card game with Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jan 23, 2016.

1. ponasoft

ponasoft

Hi David,

I am developing roguelike deckbuilding game like slay the spire, dream quest and hearthstone. I developed some basic parts of roguelike part and i am about to decide should i switch to cgg part and develop it or finish everything related to roguelike part (dungeon, leveling, merchant&stores, enemies etc.)

I have some questions to you at this point:
    1- Do you have any plan to implement weapons, secrets or hero powers (this would be awesome imo) anytime soon?
    2- I made some changes and i am thinking to update ccg kit but i could not find easy way to auto-merge new updates without deleting my code with unity update packages or git in unity. I don't want to manual merge often. I wonder will it take months for next update like the last one. Is there any planned update soon?
    Does anyone have a practical solution for unity asset updates?

Lastly here are some screens of my game: https://imgur.com/a/5wpI4zh

2. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I will only say: stay tuned. :)

While the code of the kit tries to make adding custom features as smooth as possible, depending on the nature of your changes some degree of manual merging work will be unavoidable. I do not think you could possibly automate such a task.

Your game is looking lovely! Feel free to share your progress here; it is always very nice to see how the kit is being used in the real world.

ponasoft likes this.
  3. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please use our official contact form for support questions.

4. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

5. pchuri

pchuri

Hi,
    I bought this asset today.

https://www.ccgkit.com/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_the_kit
    I have completed the installation with reference to the above link, but I am getting an error.

=====
    Multiple plugins with the same name 'tmpro_plugin' (found at 'Packages / com.unity.textmeshpro / Plugins / 64 Bit Plugins / TMPro_Plugin.bundle' and 'Assets / TextMesh Pro / Plugins / 64 Bit Plugins / TMPro_Plugin.bundle'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.
    =====

스크린샷 2018-11-26 오후 3.14.03.png

I am using Unity 2018.2.17, what can I try to fix?

6. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your purchase! Please use our official contact form for support questions.

7. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

8. Loquinette

Loquinette

Hey,

Would it be important to buy your single player course even if the goal is to make a multiplayer game ?
    I guess the multiplayer course contains all the things that are in the single player course but I'm just asking.

9. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

That is a good question! They are actually complementary. While the single-player course covers writing a game like Card Crawl, the multiplayer course covers writing a game like Hearthstone.

10. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Unfortunately not; everything is focused on non-persistent, real-time session-based games.

11. Korejo

Korejo

Hello,

I would like to know how much help would this kit be for creating a shedding type multiplayer card game (like uno/switch)

I have been on the fence for getting this kit, since I'm not making a ccg. I thought to ask here first if it will be a solid foundation to start building such a game or if it would be better to start from scratch.

12. Loquinette

Loquinette

Does that mean that if the player unlocks or buy something during his "session" it won't be stored ?
    I guess it's a totally different subject (saving the progress of players somewhere so they can't hack the game by tweaking their save) but it's just to be sure.

13. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

It is a good question! On one hand, the kit could be useful to learn how to structure the turn sequence in a multiplayer, server-authoritative fashion. On the other hand, there is a ton of CCG-specific code you would not need at all. Perhaps a more convenient thing to do in your situation would be to look at our multiplayer CCG course; it teaches the basics of building a server-authoritative multiplayer CCG step-by-step and from scratch and the fundamentals learned could be applied to a different kind of game.

Korejo likes this.
  14. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

That is correct. You can think of it like this:
    • CCG Kit provides the foundation for building the game side of a multiplayer, server-authoritative CCG. It runs on Unity Services by default and provides no persistent storage features.
    • Master Server Kit provides the backend functionality that allows you to bring your CCG Kit-based game to your own dedicated server (with features like player authentication, player data storage and custom matchmaking). You still need to implement your game-specific layer on top of this or, alternatively, write your own custom backend from scratch.

15. Loquinette

Loquinette

And just to be sure, the Master Server Kit is also used in the multiplayer course ? I can't find the information on your website.

16. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No, the course is exclusively focused on the game part of a multiplayer CCG and does not cover any backend stuff. The codebase is completely independent from the assets (and simpler than these).

17. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

18. Jamesgz

Jamesgz

Hey ponasoft,

I couldn't message you for some reason, so I will just post a reply here.

I am also developing a roguelike deckbuilding game. I began making it this month. The battle system and the progression system in my game is very similar to slay the spire's. But I would have 2 heroes instead of 1 fighting the monsters. The hand size for each hero is fixed at 5. The cards also have a durability system. When durability reach 0, the card get placed in the graveyard. Special events or necromancer's cards can revive those cards in the graveyard.

I am have been following the tutorial at http://theliquidfire.com/2017/09/11/make-a-ccg-action-system/ , but I think the action system there is a bit of an overkill for what I am trying to achieve.

Are you still making your roguelike deckbuilding game? What other resources did you find helpful when making your game?

A question for gamevanilla: Would the single player CCG course suit me better than the CCG Kit asset for my goal?

19. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The single-player course is focused on creating a game like Card Crawl, while the multiplayer course and CCG Kit are focused on creating a game like Hearthstone.

