Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] CCG Kit: create your own collectible card game with Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

It is working. There is a list of open issues available on GitLab. Let's keep the beta discussion there so it will be easier to manage.

2. xwintermute

xwintermute

nevermind, it works fine. I'm a doofus.

3. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No worries at all! Happy you got it working.

4. Dziemian

Dziemian

Hi Spelltwine,
    how is beta test progressing so far?
    I was wondering is there still a possibility to join current beta?
    Thanks in advance.

5. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The beta seems to be going pretty well so far, but of course the more feedback from users actively testing it the better. You can definitely still join it; just send me your invoice number and GitLab username to the support email and I will add you.

Thank you!

Dziemian likes this.
  6. Dziemian

Dziemian

Thanks for your quick response, I've sent you a mail, cant wait to give my feedback on the beta, hype! :)

gamevanilla likes this.
  7. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you and added! :)

8. FRnunurs

FRnunurs

Hi @Spelltwine-Games !

I'm just starting using your current release of CCGKit and I was trying to know if your framework could already support picking one of 2 possible abilities of a card when it enters the board (this is an example, but I'm just trying to ask current player to choose between 2 distinct card abilities when he's playing a single card)

Is this possible ATM ?

9. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Such functionality is not built-in at the moment; you would need to implement it yourself. But it is definitely something I would like to tackle in the future.

10. FRnunurs

FRnunurs

ok thanks :) !

11. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

You are welcome! :)

12. snackzilla

snackzilla

I sent you an email with my invoice number and GitLab information! looking forward to getting into this beta

13. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! I replied to your email and gave you access to the private repository.

14. snackzilla

snackzilla

Awesome have it downloaded! I couldn't get local play to work, though. I loaded up the first scene and it wouldn't let me passed that. Is there anything special I have to do to play locally?

15. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

You want to make sure the first scene you run is the Home scene and also that all the scenes in the project have been added to your build settings.

16. NickMcCo

NickMcCo

Hey I just emailed you... very interested in the beta, it looks gorgeous!

17. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! I have just added you to the private repository.

18. NickMcCo

NickMcCo

Wow that was fast. It's great to see an asset store developer that responds so quickly and is actively developing.

19. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words, Nick! :)

20. PowerMan

PowerMan

Hi, I have a few questions for you...
    1) If we purchase the current version of your CCG kit, does that mean when this next version is released that we will have to pay more for the new CCG Kit?
    2) Is the CCG Kit sharable among our team members that are planning to be working to make our own CCG in a private git repository or does each person on the team need to buy his/her own copy of the CCG Kit before its able to be shared? I dislike having to ask that last question but one of our team members is not able to afford a copy right now.
    3) IF the answer to #2 is "each person must have a his/her own copy", then can I buy multiple copies and gift one to this other team member or what would be the proper way to solve such a problem?
    4) If we wanted to run our own server and run private games, do we need the Master Server Kit too?
    The CCG Kit looks fantastic and we are planning to buy it very soon.
    Thank you and God bless you,
    PM

21. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No, the next update will be completely free as always.

You can find the exact licensing terms in the Asset Store EULA available here. More specifically, point 2.3 says:

EXCEPT FOR EDITOR EXTENSION ASSETS, END-USER is granted a license to install and use Assets on an unlimited number of computers provided that these computers are either all (i) physically located at a single physical location ("Site") belonging to END-USER, or (ii) laptops belonging to END-USER which have been made available by END-USER to its employees that are employed at the same Site provided all such computers have appropriately licensed Unity software installed. Consequently, any Asset may only be used at particular Site or on computers assigned to END-USER's employees employed at the same Site and may only be moved to another Site subject to prior written approval from Licensor. THIS CLAUSE 2.3 DOES NOT APPLY TO ASSETS THAT IN THE UNITY ASSET STORE ARE CATEGORIZED UNDER THE HEADING "EDITOR EXTENSIONS."

I believe that should be fine, but you may want to confirm with Unity's support team first.

That is right. The kit runs on Unity Services by default, but it provides an integration with Master Server Kit if you intend to run your game on a dedicated server (Master Server Kit needs to be purchased separately).

Thank you for your interest and your kind words! :)

22. FS_Artsy

FS_Artsy

Hi guys,
    Sorry for another shameless plug. *insert commercial jingle of choice here*

If anybody plans to make a fantasy themed CCG game using this kit, I added the first bunch of my artworks to the asset store:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=popularity/query=publisher:26519

The art is fully licensed and you can use it in commercial/personal projects (royalty free).

