Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Candela SSRR V2 Advanced Screen Space PBS Reflections for Unity 5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osher

Osher

Hi,
    Has anybody got Candella working on OS X?
    I experience that Unity just sits there and not respond as soon as I enter play mode, if the script is turned off on the camera everything work as it should but as soon as I enable it and enter play mode Unity stops responding.
    This happens on all examples scenes, empty scenes and on a fresh unity install v 5.1.2.

2. John-G

John-G

only a few hours left in sale, I'm still on the fence on whether to purchase this or not.
    The price is good the history is not, afraid to be left with a never to be patched V2.0 system.

Can anybody confirm if they received the link for V2.1 before I commit. Cheers.

3. StaffanEk

StaffanEk

I feel like a battered housewife.

daville likes this.
  4. Frogger007

Frogger007

LIVENDA said: ↑
    Also, everyone who requested the update to V2.1 via our direct download (before it is available on the asset store) should have already received the links by now, if not, please let us know and we can send them to you again.

John G.:
    Can anybody confirm if they received the link for V2.1 before I commit. Cheers.

I have asked two times, i have got no reaction on my emails
    I don't have received a direct download link !

5. zappapa

zappapa

@Osher. Same problem here on MacOSX. MacBookPro retina unity5.1.1 and 5.1.2. Anybody else on Mac?

6. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

Livenda will drive me crazy.
    4 emails send and no download link.
    It's not the madness sale that block candela update, Plawius SSR was also on Madness Sell, on change version during the madness sell 18/08/2015, and it only take a few days .

I think Livenda has not upload anything concerning v2.1 (21 days for an update on the asset store, never see that).
    Livenda is the worth customer service I ever seen.

If they really send a link, why don't they directly send the v2.2 that seams to be ready ?

I wait for the end of the countdown on their website, I sure nothing will happen for two weeks after the end of the countdown. And if nothing happen,, I never want to hear anything about Livenda.

If you want spend your time waiting for awesome features that you will never get, stay on this forum. You may get something, but how long will you wait.

7. jcarpay

jcarpay

As one of the early buyers of Candela I haven't upgraded yet to this new version just because of the (lack of) communication and false messaging history. While it seems they managed to restart with a clean slate due to smart marketing, it's again they fail to deliver on the promises they make. No upgrade for me unless they show communication improvements.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  8. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

Can anybody confirm if they received the link for V2.1

9. 8Infinite8

8Infinite8

Nobody has ..and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first '1000'? to ask.

hopeful likes this.
  10. mkgm

mkgm

Hello to everybody....
    Livenda it's known for it's long delays and a lot of promises...
    I think we need to be really patient... otherwise we'll get sick :)

11. zappapa

zappapa

Ue
    I knew it was risky to buy this asset. However I couldn't resist the madness sale. But I didn't expect it wouldn't work at all, let alone even freeze Unity om my Mac! Doesn't UT check every asset before they put it on the assetstore?

12. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

demo scene is working in a clean project, so it's not OS X
    Mac Pro. Unity 5.1.1
    Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 12.13.15 PM.png

13. jcarpay

jcarpay

Not true, a certain amount of users purchased the Candela V1 asset during a special 'group buy' from Livenda. For those users, the only way to receive updates is through email. No Asset Store involvement here.

8Infinite8 likes this.
  14. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

That has no relation to whether or not v2.1 is out on the asset store or not. Point being is if it isn't available on the ASSET STORE then you're wasting your breath because it hasn't RELEASED yet... I don't get how being hostile, complaining, or knocking the developers gets any of you anywhere any faster. If the developer can't get to everyone fast enough to their liking then again, its not technically out yet on the store, so the best you'd be doing is getting it early which is a CONVENIENCE. Additionally I'm not certain but I'd imagine unity has some sort of Activation Code system that would allow you guys the asset in your unity account from the store, may want to look into that devs to take some of the load off of you guys as that is the purpose of the store...

Edit: I just looked into that, and yes there is a voucher system in place, that may be the best route for you guys at Livenda to just get some of these made and sent to the people in the previously above mentioned group.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Mauri likes this.
  15. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

For me (and many others, I gather), it's not about how quickly the developer gets to sending the update. It's about whether the update has even been completed and submitted to the asset store, as the developer claims.

16. Mauri

Mauri

Even if it has been submitted, there is a chance that it still can take some time to be approved by the Asset Store team. Regarding the lack of communication: I do had a nice chat with Michael from Livenda quite recently via forum PM, glad he took his time in answering me.

