Search Unity

[RELEASED] Candela SSRR V2 Advanced Screen Space PBS Reflections for Unity 5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi,

You need to modify the roughness textures in that scene!! to achieve the same look as in our videos (they were tweaked and to show the reflections more! , it really come down to the look you are after). That demo project from Unity also has horrendous PBS/normal maps/ thin line / edge and geometry aliasing, so good anti-aliasing is a must. Also Correct tone mapping is very important due to HDR values, it took us a long time to fix these issues with this scene.

We also calculated Enlighten GI at high resolution with custom lights!

It has not much to do with Candela.

Cheers,
    Michael

2. GMM

GMM

I am getting this error on Mac OSX with the effect not showing with the 2.1 update and 2.0 didn't work on OSX either. I have no expectations that it works on mobile, so it not working on three of my target platforms despite Livenda advertising it working on OSX/iOS/Android, is quite simply unacceptable for me.

Please clearify on this issue and for the love of god fix your communications with your customers!

3. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

2.0 worked perfectly on my mac, 2.1 still works on my mac. what is your gpu?

4. Chris-Sinclair

Chris-Sinclair

Looks like the advertising materials for the new CTAA is done with Candela V2.2:

I assume the promotional video for CTAA is also using V2.2, but I didn't see any text indicating that. Only the above image explicitly mentions that it's using V2.2.

@LIVENDA, would it be possible to include or provide downloads to sample scenes like these used in your marketing materials so we can have a good baseline for experimentation; see what settings, materials, lighting, etc to emulate to achieve the high bar possible with your products?

sotec and FreakForFreedom like this.
  5. Thiago-Crawford

Thiago-Crawford

Thanks for the update of 2.1, I hope you guys can find a way to make amends with some of the frustrated community, since you obviously have some very good tools to offer.
    Speaking of which.....
    Very impressive Livenda , looking forward to more info on it (will ask when you have a thread), including price. ;)

chiapet1021 and Osher like this.
  6. sotec

sotec

@Chris_Sinclair , it's should be obvious that they use other post effets to enhance the scenes, since it's an AA they're showing, it also show it work well with other posteffects

7. Chris-Sinclair

Chris-Sinclair

I know. It would be nice to see what post-effects are used and we can enable/disable them as well. (3rd party components can be removed, or included without the paid assets. So either we have those assets or we manually disable them) But just to clarify, I wasn't referring to just the CTAA marketing scene, but also the scenes used in the SSRR v2 marketing.

8. Frogger007

Frogger007

Is it possible to get candela 2.1 running on Unity 5.0.2f ?

Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex'
    UnityEngine.Material:.ctor(Shader)
    CandelaSSRR:OnEnable() (at Assets/CandelaSSRR/CandelaSSRR.cs:166)

Release date and price for CTAA ?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  9. Sinaz20

Sinaz20

Livenda, we just updated to v2.1. Without any changes to the project all reflective materials have begun rendering the reflection pass as pink.

We tried replacing the component on the camera with a new one to no avail.

Do you have any idea what we might have overlooked?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LIVENDA Well ,it's seems you have completely ignored my earlier question, so i'll reiterate again.

Can i have a refund?

As it seems like you maybe having trouble with the English language i've restated the question in several other languages below.

¿Puedo tener un reembolso?

Kann ich eine Rückerstattung?

Puis-je avoir un remboursement?

私は払い戻しを持つことができますか?

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  11. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi, it should be working fine as we have tested V2.1 on multiple platforms, perhaps you can contact us directly (if you have not already so) so we can help you sort the issues asap.

Please contact us via e-mail together with your order details, also, your issue seems to be with the older version...

Cheers!
    Michael

12. DeveloperRLA

DeveloperRLA

V2.1 is not working for me in Unity 5.2. Tested in multiple scenes and projects. It gives me no errors, it just doesn't reflect anything. Has anyone else experienced this with candela V2.1 and Unity 5.2? Thanks.

blackbird likes this.
  13. ZJP

ZJP

Ban moins lajan moins... :D

Deleted User likes this.
  14. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi, Can you please let us know if you are on PC or Mac? please also to make sure you delete the older version and not have them in the same scene, thanks.

Regards,
    Michael

15. DeveloperRLA

DeveloperRLA

I'm on PC. I deleted the older version before updating in my current project and got no reflections. I created a blank project and scene with nothing but a sphere and a plane and still had no reflections. V2.0 was working fine on 5.2. Thanks.

blackbird likes this.
  16. blackbird

blackbird

had the same issue

17. Thiago-Crawford

Thiago-Crawford

Hey, have you made sure that you are selecting the "Rendering Path" on the scene camera itself? (By default it is "Use Player Settings")
    Just saying because I was caught out by this for a few minutes, until I read the documents that comes with the package, which says "- Please make sure to set the render path from the Camera".

18. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

I get this same error. Any solutions?

19. daville

daville

Question: If I'm using other Image Effects... in wich order is better to place Candela?

For example using Candela and Motion Blur, Antialiasing, Ambient Occlusion?

blackbird, overthere and KWaldt like this.
  20. Osher

Osher

@Ben BearFish
    I still get this error on v2.1 from asset store.
    It should have been fixed as stated by Livenda at page 8 but it isn`t yet, maybe for v2.2 when ever it get released.

21. 8Infinite8

8Infinite8

Can confirm that V2.1 works perfectly fine with Unity 5.2 on PC and NVidia card. It all depends how you set your scene up.

22. DeveloperRLA

DeveloperRLA

Yea, changing the camera path from player settings to deferred fixed it. Thanks guys.

23. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

Hi,
    Candela v2.1 works great !
    Will you soon release v2.2 ?

24. Sinaz20

Sinaz20

Discovered that this was due to a conflicty install coming from version control. When I re-installed locally, the problem went away. But, when I checked in my version of the files, our programmer got the pink reflections. So there may be something wonky with the way the assets import after a version control sync.

25. superdupergc

superdupergc

I've got a weird bug - it works, but not at low angles unless i manually switch the camera from Deferred to Forward then back to Deferred.

This gif highlights the issue in a debug mode:

Is there some setting in the Forward mode that I could enable for Deferred that might fix this? I can't figure out how to simulate the workaround in a normal game either - it only works if i do it in the editor (in play mode - it won't work unless the game is running).

Also, your bug the camera rendering mode having to be set manually (instead of using player settings) - I think you can fix this just by referring to Camera.actualRenderingPath instead of Camera.renderingPath.

If it matters, this is Candela 2.1 on Unity 5.1.2f1

26. Chris-Sinclair

Chris-Sinclair

Are the various ".meta" files checked in as well? We had similar issues where meta files were missing and while developers had the same code/asset files, the code merges caused the editor to give us issues because the assets had different internal IDs. Also try doing a fresh repository checkout; maybe there are different files or missed files. Beyond that, we've had a developer here, through no fault of his own, constantly have random code updating/merging issues from the repo. We haven't been able to figure out why (he isn't doing anything wrong), and just workaround it (sometimes by wiping out a directory and getting a fresh checkout).

27. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

What about v2.2 release ? You said a long time ago it will be release just after 2.1, so ?

FreakForFreedom and daville like this.
  28. Sinaz20

Sinaz20

@LIVENDA : we are having issues making builds on PS4. We get the following errors:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaSSRRv2' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaSSRRv2' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaCompose' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaCompose' - Setting to default shader.

Are there specific steps we need to take to ensure these survive a ps4 build? Can you offer any advice here?

29. Gruguir

Gruguir

Hey @LIVENDA, i'm using this asset with Oculus DK2, but when i try to reload the scene it makes the editor to crash.
    Also i can't enable or disable the effect by script to get around the problem. (Ut 5.2.0p1)

30. MS80

MS80

I can confirm this issue with DK2, same problem here!
    It was working fine in Unity 5.2.0f3, since Unity 5.2.0p1 enable / disable Candela2 or reload scene with Candela2 will cause a CRASH! Tested with both Candela versions, 2.0 and 2.1. Same with latest Unity 5.2.1f1!

You can simply test it with conneced DK2 (VR enabled) and one of the demo scenes!
    Please have a look at this, hope you can fix it soon!

31. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

Same problem with Unity 5.2.1f1, Unity editor crash when I try to open MusicStudio_GI_New_Deferred scene.
    Same Crash after importing Candela SSRR v2.1 in an emply project.

32. punk

punk

Confirmed: Same issue here also

33. superdupergc

superdupergc

Another problem - the reflections are causing my objects to actually be transparent. This happens regardless of whether I've done the deferred->forward->deferred hack or not. See how the angled terrain is visible through the green and pink buildings? That's not even visible on camera, so I'm really confused why that's coming up. Any idea how to fix this?

34. xenius

xenius

@superdupergc Have you confirmed that the shader you're using is actually drawing in deferred (and not falling back even though you're in deferred mode), and has the correct draw-mode flags internally (opaque, etc.). You can check this easily by clicking in the game view (where you pick solid, wireframe, etc.) and looking at the deferred buffers.

superdupergc likes this.
  35. superdupergc

superdupergc

@xenius I'll try that, thanks!