20. ponasoft

ponasoft

I just checked the tutorial it is also focused on creating a game like Hearthstone but not much finished as CCG kit. If Hearthstone like combat is suitable for you I would definitely suggest the kit.
    I am still developing the game but I am making a game much more like dream quest which is probably created roguelike deck building genre. It will be a mix of dream quest, slay the spire and hearthstone. I started with Unity's 2D Roguelike tutorial then i switched to ccg part and made some little improvements to be able to use multiple resources and added some simple keywords using this tutorial:
    http://www.loving-dtcg.net/article/458210012.html

After all, I decided to finish roguelike part first instead of manually merging new ccg kit updates couple times. I ma de map creation save load system, some simple items, couple different enemies that uses certain decks, simple xp/level system etc. Currently i am working on shop system:
    https://imgur.com/a/5wpI4zh

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Jamesgz and gamevanilla like this.
  21. weatheredclown

weatheredclown

I'm trying to modify the demo so that cards could be drawn by each player from a shared deck. I don't see much documentation on how to use the owner:shared zone or how to get shared objects out of the game state. The first roadblock that I hit is that the shuffle method seems to only act on a zone that belongs to a player.

22. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please use our official contact form for support questions. Having said that, there is no built-in support for such a feature; you will need to write your own additional code on top of the kit.

23. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

Damn missed this discount again as not been reading forums over Holiday. At least I assume it is finished as couldn't see anywhere to enter a coupon code. Guess I am going to have to watch this thread and rely on Unity updating me. Is this discount likely to be repeated again before Black Friday when I last missed it?

24. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Sorry to hear that! We have no plans for such a discount in the near future.

25. peca92sk

peca92sk

Hi ppl,
    does anybody else have a problem with "the high level api classes are deprecated and will be removed in the future" ???

26. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

You can find more information about this here.

27. peca92sk

peca92sk

Hi David, not sure what is the problem, I try to setup the kit, but i cant build the project because of 123 issues found connected with cso618 ???

28. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Starting with 2018.3, UNET has been marked as deprecated in the engine (more info in the link I posted earlier). You probably want to stay in 2018.2 or lower in order to avoid the deprecation warnings.

29. peca92sk

peca92sk

Well, going to latest version before 2018.3 so version 2018.2.20f1 solved the API trouble, but again I cant build the project because of 8 issues like :
    Assets/Source/Converters/Unity/Keyframe_DirectConverter.cs(19,78): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Keyframe.tangentMode' is obsolete: `Use AnimationUtility.SetLeftTangentMode, AnimationUtility.SetRightTangentMode, AnimationUtility.GetLeftTangentMode or AnimationUtility.GetRightTangentMode instead.'

30. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

That is a warning, not an error, so it should not prevent building. Also, it is not in the kit's code, but in one of its dependencies (Full Serializer).

31. jtok4j

jtok4j

Greetings,
    I'm considering this asset, but am planning on creating a trading card/collectible game, which hooks into another game.
    Is this asset solely focused on multiplayer? I'm creating a solo game for the time being, and would like to know if I'm getting into a headache, and would rather not have to cut-out multiplayer code from every script.
    Thanks for the heads up.

32. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your interest! Answering your question: it is definitely focused on multiplayer. The demo game provides a simple single-player mode, but it is mostly provided to showcase how the networking architecture can fit into an offline mode as well.

MostHated likes this.
  33. NitishChitturi

NitishChitturi

Hello Dev, I bought the CCG Kit asset and I am simply making a hearthstone clone as my first step to learn game development, Two issues I request you to clarify:
    1) Multiplayer connectivity: I am using Unity services and when I deploy the game to an APK file and send it to my friend in a different region from mine, we could not connect for a multiplayer game. (Demo worked when I tried "play now" button with two android devices in same room - "play now" button connected the players trying the same thing if they are in same region or same home)
    2) Everytime I open my project in Unity: textMeshPro gets loaded in my packages as a duplicate source and I have to manually delete it everytime to resolve issues as I have textMeshPro in my assets, Is there an easy fix to make sure TextMash pro does not load under packages of my project?

Please help me with these two issues, so that I can focus on my game mechanics if the said kit's demo works for online multiplayer in different regions (Example : a guy in USA vs a guy in India)

34. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please use our official contact form for support questions. Thank you!

35. nobo715

nobo715

Just downloaded! Is there any way to play cards face down and then flip them face up later?

Thanks!

36. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

37. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Get 50% off all of our courses by using the MAYMADNESS coupon! Learn how to create your own single-player and multiplayer collectible card games with Unity at Gamevanilla School.

38. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

Is this for all of May or just coinciding with the asset store May Madness? Will have to look at budget to see if can get any of these but at least this time not missed the offer.

39. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

All of May. :)

40. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

CCG Kit is 70% off today only as part of the May Madness Sale!

41. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Hello
    Is the AI competitive? I would like to create a stand alone single player game.

42. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

It is not. It is a very simple example intended to showcase how a single-player mode can be implemented within the networked architecture of the kit.

43. jstallingssr

jstallingssr

Just purchased this. I have installed all of the dependencies (I think?) but can't start the demo because of errors in the /Networking scripts folder. Anyone else have similar problems?

44. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

jstallingssr likes this.
  45. jstallingssr

jstallingssr

I did, looking forward to your response. Thanks!

46. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

You should have received an answer a few hours ago.

47. jstallingssr

jstallingssr

I did, thank you so much, I have up and running great!

I have one additional question regarding the editor. Let's say I want the Wild Bear (normal attack of +2) to do an additional +2 damage (e.g., +4 total damage) when specifically attacking the Iron Golem. Can this be done in the editor, maybe with Keywords, without any additional scripting/coding?

48. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I am afraid not; this will require additional programming on your end.

jstallingssr likes this.
  49. ponasoft

ponasoft

Its been a year I started Game of Heroes (Its roguelike deckbuilding game. For more information:gameofheroes.net) with CCG kit and today I am about to release the pre-alpha version. I want to thank you for creating this kit. Here are some screens from pre-alpha:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

gamevanilla likes this.
  50. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Awesome! Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated on your progress. :)

ponasoft likes this.