Search Unity

[RELEASED] Broccoli Tree Creator (procedural vegetation generator)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by maldewar, Jul 19, 2018.

1. maldewar

maldewar

Hi everyone,

I would like to show you this editor extension for Unity.
    http://u3d.as/1emq

It's a procedural vegetation generator/modeler to create highly customized/randomized vegetation assets. The package offers a catalog of pre-made pipelines (vegetation instructions) to begin with, so that you can start generating assets right the way without the need to dive into specifics.

Features:
    • Two structure generators to select from (one similar to Unity's Tree Creator and a Lindenmayer system based one).
    • Sprout modes: plane, cross, tricross, planeX, billboard and mesh.
    • Sprout groups: to set leaf mesh modes and mapping (material or texture based).
    • Modifiers for length, girth, branch sparse, twirl and bend points.
    • WindZone component support.
    • LODs (optional with two levels).
    • Prefab creation with texture atlas creation.
    • Controls for texture areas, mapping options and custom materials on branches and sprouts.
    • Persistence system (save, load, share) your tree pipeline.
    • Catalog with pre-made tree pipelines (so you get trees ready out of the box and pipelines to work with).
    • Global scaling for the final tree (to adapt to your game proportions).
    • Documentation and source code with comments.

I hope this tool will help you making beautiful natural environments !

Thanks!!

2. C_p_H

C_p_H

Hello @maldewar,

Your BTC is a Very interesting asset, but I couldn't help but notice that a Roots Generator is missing.
    Tree Roots typically are visible on uneven terrains, steep inclines, hills, mountains, rivers, lakes, cliffs, etc..

Are there any future plans to add this capability to BTC? If Yes then I'd purchase immediately!

3. maldewar

maldewar

Hi C_p_H!
    Indeed I have this featured on my to do list. Right now I'm working at a second modeling tool to be released soon, so I'm focusing on this extension and maintaining Broccoli. Right after I get this new extension ready (less than a 1 month left I hope) I'll start working on new Broccoli features, roots included.

4. C_p_H

C_p_H

Well ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALLLLRRRRIIIIGGGHHHTTT!
    In my matthew mcconaughey voice.:D

maldewar and Flurgle like this.