There's just no need to pull out Torches and Pitchforks every time... have patience.

17. sprawww

sprawww

The problem is that the update is most likely not even done yet, even though Livenda claimed it was. I highly doubt the Unity Team takes almost a month to approve an update. Users demanding updates per E-Mail from Livenda is just a nicer way of asking "is the update even really ready?"

Almost a month (so far)? I've never heard of other developers having to wait for that long to have their updates approved.

Before anyone jumps me, I'm not saying they are definitely lying. I just find it... weird.
    I hope I'm wrong. I hope there are people out there who got their updates and will let us know in the next few hours :)

18. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

Noted, but the point behind my posts is that its not ready until it's ready... so why the fuss over whether it is or isnt or wont be?

19. sprawww

sprawww

It's the same reason as to why people are angry they aren't getting the E-Mails. Because Livenda said 2.1 was done, which no one knows whether or not that is true; because they said that a month ago. And because Livenda said the E-Mails would take up to 48 hours to send out. Which was like 3 or 4 days ago? And it looks like they didn't keep that promise either, again.

You are right in that, as a customer, you are not necessarily in the position to demand whatever you want. However, in this case, things have been promised. Things that made people buy the product in the first place. That, and nothing else, is the problem.

20. punk

punk

This forum is very entertaining if a little sad. The fact is this happens all the time in software development, i say this from experience, being a professional programmer of 25 years.

For example recently oculus announced that the 0.7 update would be released on August 20th and guess what it's not here and they are a big company backed by Facebook.

Software development takes a lot of time and what you are getting here is thousands of dollors worth of tech if you paid someone to make it and let's face it, it IS one of the best assets out there.

I, like everyone else on here am eagerly awaiting the new update and checking here for the news, throwing abuse at the author will not make it happen any quicker, in fact if anything it will just create more delays

CastleIsGreat and Mauri like this.
  21. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

so thats it ? all developpers should do same as occulus communication? make promises, take money then hold silence?

the problem is not the same, what you describe is failure to deliver a product on time because of wrong workcharge estimation and said yes its finish, we send it tomorrow when you have nothing. which make lot of people bought this asset during the sale.

22. giraffe1

giraffe1

Once...delays happens
    Twice...**** happens
    Three times...okay whateve
    Four times...alright...

20-30 times/Every time...NOT NORMAL.

23. elbows

elbows

There is a very simple test to see whether exactly the same pattern of unacceptable lies has happened again this time - simply wait a few more days and see if Livenda have stopped communicating on this forum now that the sale is over.

buttmatrix likes this.
  24. sprawww

sprawww

What makes me a little sad is how a professional programmer of 25 years would defend the developers in this case. I don't follow the Oculus, but from what I understand they said "the update will be shipped on the 20th", but that didn't happen, correct? I guess that is bad stuff, it's a deadline they failed to meet, which is perfectly understandable, it happens every day. But it has no similarities with this case here.

Livenda did NOT say "v2.1 is done soon".
    Livenda DID say "v2.1 is done and already submitted to the Asset Store". This is what they said - a month ago. Heck, they even started teased with v2.2, speaking about it as if that version was close to being shippable. A lot of people bought the product due to these (possibly) false claims, and that is a serious issue. I don't understand how anyone can defend these practices, especially someone who does it for a living, like you. That makes me sad.

I'm still hoping I'm wrong. I'm still hoping that people got their updates, and that there was some kind of reason as to why Livenda hasn't replied in days, ever since the madness sale ended.

25. elbows

elbows

I've compiled an extensive timeline of events, updates and claims related to this product, going back to the initial launch of V1. I have done this to illustrate the reality of the history, including checking my own negative perceptions. I also hope it stops people who don't appreciate the history from unfairly insulting those who have legitimate complaints or concerns.

I need to double-check it before I post it here, and I will also allow a few more days to determine whether anybody has received the 2.01 update. So please post if you have.

26. punk

punk

My apologies if I offended you (or anyone else for that matter), It wasn't my intent to be offensive. At the end of the day we're all here for the same reason

27. Frogger007

Frogger007

Livenda DID say "v2.1 is done and already submitted to the Asset Store". This is what they said - a month ago

Could it be, much hot talking air for something not existing !?!

Only a bad advertising gag/joke ?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  28. papibeast

papibeast

@LIVENDA
    Still waiting for an answer on how to fix my issue stated above. Its been a week now.

