Search Unity

[Released] Cascade - Rivers, Lakes, Waterfall and more ..

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by antoripa, Mar 7, 2018.

1. antoripa

antoripa

You are welcome. You can also join our Discord Channel ( address at the bottom of first post ) where we are even faster :) ..and if not yet done a quick asset's review is always appreciated .. .enjoy Cascade ..

2. LockedInside

LockedInside

And I'll do it :) By the way I noticed the discord invitations on the first page and asset store page are not valid anymore.

antoripa likes this.
  3. antoripa

antoripa

Updated :)

4. LockedInside

LockedInside

:D

5. The-Creature-Queen

The-Creature-Queen

Hi there. I'm looking for a water asset I (edit: the player) can place at runtime for a management simulation game. Would I be able to do that with this? Thanks so much!

antoripa likes this.
  6. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    Cascade can do that. But currently, the API is not well defined. We are working on a better API Interface that will be ready in 2 weeks. You can join our discord channel to get updates on progress.

The-Creature-Queen and jebediahh like this.
  7. antoripa

antoripa

Hello.
    I have successfully tested an enhancement related to the integration between Cascade and Vegetation Studio.
    Below a first preview of the new UI where you will get a great automatism and flexibility to generate and update masks along the river. Synchronization is full, real-time and automatic, including the triggering of vegetation respawn after you carve the river bed digging the terrain.

upload_2018-5-2_8-59-10.png

boysenberry, Rowlan, blitzvb and 3 others like this.
  8. antoripa

antoripa

Hello,
    Cascade is going to support multi-tiles terrain bringing all the features of the procedural terrain carving engine.
    Tiles in the above picture are 4096x4096 and you can see all the Cascade builders active on the scene for rivers and lakes. I hope all you guys appreciate all effort we put into creating a unique and innovative asset with the goal to make your life as a game developer easier. And more will come soon ..

upload_2018-5-4_13-5-40.png

Last but not least, is that with next update we will apply the first step in price rise. But it will be not more expansive of other assets that have really limited features comparing Cascade.

boysenberry, nirvanajie and Rowlan like this.
  9. Casanuda

Casanuda

Hi,

Hope you can assist. I just bought the asset and a cannot seem to add a node, following your tutorial. I tried with both 2017 and 2018, but control + click gives no result. (I use a Mac so I tried command click as well).

Am I missing something obvious?

Interestingly when I play with one of the demo scenes, shift + click works.

Thanks
    Cas

antoripa likes this.
  10. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    below few suggestions. I apologize if they seem really obvious, but is good if we check the basic points :
    1) Terrain needs a collider component. So check that is attached to the terrain and active
    2) You need to create a new builder ( river or lake ) and that needs to be selected in the manager. Below a screenshot
    upload_2018-5-4_19-41-1.png

3) I would suggest to try on one of the demo scenes.

Last suggestion is to join the discord channel, where you can get a fast answer by us or even by other users

The-Creature-Queen likes this.
  11. Casanuda

Casanuda

Hi,

Don't mind swapping to the discord channel, what is the link?

in the meanwhile I deleted the asset and re-imported it and not it is throwing errors unfortunatley (vegetation studio and microsplat are imported):

Assets/EarthShaping/Framework v1.0/Lib/Script/Integration/IntegrationScript.cs(325,5): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MicroSplatBlendableObject' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Thanks
    Cas

antoripa likes this.
  12. antoripa

antoripa

The error you are getting is because there are #define in the user setting but there aren't the related asset.
    You can change the scripting define editing the text box with the label "Scripting Define Symbol" at the right of the below screenshot . In my case is empty. In your project you will see a string of #define concatenated by ";"
    Just delete the one related to assets not anymore installed.

Discord channel is : https://discord.gg/ct6hDDv

upload_2018-5-5_12-1-16.png

13. JamieTaylorX

JamieTaylorX

May I ask if there is a road map ?

antoripa likes this.
  14. JamieTaylorX

JamieTaylorX

found your discord channel .. thanks a lot . great ..

antoripa likes this.
  15. antoripa

antoripa

Version 1.1.0 will bring multi-tiles terrain and multi rivers support for terrain carving. Faster terrain carving with multithread allow you to design larger landscapes with realistic rivers, waterfall, lakes .. and more ..
    The new version will be available in next few days on Asset Store.
    For the new customers, as announced, will raise the price up to 40 USD , but we still believe that price is fair for an innovative and unique asset like Cascade.