Another 4 sets are currently under review, more content to be added to the first sets soon.

thanks for listening!

23. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello!

I am happy to announce that CCG Kit has reached version 1.0 and is finally available on the Asset Store. This update is a completely redesigned version of the kit applying all the lessons learned and feedback received during its first year of life. You can see the complete list of changes here.

Please note that this update is not backwards-compatible and requires Unity 2017.1.

I am currently migrating the old documentation to the new wiki, so expect more content over the next few days.

I would like to thank all the users who have provided feedback, suggestions and also those who have helped with the beta. The private repository used during the beta is not going away; if you are a user of the kit just reach me with your GitLab username and your invoice number and I will be happy to add you. It is an easy way of staying up-to-date without waiting for the Asset Store approval process.

I sincerely hope you enjoy it! :)

Weblox and FS_Artsy like this.
  24. DmNerd

DmNerd

Congratulations! I'm not much of a programmer but I'm definitely going to be picking this new version up to see what I can make with it.

25. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! :)

Please note that the kit requires a knowledge of C# programming (or having a programmer on your team), specially if you really want to dive into it and extend the default functionality. There is a visual editor included that allows you to easily define many parameters of your game, including your card collection, but several features can only be expressed with actual code.

26. obstudio

obstudio

Remember about sample video and mybe win or android sample build

27. SIV

SIV

It looks really good, is there any video and/or demo for the 1.0 version ?

28. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I just uploaded a new video showcasing the gameplay in version 1.0 here:

peca92sk, SIV and cygnusprojects like this.
  29. SIV

SIV

Thanks,

It dosent have sound effects ?

30. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No, I have not found any good sounds with a permissive license. But it should be trivial to add your own, and the kit includes useful source code facilities for doing so.

31. SIV

SIV

Great thanks !

32. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, latest version fresh project, single player demo... suddently

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DemoHumanPlayer.OnCreatureAttacked (CCGKit.CreatureAttackedMessage msg) (at Assets/CCGKit/Demo/Scripts/Networking/DemoHumanPlayer.cs:1081)
    CCGKit.GameNetworkClient.OnCreatureAttacked (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at Assets/CCGKit/Core/Scripts/Foundation/Networking/GameNetworkClient.cs:204)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.InvokeHandler (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:231)
    UnityEngine.Networking.LocalClient.ProcessInternalMessages () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/LocalClient.cs:141)
    UnityEngine.Networking.LocalClient.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/LocalClient.cs:69)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkClient.UpdateClients () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:965)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity.UNetStaticUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkIdentity.cs:1091)

33. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for the report! Could you please open up an issue on the private repository with more information on how to reproduce it? I would like to keep the forum for announcements and pre-purchase questions only.

34. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! Version 1.01 of the kit is now available on the Asset Store. These are the release notes:
    • Fixed the custom sorting layers of the demo game not being included in the Asset Store package.
    • Fixed the sorting order of the graveyard cards in the demo game.
    • Fixed the errors with the number of opponent cards in the demo game.
    • Fixed decks not being deleted in the demo game.
    • Fixed the errors when adding existing cards to a deck in the demo game.
    • Fixed the aspect ratio of the demo game's background image.
    • The demo game now targets a 60 fps framerate by default.

35. LUTOPiA

LUTOPiA

I'm asking this question here in hopes that someone knows the answer and I don't contribute to the overload of tech support questions. Also it would leave the answer in the open for future reference. With that said here we go:

Where do you decide what Keywords do? I know Impetus lets a creature attack when summoned. I still don't know what Provoke does. I've been looking in the files for the spot where these keywords gets their functions from. I would like to play around with the Keyword feature, but I first want to understand how the two current keywords work.

36. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Impetus is the equivalent of MtG's haste or Hearthstone's charge. Creatures with impetus are able to attack the same turn they are summoned.

Provoke is the equivalent of Hearthstone's taunt. It forces the opposing player to direct any attacks toward enemy targets with this ability.

I will add a note explaining this to the official documentation, thank you!