29. hopeful

hopeful

@papibeast - Be sure to send Livenda an email to their support address.

30. John-G

John-G

Glad I didn't fall for the discount, looks like my fears were valid. Support is more important than price.
    At least my money went to a more deserving developer, picked up Uber - Standard shader ultra instead. And had a nice surprise when it only cost half price.
    Now that's developer support and appreciation, discounted as I already owned some of his products.

Livenda could learn from Tomasz.

chiapet1021 and chelnok like this.
  31. sotec

sotec

since the actual version work pretty well for me, i'm not in hurry for the new version , but i can understand your anger ^^

32. Osher

Osher

Strange, what OS X version are you running?
    No matter what I do Unity stops responding as soon as I enter playmode, not even a fresh install helps with that.

Got an answer from support at livenda that v2.1 would fix this problem and that it should be available very soon.
    Guess I just have to wait until Livendas big announcement 1 september for an update, seems nothing at all is happening until then....

33. zappapa

zappapa

@Osher. I'm also very curious as to what OS X version wet circuit is using. I'm having the exact same problem as you. For what it's worth: I'm using OS X 10.9.5.

34. Osher

Osher

@zappapa I´m using 10.9.5 as well.

35. zappapa

zappapa

Well, maybe we should upgrade to Yosemite then? Let's see what wetcircuit has to say...

36. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i tested this morning, im on yosemite 10.10.4 on a build targeted to ios i have to switch camera mode to forward and quality to "mobile (low)" it worked perfectly but none of the other mode worked on mobile, with SSRR only adding 1,8ms to render thread, however i haven't deployed to an ipad

37. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for the Delay to respond in the last few days as we were in the process of moving offices. It has been hectic to say the least!

Took a while to establish our Internet connection (in Australia this is a big deal unfortunately) We are almost done with the move and will be back to business at full steam ahead.

We will provide the latest version of Candela V2.1 to all who have not received it until so far Tomorrow, so stay tuned and check your inbox. We are hoping most (perhaps not all) of the Mac OS related issues reported should be fixed with V2.1

Cheers,
    Michael

38. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I am osX 10.10.5

39. papibeast

papibeast

Thanks, what is there support address? cant seem to find it!

40. papibeast

papibeast

@LIVENDA still waiting for a fix for my issue when the screen turns black ( please see my previous post for more info)

41. hopeful

hopeful

It's probably "support at livenda.com" ... their website lists "info at livenda.com" for general contact.

42. Rico21745

Rico21745

Considering other developers are submitting updates and having them on the asset store within a week or less, I'm inclined to believe Livenda is not being honest about the status of said patch.

I haven't even used this thing yet and I'm already considering a refund based on the poor support from the developer. Considering there are far cheaper plugins that are doing quite a bit more, with excellent support (See: SECTR asset) this is pretty ridiculous.

A lot of us are making commercial products and are expected to behave professionally and offer support for our users. When my game breaks on someone's Radeon card (as it seems to happen with Candela 2.0 for some people in this thread, who are being actively ignored) you bet your butt it's a problem.

Much like we are expected to support our users, so is Livenda supposed to support their developer userbase.

IMHO if this thing doesn't shape up, I'd say the lot of their unsatisfied customers should petition the Asset Store for removal of Livenda products. Much like users will petition Steam to remove your game after it fails on 50% of hardware configurations.

Harsh? Perhaps. But this poor level of support and broken promises doesn't work in a professional environment. Once you start charging money for your work you need to hold yourself accountable for your timelines and your public statements.

radimoto, MS80, StaffanEk and 11 others like this.
  43. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

Can anybody confirm if they received the link for V2.1 ?

44. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

Yeah it seems it starts all over again. Please Livenda, don't let us down this time. Don't waste your potential!

45. mkgm

mkgm

And Livenda lied to us about their thong !!!

cg_destro and Deleted User like this.
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

I can't believe this is happening again! this takes the piss!

47. BigB

BigB

How about we all make a mass petition to the asset store ?

48. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i guess all the user who bought it under sales because of obvious lies are automatically qualified for a refund ?

49. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

It's a great idea !
    I'm sick and tired of Candela's fake promises.

50. moure

moure

Don't worry people they will return when Unity 6 launches o_O
    Jokes aside there should be an automated process to report asset store sellers. Its really bad publicity for unity themselves when such a promoted asset developer (both with sales and even with an article on unity blog) seems to get away with that kind of behavior for a second year in a row..

elbows likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.