Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Camera Transitions

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ibuprogames, Nov 10, 2015.

1. dis-s

dis-s

After I update Unity to v5.3.5f1 and update Android SDK to v23 CubeTransition begin to work on my Nexus 5! Probably the problem was on Unity side.

Also, after I make the modification of Gate shader that you suggested by email, the Gate is now has the reflection on my Nexus 5 also.

Thanks for help! I will do the further testing. :)

2. KenneyNL

KenneyNL

Thanks for the kind comment there :D That actually fixed it, had no idea I had to import CameraTransitions. Thanks!

3. electricseed

electricseed

Hi Ibuprogrammer,

We would need camera transitions for a gear-vr title - specifically the flash transition. Do some of the transitions support vr (e.g. multiple cameras on one scene?) or are they one-camera-only effects.
    Thanks for your answer.

4. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Unfortunately currently you can not use our pack with VR. The problem is how RenderTextures works when the VR is activated. Hopefully in future versions of Unity give better support.

Regards.

DEMO | DOCUMENTATION | FORUM | MORE ASSETS

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  5. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

New version (1.11) in the store:
    • New transition 'Cross Zoom'.
    • Add events at start, progress and end a transition.
    • New 'Center' parameter in 'Smooth Circle'.
    • Fixed a bug with reflexions in some mobile devices (thanks again Dimitry Skornyakov!).
    • Fixed a bug when launch a transition when another is still running (thanks to Martin Maurer!).
    • Small improvements and fixes.

TechnicalArtist likes this.
  6. dis-s

dis-s

You shaders are not working on Windows 8.1/10 mobile ("not supported" error). After some investigation I have commented the #pragma target 3.0 line and now it works OK.

7. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Why does the camera flip upside down with any transition i do?

8. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Freznosis likes this.
  9. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Hi,

Will this work on iOS? Also if I'm using a different shader then yours do I have to swap shaders when transitioning or do I have to use your shaders for everything?

Thank You.

Regards,
    Jester

10. lifetree

lifetree

Hi,

I was trying to create a script, and I was receiving an error. The error is:

Assets/GesturesTransitions.cs(25,54): error CS0118: `UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectOfType<T>()' is a `method group' but a `type' was expected

Based on this line of code from the documentation:

CameraTransition cameraTransition = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<CameraTransition>();

I also tried to add "new" before "GameObject," because I thought that was the way you created a new iteration of a class, but it didn't work. I know very little about C#, so any advice would be much appreciated.

11. dis-s

dis-s

Hi!

Are you still working on this great asset? I like it and use it on my projects.

I'd like to offer you couple of thing to implement on new release:

1. You have the great "TransitionFallback" shader - I like it. It fast and it can be very useful if you make it as the regular CameraTransitions that can be used not only as hidden fallback. Please, include it to transition list.

2. It would be very useful if you make the "backward" direction option of the transition. For example - the regular direction is from left to right, but with the "backward" option it will be from right to left.

It can be quite easy to implement, but very useful! Thanks!

12. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Yes, we are still working on updating 'Camera Transionts'. We are currently working on upgrading all our assets to Unity 2017 :).
    Your two suggestions will be added to the next update ;).

Regards.

13. dis-s

dis-s

I hope the new version will be compatible with Unity 5. I am using Unity 5.5, I tested it on many customer devices and currently I am not planning to update it . :)

14. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

I will add two versions of the asset, one for Unity 2017.1.0f3 and another for Unity 5.6.3f1.

I do not think you have compatibility problems. If you have any problem, I'll fix it ;)

15. skooter500

skooter500

Hey

I bought camera transitions yesterday for a project I was working on. Got it working ok, but I would like to ask a question

I have a main camera rendering and I want to fade in the image from a second camera, without the first camera image fading out

I tried using CameraTransitionEffects.FadeToColor effect and manually controlling the progress. When the image from the second camera fades in, the image from the first camera starts to fade out. I want it to stay.

Is this possible?

I am planning to use it for VJing.

Thanks!

Bryan

16. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi Bryan, can you send us an email so we can answer you via email?

Thanks!

17. skooter500

skooter500

18. adaptivemobiledevelopment

adaptivemobiledevelopment

Is it possible to transition between the same camera, basically just use the effects?

19. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi, the asset is designed to make a transition between two different cameras. You can not do it on a single camera, but you can create a copy of that camera and make the transition ;)

20. adaptivemobiledevelopment

Thank you that worked perfectly and the transitions look great!!!

Ibuprogames likes this.
  21. Gobstar

Gobstar

is there any vr support for this yet?:)

22. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi Gobstar, we are currently working in version 2.0, a complete refactor of the asset with new functionalities, more effects, support for Unity 2017/8 and VR.

I can not give you a date yet, but we want to have it finished soon.

Regards!

BellBlitzKing and tcmeric like this.
  23. jmdeb

jmdeb

Is there a way to run transition with a random effect? (using it for a kind of gallery and would like the transition to be random) Thanks!

24. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Yes, you have an example of that in the Demo/Scripts/DemoTransitions.cs file.

You can basically do it by creating a list of the effects you want to use and select one:

Code (CSharp):
    1. List<CameraTransitionEffects> transitionEnum = new List<CameraTransitionEffects>();
    3. ...
    5. Array allTransitions = Enum.GetValues(typeof(CameraTransitionEffects));
    6. for (int i = 0; i < allTransitions.Length; ++i)
    7. {
    8.   // Select here whats effects you want to use.
    9.   transitionEnum.Add((CameraTransitionEffects)untestedTransitions.GetValue(i));
    10. }
    12. ...
    14. // Random effect.
    15. CameraTransitionEffects transition = transitionEnum[random.Next(transitionEnum.Count)];
    17. ...
    19. // Execute the transition.
    20. cameraTransition.DoTransition(transition, cameraA, cameraB, 1.0f);

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to send us an email to hello (at) ibuprogames (dot) com.

Regards.

25. kilik128

kilik128

Nice realy cool !!
    i looking for transition like burning effect
    but on same view just shader change
    for exemple snow on northguard
    i will back later explain more

26. adaptivemobiledevelopment

I'm having trouble getting the transition to work with a Camera within a camera. I have a main camera that is orthagraphic and inside that is another camera that is perspective. The transition happens but the visual is not displayed. All I see during the transition is a black solid color screen of my perspective camera and not the transition. Once the transition is complete everything looks fine again.

MainCamera is set to Culling mask everything but the background layer. Depth is 0. Clear flags set to Don't Clear.
    Perspective Camera is set to culling mask of just the background layer. Depth is -2. Clear flags set solid color.

-MainCamera
    -PerspectiveCamera

Any ideas how I can fix it?

27. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi adaptivemobiledevelopment, you may have problems if you try to make a transition between two cameras with different types of projections.

Can you send us (hello @ ibuprogames dot com) a small scene where we can reproduce the error?

Thanks!

28. Malveka

Malveka

Hello - I've been using CameraTransitions in art installation projects for the last couple of years. It's been great, simply and effectively filling a need to transition between scenes. Due to a requirement to run on smaller, less powerful hardware, my current project in Unity 2019.1 is using the lightweight rendering pipeline (LWRP). I've just arrived at the stage where I'm ready to start work on scene transition effects, but much to my dismay it appears that CameraTransitions is not working with 2019.1 LWRP.

There are no error messages issued to the console and, as far as I can tell, the transition is being executed. It's just that the transition visuals are not happening. I loaded the CameraTransitions Demo scene and the result is the same. Camera view changes are occurring, but there is no visual effect. The change to the new camera view happens abruptly.

To narrow the issue down further, I created an empty project with 2019.1 using the "3D" rendering template and loaded CameraTransitions. The demo works as expected. Then I created an empty project with 2019.1 using the "LWRP" rendering template. The demo does not work. Also, in the LWRP project, the shaders in use all fail to render, yielding the familiar pink results. I changed the demo materials to use LWRP shaders and replaced their textures and the scene renders much as usual. But, of course, the transition visuals still do not work.

All this leads me to speculate that the shaders used by CameraTransitions are not compatible with the LWRP. Do you have any insight into this and/or plans to make CameraTransitions compatible? It would be painful to lose this asset in my workflow!

Thanks,
    James

29. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi James, thank you for the interest in our asset!

You are right, our assets do not support SRP (LWRP or HDRP). The main reason is instability, continuous changes in the API, in both types of render.

It seems that in the next version (2019.3), LWRP will be renamed to 'Universal RP' and will be the default Unity render.

We are already working with the beta version of Unity 2019.3 (also new transitions and a complete code refactor) to update our assets as soon as possible when the final version of 2019.3 appears. Then, we will also add support for HDRP.

Regards.

Malveka likes this.
  30. Malveka

Malveka

Thanks for the info and letting us know your plans! Looks like for my current project I'll need to construct something for myself, but I'll certainly be looking to use CameraTransitions for future projects.

Best,
    James

Ibuprogames likes this.
  31. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

New version (2.0) in the store:

• Code refactor, easier transitions.
    • Unity 2017, 2018 and 2019.
    • New transition 'Gradient'.
    • More than 400 gradients.
    • New transition 'Wipe'
    • New transition 'Simple'
    • 'Compress' option in 'Flip' and 'Fold'
    • Handles multiple AudioListeners.
    • 'Reverse' option in almost all effects
    • Improvements and fixes.

Malveka likes this.
  32. Malveka

Malveka

Based on the previous discussion in this forum I assume the support for LWRP(Universal RP) is yet to come, sometime after 2019.3 is finalized?

Thanks.

33. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

We hope to add support for Universal RP shortly after the official release of the 2019.3 version.

From what we have seen so far, the Universal RP version that will include the 2019.3 version does not have 100% of the characteristics of the current render :mad:.