Edit: My custom shaders are definitely not using Deferred rendering mode, which is probably part of the problem, but that doesn't explain my other issues. I'd love a response from Candela, as I'll have to revert to the 1.0 version of the plugin until they fix these issues.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  36. Sinaz20

Sinaz20

Reposting this because we really need an answer:

@LIVENDA : we are having issues making builds on PS4. We get the following errors:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaSSRRv2' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaSSRRv2' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaCompose' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CandelaCompose' - Setting to default shader.

Are there specific steps we need to take to ensure these survive a ps4 build? Can you offer any advice here?

37. hopeful

hopeful

@Sinaz20 & @superdupergc - Remember that Livenda prefers that you contact them through support email. (Also, Unity forums don't always ping the thread owner when a new message is posted.)

Ostwind likes this.
  38. Sinaz20

Sinaz20

Yes, but we don't seem to get consistent responses to emails, private messages, or anything really... so I'll make my requests and issues public because as much as we like the concept of the project, we need communication to be taken more seriously.

In this case, it's a build issue that other people may or may not be having or may have already found a solution for... I'd rather put it here where it gets maximum exposure and more opportunity for troubleshooting ideas.

Rico21745 likes this.
  39. kenshin

kenshin

@LIVENDA Any news about your news project?

40. skalev

skalev

Just to follow up on @Sinaz20 request. I have managed to fix the CandelaCompose shader (in this case the PS4 build actually ended up spitting a helpful error that got me on the right path).

However we are getting no error when compiling the CandelaSSRRv2 shader code for PS4, just the above warning at runtime, and a very pink scene as a result.

41. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

V2.2 is almost ready and should have a more specific timeframe for release shortly.

Hi, please contact support 'at' livenda.com , also which version of Unity are you using, please note Unity are constantly doing updates now which break a lot of things for a lot of developers, so please make sure you are not using any beta releases.

Please contact us as this again seems like a Unity issue with all the changes they are making, which break compatibility! Please provide us with the details of Unity you are using and your hardware/OS version, thanks again.

------------------------------

We really like to re-iterate that we only support the version of Unity that V2.1 is released on, NO beta versions or others.

Cheers,
    Michael

42. skalev

skalev

@LIVENDA - I've sent you an email, hopefully we can resolve this issue quickly, as we are on a deadline.

43. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Thanks, got your e-mail and looking into the PS4 issue now, thanks again.

Cheers,
    Michael

44. Unreal-Vision

Unreal-Vision

Livenda has in roadmap to remove the needs to modify shader?

Thanks,

45. Tethys

Tethys

I am having a funny issue with Candela. It is creating huge black splotches that dance in front of the camera when running around on top of my terrain. If I switch out the texture on the terrain it goes away, but I really want the texture. Anyone else experience this and know of a fix? I got this working with Alloy this week and was pretty happy with the results, just need to sort out this black smudge issue. Thanks!

46. Tethys

Tethys

Ok working with Alloy.

@LIVENDA - We could use some help with their Terrain bug mentioned above. I have black nasty cloud like artifacts dancing in front of the camera when running over the terrain and looking at it in spots. The only thing that seems to take it away is setting Depth Cull to the lowest amount, which of course is pointless as that would kill all reflections. Please advise, ty! I have tried different formats for the terrain texture (tga and tiff), not sure what else to do (using RTP for my terrain shader).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  47. FoxAlphaX

FoxAlphaX

helo, i can not fix this, what should I do. thanks. obbjectt.jpg

48. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Is support Virtual reality?

49. Tethys

Tethys

@LIVENDA - Emailed you this evening as I have had a hard time finding terrain textures that play well with the Candela asset. Here are a couple screen shots with different textures showing the issue. I have tried textures from gametextures.com, ManuafacturaK Nature packs and from different packs off the asset store and the issue just keeps coming up. Could use some advice, thanks!

Using RTP, Linear Color Space and Deferred Rendering. I can cycle through textures on my terrain material in play mode to test them and see which ones work and which ones done. Unfortunately, every texture I want to use on one of my biomes causes this issue. :( I have made sure they have an alpha channel set to black (as my terrain mats should), as well as tried .tga, .tiff, .jpg, .png and .psd formats, all cause this issue. I have also disabled all camera effects besides candela and it still does this. Not sure if this helps but only two things fix the issue - I turn of Candela, or I leave Candela on and turn off HDR on the camera. Obviously this is not an option either.

50. garyhaus

garyhaus

Mac latest asset store version 2.1 error:
    Invalid pass number (1) for Graphics.Blit. Material=Hidden/GausFast, npasses=1

nvidia GTX 780M late 2013 iMac

FoxAlphaX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.