I invite all you to join our discord channel to ask questions and share experiences with a really active community

See you at https://discord.gg/ct6hDDv

Cattura.JPG

64 Km2 Island, rivers, and waterfall created from scratch with river bed carving and waterfall ground shaping in 2 minutes.

camta005 and mons00n like this.
  16. camta005

camta005

Awesome :)
    Are there any plans to integrate this with Map Magic?

JohnTomorrow, antoripa and blitzvb like this.
  17. antoripa

antoripa

yeah ..already had a quick messaging with @Wright as few users already asked about support for Cascade. So I confirmed my 100% support in developing the integration .. so MM2 / Cascade will work together. But need to patience :) .. in the meanwhile I have been exploring the creation of a node in MM with a partial integration based on heihtmap i can generate by Cascade .. next week I will get clear if it worths or better wait MM2

JohnTomorrow and camta005 like this.
  18. camta005

camta005

Excell
    Excellent news. MM2 is getting closer to release so best to wait for that.

antoripa likes this.
  19. antoripa

antoripa

I would invite you to join EarthShaping discord channel, so you can get update and post question to us and to the entire community ..of course, the forum is always active and Skype Channel as well.. so feel free to use the one you prefer :) :)

camta005 likes this.
  20. antoripa

antoripa

Cascade 1.1.0 is live with more power, more realism and always the best and fastest workflow for your rivers and lakes creation

You can grab your all in one water asset on unity asset store

We added multithread to give more horsepower generating large water surfaces and riverbed carving

upload_2018-5-18_19-40-0.png

We support multi-tiles terrain for procedural river bed carving and the capabilities to select single or overall Cascade builders from your landscape

upload_2018-5-18_19-45-53.png

upload_2018-5-18_19-49-27.png

We added more feature out of the box to support Vegetation Studio with different masks and advanced setting

upload_2018-5-18_19-47-43.png

and more ..

camta005 likes this.
  21. antoripa

antoripa

Hi all ... I found a small bug .. related to a missing material used as the default for new river ....

just created a hot fix

https://we.tl/qSwBMu9ak6

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  22. antoripa

antoripa

Hey ..
    New Cascade release is planned next week.
    What's new ?
    -Enhanced surface effect for river.
    -Audio Manager
    -Enhanced terrain conform approach for a faster task
    -Fixed bug with multitile terrain conform
    -supports for huge multitiles landscape
    - Cascade Ocean Preview Scene
    -Support for 2018.2.x Beta

23. antoripa

antoripa

Hello ...
    preview for AudioManager with PerNode Setting

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  24. antoripa

antoripa

River and Lake on same mesh and same material with perfect blending

syscrusher likes this.
  25. franky_li

franky_li

Just bought this asset, but water is only moving in editor, in play mode it's just frozen in all demo sceenes. Did I missed something?
    Unity 2018.1.6f1 Windows 10 64 bit

antoripa likes this.
  26. antoripa

antoripa

Hi. Thank you for buying Cascade.
    That is really strange, becuase shader flow is driven by the shader
    But I will test with 2018.1 for end of day and in case of issue send you an hot fix.

27. franky_li

franky_li

The problem is only with the demos, if I try it in my project water is moving, but I have some other problems. Reflection on water are not working, neither in demo nor in my project.
    Then a big problem with your undo function, I've made changes in my terrain with the Unity terrain tools, saved my screen, exit Unity and then start it again. When I build now a river, click conform and then use your undo, all changes I previously made with the terrain tools are reverted, e.g. the whole work is gone. That's very annoying:(

28. antoripa

antoripa

Hi. That is not usual. And first time someone reported such issue.
    Can you join our discord channel ? So you can get the right support and help in your task
    Thanks

29. franky_li

franky_li

OK, I found the undo problem. The terrain backup in EarthShapingTerrainCache is only generated on the first conform, when you now change the terrain manualy, then do another conform and undo, the old, first backup is used. Maybe you should generate a backup on each conform, deleting the previous one.

