Search Unity

[Released] CCG Kit: create your own collectible card game with Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

2. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

3. zrengo

zrengo

hello. is it possible to someone like me create a ccg with non knowledge of coding (with ccg kit)? but i can learn fast and i have a very great idea for astounding ccg.. could i learn the coding here and animated the game ?

4. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

CCG Kit requires a knowledge of C# programming with Unity. It is a relatively big codebase, which makes it generally unsuitable for a complete beginner. I believe the Create your own multiplayer CCG with Unity course would be a better option for you, considering it covers the fundamentals of building a CCG from scratch and step-by-step (but it also requires a basic knowledge of C# programming with Unity).

Generally speaking, a CCG is a complex project to start with. If you have no previous experience with programming and/or Unity, I highly recommend following the official Unity tutorials or a good course or book to get started first. Once you have the basics of C# programming and how Unity works down, the course would be a good way to learn how to apply that knowledge in the context of creating a simple CCG.

5. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

6. Magzywagzy

Magzywagzy

Hi, I just bought your asset pack today and am really amazed at how simple it is to work with, I though I was going to have to reverse engineer hearthstone into my ccg but those menus will save me weeks of coding

I had a few questions that i'm not sure were answered or not

1) Is the player capable of attacking the opponent player? doing the fighting yourself is basically the core of my game even though there are some creatures to summon (zones and such are already done and i haven't gone through all the code provided yet nor have i finished watching your tutorial videos)

2) will it be easy for me to set a limit on how many times a card gain benefit from a boost type? (your demo uses spells to increase the creature stats, i was thinking along the lines of equipping weapons with gems/runes to increase their stats)

3) Is there coding in the package to set up a shop for booster packs (so you can earn winnings from games or take advantage of "in app purchase" currencies) or will i have to do all that myself?

as i mentioned it's a really amazing asset pack, my workload has been cut down by at least 50% which is totally worth $200 AUD and i'm excited to see how it continues to grow

7. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your purchase and your kind words! They are sincerely appreciated. :)

The features you mention are not directly provided by the kit, but please do not hesitate to reach me via the official support form here and I will be happy to give you some direction on how they could be implemented.

8. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

9. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

10. iainprice

iainprice

How easy is it to convert the system to a mana card system like MTG? This way you have variable mana from collecting cards rather than automatically gaining each turn? Thank you.

11. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

It should be pretty doable as long as you are comfortable programming.

12. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Dziemian and cygnusprojects like this.
  13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

14. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

pushingpandas likes this.
  15. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! Version 1.08 of the kit is now available on the Asset Store. These are the release notes:
    • Upgraded project to Unity 2017.4.0 LTS (you can find more information about Unity LTS releases here).
    • Added "draw cards" effect.
    • Card properties named "Text" are displayed using a text area in the editor now.

16. peca92sk

peca92sk

Finally a draw card effect, cant wait to come home and test it :D Also I think I found a bug, I believe that turn end actions in game settings are not working at all, can you please check that David ? Cheers :D

17. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

What tends to happen is that many actions (specially those involving movement of cards between zones) require additional programming by their very nature. But if you feel there is a bug, please feel free to open an issue in the private repository and I will be happy to investigate further.

18. peca92sk

peca92sk

Just saying that exact the same action that work in start turn effects are not working in end turn effects, and Im not sure where and how to open a private repository ?

19. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes, and that is probably because the demo game expects that action to happen at the start of a turn and not necessarily at the end. We have a private GitLab repository for the kit (in fact, you are a member already).

20. iainprice

iainprice

Hi, are there any screenshots of the type of game the tutorial will help you create? Thanks.

21. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Do you mean the course? That is actually a great idea; I will prepare some and add them to the page. In the meantime, you can take a look at the demo game in CCG Kit; the game you develop in the course is basically equivalent in visual terms (it uses the same sprites). It just has a more limited amount of functionality in terms of provided card effects and such because the focus is on teaching the foundations required to develop a game of this kind.

22. iainprice

iainprice

Ok thanks, I am an experienced programmer but new to unity and have quite a different game idea so think it would be better for me to follow the course and customise as I go rather than trying to modify the toolkit. Thanks.

gamevanilla likes this.
  23. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! Version 1.09 of the kit is now available on the Asset Store. These are the release notes:
    • Updated Master Server Kit integration.

24. peca92sk

peca92sk

David, can we expect discard cards effect now that draw card effect is ready ?

25. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

An example 'discard cards' effect would be nice to have indeed; noted!

peca92sk likes this.
  26. peca92sk

peca92sk

Version number not changed to 1.09 ?

27. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

What is a draw card effect?

28. peca92sk

peca92sk

It is a "player target "effect, where targeted player draws a number of cards from deck to hand

29. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Fixed! Thank you.

30. iainprice

iainprice

Hi, quick question about the tutorial. If I was to purchase what happens if there are updates to include extras like card effects that are going into the downloadable kit? Will there be add-ons or updates to the tutorial? If so do I use my order number etc to confirm and request the updates? Thanks.

31. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

For both the kit and the course, all updates so far have been free for existing customers and I have no plans to change that anytime soon. Please note that not all the complexity of the kit (card effects, etc.) is shown in the course; in that regard, the course is more focused on teaching the fundamentals.

Also, for both the kit and the course, you will always receive a notification when a new update is available.

32. JeBuSBrian

JeBuSBrian

Hey there. Old customer coming back to this asset after a couple years. I like the progress. Is the gumroad course available to all paid customers? How do I get it?

33. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

You can find the course here. It is not free for CCG Kit customers, because it is a completely different codebase that serves a different purpose (it is simpler and intended to teach the fundamentals).

34. JeBuSBrian

JeBuSBrian

Oh, I see. Guess I just assumed it was about the Kit.

Well, at any rate, I'm excited to dive back into the Kit and see how you've improved things.

gamevanilla likes this.
  35. witteb

witteb

I've purchased asset and loaded required - but getting 36 errors like:

Assets/CCGKit/Demo/Scripts/Game/BaseScene.cs(36,52): error CS1929: Type `UnityEngine.UI.Image' does not contain a member `DOFade' and the best extension method overload `DG.Tweening.ShortcutExtensions.DOFade(this UnityEngine.AudioSource, float, float)' requires an instance of type `UnityEngine.AudioSource'

any ideas?

36. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your purchase! Please reach us via the official contact form here for technical support requests; this forum thread is exclusively for pre-purchase questions and announcements.

37. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I am very happy to announce CCG Kit is 70% off today as part of the May Madness sale! This is the biggest discount the asset has ever had, so it is a great time to pick it up.

38. CPFacade

CPFacade

@gamevanilla Would I be able to do a teams 2v2 type game with this?

39. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, I picked this up today because it was such a great deal, I have not got a chance to look it over well yet but was hoping to implement it into my game, do you think it would be well suited for a mini-game in an online RPG?

40. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The kit is focused on 1vs1 games, but it could probably still be useful as a starting point.

41. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your purchase! Yes, I think so.

42. wfilin

wfilin

Hi,

Probably it is a silly question and already answered somewhere. Anyway, if there is a two-person team (designer and developer, not an organization, just amateurs) and want to use this kit, who and how should buy it?

Btw, it is a shame I missed the sale yesterday! No notifications despite the kit is on my wish list.

43. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Sorry to hear that!

Generally speaking, you only need to purchase one copy of an asset for your entire team (except if the asset is in the Editor Extensions category).

44. chaser446

chaser446

Hey there, Love the asset and bough it during the sale.

Is there an updated road map of future features?

45. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your purchase and your kind words!

We used to have a Trello board back in the day, but closed it after all the big features were implemented.

46. PHDinNoob101

PHDinNoob101

hello Gamevanilla, I'm currently using this to make my own CCG. I'm trying to create new Zones in the game. Is there a tutorial on this? What do I do to make a new zone in the Game Scene?

47. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The DemoHumanPlayer class is your best reference on how zones are used in the demo game (they are not defined visually).

48. PHDinNoob101

PHDinNoob101

Okay thanks. I was really wondering about steps to do it. Just a final question: Do I first create it in the CCG Editor Window Tab and then code the rest?

49. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

That is right!

50. ddixon_unity

ddixon_unity

Hi, I have a few pre-sales questions, hopefully I'm in the right place to ask. I have very limited experience in coding, and I get the impression that this kit works really well for the majority of folks, however the plea for card shop, card packs purchasing and opening, tournaments, etc appears to be something that some people are urging for (including me).

Questions:
    (1) is there a really rough date for the possible inclusion of these features in future releases?
    (2) Has anyone had experience with installing the 'Master Server Kit' and found it too easy, ok or really hard?
    (3) If I needed to add code to customise the experience (like the storage and comparison of Player levels, etc), what type of programmer should I be seeking.
    (4) Is there a forum that offers add-on's to this kit?

Many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.