37. LUTOPiA

LUTOPiA

Then Impetus is working but Provoke is not. Enemy creatures are ignoring the Elf Healer with Provoke in the demo.
    Also, I am adding a Target Card Condition to the Captain as Card With Keyword Condition > Impetus. I am interpreting this as limiting the captain's ability to pump 1 attack only to your creatures with Impetus, but the Target Card Condition is not working as the Captain is pumping all creatures whether or not they have the Keyword Condition or not. All I did was add the Condition to the Captain in the demo. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Also, where can I go take a look at the code for Impetus and Provoke? I want to imitate it to create my own Keywords.

P.S.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I was very surprised I didn't have to wait a week for an answer. I feel like my money was well spent on your kit and I make sure others know that when they ask. There are so many lousy game templates out there nowadays.

38. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please note that you are only forced to direct your attack to the creature with provoke if you decide to attack in the first place; as a player you can also decide not to attack anything at all.

You are absolutely right, thank you for the report! I will fix this immediately.

You can search for the "Impetus" and "Provoke" strings in the codebase; the bulk of the work is being done in the BoardCreature and FightTargetingArrow classes.

You are welcome, and thank you for your kind words! It sincerely means a lot to me to have such a positive response and encourages me to continue improving the kit in future updates. :)

39. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Could you please add a simple sound placeholder and add attack sounds? I can provide you free sound effects

40. LUTOPiA

LUTOPiA

Wow, already going to fix the Target Card Condition? You have amazing work ethic! :D

So, I tested the Provoke function again with a deck of Elf Healer and the AI using only bears and only the first bear attacked on the 3rd turn, after that all bears ignored the healers and wumped on me.

I was looking into the documentation and reading about Activated Abilities. The demo didn't have an example creature so I made my own, but I do not yet know how to activate it said abilities. Arrows only seem to direct an attack and the arrow does nothing when pointing it to the Mana or Life (depending on activated ability cost). Is there a keyboard key I am supposed to be holding down?

My compliments on the new frames for the cards. It sets a high standard when customizing our own, that's how good they look!

41. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please note that a free sound may not necessarily be allowed to be used in a commercially distributed asset.

42. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The fix is already available in the private repository. Alternatively, you can wait until the next update is available on the Asset Store.

Thank you! I have fixed this and the fix is also available in the private repository.

The accompanying demo game does not include any examples of activated abilities because it requires additional UI work (possibly a popup for selecting and activating the ability in question). This is something I will tackle in a future update; in the meantime you can also implement your own system because the underlying code exists and is functional. I explain how activated abilities can be activated here.

Thank you! I am very happy to hear that. :)

43. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

From now on, I would really appreciate it if we kept this forum thread for announcements and pre-purchase questions only. If you have a technical support request or want to report a bug, please do so by reaching me at the official support email address (with your invoice number) or alternatively via the official private repository.

Thank you!

LUTOPiA likes this.
  44. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

the sound effects are created by me and set them Creative Commons Zero (CC0)

peca92sk likes this.
  45. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! Version 1.02 of the kit is now available on the Asset Store. These are the release notes:
    • Fixed card conditions not being correctly applied in card effects.
    • Fixed player conditions not being correctly applied in card effects.
    • Fixed AI player not always being aware of opponent creatures with provoke.

peca92sk, LUTOPiA and Dziemian like this.
  46. xKaliban

xKaliban

Ok, so I'm attempting to create a new card type that has Life, but not Attack. When I try to add a Destroy Condition and choose the new Type from the drop down list it doesn't give me the Stat, Operator, or Value fields. Will it work if I use the Creature type to indicate that the card should be destroyed when it has 0 or less Life?

47. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I am trying to keep this forum thread for announcements and pre-purchase questions only. If you have a technical support request or want to report a bug, please do so by reaching me at the official support email address (with your invoice number) or alternatively via the official private repository.

Thank you in advance!

48. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! Version 1.03 of the kit is now available on the Asset Store. These are the release notes:
    • Several fixes in the single-player mode.
    • Fixed the turn duration in the demo game not being retrieved from the value specified in the visual editor.
    • Fixed bug when assigning unique identifiers to card stats.

Dziemian likes this.
  49. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I am very happy to announce CCG Kit is now on sale!

50. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Just in time for the sale, version 1.04 of the kit is now available on the Asset Store. These are the release notes:
    • Implemented global and card-specific limits for the number of cards allowed in a deck.
    • Added additional error checking in the lobby scene to prevent errors with invalid decks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.