Search Unity

[RELEASED] BuildR 3 - Procedural Building and City Generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jasperstocker, May 19, 2020.

1. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Create a massive, fully explorable city with the most powerful,
    customizable and capable building generator on the Asset Store.
    Leveraging multi core procedural mesh generation to allow you to CREATE COMPLEX BUILDINGS & ENDLESS CITIES within the Unity editor + at runtime WITHOUT sacrificing frame rate.
    Generate EXPLORABLE INTERIORS through the custom built editor. Walk through the building you create!​

• Generate buildings at runtime OR in the editor.
    • Create ENDLESS BUILDINGS with complex EXPLORABLE interiors.
    • Use custom models to accentuate your buildings and give them character.
    • Generate ANY SIZE from small village houses to complex urban towers.
    • Multithreaded parallel design takes generation off the main thread and frees up your framerate.
    • Supports all Unity platforms from mobile through to AAA.
    • Asset based - create buildings that can be transferred easily between projects.
    • Join a project that has been RUNNING, UPDATED and MAINTAINED for OVER 7 YEARS!
    • Email and Discord support
    Check out my website for more information.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    wirewalkerdev likes this.
  2. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Updated the discord link so it works! :confused:

3. mgrugl

mgrugl

Is it possible to use BuildR with Unity versions newer than 2018? Can V3 create simple gable roofs? I saw the roof shape responds to the walls being set as having gables, but in V3 that doesn't change the roof shape.

4. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Hi all,
    I want to start by offering an apology to all my users. I've not been very available these last few months and I'm looking to change that.
    There were a couple of months end of last year that hit me hard and I guess I went into survival mode. I completely stopped working for a while as I had no time or energy to commit to anything. Just looking after my family and keeping this household going...
    My wife spent a couple months in hospital and is mostly recovered from that (not Covid). My Granddad passed away, one uncle was diagnosed with bowel cancer and another with Motor Neurone Disease. My mother was bed ridden for a couple of weeks with something unspecified (seems to be better now). My dog started having fits but we can't diagnose that as no one does MRIs at the moment... That all pretty much happened in September.
    My own health has been up and down with Crohn's, depression and anxiety after all that.
    I'm sorry I've not been great at updating or maintaining the project but it's still something that I'm wanting to do and will be working towards getting time back in my life to get this going in exciting directions. I'm not sure if dumping all this on here is the right thing but I wanted to clarify what's happening.
    Jasper

TerraUnity, Fibonaccov, pure3 and 4 others like this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

Wish you and yours the best! The world does throw us some challenging times every once in a while.

jasperstocker likes this.
  6. colour366

colour366

Wish you and yours the best!
    By the way, I wonder if this tool supports building JSON data? JSON data contains the number of building floors, building types, and building contour vertex coordinates.
    Can building models be randomly generated in batches based on JSON data?

stip15 likes this.
  7. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

@jasperstocker No apologies are necessary. This has been a crappy couple of years for your family and so many others, mine included. Take whatever time you require to ensure that your family and your own health and well being are in order. Anyone that just can't wait for the next version can just learn to wait.

That being said, I hope that you and yours have a speedy recovery, and you are inspired to pick up BuildR with the passion and excitement that I saw in the original package. You have been missed.

Cheers!
    Mark

stip15 likes this.
  8. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I am sad to hear what happened. I hope you and your family recover from this and I wish you the best.
    I don't think there's any other city generator asset that also generates interior, so I am looking forward for this one.

HypnotistDK and stip15 like this.
  9. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

Hello,

Can developer or someone help thank you

When i import form Unity Asset Store - Package Manager i get 2 1of such errors also when import from a working Poject without error when BuildRCities in it get this errors how can fix ? both projects the working and the non working in UNity 2020.3.42f1

Assets\BuildRCities\Scripts\Utils\Procedural Toolkit\PathOffsetter.cs(47,21): error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'JoinType' is less accessible than method 'PathOffsetter.AddPath(IList<Vector2>, JoinType, EndType)'

Assets\BuildRCities\Scripts\Utils\Procedural Toolkit\PathOffsetter.cs(69,79): error CS0117: 'JoinType' does not contain a definition for 'jtMiter'

#

Try also import al Depency that have in the other project where BuildRCities is working but not helps :(

What can be the problem and how can be fixed ?

Thank you so much

thank you

regards

10. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

I think there must be another issue going on here.
    I've just tried to import BuildR into a fresh 2020 LTS project and it runs correctly and imports with no errors or warnings.
    Additionally - the errors relate to the Procedural Toolkit library - which is odd.
    Could there be a name conflict with something else you have in your project?

11. tredpro

tredpro

is this not available anymore?

Muke24 likes this.