Gekigengar and Malveka like this.
  34. Malveka

Malveka

Thanks for the update. I've rolled my own solution for my current project (to be completed and showing in less than 2 weeks. Ack! :p) running with LWRP in 2019.2. But I am hoping to use CameraTransitions in future projects.

35. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi!

Nice package. Will this work on the same camera? eg: I want to do a variable timed fade in/out on a main camera.
    For example, I need to reset the player position, but want to do a quick fade while doing that instead of jump cutting them.

edit: ah forget it. Just read the docs -> The origin and destination cameras must be different.

36. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi Sonicviz. That limitation is something more of design than something technical. With a few small changes a transition effect can be made in the same camera.

If you are interested, we write an email to hello @ ibuprogames. com and we tell you how to do it.

Regards.

37. akareactor

akareactor

Is it compatible with Cinemachine and Timeline?

38. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi Akareactor, It is compatible, but requires additional code to work.

In the next update I will add this code to make it easier to work with Cinemachine and Timeline (in addition to new transitions).

Greetings.

akareactor likes this.
  39. pabsmultiplayer

pabsmultiplayer

Hi,
    I have a setup with few cameras and few different UI prefabs (each for a different view, and each with a different camera) -check image attached-
    I cannot make the callback when the transition is finished work....
    This is what I've got

Code (CSharp):
    1. Transition();
    2. TransitionManager.Instance.EndEvent += SwitchViewAtEnd;
    Transition() calls the transition with all the settings.
    And after is finished I want to call SwitchViewAtEnd() which is going to disable the view (because right now the view is being disable onClick where the camera is being disable by your plugin after X time amount).

The code in method SwitchViewAtEnd() never gets called.....
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

40. Ibuprogames

Ibuprogames

Hi pabsmultiplayer, thanks for using our asset!

I just checked the events in the demo:

Code (CSharp):
    2. TransitionManager.Instance.StartEvent += () => { Debug.Log("Transition start."); };
    3. TransitionManager.Instance.EndEvent += () => { Debug.Log("Transition end."); };
    And it seems to work properly.

'TransitionManager.Instance.CurrentTransition' is null when calling EndEvent, I don't know if this may be the source of the error. I just fixed it and in the next version it will be solved.

If you think it is not the source of the error, can you send me a small scene in which it occurs to our email?

Thanks!

41. BellBlitzKing

BellBlitzKing

Thanks for making this great asset! Writing to input another feature request / idea.

Including a Eye Blink and Eye Blink Fade transition between two cameras. Helps for perspective style games.

Eye Blink (normal, blinking)

• Based on your "Flip" transition, two black bars come into the bottom and top of the screen.
    • Instead of black bars, it is eye-lid shaped black areas, that engulf the bottom+top of screen.
    • Once the black blink shape areas meet, the current camera blinks as all-black, for a short moment (timer).
    • Once the black blink shape areas open, the next camera instantly is shown, inside the blink area (1 blink).
    • There is a blink length variable for how long we are in darkness / eye closed
    • There is a speed or length variable for how long camera takes in light / eye is open
    • Five Optional effects to add-on/off during eye-open period, in between blinks:
      • Flash (simulates blinking while a bright light is in your face) - Cross-Zoom (simulates running fast while blinking) - Glitch (simulates walking/jogging during an earthquake) - Blink To Color (after blink, change camera view hue to certain color) - Blink + Warp or Schwifty (simulates blinking while underwater or hit by waves)
    1. One Single Blink, goes from one camera to a second camera, then done. No more blinks.
    2. Repeat Blink, goes back and forth between two cameras, the blink as the transition.
    3. Continuous Blink, goes through a list of cameras in specified order or random, till the last camera is reached.
    4. Continuous Cycle Blink, same as above, but when the last camera is reached, it cycles back to the first one.
    5. Random Cycle Blink, same as above, but camera is randomly selected from list, random order and continues randomly without stopping or stops after reaching user set number of total blinks allowed.
    Eye Blink Fade (blur/fade applied, like waking from a dream or coma)
    • Similar to above, but the camera has blur applied through the entire transition
    • The blur slowly goes away after the transition has ended, simulating eyes normalizing.
    • Option to apply the blur to every eye blink, similar to blurry vision, like taking off glasses.
    • When waking up or having too much to drink, our eyes have a delayed/deterred processing of light, which is why our vision is blurry. Also eye damage causes blur, like what a boxer sees after getting hit. The Blurriness clears up over time after our internal light process within the eye and the brain is able to stabilize. (Just scientific context)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  42. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi BellBlitzKing, thanks for your interest in my asset!

The transition you are proposing is very interesting (it hadn't occurred to me :oops:). I will add it in the next update.

Thanks for the idea BellBlitzKing!

BellBlitzKing likes this.
  43. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

Hi, any HDRP support planned for the future? Sadly there is no camera transition right now

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Imperatoss, as soon as the APIs of both SRPs (URP and HDRP) stabilize (especially URP), I support both.

I hope it happens in the next version 2020.1, which at this rate will release in 2021 :(

45. FSIL

FSIL