Regards
    Frank

antoripa likes this.
  30. antoripa

antoripa

Nice.
    Yes, I already have in place the proper structure in the cache system, but not active so far. next release has the capability for multiple restore points unlocked ( and more new features ...like audio manager ).
    It should be live by end of next week. I will announce here and on support channel ( Skype and Discord ).
    So, in case of further support just post here or on Discord EarthShaping Server

31. franky_li

franky_li

Any news on the update?

32. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I'm very interested in this asset and would like to use it with MapMagic.
    I've searched some posts in this thread and it seems it's still not integrated with MM yet.
    I am a veteran MM user and the creator of Survisland (currently early access on Steam), I would like to know some basic logic of Cascade about how it creates rivers and carve terrains so I can evaluate that if it's possible for me to make a custom MM output node to diliver data into Cascade and let it generate rivers.
    Does cascade use an origin point for a river's source then calculate its flow path according to terrain's height map?
    Can these calculations be handled in other threads rather than main thread? (MM does almost everything multithreaded)
    Is it possible for Cascade to return a set of data of the area of the river per terrain tile back into MapMagic? (in a form of MM's map node data set)
    I'm searching for a solution for my game to generate rivers according to seeds with MM, hope this is the one!
    Thank you for your time!

33. antoripa

antoripa

Will send you a pm.

34. Harekelas

Harekelas

Great, I'll wait and see :)

35. Harekelas

Harekelas

Have you sent the pm? I haven't recieve anything... odd

antoripa likes this.
  36. Adam_Starcaster

Adam_Starcaster

Quick question, HDRP support?

antoripa likes this.
  37. antoripa

antoripa

Currently HDSRP is not a stable release. But we have already explored the options to support it

38. antoripa

antoripa

I was on leave . just sent

39. antoripa

antoripa

We sent to UAS new version 1.2.0.
    Change log is already published on our web site www.earthshaping.com
    New tutorial will come in next few days to show how is fast and incredibly flexible Cascade to shape your landscape with any water surfaces . .

upload_2018-8-3_13-56-40.png

camta005 and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  40. antoripa

antoripa

Hello,
    new plugin for Cascade for fully procedural automatic path river creation that will work with Map Magic as well

EarthShaping is large project based of our original view, and we started in 2016. In the next months will release a set of tools to support easy creation of endless procedural world, including landscape, water surfaces, roads, railways and cities .

Join us on our Skype or Discord text chat to be part of our community and check the progress

AndyNeoman and camta005 like this.
  41. camta005

camta005

Awesome :)

42. antoripa

antoripa

Hi..
    we just sent to Unity Asset Store team a small update.
    All customer can download here and install on top of latest presents on asset store.

https://we.tl/kAU6C0FHiu

43. yotingo

yotingo

Hi,

I'm trying to add water to my spherical mesh terrain. Does Cascade support this use-case?

Here is an example of the stretching that happens with most solutions:
    Water Stretching.jpg

antoripa likes this.
  44. antoripa

antoripa

I don't see reason for any issue ..
    But before you buy if you can share a sample, I would be happy to test and send you back so you can check it out
    in the meanwhile . take a look to the gif

https://gyazo.com/832e60038b44b369475a51486ca3b8ce

Btw . that shader from your picture has issue :)

45. yotingo

yotingo

Thanks for the fast response!
    The gif looks great. It reminds me of Blitz Ball in FFX.

I'll send a PM with a sample.

antoripa likes this.
  46. BluViolets

BluViolets

I want to know more about how the water shaders can be edited via Cascade.

Do you have any videos showing how to change the look of the water?

antoripa likes this.
  47. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    we are recording a full series about shader .. will publish in next few days with an online guide . .so you can take a look to all options we have implemented so far

48. antoripa

antoripa

I have been working to a collider system that can be used with Cascade for river and lakes of any shape.
    You can create a volume and use trigger.I have added few parameters so you can tweak for your needs:
    So we are going to test with main character controller and with Post Processing V2 Stack
    Release in planned on next week,

upload_2018-8-12_23-0-26.png

49. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! Is there underwater effects? Is there big ocean type of prefab? combatible with Gaia?

What do you mean volume? is the water flat without it? works with latest Unity? tell me how it goes too with the pps v2 stack test.. Is there anydemo or trial I can test? I have all the water solutions, but nothing works at this point in Unity releases..

50. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @antoripa , Does this mean Cascade now works with Map Magic (current versions of both assets or is this coming?

Also can cascade be used to place walls, Like city walls place around terrain?